Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
217 user(s) are online (177 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  CFI
Cross Fire Injection. Method of fuel delivery in the L82 motor. The 1984 is the only C4 to use the L82. This is the same engine used in the 1982 C3. ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Thursday Chat 07.21.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

With numbers like that, 07.21.11, it should be a lucky day. The last few days I've felt like boiled crap, mainly due to my allergies I think. So far today, I feel a little better. I'm gonna go out and take care of a few things at the nursery this morning. I have to get back on top of things, that way I won't leave as many things to be done after I'm dead. I always like to pose the question from time to time; Is this really important or do I just think it's important? So few things in life really make much difference in the overall scheme of things. Enough with the pleasantries ......... On with the day .....
Posted on: 2011/7/21 11:08
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 07.21.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2011/7/21 11:32

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2011/7/21 11:37

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat 07.21.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Baby got up around 6:20, so you know that means...no more sleep for me. But that's ok. We had a good scare with him yesterday. My wife called me hysterical yesterday while I was at work. He knocked down the baby gate at the top of the stairs (25 lbs at 9 months will do that, I guess) and took a tumble down the whole flight from the upstairs to the first floor. Geeze. Only saving grace was the stairs and landing are carpeted. I left work and rushed home to take him to the doctor. He's got a couple of small bruises on his forehead but otherwise is ok. I think my wife was more traumatized by the whole incident than he was. So last night I was drilling the baby gate into the wall in hopes that will prevent this in the future.

Other than that, I'm playing daddy day care. Have to run to the store for a few errands, but should be a slow day with the nasty heat wave. Not looking to do too much outside.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/7/21 11:46

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

I see Tommy is in a playful mood...so here's a dumb criminal story:

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local ... like-071911#ixzz1SZzYvwa0

Quote:
Tractor Thief Resisted Arrest to Find out What Cop’s Taser Felt Like

Updated: Tuesday, 19 Jul 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 19 Jul 2011, 11:37 AM EDT

FREDERICK, Md. - Police say a man told police he resisted arrested because he wanted to know what it felt like to be shot with a Taser.

According to an online report from the Frederick News-Post, the incident happened Sunday around midnight near Annandale Road and Toms Creek.

A Frederick County sheriff's deputy was investigating a report of a stolen tractor when he spotted the alleged suspect, Ronald L. Divel, driving the vehicle through a corn field with a juvenile female on board.

The deputy chased Divel deep into the field on foot until he caught up to him. When the deputy ordered him to stop, Divel jumped off the tractor and fell on his back.

Police say after Divel refused to comply with their attempts to place him under arrest, the deputy fired his Taser at him, striking him in the right arm and chest.

Divel claimed the tractor was borrowed and the juvenile claimed she didn’t know the vehicle was stolen.

Divel was released from the Frederick County Detention Center on Monday on his own personal recognizance.

READ MORE: fredericknewspost.com

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local ... like-071911#ixzz1Sjv3rbcy
Posted on: 2011/7/21 11:48

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
He knocked down the baby gate at the top of the stairs and took a tumble down the whole flight from the upstairs to the first floor. Geeze.

Like father, like son ............ Glad he's OK Matt. Good thing he's still soft and flexible
Posted on: 2011/7/21 11:53

biggrizzly Re: Thursday Chat 07.21.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Holy Cow Matt! I'm glad the baby is ok. That could have been a lot worse. My mom said I jumped out of the crib when I was kid and got busted up pretty bad and put a scare into them. I guess that's why I'm like I am today!

Today, I am reviewing courses we just revised for the Air Force. So boring... nothing worse than taking an online training course except reviewing an online training course for errors. Quality Control... if I don't catch it, somebody else will... that's for sure.

I drove the Vette out last night to the usual neighborhood haunts. Took it down to North Beach and the boardwalk around the town and back home. It was running pretty good. I have some minor noises in the drive train that were not there before the new build. I need to figure them out. Some kind of vibration, but its hard to tell with the exhaust sounds and everything mixed together.

Oh... I almost forgot to ask... There is a little clip that holds the emergency brake cable from rubbing on the exhaust system. Where does that attach? Anyone have a photo that might show that? I'll create a new thread in tech with this question if nobody nails it here this morning.
Posted on: 2011/7/21 12:02

pianoguy Re: Thursday Chat 07.21.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Wow, close call, Matt! It's a decent morning here for a change - 75 and sunny, not so humid. So I blew the dust off the Vette and drove it this morning. Our state gubbermint is finally back to work today. I can't say I've missed them much. My scientific observation of the traffic this morning indicates that they contribute substantially to the population of lousy drivers.

