Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
302 user(s) are online (247 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Tuesday Chat 10.12.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33764 Posts

Good morning everybody ......
Posted on: 2010/10/12 13:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

chisgt Re: Tuesday Chat 10.12.10
Guru Newb
chitown
58 Posts

Good Morning guru's
Posted on: 2010/10/12 13:10

biggrizzly Re: Tuesday Chat 10.12.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Matt must have baby duty!

Good Morning. Back to work today... but looking forward to next weekend. We will be at the beach for Corvette Weekend beginning noon on Friday! Should be a blast. I hope the weather holds out for us.

Have good day. chat later
Posted on: 2010/10/12 13:11

BillH Re: Tuesday Chat 10.12.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Good morning everybody ......

It's not morning here yet cause it's still dark out.
Posted on: 2010/10/12 13:13

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 10.12.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33764 Posts

More on the cruise ... In general the Americans onboard were an ugly looking lot. Most looked like they enjoyed all you can eat buffets on a regular basis. Everybody enjoyed piling up the daily offerings at the feeding trough throughout the day. We had a couple of sit down dinners in the main dining room but mostly we ate at the buffets because of convenience. On our last night we ate at one of the specialty restaurants on the ship, the steak house. We opted for the surf and turf, Filet Mignon and lobster tail. It was really a great dinner. First class all the way. I'm really glad we went, especially with Mom. At 85 I don't think she has many cruises left. My son was also with us, a nice family vacation. This was one of those treasured moments trips. In the years to come we'll have plenty of "remember when" incidents to share. Yup, "Life is like a box of chocolates".

Attach file:

jpg  box of chocolates.jpg (92.94 KB)
852_4cb460f1650fd.jpg 434X650 px
Posted on: 2010/10/12 13:16

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33764 Posts

Hey Don! What did the doctors have to say?
Posted on: 2010/10/12 13:24

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 10.12.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

*rubs eyes*

I stayed up too late to watch that aggravating football game last night, and have no energy whatsoever today.

Sounds like a great trip, Tommy - good to stockpile the memories.
Posted on: 2010/10/12 13:30

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33764 Posts

The message I got from a lot of old timers was; Do it while your young and you still can. When your older you may want to do something but won't have the health to do it. See, I listen. Do it, do it, do it till your satisfied whatever it is.

Posted on: 2010/10/12 13:39

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 10.12.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Slept in late this morning. I had a lot on my mind last night and couldn't fall asleep. I finally got to bed around 1 am.

Still have to finish yesterday's chores today

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/10/12 13:45

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33764 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Still have to finish yesterday's chores today

Do it till your satisfied ..........
Posted on: 2010/10/12 13:48

biggrizzly Re: Tuesday Chat 10.12.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Hey Don! What did the doctors have to say?

They did an EKG, CAT Scan, bloodwork, etc.
found nothing. Said I appear to be fit as a fiddle. May be a virus in the ear, or just positional vertigo. (I could have told them that)
So... it looks like I'll be fine, just got to stop standing in my head when I work under the car.

I did get the C-Beam and driveshaft out yesterday, although I really wanted that transmission on the floor last night. It will happen in due time.

Thanks for asking, Tommy
Posted on: 2010/10/12 13:58

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33764 Posts

Ya, I had CAT scan done on my head a few years back too. You already know what they found. Nuthin.
Posted on: 2010/10/12 14:07

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 10.12.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12371 Posts

Morning gurus.....Just finished a demonstration on how to turn wood on a lathe...I love that one....I just love turning, very relaxing and stress relieving. Had my dental check up yesterday, still have all my teeth (minus the wisdom teeth...I no longer have any wisdom LOL), the fact that I have no problems irritates the wife. Every time she goes, they have to do something to her teeth or they find a problem that she has to have fixed.

Don, I'm glad that they didn't find any problem. Tommy, the cruise sounds like a good time...I like to eat.

My sinuses are really bothering me today....allergies from living in Kansas during harvests. I wish they would finish up cutting the dang corn and milo.
Posted on: 2010/10/12 14:27

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33764 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Had my dental check up yesterday, still have all my teeth (minus the wisdom teeth...I no longer have any wisdom LOL), the fact that I have no problems irritates the wife.

I should be so lucky. All I have to do is breathe and that pretty much irritates the wife. If you ever need any good irritation tips, let me know. I've got a million of them.
Posted on: 2010/10/12 14:57

BillH Re: Tuesday Chat 10.12.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
On our last night we ate at one of the specialty restaurants on the ship, the steak house. We opted for the surf and turf, Filet Mignon and lobster tail.

