Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
224 user(s) are online (190 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

vetteblondie Saturday Chat 8.13.11
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4661 Posts

Guess I'm the first one up around here so I'll get one started
Went to bed early, still sick, it was cool and raining and thundering so I opened the windows - was really nice. Now it's 3am and it's hot as hades and humid. Woke up hot and muggy. Got some laundry started, closed the windows, cranked up the air and am now surfing the net. Hopefully soon I'll be back asleep. Hoped to get the vette out with top down later but there's another chance of rain again so maybe just some groceries and other errands in the pickup, and maybe try to fix the jiggly headlight.
Or not.
Have a good day everyone.
Posted on: 2011/8/13 8:28

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

biggrizzly Re: Saturday Chat 8.13.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning VB and all! I woke up too. Couldn't sleep. Hopefully I will get a couple more zzzs myself. I cleaned the car up last night for the car show I'm going to today. The weather is supposed to be ok but possible thunderstorms later in the afternoon. Cross my fingers the rain stays away for the show.

Tommy - sounds like some real progress is being made! You'll be calling it home sooner than later. For home protection the shotgun would be my first choice. Remington or Mossberg have dependable and inexpensive shotguns for home defense. Just don't buy something with the butt stocked removed (pistol grip only) these are really unmanageable for most people. Then after the shotgun you can go buy a small chunk of shiny steel if you like. A Ruger or S&W revolver in .357/38 are simple to use and plentiful at gun shows for reasonable prices and make good night-stand guns. If you need more firepower I use a .40 cal Glock with lots of mags. I hope I never have to put any of them into real service.
Posted on: 2011/8/13 8:50

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 8.13.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Thanks for the info Don. I was thinking along the lines you presented. Shotgun for home and a handgun for mobile applications. Well I'm up before the birds and heading out in about 20 minutes. Be back by dark I guess ...... See ya, Have a gureat day everyone.
Posted on: 2011/8/13 9:58

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 8.13.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

It's been a rough past week for me time-wise. I haven't even been able to read posts, so I've been neglecting the site a bit. I'll try to catch up as soon as I can.

Went to test and tune last night. It was a sour experience for the most part. Expensive, lots of waiting around, only 3 runs. Not too happy. Car was consistent but slow. Trans governor is still out of adjustment and was revving way too high before shifting. So my supposed to be high 12 car was turning 14.5. I'll make a post later with what happened and my times. Gotta go to work.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/8/13 11:44

PeteK Re: Saturday Chat 8.13.11
Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

It's been a rough past week for me time-wise. I haven't even been able to read posts, so I've been neglecting the site a bit. I'll try to catch up as soon as I can.

Went to test and tune last night. It was a sour experience for the most part. Expensive, lots of waiting around, only 3 runs. Not too happy. Car was consistent but slow. Trans governor is still out of adjustment and was revving way too high before shifting. So my supposed to be high 12 car was turning 14.5. I'll make a post later with what happened and my times. Gotta go to work.

Matthew

Matt,
You have more patience than me.
I keep the stock governor in my car, and installed a $60 shift light inside the defroster ducts.
On the street, it runs and shifts fine.
At the strip, I can adjust it to give me the best et.
What were your 60 foot times?
They should have been in the 1.7xx range.
Posted on: 2011/8/13 12:49

1Fast04Vert Re: Saturday Chat 8.13.11
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

I am off to a car show this morning. Got the Vette all cleaned up yesterday for a Corvette only car show today. With over 227,000 on the odo mine is certainly not a show car, especially since a few C4 garage queens show up on a regular basis. Well, wish me luck anyway.
Posted on: 2011/8/13 12:56

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 8.13.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14760 Posts

Sleep issues, those are tough to get a handle on. My oldest daughter has trouble sleeping. She is wound pretty tight so I think that has a lot to do with it in her case. I have had times when I have had trouble sleeping but it was always due to anxiety over something that was going on.
Rarely does a dip in the hot tub fial to work for me. Hot shower works also.....What about Lunesta and all those I see on TV, are they real expensive?

Mowing today, had almost 3 inches of rain here yesterday so didn't get it done. Then I have to finish adding a shelf to a used desk we bought for my other daughter.

The C5 has developed an electrical whine in the cabin that I swear wasn't there when I bought it. Air is off and the radio but I still hear it. When I put my foot on the brake the whine changes pitch for a second then goes back to where it was. It isn't enough to drive me out of the car and I can always turn up the radio but it gives me something to do to try and track it down.

I did some research on it and have some places to look. AC pump, alternater, fuel pumps, seat adjusters, fans, power steering pump and the air pump.....just to name a few

Ok then let's all be about our day, enjoy Guru's!
Posted on: 2011/8/13 13:07

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 8.13.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings. I slept in good, but then again I am a seasoned professional. It's rainy and dreary, so I imagine that helped. Someday I'll be able to pay some attention to the car again, but not today.

