Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
275 user(s) are online (245 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TLS
Transverse Leaf Spring

A design first used by Chevrolet in the 1963 Corvette with independent rear suspension. When centrally mounted, it function...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Ultraman Big Tuesday Chat.....3-8-16 / 03-15-16
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Well they put Ma in the Hospital last night so I am headed down to see what all is going on.....nobody there seems to know anything....which is worrisome in itself....

No big rain last night so the farm work continues.....

Gotta go....enjoy your day Guru's....
Posted on: 2016/3/8 12:19
Edited by TommyT-Bone on 2016/3/15 12:32:23

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Big Tuesday Chat.....3-8-16
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Good luck, Marcus, hope everything is alright with Ma.

Supposed to be sunny and warm today. I'm going to try to get in the garage and tinker on the car while the kids are in school.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2016/3/8 12:36

TommyT-Bone Re: Big Tuesday Chat.....3-8-16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I hate to say it Marcus but I've seen this pattern before. Remember, God's will be done, not mine. It's hard to be in your shoes right now. YOU are not the one that is in control. Do what you can and be close. Leave the rest to the powers that be. A man can only do so much but you are trying to do something. Sorry to hear.

Posted on: 2016/3/8 13:29

teebee Re: Big Tuesday Chat.....3-8-16
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Morning guys....Well said Tommy. Do what you can and leave the rest to higher powers. I know Marcus understands that. It's still difficult.

I have a dental check today and then, while I'm in the 'city', I'm going out to visit with some friends , who used to live across the street from us here, to look at doing a little work for them. Then back home to install a cabinet in a clients home here.
Posted on: 2016/3/8 13:39

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Do what you can and leave the rest to higher powers. I know Marcus understands that. It's still difficult.

I agree. It's just that I often "forget" and try to wrestle control. Not that any of us around here are control freaks or anything.
Posted on: 2016/3/8 14:08

BillH Re: Big Tuesday Chat.....3-8-16
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Good luck, Marcus.

3 day snow total:
Over on the mountain at the ski slopes-60 in.

At the house-1/8th in.
Posted on: 2016/3/8 14:09

pianoguy Re: Big Tuesday Chat.....3-8-16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! The grindstone is at full speed - I'm ready for a nap already. Meanwhile, another mid-60's day here, digging it.

Much mojo, Marcus!

Enjoy your day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2016/3/8 14:35

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

GRIS Re: Big Tuesday Chat.....3-8-16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7660 Posts

CLOUDY AND COOL THIS MORNING IN THE NATIONS. GOT AN INCH OF RAIN LAST NIGHT, MORE COMING TODAY AND THE REST OF THE WEEK ACCORDING TO NWS. THE CHEROKEES THINK THIS MAY BE TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING.

HANG TOUGH MARCUS.
Posted on: 2016/3/8 14:58

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

BrianCunningham Re: Big Tuesday Chat.....3-8-16
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Best wishes to your mother
Posted on: 2016/3/8 16:29

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2016/3/8 19:23

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Busy day. Dental check and cleaning, then 2 hours looking at and advising on some re-model work. Drive home and work for an hour in the shop before I go to install the cabinet. Take GS #2 out to golf practice, go back and finish install, then over to work on a printer, then back to the golf course to pick up GS. Then home to eat supper. Busy, busy. My butt is dragging tonight.
Posted on: 2016/3/9 0:58

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Sheesh, I need a nap after reading Tom's post! Long day at work today. When I got home, things had thawed out enough for me to get the yard waste bin out from under the deck, and I was able to toss out the Christmas decorations (they were still frozen in place yesterday). Another couple days and I'll think about bringing the Vette home.

I got a new Eckler's C4 catalog in the mail today. It had a '93 on the cover with the wheels on backward.
Posted on: 2016/3/9 1:34

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
I got a new Eckler's C4 catalog in the mail today. It had a '93 on the cover with the wheels on backward.

