Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
314 user(s) are online (256 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Callaway
A builder of special edition Corvettes.

Very valuable, some exceed 6-figures.

Most notable is the B2K, 1987-1991....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Monday Chat 03.22.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, I kept my promise to myself that I would start working on the car, and I did. Got one side of the SLP runners almost done last night. I'll get cracking on the other one today. Not too many plans in the mix other than that. I told the wife that it's my day to work on the cars. I have to do an oil change on both of our SUVs, as well, so it'll be a break for me from grinding and sanding.

Well, I can't say that I'm too pleased with the health care vote from last night. I'm not a political guy, I keep my opinions to myself, let things run their course. I just don't see this helping small business or lowering health care costs

Here is a decent article I saw:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/03/2 ... x.html?section=cnn_latest

Without getting into a pissing match, what are your thoughts?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/3/22 12:34

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 03.22.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I don't know what to make of the health care bill - I'm still trying to figure out how it helps my sons, who currently only have catastrophic coverage ($5K deductible), and when I have to start paying for it.

I spent the weekend in one of the bathrooms, putting up new cement board in the shower and starting to tile. Got the ceiling tiled yesterday, anyway - what a PITA! Hopefully the rest of it will go pretty fast.
Posted on: 2010/3/22 12:49

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

biggrizzly Re: Monday Chat 03.22.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning Gurus

Don't get me started.

Health Care Bill .... I'm still very concerned at the determination of the President to have this bill pass. John Q Public did not want this bill passed, yet all of our appointed congressional leaders allowed this to happen. It’s not so much the bill, but what passing something that so many people did not want, worries me. Our system is broken, as is the voting process. Our elected officials do not stand for what they say on the campaign trail before taking office and we can only go by what the media has to tell us prior to voting these lying bastards into their positions. They always say that if we get out and vote for our representation that our voice will be heard. That's a bunch of bullshit because we live in a society that nobody gives a crap about anything that does not directly impact their immediate lives or environment. Nobody is accountable for a damn thing, especially wealthy politicians. When politicians start listening to the people they represent and actually acting on that advice, then we may see some real changes for good.

I hope you all have a good day...
Posted on: 2010/3/22 13:17

Livin_the_dream Re: Monday Chat 03.22.10
Senior Guru
robesonia , pa
516 Posts

Well said Don!
my short version
we're screwed
Posted on: 2010/3/22 13:26

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Good Morning Gurus

Don't get me started.

Health Care Bill .... I'm still very concerned at the determination of the President to have this bill pass. John Q Public did not want this bill passed, yet all of our appointed congressional leaders allowed this to happen. It’s not so much the bill, but what passing something that so many people did not want, worries me. Our system is broken, as is the voting process. Our elected officials do not stand for what they say on the campaign trail before taking office and we can only go by what the media has to tell us prior to voting these lying bastards into their positions. They always say that if we get out and vote for our representation that our voice will be heard. That's a bunch of bullshit because we live in a society that nobody gives a crap about anything that does not directly impact their immediate lives or environment. Nobody is accountable for a damn thing, especially wealthy politicians. When politicians start listening to the people they represent and actually acting on that advice, then we may see some real changes for good.

I hope you all have a good day...

I was pretty thrilled to see this the other day as I was drinking my milk from a 25-year-old Tupperware glass:

http://www.thelocal.se/25552/20100316/
Posted on: 2010/3/22 13:26

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Monday Chat 03.22.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Not ALL of our politicians, mostly democrats. I'm a bit like Matt is that I generally allow things to run their course, but I think that this thing is going to bankrupt the country.
Posted on: 2010/3/22 13:52

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Vetron87 Re: Monday Chat 03.22.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

We better not retire yet teebee, this is going over like a turd in the punchbowl.
Posted on: 2010/3/22 14:02

4543 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
I was pretty thrilled to see this the other day as I was drinking my milk from a 25-year-old Tupperware glass:

http://www.thelocal.se/25552/20100316/

Yup... I'd like to have a few of those to drink my cheap wine
Posted on: 2010/3/22 14:21

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 03.22.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I've never heard of quality American Crystal. They entertain dignitaries at the embassies. I guess we could do away with protocol. Yo, Premier, have a squat right here. Want some pretzels?, some nice box wine?, maybe a beer.
Posted on: 2010/3/22 14:29

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I've never heard of quality American Crystal. They entertain dignitaries at the embassies. I guess we could do away with protocol. Yo, Premier, have a squat right here. Want some pretzels?, some nice box wine?, maybe a beer.

