Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
295 user(s) are online (258 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  DIC
Driver Information Center.

This is the display readout panel on the dash. It’s above the radio for 1984-1989; above the climate controls, 1990-...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 01.15.12
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Wow, can you believe the month is half over already??? I'm amazed by that.

Still cold outside but hasn't really dumped any more snow on us.

Picked up a new battery tender the other day and hooked that up. I just got the cheap HF version with the coupon so we'll see how that hold up.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2012/1/15 12:50

captmike13 Re: Sunday Chat 01.15.12
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

It's cold here this morning too. 7*. That reminds me I need to get my tender out for the car. Looks like it will be mostly sunny but cold.

Hope y'all have a good day.
Posted on: 2012/1/15 13:04

captmike13@yahoo.com
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 01.15.12
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Cool. In the 50's today.
Good marning gang.
We have a tenant that's supposed to turn in their keys today. They're breaking the lease. Last week they said they knew they had to forfit the deposit. Last night they called and said. I have three people to rent the place. Give me my money. Ahh ... No. We haven't met the people, interviewed the people, taken ay money from the people, signed a lease with the people. The lady went off in a tirade. My wife simply told her, quit screaming at me. You give me my money. No! That's not the way it's done. Read your lease agreement. So , that's the way we start our day. Tenant dispute with possible legal ramifications. People are funny. They sign a legally binding contract then try to rewrite the rules. I wish I could use forceful eviction or sent Bruno over and give them a choice. Either you leave now or you don't leave, period.

Honey .... go pick up twenty five bags of concrete.

Alas ... We'll have to let this one work its way through the legal system.
Posted on: 2012/1/15 13:36

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 01.15.12
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! Sounds like a fun day, Tommy - not! The hallway is all prepped, so I'll be painting today. Will try not to kill myself on the stairs. Maybe I should paint the stairway first - that way at least I have a chance of not having to finish the job.

Have a good day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2012/1/15 14:44

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 01.15.12
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Yes I found out early being a landlord takes a special gift....and I did not have it. My wife took things over when we got married and she did a great job but the best day for us was when we sold the rentals and moved on.

Good morning Guru's......sunny but windy here with the high supposed to be at 50 degrees....maybe a Corvette drive later this afternoon.

Just read a good article in Corvette Mag about Corvette chassie development over the generations. As you know the C4 was going to be fine until Reuss told them to take out the T-tops and the structural regidity that added. It turned out good but they had to work hard to make it as stiff as it was originally designed. They also think that all the C7's will have aluminum frames after the success that the Z06's and ZR1's have had.......

Took Ultraboy down to our tree and brush dump on our property and set up some targets and spent a couple of hours burning up ammo. We mostly plinked with .22's but had my Colt Commander .38 Super and another .38 plus my .30-.30 Winchester 94.....We had a great time and he is a pretty good shot.....he says its all those war games he plays on his Playstation......I told him he inherited his abilities from his old man........and so on it goes out here in the Heartlands.......

Church and nap and then I don't know what....have a good day off Guru's!
Posted on: 2012/1/15 14:54

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

BillH Re: Sunday Chat 01.15.12
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

54 today, 36 tomorrow, 50 Tuesday, makes sense,right?

Good luck Tommy, keep an eye on em so they don't use up the deposit by trashing the place.
Posted on: 2012/1/15 15:03

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 01.15.12
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Here you go........this is how good that Dark Magic coffee is......

Posted on: 2012/1/15 15:28

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 01.15.12
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I saw in AutoWeek that one of these is being sold at Barrett-Jackson - what a cool-looking car. The back end has a little bit of C1 in it, and then there is the split window in the back:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/applic ... spx?ln=5002&aid=443&pop=0
Posted on: 2012/1/15 15:47

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 01.15.12
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Morning guys....I already have church under my belt this morning.

I've had many people here in town badger me about buying this old house or that house and fixing it up to rent. I don't want to get in that position. I know there is money to make in that business, I just don't like going through the situations that Tommy is going through this morning.

