Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
177 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  National Corvette Museum
The mission of the National Corvette Museum is to celebrate the Corvette's invention, and preserve the legendary automobile's past, present, and futu...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Monday Chat 01.31.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Ahhhhh...the end of January. I'm excited. Seemed like an extremely long month. I can now look forward to almost warmer months. Of course we are supposed to get a massive cold snowstorm to celebrate the event. Oh well. It's also payday which is good...I think I'm still paying off holiday bills, but not sure. Looking forward to getting all the tax stuff in order. Of course, you are always happy to do your taxes when you get money back...not so much when you have to pay Hope everyone else can beat up the taxman this year, too. If not, have a few more babies like I did.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/1/31 13:26

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 01.31.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Good Morning

I'm doing my best to start on a happy note today. I'm gonna have a nice day today if it friggin kills me. The rodeo yesterday was not as good as some of the ones they had in years past. The kids had a good time though. We had 4 little ones with our group. You have to keep them mentally stimulated with different types of activities but I'm sure you young bucks already know that. Prepping the boat and fishing gear today for a possible fishing trip tomorrow. Hope the weather cooperates. I have two open offers to go fishing in the Keys when I have a day to play. The cars are all asking me if they can go for a ride. The wife has plans for me for the rest of the week from Wednesday on. Guess I can say there is no shortage of things for me to do. That's before I even talk about my chore list. Mama-Mia I better start getting busy ......
Posted on: 2011/1/31 13:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

BillH Re: Monday Chat 01.31.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

The couch won yesterday, I accomplished - Zero.

Today I'm going to strive for more than - Zero.

But I can't do much this morning cause I have to wait for the Maytag repairman.
Posted on: 2011/1/31 13:50

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

The best TV show I've even seen was on the Discovery Channel last night,

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-schedules ... ml?paid=1.16431.26270.0.0
Posted on: 2011/1/31 13:56

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:

What? ............
You can't do something while you wait?
Posted on: 2011/1/31 14:10

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 01.31.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! The roads were extra greasy this morning, with a nice coat of slick, fresh snow - made for a delightful commute. While I'm waiting for the coffee to kick in, I'm keeping an eye on CNN to see if Mubarak walks like an Egyptian.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2011/1/31 14:11

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

biggrizzly Re: Monday Chat 01.31.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Back to the grind this morning. Oh well!

I did get some work done on the car yesterday. Still cleaning stuff up. I started to clean the driveshaft and got carried away. It's now the most shiney object on my car! Now I need to make the half shafts and batwing look like that. Yeah right! The bottom of the car is getting cleaner and the engine compartment is almost ready to sit the motor back in. I still have some paint touch up to do on the firewall, heat shielding to apply, and replace a few connectors. I'm resisting the urge to remove perfectly good calipers and rotors to simply clean them up better.

More later...

I'd like to see that Beer show.... maybe it will re-run.
Posted on: 2011/1/31 14:17

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

What? ............
You can't do something while you wait?

I was trying to decipher the new European language but, I'm confused.
Posted on: 2011/1/31 14:18

Ultraman Re: Monday Chat 01.31.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Morning gents! Snowy cold gray but I feel goooood! Just did my P90X workout so I got that oxygen debt high going. Actually for me it was a P30X. Do your best forget the rest! The whole family has bought in and the hardest part is the food prep and staying on target there.

Ultraboy has put on 25 or more lbs since he broke his arm and a lot of it is fat. He is working out but not enough aerobics so to get him to do the P90 we all had to agree to do it. We eat not so good some times because we don't want to take time to fix something so it's down to the fast food joints to stock up on fat. We like the system because it is all laid out with the excercise and meal plans each day. We took before pics and we will see what we look like in 90. I don't think I will post them on the Guru.

Let's start the week off by kicking some ass and getting some work done. Have a good day!
Posted on: 2011/1/31 14:39

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

My choices of unusual dietary selections continue. Yesterday I enjoyed fried conch, a funnel cake dusted with powdered sugar and a dinner at the local Chinese buffet. Today, nothing like a roll of DoSiDo Girl Scout cookies and a few cups of coffee for breakfast. Maybe I should write a diet book. Sort of an Eat This Not That.
Posted on: 2011/1/31 14:40

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 01.31.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:

That's weird, in all the commercials he' just sitting there waiting for a call?

Marcus - the diet plan is the key to the P90X workout program. Follow it strictly if you want to see significant results.

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/1/31 17:30

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

That's weird, in all the commercials he' just sitting there waiting for a call?

Matthew

Yea, another childhood illusion blown to hell.
Posted on: 2011/1/31 17:39

Vetron87 Re: Monday Chat 01.31.11
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Hi Guru's 30 minutes to go and another day in the wood shop is over. Kids are bustin their asses today. School projects are all over the place, school corp projects are in various stages of completion.
Northern Indiana is expecting a blizzard warning for later tonight and Tuesday. This is getting old!
Started all the vehicles Sunday let them warm up and checked for mice nests, Even though I put Sta-Bil in all the tanks the 55 Chevy smelled like stale, old gas, Maybe float bowls are full of gunk.... really ran rich.
Well guys its time to dump the dust collector and clean this pit of a shop up for the day.. Talk to ya later.
Posted on: 2011/1/31 19:25

teebee Re: Monday Chat 01.31.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Afternoon guys...it has been an extremely busy day. This is the part I hate about missing a day of teaching, it takes three times the time to catch up what you had the kids do when you were gone. On top of that my principal called this morning and wanted to come in and evaluate me.....O KAY. So it has been busy, busy.