Enjoy your day, yawlz!
Posted on: 2011/7/21 12:15

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 07.21.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Morning guys....Not much here today. Still hot.

Matt, I've always been under the impression that, that is the way kids learn. We never had (or have)those gates. I figure they will tumble down the stairs whether we have them or not. every one of my kids took a tumble...once. They learned after that. Glad he is OK, and you are right, mom is probably worse for the wear than he is. ;shrug

Need to start loading the pickup for our trip to KC, so I'll do that later. Our local teachers organization is helping out with the free BBQ at the fair today. We'll serve about 900 in about an hour and a half.

I hope everyone can/will stay cool today.
Posted on: 2011/7/21 12:34

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

One thing that's good is it gives you ammo for the next volley. "I'm not the one that lets the kids fall down the stairs." I'm only kidding .......... Really ....... Just joking. I told ya'll before I tend to make jokes in stressful situations to difuse the seriousness of the incident. Never argue with your wife. You never win. Even when you win ... you lose. Try to never go to bed angry. I can contol what I say most of the time. The rest? You don't want to know ......... I usually walk away till I calm down a little. Angry words are hard to retract.
Posted on: 2011/7/21 12:57

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
I hope everyone can/will stay cool today.

Ya! Be cool, man.
Posted on: 2011/7/21 12:59

BillH Re: Thursday Chat 07.21.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I fell down repeatedly when I was very young (suspect Tommy did too).
Then I fell off dirt bikes a couple hundred times when i raced them.
Now I fall down for no reason at all.

Glad he's OK Matt.

Ordered C4 tires yesterday, another day, another dolla.
Posted on: 2011/7/21 12:59

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:

I had a brain scan a few years ago. They found nuthin.
Posted on: 2011/7/21 13:02

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

I had a brain scan a few years ago. They found nuthin.

Attach file:

jpg  ho.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/7/21 13:11

Epimax Re: Thursday Chat 07.21.11
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Howdy Folks...
Matt, Glad the youngen is OK!!

I had a scary moment this past weekend.....just a stupid accident....had been sitting out on the deck soaking up the sun and watching the little girl in the pool, and I had moved my chair to let the dogs by so they could go back inside...Got up to do something and when I sat back down the chair (and me) went backwards down the stairs...
I know...shouldn't have had the chair near the stairs...(I'll never here the end of that around the house!)..Anyway, it knocked me out for a few seconds......but the worse part is that after I came too I could hear my wife and daughter but I couldn't move or respond, and to top it off I couldn't see either... ...That's a feeling I'll never forget as long as I live..

My wife said my eyes were open, but I wasn't responsive at all---and she thought I was gone... Had a gash on the back of my head that was bleeding really bad...

Well, after a few seconds or so I guess (It seemed like an eternity)...I was able to first see and then move again..so I got up and tried to calm down the wife and youngen! Other than the gash on the back of my head, and various scrapes and bruises, I was otherwise ok! It scared the hell out of everybody...and me too! Very blessed to be ok...could have been a lot worse.. Just goes to show, it can all be over in an instant...just never know...definitely a reminder to not sweat the small stuff...don't take anything for granted....helluva wake up call..!!

Y'all have a good day!
Posted on: 2011/7/21 13:54

Ultraman Re: Thursday Chat 07.21.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14739 Posts

Up late today I think I am still recovering from the baseball tourney. Took the C5 out last night late for a nice drive in the warm air. I ran slow with the windows down. Very nice and relaxing.

Having trouble figuring how to get my Corsas shipped. The guy selling says now he needs more money because he did not anticipate FedX was going to cost 120 bucks. So we are checking out other options. Bus and postal being a couple of them. Any ideas?

It is raining here and much cooler. I don't know how much we have got yet but if it is an inch or more it will qualify as a million dollar rain because of what it will do for the dryland crops and also the farmers will get to turn off the irrigation machines.....