Shoulda had a T-Bone.
Posted on: 2010/10/12 15:05

Ultraman Re: Tuesday Chat 10.12.10
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14751 Posts

Good morning, couldn't get on the internet this morning so I am late. My Mom who is 88 is coming for a visit with my step dad this weekend. I am a little nervous about them driving here but they said it would be no problem. We live about 160 miles apart. You gotta go until you can't.

Have a prosperous day Guru's.
Posted on: 2010/10/12 15:22

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12371 Posts

Update.....my wife emails me that she has a dental appointment tomorrow, because she thinks she just broke a chunk off one of her teeth......never fails. We have a ton of money wrapped up in her mouth....
Posted on: 2010/10/12 15:36

Resized Image

Vetron87 Re: Tuesday Chat 10.12.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Good morning guys. Great day high near 72 sunny. Last night some of our thuggs broke into our Softball complex and stole 3,400 worth of stuff. We have security cameras and a recorder. They took that also. Security guys were really doing job on this one. The lights are control by a ground level photocell which the thieves put a screw driver through.
Detectives came out this morning and interviewed some of the teachers who's rooms face the complex to see if they noticed any thing suspicious during the day, Apparently none of the police have ever watched CSI. There was blood on the door handle of the softball office and fabric from a ripped shirt. Cool! So being the educator that I am I figured this was a learning moment! Wrong!!! One of the cops dismissed it and said I watch too much TV. Like I'm Mr. Nielson from the ratings company. Finally one of the detectives agreed and called in the CSI guys BOOKEM DANNO
Have any other meeting with the State "expert" on getting our school off academic probation. Last time she was hear I pissed her off. She ask me why little Johnny couldn't read...I told her little Johnnies a crack baby Well! what will little Johnny do with his life if he can't read...I thought a politician was the answer! her husbands a politician in Indy. OPPsss.
Well guys my sub is here, off to a meeting! my students are looking at the sub like a lamb to the slaughter. This sub is clueless.
Posted on: 2010/10/12 16:01

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12371 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Well guys my sub is here, off to a meeting! my students are looking at the sub like a lamb to the slaughter. This sub is clueless.

Most of the ones we get here are!
Posted on: 2010/10/12 16:21

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 10.12.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:

found nothing.

A man brought a very limp dog into the veterinary clinic. As he lay the dog on the table, the doctor pulled out his stethoscope, placing the receptor on the dog's chest. After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and said, "I'm sorry, but your dog has passed away."

"What?" screamed the man. "How can you tell? You haven't done any testing on him or anything. I want another opinion!"

With that, the vet turned and left the room. In a few moments, he returned with a Labrador Retriever. The Retriever went right to work, checking the poor dead dog out thoroughly with his nose. After a considerable amount of sniffing, the Retriever sadly shook his head and said, "Bark" (meaning "dead as a doornail").

The veterinarian then took the Labrador out and returned in a few moments with a cat, who also carefully sniffed out the poor dog on the table. As had his predecessors, the cat sadly shook his head and said, "Meow" (meaning "he's history"). He then jumped off the table and ran out of the room.

The veterinarian handed the man a bill for $600. The dog's owner went berserk. "$600! Just to tell me my dog is dead? This is outrageous!"

The vet shook his head sadly and explained. "If you had taken my word for it, the charge would have been $50, but you wanted the Lab work and the cat scan."

Posted on: 2010/10/12 16:45

RickAnthony Re: Tuesday Chat 10.12.10
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:

found nothing.

A man brought a very limp dog into the veterinary clinic. As he lay the dog on the table, the doctor pulled out his stethoscope, placing the receptor on the dog's chest. After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and said, "I'm sorry, but your dog has passed away."

"What?" screamed the man. "How can you tell? You haven't done any testing on him or anything. I want another opinion!"

With that, the vet turned and left the room. In a few moments, he returned with a Labrador Retriever. The Retriever went right to work, checking the poor dead dog out thoroughly with his nose. After a considerable amount of sniffing, the Retriever sadly shook his head and said, "Bark" (meaning "dead as a doornail").

The veterinarian then took the Labrador out and returned in a few moments with a cat, who also carefully sniffed out the poor dog on the table. As had his predecessors, the cat sadly shook his head and said, "Meow" (meaning "he's history"). He then jumped off the table and ran out of the room.

The veterinarian handed the man a bill for $600. The dog's owner went berserk. "$600! Just to tell me my dog is dead? This is outrageous!"

The vet shook his head sadly and explained. "If you had taken my word for it, the charge would have been $50, but you wanted the Lab work and the cat scan."

Ha I'll have to tell Theresa this one..
Posted on: 2010/10/12 17:15
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.