Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
293 user(s) are online (251 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Grand Sport
RPO Z16.

A one year special. 1000 were made to honor both the end of the C4 and the original racers, called Grand Sports, from 1963.

All were...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Saturday Chat 07.21.12
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well the weather yesterday was wonderful, about 81* for the high. At night it was in the low 70s, perfect sleeping weather. We had the windows open all day yesterday and it makes the house so fresh and comfortable. Today will be 92* again and higher for the rest of the week. Oh well.

It's been over a week now since I've touched a weight and it's killing me. That's the longest in literally years since I've been able to lift. But I know I have to let my back heal from pulling it or else it will just get worse. Usually about two weeks at least. I might jump on the recumbent bike just to get some exercise.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2012/7/21 11:28

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 07.21.12
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Posted on: 2012/7/21 11:28

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 07.21.12
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I literally have a hundered NES ganmes about 70 SNES games and a dozen N-64 games. I have all kinds of accessories for the NES and SNES. They sit tucked away in my closet for when I'm retired and have all the time to read, watch videos and play video games. In the three and a half years I've been off the job I think I've had about an hour and a half of game time. I watch fewer movies now and read less than ever. Something is seriously out of whack.
Posted on: 2012/7/21 11:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 07.21.12
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

We have mostlly N 64 games but no functioning console that works....should get a good used one....Me and the kids enjoyed the Mario games and the Star Wars games.

Matt you will be suprised how strong you will be when you come off this week of rest. Those micro fibers are healing and rebuilding and that's what you want.

Well no lawn to mow which is a mixed blessing since we don't get to enjoy a nice green lawn. Now it looks like it does all winter....brown.

Office work today and then I don't know. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 105 with a 30 mph wind......whatever dryland crop isn't dead now will be after that. Even the old timers are saying not since the 30's or mid 50's have they seen it like this.

Seems like a lot of bad shit going on right now and its easy to get discouraged but you gotta look to what is right in your life and thank the Lord for what you got.

Stay out of trouble Guru's.....
Posted on: 2012/7/21 12:33

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

BillH Re: Saturday Chat 07.21.12
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I played some of the video games in the bars, Star Wars, Pac Man, etc.

I never bought the controlers and stuff though.
I remember playing a few of these games at friends houses and thought it was kinda boring.

I know the reason I never bought Super Mario Karts is because I was racing Karts.
Posted on: 2012/7/21 13:21

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Posted on: 2012/7/21 13:40

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
We have mostlly N 64 games but no functioning console that works....should get a good used one....Me and the kids enjoyed the Mario games and the Star Wars games.

Matt you will be suprised how strong you will be when you come off this week of rest. Those micro fibers are healing and rebuilding and that's what you want.

I've taken breaks before...this is more forced. It is good to rest your body, though. Usually when I start back I'm weak the first couple days then see good gains.
Posted on: 2012/7/21 13:46

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 07.21.12
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Morning guys....late night home from the ball game. My Royals lost in 11. Fireworks after the game were pretty awesome though.

The trip yesterday was basically uneventful, but the driver door electric lock, quit working. I checked all 6 fuses which have to do with the electric locks, they are OK. Works right up to where we stop to eat then after coming out 20 minutes later, it doesn't. What a piece.
Posted on: 2012/7/21 14:05

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

We have old Intellivision and some other stupid console. I was never into playing games (still would rather not).

Posted on: 2012/7/21 14:08

Resized Image

KPotter Re: Saturday Chat 07.21.12
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

The only video games I ever played much were Tetris and Dr. Mario. I just couldn't get into them. Now pinball on the other hand, that's another story. I suck at it but really enjoy playing. I would like to have a machine at home but the one I want wuns about $6000 used. Medieval Madness, awesome machine.
Posted on: 2012/7/21 14:23

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Da-danah dun,dahna nah! I broke out my multimeter and went to the control panel of the jacuzzi. It requires 240 volts. Meter showed 120. I pulled out my stove which wasn't getting the right voltage either. Tested the outlet. Something was wrong. Called my electrician. The breaker was bad on the jacuzzi, the wiring was wrong on the stove. The jacuzzi fired up and the stove now works right. All I neeed is a new GFI breaker for the jacuzzi and fix two small water leaks and I'm good to go. The oven and stove should now work like a champ. I love days when stuff goes right and it isn't even noon yet.
Posted on: 2012/7/21 14:32

