Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
294 user(s) are online (255 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ASR
Automatic Slip Regulation; ie traction control.

Standard on all C4s starting in 1992....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 11.19.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, should be a few degrees warmer today, so that's a plus. Still not spring yet, so I'm not happy. Come see me in March.

Is this week over yet? Hmmmm...only five more days to go. Awesome. That and I dropped a big jar of vaseline (for the baby's diapers) on my foot this morning. That felt great. Oh well.

Reading the news this morning, came across this. Article is ridiculous.

Quote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081119/ap_on_re_us/girl_shot

Dad accused of killing daughter while cleaning gun
Wed Nov 19, 12:41 am ET

MARYSVILLE, Wash. – A father arrested after his 6-year-old daughter was fatally shot in their Washington state home allegedly told authorities he had been drinking double shots of vodka while cleaning his guns.

Court papers say Richard Peters told detectives he had asked his daughter, Stormy, to bring him the .45-caliber handgun Sunday. He said he must have pulled the trigger, and the girl fell to the floor. She was pronounced dead Monday.

Bail for Peters, 42, was set Monday at $250,000. He has been arrested for investigation of first-degree manslaughter.

His attorney, Annika Carlsten, requested that Peters be released from jail, The Herald newspaper of Everett reported. She argued that Peters isn't a flight risk, or a danger to himself or the community.

"It's obviously a tragedy for all involved and my primary concern is for my client and his family," Carlsten told The Associated Press on Tuesday night, declining to discuss any specifics.

The Snohomish County sheriff's office said two other children were removed from the home by Child Protective Services.

Sorry for the sad story, but hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/11/19 12:24

kelley Re: Wednesday Chat 11.19.08
Guru Newb
thomasville ga
122 Posts

28 here, not supposed to be that way this far south,, the story is a sad one ,but you can`t drink and do other stuff(drive use guns) its to dangerous,plus the stupid gene rises to the top..
Posted on: 2008/11/19 12:43
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

crash Re: Wednesday Chat 11.19.08
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

WOW THAT IS JUST PLAIN STUPID ON HIS PART I HOPE IT WAS REALLY AN ACCIDENT IM WITH YOU MATT AND HOPE SPRING HURRIES UP AND GETS HERE NOTHING EXCITING GOING ON DOWN HERE HAVE A GOOD DAY GALS AND GUYS
Posted on: 2008/11/19 12:44

red_johnny Re: Wednesday Chat 11.19.08
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Not warmer for us here. Its getting colder every day through the weekend! I have a FTX that I will be in during this really cold time too. I guess I will be bringing my space heater...
Posted on: 2008/11/19 13:02

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 11.19.08
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

It still, at this point, appears to be an accident. A terribly sad accident. Let's change the scenario a little. A man was working on his car in the garage. He admits he was having a few beers while he was working on it. He closes his hood and backs it out to take it for a test drive accidently running over his daughter playing in the driveway. The words gun, drinking and child all make for a bad combination as well as car, drinking and child. Basically, it all boils down to drinking and doing anything around small children don't mix.

Cool day in SoFlo. I want to go out and wash the cars but I want to wait till it comes out of the 40s. This is one of the days I would use the newly installed heater core.

We are going to a funeral later today for the young man who was killed in a bicycling accident in Davie, Florida on Monday. He went for a pre-dawn ride and was struck by a motorist. Just as life is all around us so is the inevidability of death. Live today well. Each day a new beginning.
Posted on: 2008/11/19 13:09

Notorious Re: Wednesday Chat 11.19.08
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Tragic story. He'll have to live with that for the rest of his life. That'll be worse than any punishment he'll receive. It's hard to feel sorry for anyone so stupid and careless though.

Record low daytime high temperatures are being set in some areas around here, yippie! :ace: Projected high today, 47, ecch! And next week I'm traveling north where it'll likely be colder yet. The good news is I can stay inside and play with the granddaughters all day. They love their grandpa because he's just another kid like them! I might have to get old, but I don't have to grow up....
Posted on: 2008/11/19 14:08

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 11.19.08
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Notorious wrote: yippie :ace:

I'll bet you were. Have fun with the grandkids. I don't have any yet.

A Grandpa song.

Posted on: 2008/11/19 14:28

Schrade Re: Wednesday Chat 11.19.08
Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

Gotta' find some vacuum leaks in the house today (storm windows ain't seated well, and you could surely feel the air movin' if you were sittin' still.

Got some foam pipe sleeve on the hot water line, and the hot water is HOT RIGHT AWAY now. Amazin'; but if you think about it, the hot line is like a cooling fin into the water heater.

