Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
333 user(s) are online (279 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Backspacing
A wheel dimension measured from the hub mounting surface to the inner sidewall of the tire, usually measured in Inches. It determines how much tire ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Topic is Locked

Mr_Mojo Well it finally happened
Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

I know I'm not supposed to talk about this, but I felt I had to let out some steam so I don't go nuts.

I was placed in Moderation today for comments made in the ZR-1 section of CF.

To anyone here who I have ever placed in moderation, I apologize. I had no idea how bad that could actually be.

My participation has gone down over there ever since I was dethroned, but now I may not ever post again.

Time to move on and get that part of my life behind me. Should make for an interesting visit for the Cruise In in Bowling Green.

I'm going to need a Guru T-shirt.
Posted on: 2008/3/20 0:20

TommyT-Bone Re: Well it finally happened
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Don't be such a tease Frank. Wet my beak a little. Give me a clue. Should I look for a lock? Or is it gone.
Posted on: 2008/3/20 0:41
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Notorious Re: Well it finally happened
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

The thread which caused my most recent banning over there was "adjusted" from over 70 posts to 20-some when it was finally locked. It was kind of funny that they didn't delete it completely but that was because, I'm assuming, that it took their current brain-trust of mods 2 or 3 days to notice it and take action. And the deleting of threads in their entirety had already been covered well in this one.
Screw it Frank, who gives a F? I was just wondering earlier today where you'd been. And although it took this, it's good to see you back over here. Screw them royally in a most private area. Who cares what those d***heads think anyway?
Posted on: 2008/3/20 1:31

Shadow Re: Well it finally happened
Senior Guru
271 Posts

Looks liek the f-tards are at it again

Moderation, or "time out" as I called it, is rediculous. Did they even give you a reason? No one there including that f-tard Robert or my alleged "friend" Jesse, has ever had the sack to tell me why I was banned? I love the gutless way they go about things there. They deserve each other.

And all this deleting or "cleansing" of threads is ludicrous. Pathetic at best!

Since I can't read it, please enlighten the banished

What did you do to ruffle thier tiny feathers. Oh, and make that 2 Guru t's!
Posted on: 2008/3/20 1:49

The CF Artist fka: STREETKNIGHT..R.I.P.

www.CorvetteFlorida.com

www.CorvetteInternational.com

jsup Re: Well it finally happened
Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Don't be such a tease Frank. Wet my beak a little. Give me a clue. Should I look for a lock? Or is it gone.

:me2: C'mon don't leave us hanging...
Posted on: 2008/3/20 1:57

red_johnny Re: Well it finally happened
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Go ahead and let out the steam, I also was wondering what it was that would make them do that to you.
Posted on: 2008/3/20 2:49

jhammons01 Re: Well it finally happened
Senior Guru
1044 Posts

Unbelievable.........
Posted on: 2008/3/20 5:23

Mr_Mojo Re: Well it finally happened
Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

All I said was that the Admins, not the Mods banned Jeffvette. It was posted in the ZR1 section and of course the whole thread has been removed.
They did the same thing to a thread in Drag Racing where nothing bad at all was said.

They've been monitoring my PM's as well. They even took away my Lifetime status.

My time spent there has been reduced greatly before this, but now I guess it's over. Nothing like spending 20% of your life helping people and dedicating yourself to something you believed in only to have it stripped away for a dollar.

It's all about the money, it never was until Troy sold. Once that happened the place started falling apart, even before we knew the place was sold.
Posted on: 2008/3/20 11:29

runner140 Re: Well it finally happened
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

C/F will lose enough members and wake up and change some of their policies. Policing each post will have a negative effect AND "this" site (corvette/guru) will in a year or so, become the place for information/interest/friendship etc.

Frank, time to move on.
Posted on: 2008/3/20 11:41

pappyfreebird Re: Well it finally happened
Senior Guru
1028 Posts

prolly dont mean cheeyut...but theres hog sites the same way...belonged fer years n helped alot a rednecks...but someone argued i swore n poof me n the cats that defended were as you say dethroned...so we opened (they did i dont have a pc clue)another site (sorta like this one) n now all the good ol boys hang there .... n still check ol site ...but sucks then werks out
Posted on: 2008/3/20 11:58

-=Jeff=- Re: Well it finally happened
Master Guru
Bartlett, IL
573 Posts

Quote:

Mr_Mojo wrote:
All I said was that the Admins, not the Mods banned Jeffvette. It was posted in the ZR1 section and of course the whole thread has been removed.
They did the same thing to a thread in Drag Racing where nothing bad at all was said.