Marcus, P90X is much harder, much more intense, than the old P90 that I do. My daughter told me this past weekend that I could have her copy of P90X. Nah, I think I'll stick with my version. But Matt is right eating right make a big difference. Tommy's funnel cakes aren't on the diet...

We have started getting the weather here. We are under a winter storm watch, the wind is blowing and instead of snow, we are getting some freezing drizzle, making things slick. The snow is supposed to start later, although snow alone isn't the problem, but wind and wind chills in the -15 to -20.

Don, glad to hear you are making progress on the cleaning of the car before you get the engine and trans back. The effort will all be worth it when you are all done.
Posted on: 2011/1/31 19:35

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

JeffK Re: Monday Chat 01.31.11
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

Monday...BLAH. Class until 10pm tonight, tomorrow and thursday. Needless to say any working out for me is prety much shot for the next 4 months. Flabby and fabulous in 11!

Got tennis elbow from wrenching on the car and of course it is my left (dominate) arm.

It was almost 70 here yesterday and today it's 40 and windy.

Watched Repo Men over the weekend. Good blood and guts movie that almost made my wife sick.
Posted on: 2011/1/31 20:20

Huskerland
14746 Posts

Tom, I think the 90X is just double what the P90 does. Do you go for an hour or 1/2 hour? On most days they will go through the excercises and then do them all again. I do ok on the first half hour but it gets real sloppy on the last half. Ya sometimes I just lay there like a slug.

It gets worse, they have a program now called Insanity, where you are supposed to get ripped in 60 days. No old guys in those ads.
Posted on: 2011/1/31 22:47

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I can get ripped in a matter of a couple of minutes.
Posted on: 2011/1/31 23:11

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 01.31.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Surely mini-donuts are on the P90X menu - they're half air, after all ;-)
Posted on: 2011/1/31 23:19

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Monday Chat 01.31.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Tom, I think the 90X is just double what the P90 does. Do you go for an hour or 1/2 hour? On most days they will go through the excercises and then do them all again. I do ok on the first half hour but it gets real sloppy on the last half. Ya sometimes I just lay there like a slug.

It gets worse, they have a program now called Insanity, where you are supposed to get ripped in 60 days. No old guys in those ads.

Marcus.......about a half hour is all mine is. 40 minutes one day and 26 (or so) the next.Insanity is the reason my daughter offered me the 90X, she has moved to "Insanity". I watched her do one workout, crap, that one would literally kill me.

Matt, I don't think mini-donuts are on there either....

Tommy, I'm pretty sure that not the case.
Posted on: 2011/1/31 23:37

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Huskerland
14746 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Surely mini-donuts are on the P90X menu - they're half air, after all ;-)

Strangly enough, they showed up on Ultraboys menu along with stuffed crust pizzas and crab rangoons. After I got my reading glasses on I saw that he had tried to print real neatly under the shrimp stir fry and butternut squash soup.
Posted on: 2011/2/1 0:02

tjpreul Re: Monday Chat 01.31.11
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
1103 Posts

We're getting a snow storm tomorrow, and everyone is freaking out. The bad thing is it has been raining off and on with freezing temps. In town is fine. On my way home I hit a patch of black ice. It was not fun, but everything is alright. I had no control over anything. I think if I would have hit the brakes I would of been in the ditch. Then I slid sideways down my driveway (its a sideways slope).
Posted on: 2011/2/1 1:52

'92 auto, MSD, Banski, Taylor wires, SS lines, C5 rims, 3.07 gears, white gauges, seats from a '96.

Motor: Forged rotating assy, Probe pistons, CC valvetrain, AFR heads, Procharger P1SC

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 01.31.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

P90X is totally different than Power 90. You will see Tony doing some similar techniques and exercises with the weightlifting stuff, but other than that it's a different program.

Power 90 is broken down into two segements "sculpt" and "sweat" - basically lifting/resistance and cardio. I think it came with a diet plan, but I didn't get it since I bought some DVDs used. Videos are shorter, around a half an hour each.

P90x has about 10 different videos...half are different muscle groups of strength training, the others are cardio, plyometrics, kempo, power yoga, stretching, and maybe one more. It also has the comprehensive eating plan. Videos range from around 50 minutes to an hour and a half.

I have never done Insanity. From what I have read, Insanity is just a killer cardio and core workout for an extended period of time. It doesn't focus on weightlifting at all. If your only goal is to lose weight and get some definition but not real upper body strength, this would be good, although hard.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitn ... s/p90x.do?tnt=P90X_MSC_C1

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/power90.do

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do

As with anything, you get out what you put in. I vary my workout plans all the time. I'm feeling (and looking) better now than ever, so I guess it says something. Let me know if you have any questions.

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/2/1 4:11

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.