Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
247 user(s) are online (206 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  A4
Generic reference to an automatic equipped C4. All are 4-speed overdrive units....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Monday Chat 04.28.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good morning Gurus!

How was everyone's weekend? Hopefully good. I read some posts from productive members of the website.

Weather here doesn't want to cooperate. Cold and rainy. Talk of snow tonight. Ugh. Not what I want to hear. Not good corvette weather. Oh well.

Read a disturbing article about this crazy perverted old man in Austria. Anyone else catch it on the news? Truly sick. Here's a clicky:

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/father-c ... hter/20080427123809990001

What is wrong with some people?

Other than that I also saw oil prices are up and the president of OPEC stated $200 a barrel is possible because the oil prices are driven by the weak dollar. Awww nuts.

Hope I didn't bring ya'll down. Have a good day.

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/4/28 13:50

DaleD Re: Monday Chat 04.28.08
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

One of the things I've learned as I got older is to be aware of what's possibly coming, but live in the moment.

Right now, I have a Corvette, I can afford gas, I'm healthy, sore, but healthy, and there's beer in the fridge. Life is good.
Posted on: 2008/4/28 13:54

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 04.28.08
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

DaleD wrote:
One of the things I've learned as I got older is to be aware of what's possibly coming, but live in the moment.

Right now, I have a Corvette, I can afford gas, I'm healthy, sore, but healthy, and there's soda in the fridge. Life is good.

For me that's easier said than done. I'm always projecting. Oh ...... to live in the moment.......
Posted on: 2008/4/28 14:04
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CSS996 Re: Monday Chat 04.28.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

I watched a PBS NOVA episode about future cars. Had Click and Clack, or whoever those radio guys are. I gotta say, those two are annoying as hell...

Anyway, they were in Iceland, where gas is $8.00 a gallon. I still saw lots of cars on the road. We gotta do what we gotta do, I guess.

I am fairly certain my family's next new vehicle will not run completely on gasoline. But we just bought my wife a new car last year, so we're years away from anything brand new.

I'd like a Tesla, personally... TESLA (clicky)

Although if Hydrogen can be made more viable, I think that's a great solution.
Posted on: 2008/4/28 14:08

DaleD Re: Monday Chat 04.28.08
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Hybrids are crap.
A Mercedes 520d and Prius ran the same 500 mile course into Switzerland. Result: 520d - 50mpg, Prius - 48 mpg. An efficient gasoline car will do you better in the long run. It may not get the mileage of a hybrid, but in 8-10 years, the gasoline car has residual value, and what of the hybrid? Would you buy an 8 year old car that needs a new $8000 battery pack?

Forget hybrids, think diesel.
Posted on: 2008/4/28 14:24

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 04.28.08
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

High of 43 today. I wanna have a nice, long chat with Al Gore.
Posted on: 2008/4/28 14:38

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

bastet44 Re: Monday Chat 04.28.08
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Good morning!

We had one hell of a hot weekend here, and another fire burning in the hills above Pasadena. It looks like we're getting an early start to fire season.

I read about that guy in Austria - he is wack.
Posted on: 2008/4/28 15:28

bastet44 Re: Monday Chat 04.28.08
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Word of the Day for Monday, April 28, 2008

maelstrom \MAYL-struhm\, noun:

1. A large, powerful, or destructive whirlpool.
2. Something resembling a maelstrom; a violent, disordered, or turbulent state of affairs.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/maelstrom?r=10
Posted on: 2008/4/28 15:33

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 04.28.08
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:
Word of the Day for Monday, April 28, 2008

maelstrom \MAYL-struhm\, noun:

1. A large, powerful, or destructive whirlpool.
2. Something resembling a maelstrom; a violent, disordered, or turbulent state of affairs.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/maelstrom?r=10

My friend's wife is a femaelstrom.
Posted on: 2008/4/28 16:20

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

JrRifleCoach Re: Monday Chat 04.28.08
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Matatk, Ya gotta find something better than that to start a day orYOUR FIRED!

Anyways, for those that might be wondering. Calif is already in crisis mode with the lack (absence) of Spring rains. Fire season is upon us already which is one full month early.

Talk is that CalFire may suspend all ground fires for the year. That means no camp or pit fires for you flatlanders looking to get away from your festering overcrowded cities.

The upside is that with the price of transportation going up most summer vacationers will have to stay home to protect their refrigerators and food supplies.

Me thinks its going to be a long summer.
Posted on: 2008/4/28 16:22

RollaMo-LT4 Re: Monday Chat 04.28.08
Trivia Winner
Rolla, Missouri
422 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:

Anyways, for those that might be wondering. Calif is already in crisis mode with the lack (absence) of Spring rains. Fire season is upon us already which is one full month early.

So that's why the Midwest is getting soaked every few days.
The clouds are holding it in until it gets here.