They've been monitoring my PM's as well. They even took away my Lifetime status.

My time spent there has been reduced greatly before this, but now I guess it's over. Nothing like spending 20% of your life helping people and dedicating yourself to something you believed in only to have it stripped away for a dollar.

It's all about the money, it never was until Troy sold. Once that happened the place started falling apart, even before we knew the place was sold.

HEY Frank!!!

I saw your post in the ZR-1 section, it was not out of line at all.. that was the first time I noticed you were no longer a Mod, when did they strip you of that and why?

I was a Mod on Corvette Action Center a long time ago, I was removed as a mod because I was busy with other priorities and I agreed I did not have time to mod anymore

but you seemed to be there (CF) daily.
Posted on: 2008/3/20 14:07
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051

Senior Guru
271 Posts

Quote:
Mr_Mojo wrote:
All I said was that the Admins, not the Mods banned Jeffvette

That's all it took brother. Unfortunately, the admins over there have a God complex They think they're better than everyone else. Most are way too thin skinned and arrogant for the job IMO.

One thing I've noticed and I don't care who see's it. Not a one of the admins over there have the balls to say anything to your face. They hide behind thier keyboards and sue thier positions to facilitate thier whiney ways!

Willis can kiss my ass and if anyone see's him, please tell him I said so. While you're at it, please feel free to tell him how to contact me if he has the guts to discuss it lilke a man?

Jesse is the one that truly disapointed and to an extent, upset me
I know people disagree with his opinions at times, but he's always been a great guy and pretty straight up with me. Unfortunately, he too has taken the low road on this thing and has gone into the sewer with Willis. I'm truly ashamed of him. I thought he had a larger set. He and Willis are tight though so I guess it's to be expected

Quote:
It was posted in the ZR1 section and of course the whole thread has been removed.

That seems to be status quo over there. Actually, from what I've been able to garner from some legal types, editing a thread shows complicity and actually makes them a part of whatever they're trying to prevent (racing etc?)

Quote:

This really pisses me off!!! "PM's" are supposed to be just that...private! It usually takes a bit of work to monitor pms' so someone obviously has a hard on for someone.

Quote:

I'm going to be blunt with you frank. I don't know why the hell you stayed after they did what they did? When I've had enough of someone or someplace, that's it! I wouldn't piss in your mouth if your head was on fire! I don't have any desire to show up on thier member roster or increae thier traffic.

There's many places one can go (this one for example) to get all the info one needs for our hobby/sport. Why patronize the gutless twits?

Quote:
It's all about the money, it never was until Troy sold. Once that happened the place started falling apart, even before we knew the place was sold

I hate to burst your bubble Frank, but it was then as well. Troy wasusing the $$ to set the place up for sale. It apparently had been in the works for some time with a limited amount of input from those other than admins.

Troy did what most including myself would have done...took the money and ran. Hell, he probably bought a Viper

I'd have done the same thing, but A little differently I believe. Even in corporate buyouts, many times the incoming czars will keep the mover's and shakers in place to help the transition. He just took the money and hauled ass...tells you a little about where his "heart" was now doesn't it?

Anyway Frank, welcome home Vent if you need to, then relax and enjoy

Gordon
Posted on: 2008/3/20 14:15

www.CorvetteFlorida.com

Senior Guru
271 Posts

Quote:
-=Jeff=- wrote:

MrHEY Frank!!!

I saw your post in the ZR-1 section, it was not out of line at all.. that was the first time I noticed you were no longer a Mod, when did they strip you of that and why?

I was a Mod on Corvette Action Center a long time ago, I was removed as a mod because I was busy with other priorities and I agreed I did not have time to mod anymore

Jeff, Frank is and was one of the good ones One of the guys that didn't get his panties in a wad over nonsense. If he had to take some action, he did so fairly and professionally and (at least from my own knowledge), sent you a PM and let you know that you might have gone over the top a bit You can't ask for more than that

How would you like getting "locked out" of a forum and never knowing why? The admins at Digital Corvettes are guilty of the same thing that CF has been doing, yet they profess to be "better" than them?:sad3:
There's just to many thin skinned types in positions of power for me on some of these sites. DC was bashing CF for a long time, then opened up "thier world" to the "refugees" like the prodigal son. It really was sort of disgusting to compare notes. In reality, they're both pretty much alike...just different things get thier panties wadded..Too many pettit kingdoms and attitudes for me.