Supposed to be nice today, into the upper 50's maybe low 60's. I need to wash my pickup, it hasn't been this dirty since I bought it.
Posted on: 2012/1/15 15:47

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Agreed Brad, that is one beautiful car.
Posted on: 2012/1/15 15:55

Resized Image

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
I saw in AutoWeek that one of these is being sold at Barrett-Jackson - what a cool-looking car.

Why buy that, Brad, when you could get this:

Attach file:

jpg  116021_Front_3-4_Web.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2012/1/15 16:14

j3studio Re: Sunday Chat 01.15.12
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

18 degrees here ...

... no further comment.
Posted on: 2012/1/15 16:14

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Returned from the rental unit, talked with one of the leasees by phone. She promices to be out by 04:00 PM today. Stress city. Of course, this is all my fault because I did this and didn't do that. Next, my wife asks if she can take the red Corvette to go look at a job site. Why not? It should be OK. I ask if she wants to drop the top. Sure she says. Pop the top, lower it. and go to latch the lid. Passenger side won't lock in place. Did you check to see if it was functional when you picked it up when the wiring harness was replaced? ....... Ah, No!. The wiring was working properly and it was triggering the latch. Ooops. My fault. Broken latch. When it goes right all is well. When it goes wrong ........... I know they can't all be good days but damn if I don't hate the bad ones. As the stomach turns .......

Attach file:

jpg  Last wishes.jpg (152.29 KB)
852_4f1300c7c9c6e.jpg 325X500 px
Posted on: 2012/1/15 16:37

biggrizzly Re: Sunday Chat 01.15.12
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Afternoon All,

I just got home from the Sunday morning cruise-in in Annapolis, MD. Still not as good as the Northern VA cruise-in but it will do. It's fun talking to all the car guys about this and that. There was a guy there with a stock M3 that thought it would beat my car. I don't think so, but will have to look into that.

Weather is sunny and 35 here today. Halfway through the month and looking good so far. No snow yet!!!

Tommy - Sorry about the tenant problems. My dad went through this when I was younger. We tried to get them out for three months after a default and then they stole all the appliances and toilet one night when they decided to up and move before the official eviction. Hope it works out good for you guys. I have thought about renting my house out and moving closer to where I work but I'm afraid of people trashing the house or not paying their rent.

Posted on: 2012/1/15 16:56

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

We tried to sell. No buyers. Renting out till the market turns ..... One day. I hate renting out properties. I know people that own multiple units and have done well through the years. I just don't like dealing with late payors or deadbeats, the court system and all the hassles in general. I'll be happy when it's sold and gone but until that day ..... I'm so stressed today I'm vibrating. I detest this feeling. Well, such is life. Trying to keep myself distracted by doing a few things that need to get done, like paying bills. Maybe work on the boat a little later or play with the red Corvette when she brings it back home. If all goes well I'll have some locks to change at the end of the day ....... Sheesh.
Posted on: 2012/1/15 17:12

CorvetteBob Re: Sunday Chat 01.15.12
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

It sounds like you guys have everything well in hand. I'm taking two whole days off this weekend to let my knee rest up from the workweek. It's the left one and has some cartilage damage and now arthritis. I haven't had much time for posting this week so I'll catch up by saying I'm back to being a one toy guy again. Last week I sold off the Chevelle and I'm gonna bring the Vette home in a couple months. In the mean time, last Monday , I finally ordered a Kwiklift, and I'm still looking at OBD 1&2 diagnostic stuff. I'm thinking I'll prolly go with the Innova 3140.

My reason for going w/ a Kwiklift is I've only got a 9' ceiling in the garage and less with the door up. By the time I put the Suburban on there, That won't leave much room, so why buy anything that can go much higher and be a damage problem waiting to happen?