Give you a lot of faith in buying stuff from them doesn't it?
Posted on: 2016/3/9 13:21

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Didn't feel like starting a new thread so I modded an old one. Got all the full panels on the roof and secured. Today, 14 pieces I have to cut to 16" long, place and secure them and the roof will be pretty well done.
Posted on: 2016/3/15 12:35

pianoguy Re: Big Tuesday Chat.....3-8-16 / 03-15-16
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Gloomy and rainy here, but we need some moisture, and I'm stuck indoors all day anyway.

Way to promote recycling, Tommy ;-)

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2016/3/15 12:48

Ultraman Re: Big Tuesday Chat.....3-8-16 / 03-15-16
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Hey piggy back chat's.......always something new on the Guru.....

Appreciate those words Tommy....I am not in control but am forced to make decisions I don't feel qualified to make. Like....if your Mother has a heart attack do you want her to be resuscitated? Geez how do you answer that? I said it depends on if......and then they found a paper where she had signed that she did not want to be resuscitated back when she was still Ma. That was a lesson for me to take those things out of the hands of my children....It was a relief anyway that I did not have to say no......or yes.....

Rained so we have a day to catch up a bit......

Been thinking about buying a 2011 CTS4 I have looked at it sitting out in front of the guys house for a month now......I learned it had been popped in the back so would have to check that out.....nice looking car.....something for me and Uwoman to take to church you know.......keeps the utility miles off the GS......which is nearing 50K miles.......the Caddy only has 18K mileage and he is wanting $21K for it........just thinking about it.......

Have a safe day Guru's.....
Posted on: 2016/3/15 13:03

GRIS Re: Big Tuesday Chat.....3-8-16 / 03-15-16
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7660 Posts

SUNNY,COOL,& CALM IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING. THE CHEROKEES ARE PLEASED.

YESTERDAY THE SUN CAME OUT AND THE TOP WENT DOWN. GOT UP TO 80. TOOK DARLING WIFE TO TAHLEQUAH FOR SUPPER AT OUR FAVORITE ITALIAN PLACE. UNFORTUNATELY WE FORGOT THEY ARE CLOSED ON MONDAY. WE WERE CONFUSED BY THE SUNSHINE :-0
Posted on: 2016/3/15 13:57

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

TommyT-Bone Re: Big Tuesday Chat.....3-8-16 / 03-15-16
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Like....if your Mother has a heart attack do you want her to be resuscitated? Geez how do you answer that? I said it depends on if......and then they found a paper where she had signed that she did not want to be resuscitated back when she was still Ma.

My Mom said resuscitate but NO heart surgery. She has no fear of dying, She is totally at peace. Still kicking up her heels and dancing at the German and Hungarian club dances. She has a valve that's leaking now but there will be no corrective surgery. The doctors are monitoring it. She will be 90 in June. Also she's moving in late April to be in a new condo by May 1st. Still living independently. You may remember me mentioning she had multiple bouts of pneumonia while living in an assisted living facility. She took a 40k hit and moved out. She still gets pneumonia but about once a year now. That stuff will take you out. I'm not getting a long term insurance policy. I've got a short term solution to declining health issues. Having witnessed elderly warehousing, I prefer another direction.
Posted on: 2016/3/15 17:38

BrianCunningham Re: Big Tuesday Chat.....3-8-16 / 03-15-16
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Agree on Elderly Housing

Look into home care, that's what my family did with mine

On BIG TUESDAY:
Something wrong with the elections when the candidates can concentrate on KEYS STATES and WIN. What about the other states?
Posted on: 2016/3/15 18:39

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:
Agree on Elderly Housing

Look into home care, that's what my family did with mine

On BIG TUESDAY:
Something wrong with the elections when the candidates can concentrate on KEYS STATES and WIN. What about the other states?

You bring up a good point. All caucuses and elections should take place on the same day with a winner takes all for the party votes for each state. The delegate tally from each state would then be added together to clearly define each parties winner. Seems too simple. Less spent on advertising, debating, traveling and a whole lot less
Government is too large in these days of modern technology. Our political system is squarely antiquated. If government wanted to know what it's constituents really think about a subject ask THEM to vote on it from home. Yes, No or Abstain. Too easy. Lets just form committees under committee chairs and sub chairs that are persuaded by lobbyists and contributors, swayed by pork barrel politics to present bills that get locked up in The House and Senate. Ya, that's the best way to conduct our political affairs.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.
Posted on: 2016/3/15 19:38

vetteblondie Re: Big Tuesday Chat.....3-8-16 / 03-15-16
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Hey piggy back chat's.......always something new on the Guru.....

