Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Z25
Refers to 1993 Anniversary Editions; also known as Ruby.

These are the actual cars honored as anniversary cars.

They have RPO Z25 to prove it....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone It's a new day .... 03.05.15
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33780 Posts

Good mooning
Got my blower back from ATI ProCharger. I'll bring it to the shop today for reinstall and a new serp belt. Maybe the other issue I turned it in for will raise it's ugly head since the car has been sitting 2 weeks and resting. It makes a chattering noise during warm up then goes away after you use the car a few minutes. I don't believe it to be internal. Possibly an ABS issue. Big truckload of trees coming in this morning. Sue asked that I come in to assist. I still have the dining room table covered in paperwork. Keep getting pulled away but I'm almost finished gathering what I need to give to the accountant. A couple of more hours there and I should be good for this year. I have to pull out all the major improvement receipts from the old house, the house we sold, to offset capital gains. Tons of fun in the sun. I'm better organized than many but not as good as I should be. Paperwork is on my list of things to clear. It's been on my list for years now. Many, many years. Paperwork is almost as much fun as plumbing. Both are similar in that you have to bend over for both.

Posted on: 2015/3/5 10:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

captmike13 Re: It's a new day .... 03.05.15
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2166 Posts

Good morning gang.

Cold here this morning. Should stay cold all day with a high in the upper teens and low 20's.

Word of the day is eyesome.

Today is NATIONAL CHEESE DOODLE DAY

Are you ready for a great snack and orange fingers? Happy National Cheese Doodle Day! March 5th is the annual celebration for the cheddar cheese coated, puffed or crunchy, fried or baked snack food.

The actual inventor of Cheese Doodle’s is under debate.

One source showed they were invented in the 1940′s by a man named Morrie Yohai who had taken over his family snack food company called Old London foods, while other sources show they were invented in the 1930′s. The debate continues as apparently, in the 1930′s, there were two competing accounts, one from Wisconsin and one from New Orleans.

However they came to be, they are here, they are crunchy, they are delicious, they are orange and we enjoy them!

They come in a variety of shapes, sizes and flavors and 15 million pounds are produced annually. Grab a bag (or tub)!!

NATIONAL CHEESE DOODLE DAY HISTORY

Our research was unable to find the creator or the origin of National Cheese Doodle Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.

National Multiple Personality Day

National Multiple Personality Day is observed annually on March 5th..

After much research, we have found that it is looked at in two different ways:

Some people look at National Multiple Personality Day as a day to look at yourself and connect with who you are. Exploring your own personality traits and examining the roots of those traits. Each one of us shows a different side of our personalities at different times and in different places. Sometimes our personalities appear to be altered, depending on whom we are with and what we are doing. With these things in mind, National Multiple Personality Day is a day to focus your thoughts, on yourself and your own personality.

The other set of people believe it may be that National Multiple Personality Day is a day to raise awareness for this disorder. Multiple Personality Disorder, also known as Dissociative Identity Disorder, is a disorder characterized by at least two distinct and relatively enduring identities or dissociated personality states that alternately control a person’s behavior, and is accompanied by memory impairment for important information not explained by ordinary forgetfulness.

You may know someone, maybe a friend or family member. that has been diagnosed with Multiple Personality Disorder. If so, spend some extra time with them on National Multiple Personality Day.

NATIONAL MULTIPLE PERSONALITY DAY HISTORY

Our research has failed to find the creator of National Multiple Personality Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.

NATIONAL ABSINTHE DAY

March 5th is also know as National Absinthe Day. National Absinthe Day, “an “unofficial national holiday, has been celebrated annually since 2007.

According to Wikipedia, Absinthe is historically described as a distilled, highly alcoholic It is an anise-flavored spirit derived from botanicals, including the flowers and leaves of Artemisia absinthium (“grand wormwood”), together with green anise, sweet fennel, and other medicinal and culinary herbs.[5] Absinthe traditionally has a natural green color but may also be colorless. It is commonly referred to in historical literature as “la fée verte” (the green fairy). Although it is sometimes mistakenly referred to as a liqueur, absinthe is not traditionally bottled with added sugar; it is therefore classified as a spirit. Absinthe is traditionally bottled at a high level of alcohol by volume, but it is normally diluted with water prior to being consumed.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe
Posted on: 2015/3/5 11:28

captmike13@yahoo.com

pianoguy Re: It's a new day .... 03.05.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Selamot sumpur
Posted on: 2015/3/5 11:33

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! Hopefully this is the last test of the pixels comprising the minus sign on my truck's outdoor thermometer. They are still working flawlessly. It looks like this cold snap will finally lose its grip after today - they're talking 50's by next Tuesday. We live here for the variety. Or something. Meanwhile, we are about 30 inches below normal snowfall, so when spring does arrive, my sprinkler system is gonna get a workout.

