Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
218 user(s) are online (190 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C1
Abbreviation for the 1st generation of Corvettes built from 1953-1962....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 03.29.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

How was everyone's Saturday night? Mine involved a good night's sleep, so that is always nice

I sold some more junk I had laying around on craigslist last night. I love that place. I decided to do some spring cleaning last week and get rid of stuff I'm not using. Sold some weights, workout dvds, two safes. Not too bad. My wife says it's time to clean more of the house...lol.

What's everyone doing the rest of their lazy Sunday?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/3/29 11:25

crash Re: Sunday Chat 03.29.09
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

good morning matt. not much on the schedule for today. go to church. come home and have something to eat. read the paper and goof off. we got a inch of snow last nite but the streets are clear. well have a good day gurus.
Posted on: 2009/3/29 11:42

BillH Re: Sunday Chat 03.29.09
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Well, I know for sure that spring's here. Yesterday morning I saw a motorcycle heading up the hill with skis and ski boots strapped on the luggage rack. Guess he's going to ski in the morning and cruise in the afternoon.

Demoed a half wall at the top of my staircase yesterday, off to HD to but oak railing and balisters today.
Posted on: 2009/3/29 12:52

Durango_Boy Re: Sunday Chat 03.29.09
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
2583 Posts

I'll be driving home from my weekend away in a few hours. Glad it's sunny and not snowing.
Posted on: 2009/3/29 13:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 03.29.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Sunday.... A day of rest for me today. Might do some light shopping at the pawn shop for some cd's and dvd's. I usually get them cheap there. Dinner is already made (leftovers).
Posted on: 2009/3/29 14:29

patgizz Re: Sunday Chat 03.29.09
Senior Guru
Medina, OH
228 Posts

in between internets right now.

nothing at the new house till this week, so my computer is still set up at my parents place. the garage is partially moved.

living room is halfway painted, the ceiling is done and the walls are primed, my dad is painting them tomorrow. new front and back doors done - hooray for fiberglass doors and low E glass. ripped the green shag carpet out of the office to reveal some very nice wood flooring that just needs cleaned with murphy's.

plan to move the old truck tomorrow or tuesday and as soon as i'm sure we're not going to get anymore snow the belair and the vette can move too. i'm itching to get the superram and c6 brakes done, new door put on, and polish the acrylic top.
Posted on: 2009/3/29 14:53

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 03.29.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Looks like a reasonably nice day on tap here before the bottom falls out. I'm going to take the Vette out for a nice romp.

Matt, you reminded me I have a few Vette-related odds and ends I keep meaning to put up for sale - gotta get on that.
Posted on: 2009/3/29 15:17

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

CSS996 Re: Sunday Chat 03.29.09
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

I'll probly go hang out with a buddy today. Maybe pull out the bass gweetar and jam a little.

I talked to my wife about my mom's vehicle situation again. My wife changed her mind about wanting the Saab for herself.

We are going to see about getting a loan for my mom's car. My wife and I would like to be able to provide my daughter with a more reliable vehicle with AWD for college. She will have to drive over a gnarly mountain pass to get to school. My wife's current car is exactly that, and it would make us quite proud to be able to give our daughter my wife's car to get to school and back. I believe it is a six hour journey.

Oddly enough, I am probably going to be producing TV commercials for the local Saab dealership, so maybe I can get some sweet hook-ups. And I just got word yesterday that our tax return is going to be a little over three grand, so that will help me get the vehicle here and registered.

I'm not sure how hard loans are to come by these days, but if everything works out, I get to keep my Vette, my daughter has an awesome vehicle to get to school, and my wife will have the Saab. Her commute is 3 miles a day, so we can keep the miles low, and sell it off if she doesn't like it.

I know you guys hate the car, and I really do appreciate the advice you gave me. I decided not to give up the Vette for the Saab with the help of your advice. But the situation changed a little, and we all feel good about this new scenrio. I just hope the Saab won't be a total shitbox. If it is, you guys can TOTALLY say "I told you so!"
Posted on: 2009/3/29 15:18

captmike13 Re: Sunday Chat 03.29.09
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2166 Posts

Morning gurus. Partly sunny here in the PNW and temps in the low 50's. Good day to watch some racing and the tournament today to see who's in the final four. May get the vette washed too.

Mike.
Posted on: 2009/3/29 16:36

captmike13@yahoo.com

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 03.29.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Scored some good deals at the pawn shop. Bought 44 dvd's $2.50 ea. 9 cd's for $3.00 ea. and a nice light/medium action ugly stick fishing rod with a Diawa reel in like new condition for $25. I have plenty of stuff to fill up my time. Now ........ To find some free time.

Resized Image
Posted on: 2009/3/29 17:44

Sweet90 Re: Sunday Chat 03.29.09
Elite Guru
Edmonton, Alberta
1143 Posts

Well I started the Vette today and went for a cruise up and down my drive way about ten times. Lucky me

Jim
Posted on: 2009/3/29 19:41

red_johnny Re: Sunday Chat 03.29.09
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Got my arcade together and apart. Had to take out a rotating light (siren light) cause the bulb is blown. Going to fix that as soon as I get a security bit set...what happened to mine? Good question, it WAS here before the drywall guys came over and now its not here. HMMMMM....I wonder what happened to it. We are calling their boss tomorrow but I am not ready to accuse them of theft yet, just because I lose stuff too often. This is not something that is easily misplaced. Big red case the size of a large external hard drive. Not in any of my usual or unusual places. Searched upstairs, my sheds, all rooms in the house to find nothing. Anyway, lowes dont carry them so I will have to search tomorrow.
Posted on: 2009/3/29 21:35

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 03.29.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Sucks about the tools, John. My tools are all over, but I try to keep them centrally located in the garage. But I know where every single one is and what is there/missing.

I'm ready to work out and then enjoy my days off!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/3/29 22:04

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Sucks about the tools, John. My tools are all over, but I try to keep them centrally located in the garage. But I know where every single one is and what is there/missing.

I'm ready to work out and then enjoy my days off!

Matthew
I am pretty much the say way about knowing when one is missing. Even if it is missing I usually know where it was last seen. I also usually stop work until I find that missing tool too (call me crazy). I search for 1 full hour till I gave up the search.
Posted on: 2009/3/29 23:02

CentralCoaster Re: Sunday Chat 03.29.09
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I usually ask myself why would anyone take such a thing before stealing something else more valuable or useful.

I thought I was crazy thinking someone stole my benchgrinder after a kegger party at my last place. But I wasn't wrong, I found it in the bushes in the front of the property a day later. Somebody decided at the last second to toss it rather than hang on to it.
Posted on: 2009/3/29 23:27

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
I usually ask myself why would anyone take such a thing before stealing something else more valuable or useful.

I thought I was crazy thinking someone stole my benchgrinder after a kegger party at my last place. But I wasn't wrong, I found it in the bushes in the front of the property a day later. Somebody decided at the last second to toss it rather than hang on to it.
At worst I think they accidently took it. Either that or its in the black hole some where still in the dark corners of my house.
Posted on: 2009/3/30 0:36

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.