Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
283 user(s) are online (242 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C2
Abbreviation for the 2nd generation of Corvettes built from 1963-1967....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 07.24.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

We had another heck of a storm come through last night around 12:30. Lightning was lighting up the house through the blinds and the thunder was shaking the bedroom. Crazy. Power went off/on for a minute. Not out too long, but enough to reset all the clocks (including my alarm )

It's been a rough couple days with the rugrats. The other day rugrat #2 took a tumble down the stairs, he's ok though. Yesterday we went out to an early dinner with MIL and FIL to a buffet restaurant by the house that just opened. Apparently Rugrat #1 hasn't been feeling well since Friday according to my wife. She didn't eat much, just a couple fries and maybe one chicken nugget. At the end of dinner, she said her tummy hurt and she laid down on my lap (very out of character). About 5 minutes later, she sits up and starts vomiting all over the table, chair, floor, herself, me, etc. I felt so bad for her. I rushed her into the bathroom (at the other side of the restaurant ) but it was too late. I cleaned her up the best I could and we came home. Vomited more in the car, then more at home. Nothing worse than when your babies are sick Hopefully she's better today.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/7/24 11:51

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 07.24.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Better sick in bed than sick in the head. Why did I post that? Went to cousin Benny and Debs house yesterday for their 2 yr business anniversary party. Benny is a plumber and worked for Rotor Rotter for over 20 years. He left the company over a pay dispute and opened his own gig. Must be doing OK I guess. They're paying all the bills. I got too much sun yesterday and by 5:00 I felt like crap. Too dang hot and I spent too much time out in it. Even though we were under a tent with a fan blowing it was still too much for me to handle. We got out of the heat and spent most of the rest of the day in his pool room (rack em up) and after we got home I layed in bed under the fan. I'm gonna hide from the heat today as much as I can. Hope Sam gets to feelin better soon Matt.
Posted on: 2011/7/24 12:04
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Oh ya, almost forgot. Went to Advanced Auto Parts yesterday to pick up a can of R134A and boost my wifes 911. The price jumped from like $12 to $17 and change. Ah .... No ... Went to Big Lots and they had it on sale for $8 a can. Bought 4 extra cans for future use. With so many cars and trucks I'll use it. $17 is ridiculous. Are their gold flecks in the freon. Geez .............
Posted on: 2011/7/24 12:26

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

This is a great song sing to sing as you leave the necessary room.

Posted on: 2011/7/24 12:50

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 07.24.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14745 Posts

Good morning Guru's! Here we go again......gotta roll soon its 85 miles to where the games are being played.....one way....

Yesterday it was so hot and there are no awnings for the bleachers so 3 of us brought those 10 x 10 awnings that you see vendors and others have now to make some shade. So we set them up side by side over the bleachers and everyone could sit in the shade and with the breeze it was almost enjoyable.

Then they suspended play because of a thunderstorm....we thought it might miss us but oh nooooo. 2 of the guys took their awnings down but I thought heck I will just stay under here and not get rained on.......forgot it might get windy......real windy....so the wind is blowing a ton and it is raining buckets and I am trying to save the dumb thing from distruction. Next thing I know there are the guys getting soaked to help me take it down in the wind. At least it was warm rain. Everyone got a big laugh out of it........I was thankful for the help.

Matt when ever I hear your stories about your kids, its like dejavu all over again for me. We had that same thing happen several times. We had kids run us out of several eating establishments because they were fussy or sick. Ahh the good ole days....Hang in there its all worth it I promise.

Win or lose we drink the booze......no wait that was from my fast pitch softball days.....win or lose we are happy to have ended a dismall season on a high note......

Have fun today Guru's!
Posted on: 2011/7/24 12:54

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Huskerland
14745 Posts

How about some Queen to rock your day......

Posted on: 2011/7/24 13:02

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

One way or another we keep bouncing back to the Gay thread.