It's a lot more laid back here. I think I'll just be content to hang here and the Florida site
Posted on: 2008/3/20 14:24

www.CorvetteFlorida.com

Master Guru
Bartlett, IL
573 Posts

Quote:

Shadow wrote:
Quote:
-=Jeff=- wrote:

MrHEY Frank!!!

Jeff, Frank is and was one of the good ones One of the guys that didn't get his panties in a wad over nonsense. If he had to take some action, he did so fairly and professionally and (at least from my own knowledge), sent you a PM and let you know that you might have gone over the top a bit You can't ask for more than that

How would you like getting "locked out" of a forum and never knowing why? The admins at Digital Corvettes are guilty of the same thing that CF has been doing, yet they profess to be "better" than them?:sad3:
There's just to many thin skinned types in positions of power for me on some of these sites. DC was bashing CF for a long time, then opened up "thier world" to the "refugees" like the prodigal son. It really was sort of disgusting to compare notes. In reality, they're both pretty much alike...just different things get thier panties wadded..Too many pettit kingdoms and attitudes for me.

It's a lot more laid back here. I think I'll just be content to hang here and the Florida site

Yeah I know Frank is a good guy.. Hell I have been a member of CF since March of 1999 when it first launched.. Frank was on then too. I am surprised/Shocked that he was no longer a Mod.. Shows how much I actually read there. I mainly look at the for sale section and ZR-1 section.
Posted on: 2008/3/20 14:47
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051

Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

Jeff, Thanks! For doing my duty, they canned me.

Gordon, I hear you brother.

From what I know, CF sold back in February of 2007, but we weren't informed until after Cruise In. I forget exactly, but those stupid Google ads started appearing and all hell broke loose. Remember at that time I was still on their side with no idea what was going to happen.
No matter what I did, they always had my back. If I ever got out of line, Jim or Jesse would PM me and explain why I shouldn't have said what I said and would simply lock the thread and move on.
Now they monitor everything I do, as if I'm some kind of threat to them. Well maybe they're right. I have a lot of friends and I can get them away from there and over here. It will take time though, but in the end it will be worth it.

Me and Jim Willis go back a ways. We used to meet up anytime I was in Alabama, have lunch dinner whatever. We even met up in Tampa when he had business there. His wife is a great person, I wonder how she feels about what he did for me.
Jesse I never knew well, but we do know each other well enough and he has always treated me with respect, but he is conspicuously silent through this last ordeal.

I now know what Sensei Earl and Blake felt like, I wonder what Bigtoe thinks of all this?

These guys were all personal friends of mine, more than just internet acquaintances and it saddens me that they act this way.

The only reason I stayed on as a member over there was because I still have friends there and the Drag Racing section is focused mostly on the Northeast, so I woul visit there mostly.

The Northeast section there can kiss my ass, they had a hand in all of this. SO far I haven't run inti any of those assholes, but when I do, I may actually run into them(just hope I have my truck instead of the vette that day).

Enough for now, I'm going to eat my dinner and relax.

Thanks for listening everyone.
Posted on: 2008/3/21 0:23

smack123 Re: Well it finally happened
Guru Newb
Moving to BC
20 Posts

ahaha... I'm starting to feel like this place is turning into a halfway house for convicted former CF contributors.

Better yet - perhaps we have just seen the light, we have been SAVED! AMEN!!
Posted on: 2008/3/21 2:28
Edited by smack123 on 2008/3/21 2:52:55

Master Guru
Bartlett, IL
573 Posts

Quote:

I now know what Sensei Earl and Blake felt like, I wonder what Bigtoe thinks of all this?

Sensei Earl, and Blake (aka The Viper Pit) Holy Crap that is a blast from the past!!!

Who is Bigtoe!!

Frank, if you need to contact ANYONE on CF, give me their usernames and I will glady PM/email them with any info you want.

Also When did they strip you of Mod Duties?
Posted on: 2008/3/21 3:00
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051

Rex_Ruby Re: Well it finally happened
Senior Guru
Philly Suburbs
180 Posts

Unbelieveable!
I take that back very believeable.
I was thinking things were smoothing out over there now this.

How can they strip you of your lifetime membership? You PAID for that, complete BS.

I'd love to post some of my feelings on this over there but they woud only delete it and me ban me as well.

I have to admit I still use the NE section only because a lot of NE area people do check that forum for events.

BUT for C4 tech and gen it's only the guru!
For ZR1 info I look at ZR1.net which is why I missed what happend over there.

