Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
221 user(s) are online (192 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Backspacing
A wheel dimension measured from the hub mounting surface to the inner sidewall of the tire, usually measured in Inches. It determines how much tire ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

biggrizzly Thursday Chat - 08.25.2011
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning Friends!

I couldn't sleep! The weather predictions are getting me worked up. I have been planning this weekend in Carlisle for a whole year. I have arranged and worked with various people to bring 59 cars to the Corvette Club of America tent area this year and now its crumbling fast. Corvette people seem to run and duck at the first sign of foul weather and I hope that doesn't kill us too fast.

I still plan to go up tonight but I have a good chance that I'll be driving up in a thunder storm. It supposed to clear up a little tomorrow but then the hurricane effect weather will be coming in on Saturday afternoon / evening.

I also live in an area that it is good to be around in foul weather just in case Murphy decides to pay you a visit. This in itself may cause me to cut the weekend short and come back home on Saturday afternoon.

Noting like an earthquake and a hurricane all in the same week to spoil your fun!!!

OK - I'm over it! I'm still looking forward to meeting anyone that ventures up to Carlisle over the weekend.
Posted on: 2011/8/25 9:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

JeffK Re: Thursday Chat - 08.25.2011
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

I'm sorry for everyone that is going to Carlisle. This situation really sucks.

Nothing much going on here. Our system at work has been down since yesterday at around 10am so it's been interesting. Taking it back to the time when all you had was a pen and paper.

I'm loving this morning weather we have been having.
Posted on: 2011/8/25 11:38

djxib Re: Thursday Chat - 08.25.2011
Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

I agree the weather situation sucks for Carlisle - I intend to make it up there from ATL one year.

Work wise calmed down a bit so I am going to sneak out to the garage for a couple hours to continue working on the Vette - just a long list of small stuff remaining (radiator shroud, header bolts/AC bracket stuff, plugs and wires, Throttle cable and ASR, replace broken coolant sensor, plumb supercharger oil feed and return, trans fluid fill, finalize hood clearance, finalize supercharger pipe configuration and send pipes for welding the alky nozzle / bov, help my son fab up the exhaust, burn new chip). Should have all that done by lunchtime...
Posted on: 2011/8/25 11:52

1996 Greenwood Collectors Edition LT4

Previously 1992 Convertible Polo Green. 383 LT1/LT4 forged/balanced. V7-YSi, Alky. 608RWHP... Now sitting at a dismantler with a salvage title. Still runs...

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat - 08.25.2011
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Sorry to hear about your weather woes, Don. I hope it works out for you. I am still envious of you guys going to Carlisle, rain or not!

Went for a nice little bike/run combo last night. Felt good to hit the road again since I haven't run since last week. I need to get back into my routine.

Been looking for vacation packages for next year and it's making my head spin. The prices and different hotels are all over the place. Oh well, I'll figure it out.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/8/25 11:53

pianoguy Re: Thursday Chat - 08.25.2011
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Good morning! Another beauty here, low 80's and sunny, low humidity. I'd like to bottle some of this to unleash in mid-winter. Hope your Carlisle weather provides pleasant surprises, Don. You'd think Mother Nature would have more respect for Corvettes ;-)

Have a good day, everybody!
Posted on: 2011/8/25 12:15

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Thursday Chat - 08.25.2011
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14760 Posts

Damn that bad weather, full steam ahead is what I say....but take your car cover Don..... We have a semi outside wedding coming up in Oct so am already placing orders for a nice day......we will see how that works.

I'm shot.....it always happens this time of the year. I just want to sit and stare at the wall.....it has been a long hot summer and its time for a break. Yes it's time for a Do Nothing But Fun Shit Tour to begin. I will need some advice from Bill how to do it since it has evolved into a life style for him......

Hope everyone has a good day, I know some of you are struggling with health issues and our problems are not much in comparison to what you are facing. I hope and pray for your complete recoveries.

Onward and upward Guru's!
Posted on: 2011/8/25 12:51

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

BillH Re: Thursday Chat - 08.25.2011
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

It's Thursday, right?

Well wishes for the weather to hold off for the Carlisle guys.

Hot here, high 90's, humidity's up too (21%).
I'm headed to the racetrack Saturday, it's supposed to be 101 there. I'm leaving the C4 in the garage and taking the Silverado so I can sit in the a/c inbetween sessions.

The DNBFS Tour continues but I have done a little work here and there, yesterday I put the laundry in the washer (had to) and moved it from the washer to the dryer. Today I may take it out of the dryer, maybe.

DNBFS is easy Marcus AFTER you get started, it takes committment. First you have to get over the guilt trip of doing nothing, after that it's easier.

