Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
262 user(s) are online (223 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Z16
Also known as the Grand Sport.

A one year special. 1000 were made to honor both the end of the C4 and the original racers, called Grand Sports, fr...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

NC Kid This is a big part of why cops get a bad name with the public.
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/4-cops-t ... ting/20080519163109990002

The few bad apples ruin it for everyone. 19 involved though? Unreal. I would like to hear from someone with law enforcment backgrounds comment that is a member here.
Posted on: 2008/5/20 0:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

xccter Re: This is a big part of why cops get a bad name with the public.
Senior Guru
Downtown Annapolis, MD
461 Posts

Ramsey was a great Chief of Police in DC. Sad to see him go.

Looks like he's got his hands full with this. Hope it doesn't cost him his job.

The Pack mentality took over for sure.
Posted on: 2008/5/20 1:13
NCRS #48337

TommyT-Bone Re: This is a big part of why cops get a bad name with the public.
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

There must be resisting arrest somewhere (like fleeing)that's not shown in that video. And I believe somebody in the takedown vehicle must have uttered something about somebodies mother.
Posted on: 2008/5/20 1:19

Klaus Re: This is a big part of why cops get a bad name with the public.
Guru
Atlanta, GA
129 Posts

911 operators don't help either. This story was on the CBS News TV show 60 Minutes this past Sunday:

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?s=8312600
Posted on: 2008/5/20 3:08

2008 Machine Silver Coupe
LS3 / Z51 / A6 / NPP

red_johnny Re: This is a big part of why cops get a bad name with the public.
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

In this case sounds like those punks got what they deserved. They should still have more coming. Why dont they go into more of the story about who they killed? We need some wild west style cops sometimes.
Posted on: 2008/5/20 4:09

Shadow Re: This is a big part of why cops get a bad name with the public.
Senior Guru
271 Posts

Quote:

red_johnny wrote:
In this case sounds like those punks got what they deserved. They should still have more coming. Why dont they go into more of the story about who they killed? We need some wild west style cops sometimes.

Can't agree with that at all.

We need cops that arent' afraid to take a risk on occasion. I'm not talking about phsical risk, I'm talking about going out on the edge to get the job done.

Renegades, rogues, pack mentality officers? We don't need them and there's no place for them.

As one mentioned, the "pack mentality" took over. I don't care what they did, or who they did it to, unless they threaten YOU, your job is to apprehend and convict, not be judge and executioner.

This will be interesting in the long run. If the chief does the right thing, his job will be safe.
Posted on: 2008/5/20 11:11

The CF Artist fka: STREETKNIGHT..R.I.P.

www.CorvetteFlorida.com

www.CorvetteInternational.com

movnviolation Re: This is a big part of why cops get a bad name with the public.
Guru Newb
Hesperia, Calif
188 Posts

31 yrs. So. Calif. law enforcement (retired) here. Have been there, done that. Seen it all. What we saw on the video is wrong, saw then same thing with Rodney King and others. Is it right? No! These guys especially in the big cities see the flagrant disreguard for public safety and absolutely no remorse day in and day out. It takes its toll on all cops. You can't help but become hard.
When you deal with the dredge of the earth and see little kids shot, beaten, raped, etc., you look at some of these people and think they serve no purpose and never will. The laws protect their rights, but not yours. Not everyone has to see a 4 month old baby that has been shot in the back of the head and the mother laying 10 ft. away shot in the head also. The boyfriend says " I give up, I got rights"!
I am sure everyone in the video has been through it all also many time over.
We have lost our streets to scum and bangers. Decent people have to keep their kids out of parks and Walmart stores.
The only answer is open season.
There are a lot of good people and kids out there only cops don't get to deal with them much.
Again do I think it justified to react like that? No! Do I understand snaping like that? Yes! Do I miss it? Hell no!
Sorry for the rant, but someone asked!
Posted on: 2008/5/20 11:23

runner140 Re: This is a big part of why cops get a bad name with the public.
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

"It was self defense", your honor.
Posted on: 2008/5/20 11:44

red_johnny Re: This is a big part of why cops get a bad name with the public.
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Quote:

movnviolation wrote:
31 yrs. So. Calif. law enforcement (retired) here. Have been there, done that. Seen it all. What we saw on the video is wrong, saw then same thing with Rodney King and others. Is it right? No! These guys especially in the big cities see the flagrant disreguard for public safety and absolutely no remorse day in and day out. It takes its toll on all cops. You can't help but become hard.
When you deal with the dredge of the earth and see little kids shot, beaten, raped, etc., you look at some of these people and think they serve no purpose and never will. The laws protect their rights, but not yours. Not everyone has to see a 4 month old baby that has been shot in the back of the head and the mother laying 10 ft. away shot in the head also. The boyfriend says " I give up, I got rights"!
We have lost our streets to scum and bangers. Decent people have to keep their kids out of parks and Walmart stores.
There are a lot of good people and kids out there only cops don't get to deal with them much.
Again do I think it justified to react like that? No! Do I understand snaping like that? Yes! Do I miss it? Hell no!
EXACTLY, I think there needs to be a system in place to take the streets back. Again I say, We need some wild west style cops sometimes.
Posted on: 2008/5/20 12:13

RollaMo-LT4 Re: This is a big part of why cops get a bad name with the public.
Trivia Winner
Rolla, Missouri
422 Posts

Quote:

movnviolation wrote:

No apologies needed there. That has got to be one of the toughest jobs out there.
Posted on: 2008/5/20 13:51

NC Kid Re: This is a big part of why cops get a bad name with the public.
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

This is getting interesting. All we need is case to jump in with some beer.
Posted on: 2008/5/20 14:23

Matatk Re: This is a big part of why cops get a bad name with the public.
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

movnviolation wrote:

Movn pretty much summed it up. Although police officers deal with crap on a daily basis, it doesn't excuse their actions. And as far as cleaning up the streets? I wish it were that easy. There are so many scumbags out there waiting to sue you for everything you do, it's important to follow the law and respect everyone's rights - even if you don't like it.

That being said, I feel bad for the officers involved, and wish them luck for the future.

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/5/20 21:01

bizaro Re: This is a big part of why cops get a bad name with the public.
Guru Newb
wisconsin
44 Posts

We had to set an example. I don't see a problem here. Don't shoot our officers mofo's
Posted on: 2008/5/20 23:11

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.