Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
303 user(s) are online (266 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Cigarette Lighter
Does it work?

If not, the fuse is hidden… behind the Driver Information Center (DIC) on the 1984-1989, and under the right knee bolster on the ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CSS996 Monday Chat 01.28.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

How was the weekend?

My Vette started right up, with just a few hours on the battery charger. This car treats me better than I deserve, I can tell you that. I vow to drive it more, to keep that from happening again.

I splurged a little and bought Rock Band for my Playstation 3. For the kids, ya know...

It's a blast. And my kids are pretty good, too.

We're driving my wife up a tree, which is an added bonus.

Have a super day!
Posted on: 2008/1/28 15:01

bogus RE:Monday Chat 01.28.08
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

It rained. A lot. At times Saturday, it was a total downpour.

Otherwise, we caught up on house cleaning and we started the reorg of the home office... we are getting some new furniture to help make more sense of the mess!
Posted on: 2008/1/28 15:33
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Oaklands RE:Monday Chat 01.28.08
Senior Guru
Morristown, TN
480 Posts

I finally got to wax my car last night. The Zaino did a nice job. The wife and I are waiting impatiently for her pre-testing at the hospital. Her surgery is on Friday. Beautiful day here, going to be around 60 degrees today.
Posted on: 2008/1/28 15:52

joeld RE:Monday Chat 01.28.08
Guru
Lawrenceville Ga
718 Posts

Hey guys, looks like a good day weather wise in my neck of the woods. Started that little project of replacing intake gaskets on my GP yesterday. Finally got off my lazy butt and got 1/2 thru. have a good day.

Joel
Posted on: 2008/1/28 16:19

RollaMo-LT4 RE:Monday Chat 01.28.08
Trivia Winner
Rolla, Missouri
422 Posts

It was a beautiful weekend in central Missouri. Sunny and around 60 yesterday, so we took the Vette and drove about 300 miles round trip to visit my mom.

Now today, it's all cloudy and windy with rain on the way. Hey, it beats ice and snow.
Posted on: 2008/1/28 16:26

TommyT-Bone RE:Monday Chat 01.28.08
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Saturday we were supposed to go to he rodeo. Got there at 6:00 pm and the place had cleared out. Parking lot was empty. Asked the gate attendants what happened to the crowd? New schedule this year, only an afternoon session. Sunday spent at my wifes grandmothers 93 birthday party at the golf course eatery. Didn't drive any of the cars because the rainy morning weather. Took the pick up instead. Today is absolutely gorgeous outside. Sunny with blue skies and the temperature in the 70's and I'm back to work
Posted on: 2008/1/28 18:19

MK 82 RE:Monday Chat 01.28.08
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
439 Posts

Broken ribs still hurt like a bitch! Thank God for Percocet.
Posted on: 2008/1/28 18:24

CSS996 RE:Monday Chat 01.28.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Be careful not to get addicted to pain pills. Happened to my mom. She is a mess. :sad7:
Posted on: 2008/1/28 18:40

apeacefulstorm RE:Monday Chat 01.28.08
Guru
Huntsville, Alabama
147 Posts

got up early Sunday morning drove to the gym to play a little basketball in the 35 and over league, went to the car, no start.... nothing... got lights, and the dash warning lights but no start.... I think the VATS has reared its ugly head..... it's not the battery cause I just got that 6 months ago and the volts were reading fine... no start, no click, no nothing...

I am hoping its just the key not being read and not the starter.... so I had it taken to my mechanic and am waiting the diagnosis....
Posted on: 2008/1/28 18:42

biggrizzly RE:Monday Chat 01.28.08
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

It was mild weather this weekend and pretty nice out yesterday. However I didn't get any work done on the car this weekend. Hopefully this week I'll be able to move forward a bit. I still need to buy Fuel Injectors, new coolant hoses and send my PCM to Bryan for the initial tune. I think that should do it for things to purchase, but you know how it goes.
Posted on: 2008/1/28 18:44

CSS996 RE:Monday Chat 01.28.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

When I tried to program a PKE fob I got from ebay, I had a no start issue. If I try more than once to program the fob, then the car is disabled. I just disconnect the battery, wait a few minutes, reconnect and it starts.

