Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
263 user(s) are online (208 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Monday Chat 02.15.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

So how was Valentine's Day for everyone? Hopefully enjoyable (except for Tommy, of course, who couldn't get through a meal w/o arguing with his wife....hang in there, Tommy). The wife and I went to see a movie called Extraordinary Measures. Now, I am not usually a fan of chick flick movies, but this was very good. It has Brendan Fraser and Harrison Ford in it. It's about a guy whose kids are dying of an incurable disease and he finds some genius scientist to try to find a cure. Very moving. If it were 5 years ago, I wouldn't have liked this movie. But once you have kids, it seems to change you towards stuff like this. I recommend renting it.

Other than that I had the opportunity to meet Joe (flyboy) yesterday. I had some parts he was interested in for a new project and he stopped by. We had a short little chat about cars and women and whatnot, and it was very enjoyable.

After the movie last night, I was alone at home so I got a chance to get dirty. That's right, I went in to the garage and started porting (not the kind of dirty Tommy was thinking about). When you start a porting project it's pretty intimidating at first, but you pick up quickly. I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next project.

Long chat for today, so I hope you didn't get bored reading all of that.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/2/15 12:46

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 02.15.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33763 Posts

I never really look for trouble. Trouble always seems to find me. Every day is an adventure. My wife took off yesterday to visit Nana, her Mom and Dad, sister, neices, great neices etc. I stayed at home and wished I never turned on the Daytona 500. Although I did stuff during the red flag period and I missed the first half of the race. That was one long drawn out mess. Couldn't get too motivated and really wanted a day of rest. Had a nice two hour nap. Today, I'm getting ready to get back into the groove. Never a shortage of things to do around here. I just need some of young Matts' and teebees' energy. Have a pleasant day. Take in your surroundings.
Posted on: 2010/2/15 13:19
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

flyboy Re: Monday Chat 02.15.10
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

Yesterday was like meeting a penpal. Matt, those valves are sweet.
Posted on: 2010/2/15 13:53

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 02.15.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

A Guru mini-meetup - cool!

Pretty quiet day around the homestead yesterday, caught up on a few small chores. Had a nice surprise when a delivery guy showed up with a big package of cookies - my wife ordered them for me and the boys. I guess she can have some, too.

Have a great day, all!
Posted on: 2010/2/15 14:00

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Vetron87 Re: Monday Chat 02.15.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Sunny today, no school Presidents Day. Head over to my daughters house and replace her tread and risers on her steps with new red oak bull nose treads. Hopefully this project should'nt take long, would like to work on the 87 this afternoon. Have a great day Guru's
Posted on: 2010/2/15 14:30

biggrizzly Re: Monday Chat 02.15.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Its a nice sunny morning here today. I tried to sleep in but the dog wouldn't let that happen. I'm not sure what I'll get into today, but the house and garage are both a mess and I might just stay in and tackle the clutter. I'm good at surfing the web and day-dreaming about what I want to do to the car and garage, so that might take up some of my time too.

Hope you all have a good day.
Posted on: 2010/2/15 14:42

BrianCunningham Re: Monday Chat 02.15.10
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Great club meeting last night.

They had the end of the Nascar race on

give last months minutes

Green flag, watch the race.

Caution, new business

Green flag, watch the race.

Caution, next item

etc
Posted on: 2010/2/15 14:58

teebee Re: Monday Chat 02.15.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12371 Posts

Morning guys. I went back to my daughters last night and finished up all I could do. Worked until 12:30am. This morning I loaded up everything and am now ready to head west. The wife wants to do some shopping before we head back.

This coming weekend (Thursday night actually) we head back here to KC. I have the Woodworking show to attend here, Friday & Saturday. Hopefully we will not have to work on the remodel project, they should be ready for carpet this week. The only thing left is to track down an electrical issue but I think they can do that. I am hoping that my portion of this project is complete. We will head home then on Sunday.