Hell, when Boris Yeltsin stayed at the White House, he was out on the street in his underwear in the middle of the night, trying to get a pizza.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/world ... ail-cab-wanted-pizza.html
Posted on: 2010/3/22 14:34

4543 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

It is, what it is!
Posted on: 2010/3/22 14:35

BillH Re: Monday Chat 03.22.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Good Morning Gurus

Don't get me started.

Yep, I'm going to change parties to:

Political Party.

Not Democrat, Not Republican, Not Independent.

It's called the "PISSED OFF PARTY" (or POP).

This party is dedicated to vote every incumbent out of office in the next elections.
If you're Democrat, vote Democrat. Just don't vote for the incumbent.
If you're Republican, vote Republican. Just don't vote for the incumbent..
We need to send a message to all politicians, that we're tired of their B.S.
If the country votes out all the incumbents, the new incoming politicians will get the message.
It's pretty simple. Nobody needs to change parties and lets face it, there's plenty of blame to spread around.
A few good politicians will lose their job but they probably have better retirement and insurance then 95% of the American public.
You've had to struggle for the last 5 years.. Some of you have lost your job and may be working in some other sector just to feed your family.
I guarantee you, none of them will suffer like this country has.

To All 535 voting members of the Legislature; it is now official you are ALL corrupt morons:
The U.S. Post Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is now broke.
Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is now broke.
Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is now broke.
War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more.
Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are now broke.
Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is now broke.
The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is now an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars
AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM?

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE NEED FOR GOOD HEALTH CARE, IT'S ABOUT TRUSTING THE GOVERNMENT TO RUN IT.
Posted on: 2010/3/22 14:41

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

And if there is still a provision in the bill to exempt congress from the Health Care Bill.

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution:

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States."
Posted on: 2010/3/22 14:45

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
And if there is still a provision in the bill to exempt congress from the Health Care Bill.

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution:

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States."

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, I like that!
Posted on: 2010/3/22 14:50

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

This could be potentially great news. The rates of our hospital stays should go down since more patients will have their medical payments made by insurance. They won't have to collect for the deadwood from the pool of payors.

No, I don't believe that but that's what should happen.
Posted on: 2010/3/22 15:06

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Ain't it funny that they passed a bill YESTERDAY and now they're going to debate 153 pages of amendments to it?

Posted on: 2010/3/22 15:06

JrRifleCoach Re: Monday Chat 03.22.10
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

When the speaker of the house said; "we'll have to see whats inside the bill once it's passed"

That leaves me all warm and fuzzy inside.
Posted on: 2010/3/22 15:07

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:
When the speaker of the house said; "we'll have to see whats inside the bill once it's passed"

That leaves me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Coach ... Where you been hidin'? PR&C ?
Posted on: 2010/3/22 15:09

teebee Re: Monday Chat 03.22.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Yea they had to shove it down our throats first, then look at what it says.......something is really wrong.
Posted on: 2010/3/22 16:13

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Yea they had to shove it down our throats first, then look at what it says.......something is really wrong.

Yea, I bought a new pickup, didn't look at the window sticker. Got it home, opened the hood and realized it was a 6 cylinder. I'm going back to the dealer to demand they switch it to a V8.
Posted on: 2010/3/22 16:18

Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Coach ... Where you been hidin'? PR&C ?

Been building a bunker and underground victory garden.

Posted on: 2010/3/22 16:39

Vetron87 Re: Monday Chat 03.22.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

LMOA !! Good job Bill !!!! says soooooo much
Posted on: 2010/3/22 16:39

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Attach file:

jpg  HCR-Deficit-Reduct.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/3/22 17:29

tjpreul Re: Monday Chat 03.22.10
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
1103 Posts

Its a cover up, so we forget about the stimulus plan.

Define: Spend happy
Posted on: 2010/3/22 17:55

'92 auto, MSD, Banski, Taylor wires, SS lines, C5 rims, 3.07 gears, white gauges, seats from a '96.

Motor: Forged rotating assy, Probe pistons, CC valvetrain, AFR heads, Procharger P1SC

CorvetteBob Re: Monday Chat 03.22.10
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

If Canada was our southern neighbor, I'd gladly go and dump this ever-widening shithole!
Posted on: 2010/3/22 18:22

4543 Posts

Quote:

CorvetteBob wrote:
If Canada was our southern neighbor, I'd gladly go and dump this ever-widening shithole!

We shouldn't have to run from our own country to be happy to live. That's why they came here in the first place.
Posted on: 2010/3/22 18:34

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 03.22.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:

We shouldn't have to run from our own country to be happy to live. That's why they came here in the first place.

No, that's why all the illegal aliens come here.
Posted on: 2010/3/22 19:00

Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
No, that's why all the illegal aliens come here.

From one shithole to another?
Posted on: 2010/3/23 1:22

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.