Huskerland
14746 Posts

We always wanted to get a pinball game also but they were more money then we wanted to spend for a good one.....Star Wars of course.....I enjoy pinball much more then vid games.
Posted on: 2012/7/21 14:34

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Attach file:

gif  star_wars_de.gif (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2012/7/21 15:00

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 07.21.12
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! We got some unexpected rain, and for some reason the innerweb was casters-up this morning. Great to hear you got your problem sorted out, Tommy! And Tom, sorry about the Twinklers last night - they rarely come out on top in those close games lately. Not much on the agenda today other than visiting my wife's cousin at the hospital later -he had a massive heart attack and they did't think he was going to make it, but seems to be out of the woods now.

We've had lots of video games over the years, wish I had a nickel for every dollar we've spent on them. Had the original Pong way back, then Intellivision, Atari 2600, then all the various Nintendo consoles. I wish we still had the first NES - we had lots of games for it and I loved the first Mario Brothers game. The kids talked us into trading all that in when we bought Super Nintendo, which of course gave way to Nintendo 3. And then the Playstations. I don't think I've touched any of them since Super Mario Kart. I was hooked on pinball when I was a kid - I'd love to have the Corvette pinball game, but wouldn't shell out $3500 or whatever they're going for nowadays.

Enjoy your day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2012/7/21 15:00

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Even better.

Attach file:

jpg  fo.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2012/7/21 15:03

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Forgot to mention, I saw a nice article in the latest Vette magazine about Dan Francis' '67 - first few pics in Matt's Bloomington Gold post from a couple years ago show it. What a sweet car:

http://www.corvette-guru.com/modules/ ... =&topic_id=12275&forum=61
Posted on: 2012/7/21 15:07

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Even better.

We just got rid of our old foosball table a few years ago. A friend used to work for a company that distributed games to bars, etc., and sold me a well-used table for $25. We had it for about 20 years, so I guess I got my money's worth. I was never particularly good at it, but had some friends who were magicians on those tables.
Posted on: 2012/7/21 15:11

vetteblondie Re: Saturday Chat 07.21.12
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Well no lawn to mow which is a mixed blessing since we don't get to enjoy a nice green lawn. Now it looks like it does all winter....brown.

Tomorrow it is supposed to be 105 with a 30 mph wind......whatever dryland crop isn't dead now will be after that. Even the old timers are saying not since the 30's or mid 50's have they seen it like this.

Seems like a lot of bad shit going on right now and its easy to get discouraged but you gotta look to what is right in your life and thank the Lord for what you got.

Stay out of trouble Guru's.....

We're under a drought warning, then it rained nicely for about four days in a row, now it's back up to 100+.All my stuff I got excited and planted has either died or stopped in it's tracks. Heck, even the one house plant that was doing nicely is half dead. My tomatoes wont' get any bigger, they stay small then ripen. My blooming plants that are in the shade are even dying no matter how much I water them. There's some money down the toilet. My yard is brown also but keeps it from having to be mowed. I'm tired of trying. Those that grow things around here are having a hard time. I've seen one really nice corn field, no telling what that guy spends on it. Most around here the ears are small and hardly any kernels in there.
I don't understand all the bad things going on lately, either. Issues in my personal life are enough then every single time I look on the computer, turn on the tv or open the newspaper or listen to the radio, some bad thing has happened somewhere. Is there any good left amymore?
Posted on: 2012/7/21 15:29

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2012/7/21 15:44

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Sounds rough down there, Letty! We've had just the opposite here - lots of heat, but the corn is enormous and I have to mow my damn lawn every 3 days. And all the flowers, etc. seem to be about a month ahead of schedule.
Posted on: 2012/7/21 15:47

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

I'm with you Marcus, I'd rather play pinball. But they are expensive to buy decent ones. I was never very good at foosball either. Was just over to a friends' house the other night and they have an air hockey game. I always enjoyed playing it.
Posted on: 2012/7/21 15:56

Resized Image

Huskerland
14746 Posts

Yeah there is a lot good going on you just don't hear anybody saying anything about that because it don't sell newspapers or web time......

Next in the news....Mrs Jacobson was given a clean bill of health today as her cancer has been in remission for 5 years.