CF will blow themselves up if they continue that style of moderation.
Posted on: 2008/3/21 5:00

'93 Ruby Coupe ZF6 - Muffler eliminators, Blink Blink kit and Polished ZR1 Wheels
* PA Plate: OBSSSN

'06 Lemans Blue C6 Coupe - Completely stock (wife's)

Senior Guru
271 Posts

Quote:

-=Jeff=- wrote:
Quote:

Sensei Earl, and Blake (aka The Viper Pit) Holy Crap that is a blast from the past!!!

Who is Bigtoe!!

Frank, if you need to contact ANYONE on CF, give me their usernames and I will glady PM/email them with any info you want.
Also When did they strip you of Mod Duties?

Be careful Jeff. I can guarantee you that someone is watching. Those knuckleheads are paranoid that "someone else" is going to take over :sad3: It's almost as if the mods and admins had a financial stake in IB?

Anyway, if what Frank said is true and I have no reason to doubt him, then they'll watch your PM's as well. Make an offer to someone to come here or have one of them report you and you'll find yourself on the outside too :sad3:

It's a real shame they can't grow a set and realize there's room for everyone. I'm on several different sites for various reasons. Some (like this and the Florida forum) more than others, but I still visit them on occasion.

Just watch your back bro...
Posted on: 2008/3/21 8:58

www.CorvetteFlorida.com

Senior Guru
271 Posts

Quote:

Rex_Ruby wrote:
Unbelieveable!
CF will blow themselves up if they continue that style of moderation.

Unfortunately, they'll probably survive do to the newbie that continually join, unaware of thier antics.

We need to get this site on top of the search engines and more publicity!

Quote:
I'd love to post some of my feelings on this over there but they woud only delete it and me ban me as well.

Yes they would and liely never have the sack to tell you why

Quote:
How can they strip you of your lifetime membership? You PAID for that, complete BS

They like to use the "catch all" in the forum rules that say they can pretty much lock out anyone for any reason (go back and read the rules). It's a Charlie Sierra catch all phrase that allows them carte' blanche to dump pretty much anuyone they want without reason.

That said, there appears to be potential legal action broiling in the background. Something about a lawsuit and possibly a class action

This ought to get good, make them spend a little $$ tie up thier legal minds for a while and rattle thier cages for a few months....this ought to be good
Posted on: 2008/3/21 9:04

www.CorvetteFlorida.com

Mekanic Re: Well it finally happened
Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

man I seriously hate that place more and more.

If it weren't for me looking in the for sale section from time to time. I would LOVE to go out with a BANG.

Set up a nice macro to make a thread in every section with some tasty advertisements for the bestest corvette site!
Posted on: 2008/3/21 11:27

Yea tho I walk through the valley in the shadow of rice, I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me.

Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

This is a reply I got in email from our good friend BK (96LT4)

Quote:
Jim busted up on me in that thread too. You mentioned that you were no longer a Mod, shocking to me, and I simply replied, "Makes 2 of us". He told me I was being hostile to the CF.
Posted on: 2008/3/21 12:00

Master Guru
Bartlett, IL
573 Posts

Quote:

Shadow wrote:

Be careful Jeff. I can guarantee you that someone is watching. Those knuckleheads are paranoid that "someone else" is going to take over :sad3: It's almost as if the mods and admins had a financial stake in IB?

Anyway, if what Frank said is true and I have no reason to doubt him, then they'll watch your PM's as well. Make an offer to someone to come here or have one of them report you and you'll find yourself on the outside too :sad3:

It's a real shame they can't grow a set and realize there's room for everyone. I'm on several different sites for various reasons. Some (like this and the Florida forum) more than others, but I still visit them on occasion.

Just watch your back bro...

Yeah I know, CF has gone down hill, I only post there in FS and ZR-1 mostly, occasionally I post in C4 Gen or Tech,

I think it is wrong if you pay of a lifetime membership then are not allowed there anymore.

it would be like having a membership to NCM and not allowed in there. Even pushing limits should not get you banned, completely disregarding rules, is another thing, but from what I recall, Frank did NO Wrong in that ZR-1 Thread
Posted on: 2008/3/21 12:48
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051

bogus Re: Well it finally happened
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

This is an on going problem over there. But you know something, it's OVER THERE.

I am getting to be of the mindset where I don't care anymore what happens there. It's their problem, not mine, not ours.

Yes, from what I have heard, there has been a drop in traffic. And yes, from what I have heard, there has been a serious drop in quality.

But after reading that thread a couple of weeks ago, where the writer alluded to "gurus" who only bash CF, I don't really want to see these threads anymore. Perception is a bitch. It really is.
Posted on: 2008/3/21 14:39

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Topic is Locked
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.