The next weekend we head back again to KC (third weekend in a row. But this time it will be for the arrival of #9 grandchild. The daughter whose house we have been remodeling is scheduled for a C-section on March 1 (thus the reason that we have been working so hard to get the remodel done). I'll be ready for spring break.

I didn't get to watch the race at all, must not have been too exciting. The weather here has been coooooooold. Snowed pretty good yesterday, enough to cause driving problems. Just on I435 where we get on/off for the daughters they had a 40 car pileup because they are idiots around here. Haven't heard if anyone was seriously injured, but it shutdown a section of the road for 6 hours.

Well, got to head out for home....6 hours at minimum. Talk to you guys later.
Posted on: 2010/2/15 15:51

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

CSS996 Re: Monday Chat 02.15.10
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Morning Gurus!

I'm taking it easy today. Have been since Friday. It's been nice. Hopefully all my Mustang parts will come in this week. I'd love for it to warm the heck up around here. Damn winter... The worst is yet to come. Feb and March are our worst months.

Went to the autocross on Saturday. The guy I was supposed to meet turned his phone off since he was participating, so I never got in touch with him, and did not get to ride with him. Froze my ass off for two hours.

Cold weather and recent parking lot repairs had a lot of cars swapping ends. Supercharged Cobalt SS hit the curb about 30 yards from where I was standing. Sounded awful, but he was back for more after a wheel change.

I was surprised how easy it is to spin a FWD car. All the kids were doing it.

A couple nice cars. C5Z, Viper, Elise. A few Evos, the obligatory Miata....

Some POS cars like a spray painted late 70's Camaro. 80 Civic hatch. But I'd take either one to have a dedicated track car.

I'll meet with the racer dude later this week. See what happens.
Posted on: 2010/2/15 17:55

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 02.15.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

flyboy wrote:
Yesterday was like meeting a penpal. Matt, those valves are sweet.

Yes it was! Weird to meet someone who already knows all about you....lol. Glad you like the valves.

Wifey and I went shopping today and she picked out a chaise lounge for the front room. She wants to keep the furniture minimal. We still have to get a small side table and lamp to make it a reading area. Should be nice when all done.

Photobucket
Posted on: 2010/2/15 19:39

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 02.15.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33763 Posts

Only one chaise? Hhhhmmmm. Nice place to read the FSM.
Posted on: 2010/2/15 20:00

bastet44 Re: Monday Chat 02.15.10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

I'm sick. Have been for the past few days. I don't like it.
Posted on: 2010/2/15 21:36

BillH Re: Monday Chat 02.15.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:

Hope you feel beter.

Fix yourself some Bull U Base (if I could spell it) or at least a Shrimp Pan Roast.
That usually fixes being sick.
Posted on: 2010/2/15 23:16

teebee Re: Monday Chat 02.15.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12371 Posts

Hey, we made it home finally. IT was still snowing off and on when we left and the roads were pretty crappy for the first hour or so (Topeka). Once we got west of Topeka we just had to fight the wind. Stopped in Salina to grab a quick bite and fill up, there was a brave soul out in his C6 coupe there at the cafe, I tipped my hat to him...I was wearing my Corvette hat and jacket. Stopped again about two hours later to p33. Then another two hours on home. I got the pickup unloaded of all the tools that I had taken with me. I really wanted to wash the truck, but it was getting dark and cooling off pretty dramatically by then, so I'll wait until tomorrow to rinse it off.

I'll be glad to get back to school tomorrow, I need a break.
Posted on: 2010/2/16 3:02

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:

Hope you feel better!

Quote:

teebee wrote:

I'll be glad to get back to school tomorrow, I need a break.

Just think, retirement is right around the corner....lol.
Posted on: 2010/2/16 14:42

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Only one chaise? Hhhhmmmm. Nice place to read the FSM.

Yes, just one. If I read the FSM in it, I can chaise down any electrical problems I'm having
Posted on: 2010/2/16 14:43

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.