Have a great day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2015/3/5 13:16

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

TommyT-Bone Re: It's a new day .... 03.05.15
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33780 Posts

Florida has 4 distinct seasons. Pre Summer, Summer, Post Summer and Summer Relief which is the shortest of the Summer seasons.
Posted on: 2015/3/5 14:34

BrianCunningham Re: It's a new day .... 03.05.15
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Need to post some vids of that supercharger when it's back up and running

Meanwhile in Boston

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/2826 ... s-after-train-breaks-down

Quote:

Commuter rail train passengers stuck for 90 minutes after break down

Posted: Mar 04, 2015 6:08 PM EST Updated: Mar 04, 2015 10:36 PM EST
(FOX25 / MyFoxBoston) Ashley Troutman
Connect

QUINCY, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) --Commuters stranded for more than an hour Wednesday tell FOX25 no real progress is being made by the MBTA.

Keolis officials confirmed that a commuter rail train left South Station Wednesday afternoon and malfunctioned on the tracks near Quincy, stranding passengers for nearly 90 minutes until another car came to tow the disabled train back to South Station.

The incident caused ripple effects for other commuter trains in the area, which were forced to stall on the tracks until the disabled car was removed.

"I'm in hell on a MBTA train," one commuter wrote to FOX25 in an email. "Standing room only, stuck behind a disabled train near Braintree. Been standing for an hour."

Another passenger wrote, "Commuters have no way on and off train."

Patrick Lizzote was on one of the train stuck behind the disabled car and said some passengers began feeling ill after the overcrowded cars began heating up.

"People were standing in the aisles, and they turned off the A/C for pretty much the entire time we were stopped," Lizzote said.

Lizzote also told FOX25, "Two weeks ago I was stuck on the same train, on the same line, for about five hours. That one had no electricity and no heat."

Other commuters said despite promises of service improving on the commuter rail, they have no seen no progress from MBTA or Keolis.

"Last week we were stuck for 15, 20 minutes," said Elizabeth Salah. "It's just frustrating, getting to my job has been an issue."
Posted on: 2015/3/5 14:46

teebee Re: It's a new day .... 03.05.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12378 Posts

Morning guys...cold here for the start of the day, but warming up nicely. More springlike in the coming days.

Came home yesterday and sitting on the table was the envelope from the CPA containing our taxes. I walked right past it into the living room where Rosie was sitting. I just asked her,"How bad are they?" She says "It's good". I say "We don't owe too much?", and she says "We're getting money back from Federal, and state we owe nothing." That's great news.

OK, kids showing up, got to go get them started.
Posted on: 2015/3/5 15:04

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: It's a new day .... 03.05.15
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4664 Posts

Brad, I have about 7" of your missing snow - woke up to find that crap in my yard this morning. Feel free to come gather it when it's most convenient for you - the sooner the better. Please and thank you.
I hate this mess, but the sun is out so hopefully that will help.
Ribs I started late last night are about to come out - used the remainder of the glaze I made as a steak marinade for a couple thick chuck eye steaks I have in the fridge. Praying I don't gain 10lbs from boredom of being cooped up in the house...
Posted on: 2015/3/5 15:05

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

GRIS Re: It's a new day .... 03.05.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7694 Posts

SUNNY AND COLD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, GOT ABOUT AN INCH OF "ALL THE ABOVE" ON THE GROUND WHICH SHOULDN'T LAST LONG. EVERYBODY'S TALKING ABOUT WINTER'S LAST GASP, BUT IN OKLAHOMA YOU'RE NEVER SAFE TILL TAX DAY. WORST BLIZZARD IN RECORDED HISTORY IN OK WAS FIRST WEEK OF APRIL.

LETTY, MY CONDOLENCES ON THAT NASTY WHITE STUFF. AT LEAST YOU HAVE PLENTY OF COMFORT FOOD :-)
Posted on: 2015/3/5 15:34

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

KPotter Re: It's a new day .... 03.05.15
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

Not having a lot of fun today.