Holy cow Matt.....that gave me a flashback to my oldest daughter taking a trip down the stairs to the basement in one of those walker things that the kids scoot around the house in. Scared me to death but she was yelling and crying so hard that I figured she couldn't be to hurt that bad and she was just mostly scared. It was on my watch and the guilt was bad. The thing stayed upright all the way and did a flip right at the bottom......I know because I was about 1 second behind the whole wreck.....If it would have had a rollbar it would have not been a big deal.. ......the gate went up that day.

Cool article from C and D on MSN this morning on the Newell Motor coaches. 1.6 million for a new bus. 650 hp Cummins with a 6 sp Allison. Takes 44 qts of synthetic oil. I couldn't afford the oil change. All the racers have them and some more then one. Interesting fact that Larry Shinoda did the design work on Penskes coaches. I met Larry once up at the Corvette ralley in Spearfish. Got his autograph somewhere in my stuff. Nice guy who was in on a lot of classic designs for both Chevy and Ford and more.

Yikes I gotta go......have a great day today Guru's!
Posted on: 2011/7/21 13:55

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Huskerland
14739 Posts

Geez David glad you are ok! Someday you may laugh about it but not for awhile I'm thinking......You are right about how fast it all can change.......You may want to check it out if you keep having headaches or blurred vision. Maybe a mild concussion....getting knocked out is serious stuff.
Posted on: 2011/7/21 14:03

Huskerland
14739 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:

What did you end up getting? I looked at the thread but did not see it there.......
Posted on: 2011/7/21 14:15

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

What did you end up getting? I looked at the thread but did not see it there.......

Got the Hankooks, $300+ less than Michelin's, that's close to a 30% difference.
We'll see how they do but I think they'll be just fine.
Posted on: 2011/7/21 14:50

SpectatorRacing Re: Thursday Chat 07.21.11
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Holy crap everybody's taking tumbles. Matt that's the kind of stuff that'll make your kid a badazz when he's older

I've had lots of injuries from sports and one from a horse that fell on me (resulting in 5 inch pins in my ankle) but never been knocked out. Crazy.

Just found out tomorrow's the day I have to chase this baby around the track:

http://www.thel88corvette.com/L88_Delorenzo_1967.html

Black beauty is still in the hospital (but the patient has stabilized) so I guess the blue car gets to try and keep up with a legend. I wish I knew what brake pads were on it...
Posted on: 2011/7/21 15:06

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

SpectatorRacing wrote:
Black beauty is still in the hospital (but the patient has stabilized) so I guess the blue car gets to try and keep up with a legend. I wish I knew what brake pads were on it...

just wait until you threshold brake and the "ice" mode kicks in.
Posted on: 2011/7/21 15:14

Huskerland
14739 Posts

Quote:

SpectatorRacing wrote:

What have you done to ruin that nice blue car? How about some pics of it.......
Posted on: 2011/7/21 15:23

screamin_conure Re: Thursday Chat 07.21.11
Senior Guru
Northwest Indiana
346 Posts

Hey Gurus!

I guess we can call this my first contribution to a daily chat. I love reading these, but it's usually late in the day and too late to make any kind of contribution. I actually have a little time to kill here before I head home. I'm working from home the rest of the day so I can take delivery of my NEW FLAT PANEL LED!!

Yep, after years of harassment from friends and family, picking on my trusty old 25" Zenith tube set, I'm finally getting high-def service and we sprung for a new Samsung 55". I'm using the great deal I got on it ($1,350.00 delivered to my door), and my 46 year old eyes which are pretty much shot already as my primary excuses. It's time. I cannot WAIT for the Blackhawks season to get started now!! Also picked up a set of Magnaflow high-flow cats for my '92 this week. I'll definitely be needing the help of my mechanic getting those in. Haven't driven the 'Vette in over a week. Hundred degree heat, marginal air conditioning and leather seats just don't mix.

Tommy, really glad to hear your little one is okay. Yikes, that's scary. Let's all be careful around those staircases!

Onward and upward.

Ron
Posted on: 2011/7/21 16:46

Senior Guru
Northwest Indiana
346 Posts

Quote:

Tommy, really glad to hear your little one is okay.
Ron

Whoops! Sorry; that was Matt's little one that took the fall. Either way, I'm glad everyone's okay.
Posted on: 2011/7/21 16:50

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Geez David glad you are ok! Someday you may laugh about it but not for awhile I'm thinking......You are right about how fast it all can change.......You may want to check it out if you keep having headaches or blurred vision. Maybe a mild concussion....getting knocked out is serious stuff.

