Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
299 user(s) are online (247 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Bowling Green
Bowling Green, KY, is the location of the Corvette assembly plant since 1981. From 1954-1981, Corvettes were assembled in St Louis, MO.

The Natio...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Monday Chat 03.08.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, it rained here yesterday and I think a little today, but the temperature was a nice change in the positive direction. Radio said it will be in the 50s Tues/Weds! I am so excited for that. I really need to get cracking on my car. I keep debating on the edelbrock/gm manifold (like everything in my life) but I think I'm gonna invest some hours into porting the eddy base. I've already got it, why not. Problem is my wife keeps coming up with house projects for me. I think she's doing it on purpose....really. She is at the point she doesn't like my car anymore

I'll just try to enjoy the weather and keep a positive attitude

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/3/8 12:37

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 03.08.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Looks like we'll be melting some snow here, too - it was 38 already on the way to work, and they're talking about 50 tomorrow. It'll be nice to get rid of all the snirt - this is my least-favorite part of the year, ugly out there.

Heard this story on the radio this morning - LMAO:

http://keysnews.com/node/21349
Posted on: 2010/3/8 13:15

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

biggrizzly Re: Monday Chat 03.08.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Mornin'
Weatherman says we could hit 60 today!!!
Today at work, I have some audio narrations to do this morning if the talent gets here in time. Perhaps, then I'm going to bail out early and enjoy the weather a bit!!

Matt-
Ahhh! The jealous wife synddrome. Mine used to be jealous of my car but has given up. She now just calls her the "bitch".

Don't know how long you have been married, but it took a long time for my wife to learn that the more she naggs me about a project the less likely it will get done quickly. I like doing stuff around the house for her if it makes sense and its within our means and I have the time to do it. But I like to do things at my own pace and in my own frame of reference.

So with that said ... carry on and enjoy the weather and keep a positive attitude!
Posted on: 2010/3/8 13:28

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 03.08.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

GOOD EVENING GURUS !!!

It's a bright and sunny day here in South Florida with pleasant temperatures. You can do all your favorite things or a couple of your not so favorite. I am really enjoying the fact that I can pick and choose what I do on a daily basis. Yesterday I got nothing accomplished like many of us. Today I'm mustering the motivation to do a few chores.The sooner I get things done the sooner I can spend my time playing around. Matt, the reason your catching so much crap is that you have some big projects in the works right now. Once you get it scaled back to routine maintenance and detailing you'll be off the hook and have more time to work the honey-do list. Sounds like it's time for a nice kitchen table discussion with your sweetheart. Marriage is a project that requires time and effort too. If it gets to be too much you'll have to get rid of the ...................(insert choice here)............

( The opinions expressed are opinions of the writer and in no way constitute good advice. If you have a personal problem seek professional councelling)
Posted on: 2010/3/8 13:33

BillH Re: Monday Chat 03.08.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

What's a honey-do list?

For me, I'm giving some serious thought to starting my 2008 spring cleaning. Serious thought er, I did think about it er, I put it on the list.
Now, if I could just find that damn list.

T-Bone Quote:
"I am really enjoying the fact that I can pick and choose what I do on a daily basis."

Hell Ya !!!!
Posted on: 2010/3/8 15:23

teebee Re: Monday Chat 03.08.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

After nearly 35 years, my wife and I pretty much understand each other. I'm good at getting done the things that she wants done and whatever else I need to do. The one who is hard to get along with for me is ME. I have all these cabinet jobs lined up and I tend to work at them instead of doing things I want to do (the Corvette, etc).

I hope to break that cycle soon. Once retired, I hope that I can set hours for myself and stick to them.
Posted on: 2010/3/8 19:19

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

biggrizzly Re: Monday Chat 03.08.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
After nearly 35 years, my wife and I pretty much understand each other. I'm good at getting done the things that she wants done and whatever else I need to do. The one who is hard to get along with for me is ME. I have all these cabinet jobs lined up and I tend to work at them instead of doing things I want to do (the Corvette, etc).

I hope to break that cycle soon. Once retired, I hope that I can set hours for myself and stick to them.

I was gonna say Tom, seems like you are on everyone's Honey-Do list. You need to take some time for Tom before there is no more time to take. Just sayin'
Posted on: 2010/3/8 19:26

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Quote:

teebee wrote:

I was gonna say Tom, seems like you are on everyone's Honey-Do list. You need to take some time for Tom before there is no more time to take. Just sayin'

In order to get good at something it takes practice. Relax, say no, practice, practice, practice. Your heart and mind will thank you for it.
Posted on: 2010/3/8 20:12

teebee Re: Monday Chat 03.08.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Don, you are right...I have a tough time saying "NO", I usually say "I'll work you." Then I don't have time for me. That has to change. I just told a guy about an hour ago I could probably have time to do a little job for him around the "end of April", instead of the "end of next week".