Last night I slipped and fell on the ice. Landed on my right side. This seems to have acted as a "Home Lithotripsy" because today the old kidney stones are stampeeding. Unpleasant to say the least.

On a brighter note, 11 days and I will be on my way to Sebring !
Posted on: 2015/3/5 15:36

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12378 Posts

Oh, man, Ken I'm so sorry! I know that you know this, but, push the water, lots of it. Flush those suckers out.
Posted on: 2015/3/5 15:42

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33780 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Brad, I have about 7"

My oh my ............. I'd have never guessed .......

Nevermind ...........
Posted on: 2015/3/5 16:01

KPotter Re: It's a new day .... 03.05.15
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

Posted on: 2015/3/5 16:27

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2015/3/5 16:33

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33780 Posts

Lucky for me I keep my records pretty straight. At least I can find stuff. I had home made envelopes containing the receipts and expenses back in 92/93 that are the bulk of my sales price offset to capital gains. Matter of fact between the original buy price and the selling price of the house, I exceed the difference of profit on the selling price in expenses by at least 15k. Which means I actually lost money ............ That's good news. No capital gain. Zip, zero, nada ............... Now to figure out the rest of the tax expenses, gains and losses for the year. Shouldn't be too bad now. Back to normal wrangling.
Posted on: 2015/3/5 16:40

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7694 Posts

HEY LETTY, WILL SHOVEL SNOW FOR FOOD.

YOUR MENU IS MAKING MD DROOL LIKE ONE OF PAVLOV'S DOGS.
Posted on: 2015/3/5 18:28

vetteblondie Re: It's a new day .... 03.05.15
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4664 Posts

Will pay for snow shoveling with food and beer - your choice
Posted on: 2015/3/5 19:15

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33780 Posts

Posted on: 2015/3/5 20:05

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12378 Posts

Quote:

OUCH! However, I understand the reasoning behind the fine. Remind me NOT to speed in Finland. Not that it would cost me that much.
Posted on: 2015/3/5 20:39

Resized Image

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

well at least i haven't been stranded on an icy road for 14 hours!

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/03/05 ... -snow-hours-interstate-65
Posted on: 2015/3/5 21:43

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

Quote:

actually makes sense

too many people with that kind of $$ think they can do whatever they want
Posted on: 2015/3/5 21:44

CentralCoaster Re: It's a new day .... 03.05.15
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:

OUCH! However, I understand the reasoning behind the fine. Remind me NOT to speed in Finland. Not that it would cost me that much.

I'm not sure what I think about that. Seems like a slippery slope. Why not charge them more for milk too?

I've done 100 over the limit on 2 occasions. Not many places you can pull that off. I wonder what the ticket would be. One was on a military base.
Posted on: 2015/3/5 23:19

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7694 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
Quote:

teebee wrote:

I'm not sure what I think about that. Seems like a slippery slope. Why not charge them more for milk too?

INDEED. THERE IS A LITTLE CONCEPT CALLED EQUALITY BEFORE THE LAW. NOT NECESSARILY A EUROPEAN TRADITION.

THERE WAS A TIME WHEN CHARGING WHAT THE PATIENT COULD PAY WAS STANDARD MEDICAL PRACTICE. HEALTH INSURANCE PRETTY MUCH PUT AN END TO THAT.
Posted on: 2015/3/6 0:37

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7694 Posts

HAD A WHOLE DAY OF SUNSHINE, GOT UP TO 44 DEGREES. HEAT WAVE. THE NASTY WHITE STUFF IS ALMOST GONE. MORE SUNSHINE, PLEASE SIR.

WENT TO GET A HAIRCUT TODAY, THE PLACE WAS LIKE A DAYCARE CENTER. SCHOOL WAS OUT AND BOTH BARBERESES BROUGHT THEIR KIDS TO WORK. AND TWO OTHER CUSTOMERS BROUGHT IN MULTIPLE KIDS FOR HAIRCUTS. LIVELY OCCASION.
Posted on: 2015/3/6 0:44

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:
well at least i haven't been stranded on an icy road for 14 hours!

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/03/05 ... -snow-hours-interstate-65

Wonder if this guy was at the front of the line:

Posted on: 2015/3/6 1:27

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.