Appreciate those words Tommy....I am not in control but am forced to make decisions I don't feel qualified to make. Like....if your Mother has a heart attack do you want her to be resuscitated? Geez how do you answer that? I said it depends on if......and then they found a paper where she had signed that she did not want to be resuscitated back when she was still Ma. That was a lesson for me to take those things out of the hands of my children....It was a relief anyway that I did not have to say no......or yes.....

Rained so we have a day to catch up a bit......

Been thinking about buying a 2011 CTS4 I have looked at it sitting out in front of the guys house for a month now......I learned it had been popped in the back so would have to check that out.....nice looking car.....something for me and Uwoman to take to church you know.......keeps the utility miles off the GS......which is nearing 50K miles.......the Caddy only has 18K mileage and he is wanting $21K for it........just thinking about it.......

Have a safe day Guru's.....

Very hard questions indeed. Had to make them in 09 when my mamma passed. She knew due to her smoking and heart condition with diabetes the last stay in the hospital was it. There were a couple of times she seemed incoherent so they asked her of her wishes. Then made me go ask her again to be certain. Was the hardest question I have ever asked my mamma. I do not not wish to be in your shoes right now. Yes good words from Tommy - it's the Lord's will, not ours but it is very hard. Peace be with you and your family right now as you sort all this out and take care of her. Prayers sent.
Was a busy Friday at the body shop, he's officially now a newbie in the SCCA racing at Memphis. Day an a half late getting the car ready, bout wore us both out, got home about 7:30. He made it fine and went back Sunday as well. I hid out all weekend. Truck shopping continues, have someone coming to look at the BFs 98 Silverado tomorrow hopefully a sale.
Beautiful weather here today, would've given anything to been off. 80 an sunny with slight wind.
happy day everyone
Posted on: 2016/3/15 22:03

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Got most of the roof finished. I WAS finished till I realized I overlapped all the bottom pieces WRONG. Of course I didn't figure it out till I was doing my final inspection. Looks Like I'll be fixing that mistake tomorrow. I'm already a day over on the roof. A day more than I expected. Here's what it looks like now . The last photo is the part that is wrong. I just have to unscrew 16 screws 2 panels at a time, reposition and rescrew, 27 times.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_3235.JPG (71.72 KB)
852_56e896359a046.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  IMG_3240.JPG (58.44 KB)
852_56e8964220b0e.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  IMG_3238.JPG (34.20 KB)
852_56e8966f3fd33.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  IMG_3236.JPG (49.96 KB)
852_56e8968590689.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  IMG_3237.JPG (39.22 KB)
852_56e89695c3c29.jpg 640X480 px
Posted on: 2016/3/15 23:11

j3studio Re: Big Tuesday Chat.....3-8-16
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

This is our future—most of the people working on these catalogs now know just about nothing about the cars. Mid America's Twitter feed is also full of mistakes. I think we'll just have to get used to it ...

Posted on: 2016/3/15 23:51

Ultraman Re: Big Tuesday Chat.....3-8-16
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Quote:

j3studio wrote:

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

This is our future—most of the people working on these catalogs now know just about nothing about the cars. Mid America's Twitter feed is also full of mistakes. I think we'll just have to get used to it ...

....and that is why the hard core C4 Guru exists.....to enlighten the masses as to the true workings of the C4 Corvette.......onward then......with banners held high.......

I really think you should rename it The C4 Guru.......rebuild it and they will come.......

Posted on: 2016/3/16 2:37

teebee Re: Big Tuesday Chat.....3-8-16 / 03-15-16
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Hey guys, it was a busy busy day. I finished the project for the church in the next town over today. Then got called to the church to set up for a speaker this evening, then listening to her then tearing down.

I'm tired and will hit the hay pretty soon.
Posted on: 2016/3/16 3:38

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.