Here in southern Missouri, we are already 12 inches over on rainfall for the year.

I bought a new Harley on Saturday, and now it's turned off cold and more rain. Ok, back to work.
Posted on: 2008/4/28 17:35

bmwgsa Re: Monday Chat 04.28.08
Guru
Earth
735 Posts

Quote:

RollaMo-LT4 wrote:

I bought a new Harley on Saturday, and now it's turned off cold and more rain. Ok, back to work.

You should of got a BMW - they're not afraid of rain and cold (j/k)...

Oh well - the first workday after the big managers meeting - and of course I got my "has to be done 5 min ago" list...

Luckily the bosses are taking off for a few days, so I stand a chance of getting some stuff off the list....

Back to the grind.......
Posted on: 2008/4/28 18:00

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:
Me thinks its going to be a long summer.

Me thinks it's going to be a long HOT summer.

This is the official Tommy T-Bone Florida hurricane forecast for season 2008. There will be 6 direct hurricane threats to Florida of which 2 will make landfall in the state.
Posted on: 2008/4/28 18:33

JrRifleCoach Re: Monday Chat 04.28.08
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
This is the official Tommy T-Bone Florida hurricane forecast for season 2008. There will be 6 direct hurricane threats to Florida of which 2 will make landfall in the state.

Wheres the TTBFHF website?
Posted on: 2008/4/28 18:56

smooth Re: Monday Chat 04.28.08
Senior Guru
Formerly "Aquavet" in Pa.
386 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Wheres the TTBFHF website?

Yea ! I'm gonna need to follow up! Whats the last 2 weeks of August lookin' like Tommy? i'm trying to get down there for some r&r then. I don't know exactly where just yet....We were on Marathon when Katrina hit. The kids loved it. They got to surf the storm surge. I'm not up for that again, so, keep us posted.

My oldest son's High School Jazz Band won there competition for the season. They came in on top of 200 other bands in Pa and NJ. When they announced the winners, you'd have thought you were at a Football game. The kids were Loud and Proud. We support his music because he enjoy's it. Not stage parents like that little dancing 1st grader has. as cute as she is there is a dark side to that. I hope she gets to play sometime and be a kid.

see you guys...
Posted on: 2008/4/28 21:19

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I just worked about 30 minutes on a post and the site must have timed me out. It was friggin glorious . It was one of my finest accomplishments yet. Next thing I know I have to log back in. All that work went into the cyber abyss.

AAAAAaaaHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! $%$%^%^^@@@^$@#$$!!!!!!

Hurricanes in August are a hit or miss situation. Andrew hit in August. Just have a back up plan and watch the Carribean for at least a few days before you decide to come down. Are you flying? Consider trip insurance. There is nothing quite like the thrill of a hurricane.
Posted on: 2008/4/28 21:39
Edited by TommyT-Bone on 2008/4/28 23:58:25

polish41 Re: Monday Chat 04.28.08
Guru Newb
Watertown.SD
50 Posts

Had a wonderful weekend. 19" of snow. This morning we broke a temperature record of fifty seven years. 19 degrees this AM. Did someone say global warming?
Posted on: 2008/4/28 23:58

smooth Re: Monday Chat 04.28.08
Senior Guru
Formerly "Aquavet" in Pa.
386 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I just worked about 30 minutes on a post and the site must have timed me out. It was friggin glorious . It was one of my finest accomplishments yet. Next thing I know I have to log back in. All that work went into the cyber abyss.

AAAAAaaaHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! $%$%^%^^@@@^$@#$$!!!!!!

Hurricanes in August are a hit or miss situation. Andrew hit in August. Just have a back up plan and watch the Carribean for at least a few days before you decide to come down. Are you flying? Consider trip insurance. There is nothing quite like the thrill of a hurricane.

HeHe, the web site does funny things sometimes...

We fly south pretty much the last week in Aug every year . Our Anniversary ( 23 this year) is the 24th or 25th of Aug (Oh Sh*t, I'm dead!.....j/k, its the 24th) I like to be as far south as I can get. I love to cast in a line in off the beach. And, the further south the prettier the fish. But, on several occasions we've ended up driving to North Central due to impending Hurricaines and hit the Kissemme tourist traps.
Posted on: 2008/4/29 0:21

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 04.28.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
I watched a PBS NOVA episode about future cars. Had Click and Clack, or whoever those radio guys are. I gotta say, those two are annoying as hell...

Really? I think they are funny. Oh well.

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

My friend's wife is a femaelstrom.

What's wrong? Your wife reads your posts so you couldn't write what you really wanted???

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:
Matatk, Ya gotta find something better than that to start a day orYOUR FIRED!

LOL. Actually, I work midnights, so when you see me on here at 8 am I'm actually at home. Same with my weird days off. I'll be off Thursday and Friday this week, so I log on various times of the day.

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/4/29 1:06

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.