I followed the instructions in the manual for the PKE, but no luck. Might take it to a shop, but I need to pull codes first. Too lazy to do it right now....

Hopefully you are not looking at an expensive repair. Good luck!
Posted on: 2008/1/28 18:47

TommyT-Bone RE:Monday Chat 01.28.08
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

That happened to me after work one day. I cleaned my key with some rubbing alcohol and waited about 5 minutes and it started right up. Another time I reset the door locks and opened from the passenger side and the security light was flashing and I was good to go. Don't ask me why that worked. If the security light is on solid the key cleaning is what did it for me that time but you have to wait at least 5 minutes to try again when that happens.
Posted on: 2008/1/28 20:22

smooth RE:Monday Chat 01.28.08
Senior Guru
Formerly "Aquavet" in Pa.
386 Posts

Broken ribs still hurt like a bitch! Thank God for Percocet

Quote:
Be careful not to get addicted to pain pills. Happened to my mom. She is a mess. :sad7:

Droptop,
As long as you take them on schedule or less frequently you should have nothing to worry about. Did the Doc give you an anti-inflammatory for when the pain is not so severe?
Posted on: 2008/1/28 22:25

MK 82 RE:Monday Chat 01.28.08
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
439 Posts

Quote:

Quote:

Droptop,
As long as you take them on schedule or less frequently you should have nothing to worry about. Did the Doc give you an anti-inflammatory for when the pain is not so severe?

Yes, I have less strong drugs. The main problem is that you have to dull the pain enough to allow you to cough or you risk developing pneumonia. I've broken ribs before. The worst is over in a couple of weeks. I know the risks and I appreciate everyone's concern. Just don't make me laugh!
Posted on: 2008/1/28 22:46

CentralCoaster RE:Monday Chat 01.28.08
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Got drunk and went bowling. Fixed other people's cars.

And I couldn't stand the non-stop rain so I finally went riding despite it. Didn't die, didn't get wet, but the nasty winds just about blew me over. That's a helluva experience. I didn't see too many others out, maybe that's a sign.
Posted on: 2008/1/28 23:15

vetteblondie RE:Monday Chat 01.28.08
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Three people short at my office today just in my room, load all on me, but then I got done early and then was able to give someone a well overdue butt chewing, therefore I feel tons better now. Kicking back with my beer! Cheers! :thumbright:
Posted on: 2008/1/29 0:25

apeacefulstorm RE:Monday Chat 01.28.08
Guru
Huntsville, Alabama
147 Posts

Quote:
When I tried to program a PKE fob I got from ebay, I had a no start issue. If I try more than once to program the fob, then the car is disabled. I just disconnect the battery, wait a few minutes, reconnect and it starts.

I followed the instructions in the manual for the PKE, but no luck. Might take it to a shop, but I need to pull codes first. Too lazy to do it right now....

Hopefully you are not looking at an expensive repair. Good luck!

well the partial diagnosis is in, there is a broken wire in the the steering column.... probably the one that will break over time when you use the tilt/adjusting feature....

So they are going to repair that and then see if the car starts....
Posted on: 2008/1/29 0:32

Ramrod RE:Monday Chat 01.28.08
Senior Guru
S. California
296 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Droptop,

Yes, I have less strong drugs. The main problem is that you have to dull the pain enough to allow you to cough or you risk developing pneumonia. I've broken ribs before. The worst is over in a couple of weeks. I know the risks and I appreciate everyone's concern. Just don't make me laugh!

There was this traveling salesman who walked into a bar with a parrot on his shoulder...........just pulling your leg. Hope ya get better soon.
Posted on: 2008/1/29 3:05

CentralCoaster RE:Monday Chat 01.28.08
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:
Three people shot at my office today just in my room, reload all on me, but then I got done early and then was able to give someone a well overdue butt kicking, therefore I feel tons better now. Kicking ass with my beer! Cheers! :thumbright:

I read that wrong.
Posted on: 2008/1/29 3:07

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.