But guys, I've done this my whole life, I don't know how to do it any other way. It's the only way I could afford to have the "extras" that I have had through the years.

Tom you're right, and I need to learn how to do that.

Thanks for the concern!
Posted on: 2010/3/8 20:13

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

You might just need a 12 step program. Workaholics Anonymous. First you'll need to get a sponsor.
Posted on: 2010/3/8 20:18

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
I have a tough time saying "NO", I usually say "I'll work you." Then I don't have time for me. That has to change.

I had that problem for a long time, mostly with friends wanting me to fix their cars (for free of course).
Funny that when I needed something all they me gave was excuses. I stopped that when I put up a $75/hour labor rate sign in my garage.

So, how come you haven't loaded your entire shop into a U-Haul and come out here to build my kitchen cabinets????
Posted on: 2010/3/8 21:31

BrianCunningham Re: Monday Chat 03.08.10
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

up in the 60's today

prompted me to go out and try to get the mower going

http://www.corvette-guru.com/modules/ ... hp?topic_id=11282&forum=6
Posted on: 2010/3/8 21:36

Vetron87 Re: Monday Chat 03.08.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Don, you are right...I have a tough time saying "NO", I usually say "I'll work you." Then I don't have time for me. That has to change. I just told a guy about an hour ago I could probably have time to do a little job for him around the "end of April", instead of the "end of next week".

But guys, I've done this my whole life, I don't know how to do it any other way. It's the only way I could afford to have the "extras" that I have had through the years.

Tom you're right, and I need to learn how to do that.

Thanks for the concern!

I know exactly how you feel Tom. At school our wood shop builds everything the school needs. Its difficult to say NO when outside the school environment. I.E Sunday while washing the vette my neighbor with a 55 Ford hot rod pick up can't get the engine to idle without stalling. Stops by as if I have nothing to do!!almost expected. needle and seat were not shutting of the fuel flow when the bowl was full. 45 minutes later its running great.. did I mention he never said thank you. I have a bathroom remodel job coming up which will take time away from car projects plus my honey do list..I need to work on my attitude before I tackle the remodeling job Sat.
Posted on: 2010/3/8 23:47

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:

I.E Sunday while washing the vette my neighbor with a 55 Ford hot rod pick up can't get the engine to idle without stalling. Stops by as if I have nothing to do!!almost expected. needle and seat were not shutting of the fuel flow when the bowl was full. 45 minutes later its running great.. did I mention he never said thank you.

And he probably told his buddies how he got it fixed for free. Or even worse, the story will get turned into I fixed my 55 (happened to me a couple of times).

The bad part is the next time, if you say No, I have a project that needs worked on right now, then you're a prick.
At least that's the way the guys that never say thank you work.

My story: A friend had a Datsun 240Z, 4 speed. Someone gave him a 5 speed. He wanted me to help him swap. My first thought was "Help?", yea right. After the car was on stands, the first think he did was round off the heads on not one but two yoke bolts on the driveshaft. I kicked him out of the garage. Two hours later after fixing those bolts, I'm on a creeper with a 5 speed on my chest, phone rings, he wants to know "How's it coming along?"

5 years later, he's telling people about the time he swapped tranmissions in his Z.
Posted on: 2010/3/9 0:31

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I know exactly what you mean Bill. It's a good thing I'm around here with all my technical expertise or this place would just fall apart.
Posted on: 2010/3/9 1:22

vetteblondie Re: Monday Chat 03.08.10
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4654 Posts

So far so good, no snow here, but I'm not home either. Stress got me, ran away with a friend to Milton, Florida. Am staying at a friends (very NICELY equipped, hot tub having, 60-inch HD, blue ray equipped, ps3, 2300sf) house 30 minutes from the beach.....
Ahhhhhhhh...........
Posted on: 2010/3/9 4:24

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Livin_the_dream Re: Monday Chat 03.08.10
Senior Guru
robesonia , pa
516 Posts

I'm a sucker for a friend in need of help too.. although for me its kind of a pay it forward thing.. and I do enjoy it.. I learned or I should say am learning how short life is and how one breath could take all that away .. that was an eye opener so I try to take it all in stride and enjoy the time I'm given.. carpe diem !
Posted on: 2010/3/9 4:27

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I know exactly what you mean Bill. It's a good thing I'm around here with all my technical expertise or this place would just fall apart.

Of course it would.
Posted on: 2010/3/9 14:37

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.