Automotively, The Y2K Impala has developed an antifreeze smell in the cabin, and last week after sitting in traffic for a good while, it puked coolant on the driveway by its rf tire. I have a feeling I'm gonna be pulling the heatercore for sure, and maybe getting the radiator cleaned out as well. It's got 112,000 miles. We bought it 4 years ago and I don't think it had the best of care before we got it. Just for curiosity, I went to the dealership and he quoted me, get this, $900 to put in a heatercore. He then added, it's more likely the lower intake gasket which is closer to 1300 bux! I get the feeling that when I wear a Univ of Cincinnati hat, most people see that as reading, "STOOPID". Now I know why I do my own work. Btw, I did the lower intake a couple years ago, no probs since.

So now I'm off to enjoy a lazy azz day and ponder the meaning of life.
You guys have a great one.
Posted on: 2012/1/15 17:56

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

CorvetteBob wrote:
So now I'm off to enjoy a lazy azz day and ponder the meaning of life.

I try not to spend too much time doing that. Whatever I dream up is ALWAYS wrong. I replace that by doing something. ... Anything ... The more I stay out of my head the better.
Posted on: 2012/1/15 18:04

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I just watched the Monterey Historic Races at Laguna Seca.

Unreal- Brian Johnson driving a Can-Am car - that's Brian Johnson the lead singer from AC/DC.

Then my buddie, Chris won the Formula 1 race in his 82 March.

Attach file:

jpg  2006-03-23 01-30-52_0037.JPG (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2012/1/15 18:19

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

CorvetteBob wrote:
I went to the dealership and he quoted me, get this, $900 to put in a heatercore. He then added, it's more likely the lower intake gasket which is closer to 1300 bux! .

Most dealerships try this crap = there aren't many good dealerships out there.

Sounds like fun though.

http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/2qemh ... re-2000-chevy-impala.html
Posted on: 2012/1/15 18:26

j3studio Re: Sunday Chat 01.15.12
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:

Unreal- Brian Johnson driving a Can-Am car - that's Brian Johnson the lead singer from AC/DC.

We watched that too, so we wouldn't have to watch any of the football pre-game shows. I love the variety of cars.
Posted on: 2012/1/15 18:28

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

j3studio wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

We watched that too, so we wouldn't have to watch any of the football pre-game shows. I love the variety of cars.

It blows you away to walk thru the paddock and gaulk at the cars. With over 500 cars there, it's crowded, parking is a pain.

The track's a blast, I've run there many times, it's my second favorite track.
Posted on: 2012/1/15 19:11

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

The tenants claim they will turn over the keys tonight with no problems. Could be because we threatened legal action. That could cost them thousands because we would win. The boat got a new battery, removed a filter in the uptalke line because it's not needed as I have a filter /water seperator. Talked to the fuel guy. He'll be out later in the week to pump out my boats gas tank. It's not pretty in there. Moisture/water, algae, old nasty ethanol fuel. Out it comes with a fill up of ethanol free gas. The deck latch on the red Corvette is hanging up but I have a manual bypass at this point. I'll have to dig in deeper to find out what to repair/replace. Keep moving forward, one foot in front of the other. Better days ahead. ........ Maybe.
Posted on: 2012/1/15 23:56

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

AAAaaaaannnnnkk! Keys tomorrow at 09:00AM. They're not done moving. I'll be glad when it's over. We have new locks ready to go. PITA
Posted on: 2012/1/16 0:49

vetteblondie Re: Sunday Chat 01.15.12
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

Sorry to hear of your rental issues, Tommy. Me and the ex had some lower income rental houses and here in Arkansas, I swear every time someone moves out you have to rebuild the place and get rid of roaches. Never seen anything like it here. People leave places trashed. I always clean up if I move.
Hope everyone had a good weekend. Nice weather here last couple days but didnt' get the car cleaned. Just been to the gym, work and home.
Posted on: 2012/1/16 1:03

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 01.15.12
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Sorry about your renter woes, Tommy.

Bob - my old monte carlo had the intake manifold leak....good luck!

Matthew
Posted on: 2012/1/16 1:44

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Got my pickup washed and cleaned up this afternoon. Glad to have that done, it was filthy.
Posted on: 2012/1/16 2:01

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.