QUEEN ...............
Posted on: 2011/7/24 13:07

biggrizzly Re: Sunday Chat 07.24.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!! "Big Lots"... Man, I miss those stores. I haven't seen any up here in Yankee Territory.

I slept in this morning, now I feel guilty. I should get rolling and take the Vette our for a little spin before it gets too hot. Maybe to late already.
Posted on: 2011/7/24 13:08

BillH Re: Sunday Chat 07.24.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

It's a bit warmer here, I actually had to turn the a/c on at 4 pm.
Yea,yea, Tommy - Swamp cooler.

Wonder why they call the swamp coolers when they best in the desert?

Marcus - I've helped pick up a bunch of those awings, all bent up at the track. They really don't like wind.
Posted on: 2011/7/24 13:11

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I had a swamp cooler in the first rental house I lived in Florida. They don't seem to do much in the swamp. Your right. They should be called a desert cooler.
Posted on: 2011/7/24 13:15

crash Re: Sunday Chat 07.24.11
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

good morning gurus. well im going to cut the grass before it gets too hot. then going over to my sons house to celebrate his 36th bday. we got our car hoist fri. now to set it up and see how it works.
have a guru day gang
rich
ps matt i hope it all gets better with the kids.
Posted on: 2011/7/24 13:16

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I had a swamp cooler in the first rental house I lived in Florida. They don't seem to do much in the swamp. Your right. They should be called a desert cooler.

I can see that since they are really called evaporative coolers, not much evaporating in Fl., huh?

What I really like about them is the operating cost, about $15/ month.
Posted on: 2011/7/24 13:21

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 07.24.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Good morning guys....Been to church already this morning. Yesterday, I got most of the little jobs done. I added several outlets around the desk unit mounted an LCD TV to the wall. Then late yesterday afternoon, my youngest daughter had tickets to the Royals game. They beat the Rays in 10, a great ball game.

Kids go through those things, I remember mine throwing up in restaurants, embarassing, but heh, that life. I hope they come around quickly, Matt.

Used to have "evaportive cooler" when we first moved to Lakin, but as the humidity has gradually increased they have become ineffective.

Marcus, stay cool, supposedly the "coolest" day of the week today, and good luck to the team.
Posted on: 2011/7/24 13:58

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 07.24.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Slept in real good, got a full day on the deck ahead. We got a bunch of rain last night, so I hope it dries out quickly.

Good luck, Marcus! Sorry to hear about your little one, Matt - you always feel so bad for them when they're sick. Hell, our oldest son called last night and wanted to know what to do about water stuck in his ear. It never ends ;-)

Enjoy your day, everyone!
Posted on: 2011/7/24 14:23

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

JeffK Re: Sunday Chat 07.24.11
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

Good afternoon.

Got the brakes change on the front of the vette yesterday. Still trying to rehydrate.

Matthew, hope the little one gets to feeling better. Hate it when they are sick.

Marcus, good luck.

Brad, hope you get that deck finished up.

Have a great day gurus!
Posted on: 2011/7/24 15:05

JrRifleCoach Re: Sunday Chat 07.24.11
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

The horrible right wing nut with connections to those conservative groups....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/world ... losion-live-coverage.html
Posted on: 2011/7/24 15:51

screamin_conure Re: Sunday Chat 07.24.11
Senior Guru
Northwest Indiana
346 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

We had another heck of a storm come through last night around 12:30. Lightning was lighting up the house through the blinds and the thunder was shaking the bedroom. Crazy. Power went off/on for a minute. Not out too long, but enough to reset all the clocks (including my alarm )