....the happily married couple are celebrating 50 years of marrage today....

....Jim Smith 76 years young reported that his new Corvette was a dream come true.....

...the proud parents of triplets moved into their new home larger home today.....

......the father of 5 has been clean and sober for 5 years now and has found new purpose in life in helping others....

.....Dad...I had to call you...we are going to have a baby....

Yeah...that's the good stuff....

Posted on: 2012/7/21 16:08

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Yeah there is a lot good going on you just don't hear anybody saying anything about that because it don't sell newspapers or web time......

Next in the news....Mrs Jacobson was given a clean bill of health today as her cancer has been in remission for 5 years.

....the happily married couple are celebrating 50 years of marrage today....

....Jim Smith 76 years young reported that his new Corvette was a dream come true.....

...the proud parents of triplets moved into their new home larger home today.....

......the father of 5 has been clean and sober for 5 years now and has found new purpose in life in helping others....

.....Dad...I had to call you...we are going to have a baby....

Yeah...that's the good stuff....

This.
Posted on: 2012/7/21 16:12

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Even better.

We just got rid of our old foosball table a few years ago. A friend used to work for a company that distributed games to bars, etc., and sold me a well-used table for $25. We had it for about 20 years, so I guess I got my money's worth. I was never particularly good at it, but had some friends who were magicians on those tables.

For about 3 years, my bud and I hardly ever paid for a beer in the bars. We'd play for 3 hours sometimes.
Some of the guys who knew us wouldn't even play with us.

The guys that spun the handles had a very rough time keeping up.
Posted on: 2012/7/21 17:44

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

The Mario kart in my shed is like this one.

Posted on: 2012/7/21 17:46

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Finally, 2 - C2 doors ready for paint and assembly.

I found out the hard way that you have to shoot self etching primer outside and have to stay upwind of it. Just the worse paint I've ever used.

Attach file:

jpg  2006-03-08 01-35-48_0002.JPG (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2012/7/21 19:20

1Fast04Vert Re: Saturday Chat 07.21.12
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Just got back from a Toys 4 Tots in July show. Only about 20 cars showed up, probably due to the t/storms in the forecast. We are getting t/storms and heavy rain at least twice a day and it is beginning to feel like we live in a swamp. Rather unusual for this time of year.
Posted on: 2012/7/21 19:55

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

How's this for an engine?
I was watching a show on the Umiak icebreaker that makes runs to a nickle mine in Labrador.

They didn't state the cylinder bore but the stroke is 15 feet.

There's doors in the block so you can walk in and inspect the crakk & rods.

7 cylinder, 33,000 horsepower.

Redline - 91 RPM

Oil system capacity - 8,000 gallons
And the oil is never changed for the life of the ship.
Posted on: 2012/7/21 21:45

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Not big in to the video games as an adult. Played a lot when I was a kid, though. I have a playstation 2 (I think?) that I never turn on.

Tommy - glad you were able to get those things worked out.
Posted on: 2012/7/21 22:06

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

My darling wife had to throw another log into the fire today around 04:00 PM. She decided today was the day she wanted me to take down the ceiling fans on the patio, return them to HD, get two new ceiling fans and put them up. My enthusiasm for this project pegged at about 3 1/2. We just put them up 10 months ago and one of the fans was acting up and running slow. Finally got to sit down at 09:00 PM. The new fans are up and running. I looked on my list of things I planned to do today and that wasn't on it.
Put what I WAS working on on hold. I'm pretty much single project oriented. I like to take care of one thing at a time then move on to the next. If this sounds like I'm whining ITS BECAUSE I AM. Just one day I wish there wasn't other logs to throw on the fire. Nah ..... Wishful thinking. I guess the good news is I had a productive day and got several things accomplished. Oh ya, HD gave us a full refund for both fans since they didn't have one to replace for the matched pair. We bought nicer ones for more money.
Posted on: 2012/7/22 1:52

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Letty .... How do you feel about Pink Flamingos yard art and plastic flowers?
Posted on: 2012/7/22 1:56

vetteblondie Re: Saturday Chat 07.21.12
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Letty .... How do you feel about Pink Flamingos yard art and plastic flowers?

That will be the next things I buy to put out there. They do sell those pink flamingoes around here too
Posted on: 2012/7/22 16:16

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.