+1

Marcus, do check out Greyhound for the shipping. I bought a fender some years back and having it shipped by bus was a lot cheaper.
Posted on: 2011/7/21 17:01

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Ron, you're gonna love that new TV!
Posted on: 2011/7/21 17:02

SpectatorRacing Re: Thursday Chat 07.21.11
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Ron I'm interested to hear how you like that LED. I've had my LCD for almost 7 years now, it's almost time to upgrade...

No new photos of the blue car, but you can bet Saturday morning there will be some very cool ones, and a video as well! The only thing I've done to it is changed the shocks to the Bilstein sports. I think I have a set of brake pads lined up to borrow, some Hawk DTC70. It will be interesting to see how close this car runs bone stock compared to the C4 which is *ahem* also bone stock.

And you guys know "ice mode" is a myth, right? There's no such thing. There can certainly be strange reactions from ABS from unconventional situations but there is no special mode that the system enters for ice.
Posted on: 2011/7/21 17:03

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 07.21.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Wow, we all need to be careful out there. Marcus...hard to believe that they want that much for shipping, something ain't right. Greyhound might be the answer.
Posted on: 2011/7/21 17:19

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I remember back in the olden days when some rich family would get their hands on the latest technology. Man oh man a brand new color tv. WOW! In living color ........... Check out them cartoons ..... Green Bay Packers against the Baltimore Colts .... The Wonderful World of Disney. Yep, back when getting something was a big deal.

Attach file:

jpg  classic tv.jpg (5.99 KB)
852_4e2864070de31.jpg 300X241 px
Posted on: 2011/7/21 17:38

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2011/7/21 17:40

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

SpectatorRacing wrote:
Holy crap everybody's taking tumbles. Matt that's the kind of stuff that'll make your kid a badazz when he's older

I've had lots of injuries from sports and one from a horse that fell on me (resulting in 5 inch pins in my ankle) but never been knocked out. Crazy.

Just found out tomorrow's the day I have to chase this baby around the track:

http://www.thel88corvette.com/L88_Delorenzo_1967.html

Good luck! That '67 is a beauty!
Posted on: 2011/7/21 17:43

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2011/7/21 17:46

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

SpectatorRacing wrote:

And you guys know "ice mode" is a myth, right? There's no such thing. There can certainly be strange reactions from ABS from unconventional situations but there is no special mode that the system enters for ice.

Maybe true, but many posts complain about the ABS.

The big thin with ABS on the track is the computer releases the brakes, not our foot.
And the way you release the brakes is huge on the track.
Posted on: 2011/7/21 18:10

Senior Guru
Northwest Indiana
346 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I remember back in the olden days when some rich family would get their hands on the latest technology. Man oh man a brand new color tv. WOW! In living color ........... Check out them cartoons ..... Green Bay Packers against the Baltimore Colts .... The Wonderful World of Disney. Yep, back when getting something was a big deal.

I remember watching Saturday morning cartoons on a TV just like that one.
Posted on: 2011/7/21 18:54

Senior Guru
Northwest Indiana
346 Posts

Quote:

SpectatorRacing wrote:
Ron I'm interested to hear how you like that LED. I've had my LCD for almost 7 years now, it's almost time to upgrade...

I'll let you know. I've seen mostly good reviews of the model I'm getting (UN55D6000).

I'm sure it's going to be EONS better than what we've been watching for the last 20 years!
Posted on: 2011/7/21 18:59

Huskerland
14739 Posts

Quote:

screamin_conure wrote:
Quote:

SpectatorRacing wrote:

I'll let you know. I've seen mostly good reviews of the model I'm getting (UN55D6000).

I'm sure it's going to be EONS better than what we've been watching for the last 20 years!

Oh yeah! True Dat! Like a C5 compared to a C.....mmmmm uh....nevermind......
Posted on: 2011/7/21 21:47

Huskerland
14739 Posts

When we got a Motorola Quasar in 1964 the neihbors all stopped over to watch the peacock.......or Bonanza in living color.....it was huge. Thanks for those post Tommy it takes me back....
Posted on: 2011/7/21 21:50

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Thanks for the well wishes, guys. Baby seems to be doing just fine today. Wife's toe still hurts, though

Ron - I'm sure you'll like the new tv. We have a samsung DLP in the living room and a samsung LCD in the bedroom. Both have great picture quality.

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/7/21 23:04

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.