Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
297 user(s) are online (239 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  L98
The GM designation for the 5.7 liter, (350 cubic inch), TPI motor. This motor was used in other GM vehicles, but was used in the Corvette from 1985 t...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Sunday Chat 07.10.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Sunday Chat ............ already?
Where does the time go? The weather has really sucked. Hot, humid, rainy. This is why I dread Florida summers. I like it most of the year but summer doesn't leave you lots to love unless you like saunas. I spend as much time as possible indoors much like northern folk do in the winters. Don't really expect any relief till November. One thing though. In the US of A, summer is pretty much hot everywhere. All I have to do is turn on the weather channel and then my mid 90 degree weather doesn't feel so hot after all ......... it's still sticky though. Some people are just never happy.
Posted on: 2011/7/10 11:31
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

BillH Re: Sunday Chat 07.10.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
it's still sticky though. Some people are just never happy.

That's what she said last night.

Yea, hot. I had to turn on the a/c at 5 p.m.

It will get hotter here, probably about the time Vetron shows up.
Posted on: 2011/7/10 12:24

Vetron87 Re: Sunday Chat 07.10.11
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
it's still sticky though. Some people are just never happy.

That's what she said last night.

Yea, hot. I had to turn on the a/c at 5 p.m.

It will get hotter here, probably about the time Vetron shows up.

Hi Bill, Hot and muggy here. Hot August Nights begins the 9th, we are leaving Aug 6th hopefully will be in Truckee at my nephew place by the 8th. My nephew has a bimmer 5 something. Erin is getting her clutched replacd this week and some minor suspension work done before the trip.
Posted on: 2011/7/10 12:36

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 07.10.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Bill. Didn't you have some snow recently? We've had some snow in South Florida a couple of times in the past 50 years but it melted before it hit the ground.

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/resou ... -12-21-florida-snow_x.htm
Posted on: 2011/7/10 12:39

Vetron87 Re: Sunday Chat 07.10.11
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Good Morning. Heading to Chicago in about an hour to see my wife's sister and husband and my nephew. They had a wedding in St. Charles, Ill Sat. Spend a few hours with them. Went to a Fortythththth Wedding aniversery party last night, about a hundred people most if not all retired teachers. Drunk fest. Polish wedding food, polish sausage, cabbage, chicken and noodles. One of the art teachers had a 52 Studebaker President frame off resto, nice job, another one had a TR6, and finally a 56 Chevy Apache Pickup frame off resto. Who would have thunk that these guys had a secret hobby. Cool.
Posted on: 2011/7/10 12:50

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Bill. Didn't you have some snow recently? We've had some snow in South Florida a couple of times in the past 50 years but it melted before it hit the ground.

They mentioned some on the news when we had that one day of rain last month but that was up on Donner Summit.

One of the ski sloped reopened for July 4th, I wanted to go because that's a once in 25 year event (I did it once) but my wrist got F'd up.

I been at Lake Tahoe in August when it was snowing but it was also 75 degrees at the same time.

We have rain here that doesn't hit the ground, it evaporates while it's falling.

There's still some snow to play on, IF you want to hike to 10,000 feet.

Attach file:

jpg  2006-04-22 12-24-45_0001.JPG (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/7/10 12:53

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 07.10.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Morning guys....We had snow last night.....in my dreams. It was still 88* when I went to bed last night at 10:30. Made it up to 109 yesterday and looking at 110 today, but it's "dry heat", yea right once it's 100* and above, it's just plain hot. Looking forward to our week in Colorado next month, hot up there is 85.
Posted on: 2011/7/10 14:00

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

j3studio Re: Sunday Chat 07.10.11
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Morning, all ...

... hot and sticky in Philadelphia, hotter and sticker where I'm heading today (Washington, DC). Getting ready for the trip - it's a conference and I'm there until Wednesday.
Posted on: 2011/7/10 14:13

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 07.10.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14745 Posts

Geez I walked out on the deck with the thought of having my porrage and turned right around and came inside. It's hot already and we have ball games to play. I am not complaining only stating the facts. I still hate winter so can't bitch about the heat.

Vetron if you and Erin are taking I80 out let me know I would like to meet you guys......I'd buy you lunch or supper. PM me if that will work.

I am going to finish the detailing of the front wheels today if I can stand it out in the shop. Then the ball games and then.........who knows.

Enjoy your day Guru's!
Posted on: 2011/7/10 14:28

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 07.10.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

I hit the snooze button a few times this morning and it was welcome. Felt better after the extra few minutes before getting up for work. Hot here, too, guys. Somewhere around 90 today. I have to plant some large flowers tonight when I get home, but I have to move some nasty, rocky, hard soil first. Fun. And hopefully I can get a decent run in after that.