It's been a rough couple days with the rugrats. The other day rugrat #2 took a tumble down the stairs, he's ok though. Yesterday we went out to an early dinner with MIL and FIL to a buffet restaurant by the house that just opened. Apparently Rugrat #1 hasn't been feeling well since Friday according to my wife. She didn't eat much, just a couple fries and maybe one chicken nugget. At the end of dinner, she said her tummy hurt and she laid down on my lap (very out of character). About 5 minutes later, she sits up and starts vomiting all over the table, chair, floor, herself, me, etc. I felt so bad for her. I rushed her into the bathroom (at the other side of the restaurant ) but it was too late. I cleaned her up the best I could and we came home. Vomited more in the car, then more at home. Nothing worse than when your babies are sick Hopefully she's better today.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

Hey Matt, we don't live too far apart and that same storm rolled across the border into Indiana this morning and rocked the house, literally. Around 8:45 or so this morning, a bolt of lightning hit somewhere VERY close to the house. I was sitting on my couch in the living room and it literally blinded me for a split second. The crash of thunder that came with it set off the 'Vette's alarm in the garage. Bizzare.

Hopefully, you're not in any of the areas of Chicago that were flooded by yesterday's storms. And hoping your daughter gets to feeling better.

Sad to say, but this friggin' new TV is turning us into sloths. All we've done all weekend is sit, slack-jawed, and stare.

The rain looks like it's pushing out for now. I gotta' get out...
Posted on: 2011/7/24 17:47

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

screamin_conure wrote:

Sad to say, but this friggin' new TV is turning us into sloths. All we've done all weekend is sit, slack-jawed, and stare.

Imagine what it will be like when you turn it on.
Posted on: 2011/7/24 18:07

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

screamin_conure wrote:

Or get the cable hooked up.

Watchin' that "No Signal" thing bouncing up & down on the screen gets boring after a couple of hours.
Posted on: 2011/7/24 19:08

Huskerland
14745 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

screamin_conure wrote:

Or get the cable hooked up.

Watchin' that "No Signal" thing bouncing up & down on the screen gets boring after a couple of hours.

LOL that's funny!
Posted on: 2011/7/24 21:31

Huskerland
14745 Posts

Season is over for this year.....Kids just ran out of steam. We were in it all day but just couldn't get the big hit when we needed it. Great run though for a bunch that won only 3 games during the regular season...........Next up football, oh yeah.....can't wait....
Posted on: 2011/7/24 21:34

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 07.24.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

It was a good run Marcus. I finished up the desk unit today...pictures to follow tomorrow evening or Tuesday.
Posted on: 2011/7/25 0:33

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

screamin_conure Re: Sunday Chat 07.24.11
Senior Guru
Northwest Indiana
346 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

screamin_conure wrote:

HOLY CRAP! I can turn it on?!! How do you turn it on? Rub up against it and talk dirty?
Posted on: 2011/7/25 1:20

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 07.24.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

screamin_conure wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

screamin_conure wrote:

HOLY CRAP! I can turn it on?!! How do you turn it on? Rub up against it and talk dirty?

Never works on my wife, but you might have better luck with the tv.
Posted on: 2011/7/25 3:11

vetteblondie Re: Sunday Chat 07.24.11
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4651 Posts

I'm just now getting to watch my tv... tried to sleep late, been waking up a lot during the night. We've had storms here also.. one per day... sun will be out and hot as hell, then it rains a monsoon then it's sunny and steamy with humidity of around 3 million or so. Was a lazy day, but been rearranging the house, got a lot of that done tonight, waiting on the last load of laundry. Even actually cooked dinner. Got some bad news this weekend so kinda stayed to myself except for a short run to a cousin's house yesterday for a pool dip.
Hope everyone's had a good weekend.
Sorry bout the little ones Matt.... mojo to ya.
Posted on: 2011/7/25 3:46

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 07.24.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Got some bad news this weekend so kinda stayed to myself

Hope everything's ok!
Posted on: 2011/7/25 11:32

vetteblondie Re: Sunday Chat 07.24.11
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4651 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Got some bad news this weekend so kinda stayed to myself

Hope everything's ok!

thanks ,
Just one day at a time and sayin' my prayers...
Posted on: 2011/7/25 16:54

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.