BTW, DNBFS is in no way related to S&S (sit & stare). DNBFS is about doing FS. S&S should be illegal.
Posted on: 2011/8/25 13:27

vetteblondie Re: Thursday Chat - 08.25.2011
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4661 Posts

Bill I'll trade you weather, our temps have been in upper 90s with humidity close to the same.
You start sweating the very second you open your front door.
Don, I hope things work out weather wise for your weekend too.
Today is my Friday, dread going to work but hopefully the day will be over with soon.
Have a good one.
Posted on: 2011/8/25 13:34

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

BillH Re: Thursday Chat - 08.25.2011
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Bill I'll trade you weather, our temps have been in upper 90s with humidity close to the same.
You start sweating the very second you open your front door.

I grew up on the east coast, Letty and didn't even like the weather when I was a little kid.

One of the main reasons I moved here was the weather.

But I do kinda miss the east coast back roads for crusing.
Posted on: 2011/8/25 13:38

teebee Re: Thursday Chat - 08.25.2011
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Morning guys.. a short break here. Students are pretty good so far, I've got the one class working on the computers, one learning the program and the other two working on things they had started last year.

Going to be hot again today. I hope the worst of things miss you Don. Letty, I hope you get some relief as well. Marcus/Bill do a little nothing for me.
Posted on: 2011/8/25 13:50

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

biggrizzly Re: Thursday Chat - 08.25.2011
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

I'm in a good mood! I just talked to some friends that are already up there and things look good for the next day or two. Saturday will be precarious. I'll probably pack it up and come back home on Saturday evening.

Also - on another note. If anyone needs a deep pan for an L460 or 700R I will be selling my Derale deep transmission pan. In my opinion this pan is worthless for Corvettes intended for street use. I knew it was the lowest point on the car when I installed it and had a few people tell me it would be problematic too. Teusday night I put the car up on the lift at Sport Chevrolet and did a bottom inspection and I already have two dents in the pan and the drain plug is bent back a bit as if it hit something... perhaps putting it on or off the lifts over the past couple months. It has been to several shops and on and off lifts and when you drive it over the lifting arms they can catch low hanging objects if the operator is not careful.

So... I'm going back to the factory pan. I have the largest B&M Cooler I could find and the transmission temps have been very low during every data scan, so I feel confident it will be just fine without the additional fluid.
Posted on: 2011/8/25 16:28

Vetron87 Re: Thursday Chat - 08.25.2011
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Great day! I have been riding my Trek Bike for a month for some good cardio and to loose 20 pounds. I can usually get in 10-15 miles daily. I start at 6:30am, as I watched the school buses on the road carrying high school kids, some smart ass yells at me at a stop light something you Motherf(*^$%, my immediate response without thinking "keep your mother off the streets it wouldn't happen. The kid was in shock the whole bus goes nuts. Uh.. I haven't lost it yet! Another kid yells out lets kick his ass!! Another kid in the bus says no, no he's an x SEAL he would kill all of us for fun and then our parents!! My dad knows him. Gawd is that cool!
Worked on the vette, changed oil in my wife's Fusion and cut the grass. Going to Olive Garden for dinner Endless pasta and salad.
Posted on: 2011/8/25 21:06

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4661 Posts

Wonderful!

(don't ask me what I said to the poor check out kid at Kroger the other day....)
Posted on: 2011/8/25 21:33

Resized Image

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

Wonderful!

(don't ask me what I said to the poor check out kid at Kroger the other day....)

Soooo Letty tell us! I love this kinda stuff. People never speak up anymore or tell it the way it is!
Posted on: 2011/8/26 1:28

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Hey Ron, when will they learn? Sitting waiting for my wife toget out of her meeting. I figured she'd be out by now.
Posted on: 2011/8/26 1:32

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Posting from the phone is a little like trying to suck a thick milkshake through a straw.
Posted on: 2011/8/26 1:34

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Posting from the phone is a little like trying to suck a thick milkshake through a straw.
Posted on: 2011/8/26 1:34

Resized Image

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

TB how are your classes going? Thought I might miss it when school started yesterday but nah lifes good now.
Posted on: 2011/8/26 1:36

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Going pretty good. Same old sh!t 33rd round
Posted on: 2011/8/26 1:40

Resized Image

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Have to go to a luncheon tomorrow afternnon with my college "professor" wife. She is in charge of Student Teachers. Not really my thing but she likes it when I go with her. They have a veggian lunch menu. The director is a vegetarian and let her take on the military prejudice show at the last luncheon. After last years luncheon she made her rounds from table to table and wanted to know all about the background of the spouses of her professors. Awkward moment! I told her simply that I was a teacher, and she wanted to know if I was a conscientious objector... hum.... told her I worked with a small team of guys in south east asia about peace, love and kumbayah. Helping the people in small villages understand ear hygiene
She was clueless. She wanted to know if I was a PETA member and I said yes (people eating tasty animals). Wonder what will happen tomorrow? Should be interesting.
Posted on: 2011/8/26 1:58

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:

I got a new phone Tuesday an HTC something with apps. Haven't tried posting yet, can't figure out to make a call yet..wonder if its waterproof?
Posted on: 2011/8/26 2:04

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4661 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

Wonderful!