Good luck to all with health or Vette gremlins!
Posted on: 2011/8/13 14:02

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 8.13.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Good morning gurus....I missed most of yesterdays chat, as after playing golf, I was beat. Don't know what it was, fresh air, high altitude, loss of sleep from being on vacation or all of the above, but I was dead and slept like a log.

Don, I glad that your interview went well, good luck with the outcome. Matt, that stinks. guess that's the difference between metro areas and rural areas. T&T night costs $25 and my little brother can get 7-8 passes and quit an hour or more before they close it down. Letty/Don I sure hope that your sleep issues clear up, not being able to sleep wears you down. Tommy keep plugging away, you'll have it mostly done soon. Marcus, can't imagine what it would be.

No rain yesterday here, clouded up like it was going to, but fizzled out. Not much planned here today, no golf as they are having the club tournament. Will go to church this afternoon, so we can get on the road fairly early tomorrow.

I'll try to check in later, you gurus have a great day.
Posted on: 2011/8/13 14:06

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

RickAnthony Re: Saturday Chat 8.13.11
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

Matthew

Guessing you need to work on the launch? were you spinning alot off the line? One of the problems I have, running the nitto 555 extremes.. I have to think with some sticky tires your time would drop a bit... I ran ~14.5 with my trans slipping.. I think my fastest was 13.45 and I know my car could do better with better tires and a better driver...

So don't get down on it, we'll work out the bugs and get more practice... I think most people run slow the first time out especially only getting 3 runs in...

BTW we should do the us41 corvette shoot out if they do it again this year.. I got about 7/8 runs in before it started with little wait time, I always hear rte 66 is crowded...
-=Rick
Posted on: 2011/8/13 14:53
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 8.13.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

This probably belongs in the drag racing forum:

Resized Image
Posted on: 2011/8/13 15:14

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

vetteblondie Re: Saturday Chat 8.13.11
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4661 Posts

I don't even want to know how someone got that idea in their head to begin with. Makes my, uhm... yeah, that sore....
Posted on: 2011/8/13 18:13

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 8.13.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Tommy - reading some old posts, seems like the house is getting in order.

Pete - my shifted like crap on the street...1st to 2nd at 8 mph, 2nd to 3rd at 18 or so. That's why I started trying to dial in the governor. But it's too high now. I have to back it off. My 60 ft times were 2.211/2.198 on riken street tires. I don't think I was spinning at all but it's hard to tell with helmet on and windows up. That was without loading the rpms, too. My third run I tached it up to maybe 1800? and my 60 ft was 2.262.

Rick - I'll see how the trans stuff works out, then maybe I'll be ready.

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/8/13 22:46

RickAnthony Re: Saturday Chat 8.13.11
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Tommy - reading some old posts, seems like the house is getting in order.

Pete - my shifted like crap on the street...1st to 2nd at 8 mph, 2nd to 3rd at 18 or so. That's why I started trying to dial in the governor. But it's too high now. I have to back it off. My 60 ft times were 2.211/2.198 on riken street tires. I don't think I was spinning at all but it's hard to tell with helmet on and windows up. That was without loading the rpms, too. My third run I tached it up to maybe 1800? and my 60 ft was 2.262.

Rick - I'll see how the trans stuff works out, then maybe I'll be ready.

Matthew

BTW Consistency is key with bracket racing.. so it doesn't matter if it's slow.. the one closest to their dial in time wins the round... but it's just for fun anyway...

-=Rick
Posted on: 2011/8/13 23:13
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 8.13.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Lost a friend ....... Bob ........

BOB'S FUNERAL...

Bob works hard at the office, but spends two nights each week bowling, and plays golf every Saturday.

His wife thinks he's pushing himself too hard, so for his birthday she takes him to a strip club. The doorman at the club greets them and says, "Hey, Bob...how ya' doin?"

His wife is puzzled and asks if he's been to this club before. "Oh no, he's in my bowling league," says Bob.

When they're seated, a waitress asks Bob if he'd like his usual and brings over a Budweiser.
His wife is becoming uncomfortable and says, "How did she know that you drink Bud?" Bob replies, "She's a waitress from the golf club. I always drink a Bud after the 1st nine holes, Honey."

A stripper comes over to their table, throws her arms around Bob, rubbing herself against him and says, "Hi Bobby...want your usual table dance?"

Bob's wife is furious, grabs her purse, and storms out of the club. Bob follows her getting into a cab, and jumps in beside her. Bob tries to explain that the stripper must have mistaken him for someone else, but his wife is having none of it .

She is screaming at him at the top of her lungs, calling him every 4 letter word in the book. The driver turns around and says, "Geez Bob, you picked up a real BITCH this time!"

Bob's funeral will be held on Saturday.
Posted on: 2011/8/14 0:01

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.