I've got the new dizzy gear sitting on the front seat of the car right now. I would like to work on it on my next days off but I'll be taking a short trip out to NY to visit my sister and the new baby. Guess the car will wait a little longer.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/7/10 14:41

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 07.10.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! I think I'll do something different today and work on the deck. Should be beautiful out there, 91 and muggy with no breeze. I bought a big-assed fan the other day to have out there that at least creates the illusion of cooling. We had a big storm last night so everything is nice and wet.

Have a good day, everyone!
Posted on: 2011/7/10 14:45

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

biggrizzly Re: Sunday Chat 07.10.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Whew! Just got back a little while ago from my morning ride. This makes two in a row... Kinda scary me doing physical activity two days in a row. It was another beautiful morning... a tad warm already at 9AM but it was nice in the shade. I did a bit over ten miles today and will continue building my base again and build up to the point where I'm doing 20 to 25 for workout rides and then do some longer slow ones on one of the weekend days. I'm hoping to find a good long benefit ride to do in October to use as a goal to reach. Without some kind of goal in mind I will often just flounder at some point. Anyhow, it feels good to be back on the bicycle again.

Here are a few shots I took on my way back home. Yeah, I was lollygagging on my way back instead of working it hard! But as they say! The first rule is to have fun!

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image
Posted on: 2011/7/10 15:39

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:
Without some kind of goal in mind I will often just flounder

What I call taking a nap.

Nice pics Don. I particularly like the people lying in the shade and the pond pics. Ahhh, the smell of the sea. OK! Who farted?
Posted on: 2011/7/10 20:04

biggrizzly Re: Sunday Chat 07.10.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:
Without some kind of goal in mind I will often just flounder

What I call taking a nap.

Nice pics Don. I particularly like the people lying in the shade and the pond pics. Ahhh, the smell of the sea. OK! Who farted?

The shots I took of the people sitting in the shade on the beach and the catamarans is a couple miles from the house at Herrington Harbor Marina, one of the nicest full service marinas on the East Coast. They got a nice restaurant/bar, cottages, pool, gym and store. I'd like to keep my sail boat there but its a bit pricey. Being so close to the house would be real convenient since I could ride my bike there. We also have a marina across the street from my house but its pricey too and they have no lifts or means of pulling and doing maintenance. That is critical on a blow boat. My town is mostly set up for fisherman and power boats. Herrington Harbor on the other hand is a blow boaters paradise.
Posted on: 2011/7/10 21:10

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
[The shots I took of the people sitting in the shade on the beach and the catamarans is a couple miles from the house at Herrington Harbor Marina,

Pitch poled a Hobie about a mile out at Ocean City the week of the Hobie Cat Nationals.

Haven't been on one since.

But I still towed it home with my van, the idiot.

Attach file:

jpg  hobie.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/7/10 21:55

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Great pics, Don!

I had hoped to get the railings up on this side today, but it was slow going in the heat. Almost halfway done:

Resized Image
Posted on: 2011/7/11 1:35

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I managed to catch up on my floundering. The wife too.

Snorfest
Posted on: 2011/7/11 1:41

vetteblondie Re: Sunday Chat 07.10.11
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4651 Posts

Beautiful deck and very nice photos. Glad I'm not the only one suffering in the heat. It was 99 here today with a heat index of 111. supposed to be 103 here tomorrow, no telling what the heat index will be and the humidity probably around 3000.
Worked in the shop today with the person helping me with the car and got it done this afternoon finally. Managed to bust the windshield in the process but it needed another anyway. Just wasn't wanting it to come out of my pocket. Car still needs some tweaks but started right up, white smoke disappeared quickly and ran fine. I'm so glad to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Posted on: 2011/7/11 1:48

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Two thumbs up, Letty - well-done!!
Posted on: 2011/7/11 1:49

vetteblondie Re: Sunday Chat 07.10.11
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4651 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Two thumbs up, Letty - well-done!!

thank you.
I had a LOT of help and it was much appreciated. Have two brackets left but I know where they go and it's all okay with me. I guess I did close to my 'half' of it all and that was the absolute biggest pain in the ass I've ever gotten myself into and will never ever do it again.
Posted on: 2011/7/11 2:16

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 07.10.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14745 Posts

Holy cow! I was just outside to walk the dog a bit and the temp is 82 but the humidity is 93%. Yikes! There will be rain tonight........
Posted on: 2011/7/11 3:44

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

RickAnthony Re: Sunday Chat 07.10.11
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Worked in the garage today, on a 94' installing sport seats from a 92' ZR1. also in the process of installing 5 point harnesses but the set the customer supplied will not work with the harness bar... too hot/humid today.. was in the 90's while working not fun... still have more things to finish on this one, then it may be sitting waiting for the correct harnesses, then I may have another one coming Wednesday a C6 with a squeek noise (belts?) and some other things.. and I have a few more on my waiting list... busy busy... Wife keeps telling me to sell my jet ski's because she hates them.. I like them alot.. but with being so busy I haven't been out but 1 time this season.. and I want to get out more.. so maybe I should just sell them...
-=Rick
Posted on: 2011/7/11 4:40
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.