Quote:

red_johnny wrote:
Not warmer for us here. Its getting colder every day through the weekend! I have a FTX that I will be in during this really cold time too. I guess I will be bringing my space heater...

You at Benning? Pops was there mid '60's preppin' for SE Asia, I was 4 or 5, listenin' to the 130's swarmin' like flies, and scourin' the fields for C-rations canned cookies FTX leftovers uh HUH. Resized Image
Posted on: 2008/11/19 14:30

Resized Image

Notorious Re: Wednesday Chat 11.19.08
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

A Grandpa song.

I've got an old version of that song on a 78 RPM record.
Posted on: 2008/11/19 14:45

BillH Re: Wednesday Chat 11.19.08
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Well, just to be a dick, 70 degrees yesterday, 67 today, and 3 out of 10 ski slopes are open. So I can drive 15 minutes uphill and go snow sking of 15 minutes downhill and take the top off.

I really feel sorry for that little girl. That fool has to live with it for the rest of his life but that's not enough.
Posted on: 2008/11/19 14:47

Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

Just hear a good one on the radio (which for us all, means it's a good day)...

...IF, you have to move, when the lawnmower is comin' toward you!
Posted on: 2008/11/19 14:48

Resized Image

red_johnny Re: Wednesday Chat 11.19.08
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Quote:

Blade_1 wrote:
Gotta' find some vacuum leaks in the house today (storm windows ain't seated well, and you could surely feel the air movin' if you were sittin' still.

Got some foam pipe sleeve on the hot water line, and the hot water is HOT RIGHT AWAY now. Amazin'; but if you think about it, the hot line is like a cooling fin into the water heater.

Quote:

red_johnny wrote:

You at Benning? Pops was there mid '60's preppin' for SE Asia, I was 4 or 5, listenin' to the 130's swarmin' like flies, and scourin' the fields for C-rations canned cookies FTX leftovers uh HUH. Resized Image
Nah, at Gordon. Freakin cold here. Not used to that. I perfer the heat over the cold.
Posted on: 2008/11/19 15:17

CSS996 Re: Wednesday Chat 11.19.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

Picked up my laptop at FedEx last night. Pretty gosh-darn cool! Haven't figured all the new stuff out yet. I could spout a bunch of Mac jargon at you, but it would probably be boring to most, and annoying to others. So I'll leave it at that.

It is a neat machine though. The case is a solid piece of CNC machined aluminum, so it is pretty much all one piece. Very light and very rigid.

Well, gotta go mine salt...

Have a great day, everybody!
Posted on: 2008/11/19 15:50

wesmigletz Re: Wednesday Chat 11.19.08
Senior Guru
Land of Fruits and Nuts
325 Posts

The weather should be mid 70s, I'd rather it were in the low 80s, because it gets a bit nippy at night (Then again, it could just be my wife...). Not much I can about it, aside from putting some miles on the C1 and do my part to contribute to global warming.

I got the pulley alingment issue resolved on the Edelbrock water pump last night. Took a combination of mixed-generation pulleys, an assortment of washers, and prodigious alternator adjustment. I'm not happy about having to do the extra work, and I would have been screwed if I didn't have a garage of pulleys and brackets to rifle through.

Set the timing last night. Gonna break-out the tach and dwell, and the vac gauge, and set the mixture screws tonight. Then it's off for the new engine's maiden voyage.

As it is, the idle is fairly smooth with just a slight hint of lope. Looking forward to testing it out tonight.
Posted on: 2008/11/19 16:07

patgizz Re: Wednesday Chat 11.19.08
Senior Guru
Medina, OH
228 Posts

my corvette is covered with snow, i need to get the stuff taken care of that is in the way of putting it inside for winter fun consisting of new intake, new gaskets everywhere, air pump delete, and c5 brakes.
Posted on: 2008/11/19 19:00

Lichen Re: Wednesday Chat 11.19.08
Guru
Scottsdale, Arizona
166 Posts

A record high of 87 yesterday, 88 today. I'll be driving home with the top down. Ha-Ha.
Posted on: 2008/11/19 19:58

87vette Re: Wednesday Chat 11.19.08
Guru Newb
25 Posts

82 in houston tx cruising targa topless today perfect corvette weather!!!!!!!!!!1
Posted on: 2008/11/19 20:32

patgizz Re: Wednesday Chat 11.19.08
Senior Guru
Medina, OH
228 Posts

you two suck
Posted on: 2008/11/19 23:57

Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

Yes a great day.

Just got back from a trip to Dulles.

12 hours in the car, you're tired, ready to park, you get out, and you're not tired anymore, you're WIRED UGH...
Posted on: 2008/11/20 5:44

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.