Soooo Letty tell us! I love this kinda stuff. People never speak up anymore or tell it the way it is!

This might be kinda gross but first, keep in mind I am the only girl working with four guys so I hear it all.
Apparently there was a lady in front of me who asked to have her watermelon put into her large purse so it would be easier for her to carry to the car. Another soon after asked for something else to be put in her purse.
Well, here I come buying meat, veggies, tuna, salmon, etc.... and panty liners (you can probably guess where this is headed)... the check out kid might have been 18, the bagger was maybe that old. They were still laughing at the watermelon lady in front of me when the check out kid asked if i wanted the fish in my purse. He thought I'd heard the other stuff which transpired in front of me. I'd not. I told him, "no that would be kinda gross - besides - did you ask me that because I purchased panty liners also that would be going into my purse?"..... The checkout kid stuttered a lot and apologized profusely. The kid bagging dropped what he was holding and covered his mouth with both hands and turned around to keep from laughing out loud.
I couldn't help myself. It just rolled straight out of my mouth and I was poker faced as I could be.
I grabbed my stuff, gave the grocery bagging kid a smile and wink and calmly walked out of the store and laughed like hell when I got into the car
Posted on: 2011/8/27 2:44

Resized Image

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

Wonderful!

This might be kinda gross but first, keep in mind I am the only girl working with four guys so I hear it all.
Apparently there was a lady in front of me who asked to have her watermelon put into her large purse so it would be easier for her to carry to the car. Another soon after asked for something else to be put in her purse.
Well, here I come buying meat, veggies, tuna, salmon, etc.... and panty liners (you can probably guess where this is headed)... the check out kid might have been 18, the bagger was maybe that old. They were still laughing at the watermelon lady in front of me when the check out kid asked if i wanted the fish in my purse. He thought I'd heard the other stuff which transpired in front of me. I'd not. I told him, "no that would be kinda gross - besides - did you ask me that because I purchased panty liners also that would be going into my purse?"..... The checkout kid stuttered a lot and apologized profusely. The kid bagging dropped what he was holding and covered his mouth with both hands and turned around to keep from laughing out loud.
I couldn't help myself. It just rolled straight out of my mouth and I was poker faced as I could be.
I grabbed my stuff, gave the grocery bagging kid a smile and wink and calmly walked out of the store and laughed like hell when I got into the car

Good Job Letty! Speaking of panty liners! When my daughter was @ Purdue periodically I would go down to see her alone (my wife had work conflict) and I would pick her up stuff for her (care package). One such occassion she needed that kind of stuff the check out kid at Kroger and bagger was having some fun with it. I told him they were excellent for soaking up small caliber gun shot wounds because of the wings.
Posted on: 2011/8/27 20:15

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4661 Posts

Not to be personal but in a time of necessity, I was given one at work one time - "wings" and all... what the hell????
I went into the restroom, and immediately came back out and went back in with a pair of scissors. Just what the hell is all that shit for??? And I'm a WOMAN asking this! That damned thing looked like one of those bandages you see on a newborn when the umbilical cord gets cut.
Posted on: 2011/8/27 22:45

Resized Image

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Wow Letty! On the serious side of this topic, on long missions in Vietnam we packed Modess or Tampax pads to control severe bleeding from deep chest wounds or any kind of major wounds. They would absorb, keep insects out and were sterile out of the package. Fortunitly we only had to use it once. Better than the crap we were issued from the Koren war era. Now they are standard issue in the a med pak in an olive drab green package instead of the pink or light blue packaging.
I bet you never thought this would be a topic on CG did ya.
BTW tampons were used in severe facial trama where a nose was missing or severe nose bleeds or large caliber bullet wounds. Pretty cool!
Posted on: 2011/8/28 2:21

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4661 Posts

That's kinda cool. I never thought about that kind of usage for those, but it does make quite a lot of sense, actually.
Sooooo.... let's see.... what else can we use, say... rubbers for?????
haha!
Posted on: 2011/8/28 4:29

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.