Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Cigarette Lighter
Does it work?

If not, the fuse is hidden… behind the Driver Information Center (DIC) on the 1984-1989, and under the right knee bolster on the ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Sat. Chat 04.27.13
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33776 Posts

Good morning.

Thay about sums it up ............
Posted on: 2013/4/27 11:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Sat. Chat 04.27.13
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Had a hard time falling asleep last night. I guess because wifey wasn't home, she picked up an afternoon shift at work. Once she got home around midnight I did fall asleep. Go figure.

Not sure if I mentioned it a few days ago, but we have recently had a problem with the 19 year old boy across the street driving like a fool and racing around in his new sports car. On Monday he and his friend literally lined up in front of my house and drag raced down the street at 1 in the afternoon while I was walking RR#2 home from the park. So last night I saw his dad and gave him a heads up about what was going on. Obviously dad had no idea since he is at work/not around and he was pretty flabbergasted. Now we all remember being 19 (except Tommy, it was too long ago), but drag racing in your own residential neighborhood was a no-no. Dad said he would handle the issue so I hope that's over.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2013/4/27 11:48

KPotter Re: Sat. Chat 04.27.13
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

Good morning gang.

Looking like a great day for some sprint car racing tonight.

Matt, I fully understand the sleep thing. Back when I was married, if any of my girls was out late I was awake. That included the wife, daughter, 2 sisters-in-law, and a girl that was living with us for a while. Didn't matter which one was out, I was awake.
Posted on: 2013/4/27 12:14

Ultraman Re: Sat. Chat 04.27.13
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14762 Posts

Geez Matt you old stick in the mud.... J/K you handled that just the right way. We had a big problem with that out at our place since we are on some blacktop outside of town. On mostly the weekends the kids would line up by the cemetary and race back by our place going full bore by our driveway. For a long time I took it on myself to stand in the road with my big Mag Lite and beam it right into the dumbasses faces and then when they had slowed down tell them to quit it...and I may have used some rough language.....one night things escalated and my kids still talk about the old man running down the road chasing some kids with a baseball bat......

That was when my wife said no more, it was going to be big trouble if I kept doing what I was doing and that I also had to quit throwing rocks at the cars as they sped by.....I'll show the little sonsabitches...soooo...I put the Sheriff and city cops on speed dial and when I saw the first ones headed out and turning around to line up, I would call the cops and they would come over and sit at the end of the street or even in my drive with a radar gun and it was bust city. After a couple kids got MIP and DUI and lost licences it was over and we never have had the problem again.....I did have to replace my mailbox out by the road a couple of times though....

I did not mind them racing and in fact use the same strip to go run my own stuff up to see how the go....but with my kids and wife in and out all the time it was very dangerous to have them side by side doing a hundred mph by my door..

Anyway that's my Saturday story and I'm sticking to it....

Gotta go work...had or made about 60 phone calls yesterday and it will be the same today I'm thinking. My hay fever has been off the charts last couple of days....back to the Allegra D's....

Have a good day Guruista's.......
Posted on: 2013/4/27 12:46

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: Sat. Chat 04.27.13
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! The sun must be shining too brightly, woke me up well before I intended. Gonna be 72 today, pretty delightful. It was warm yesterday, too - sure was a nice treat to sit outside and have coffee after dinner. The yard took a real beating from the brutal winter - I'm gonna have my work cut out for me.

Have a good day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2013/4/27 13:32

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

94BlueToy Re: Sat. Chat 04.27.13
Senior Guru
Beach, ND
192 Posts

It's going to be a busy day, but unfortunately not with the toys. My local plumber and his son are coming over to tear out the basement galvanized water pipes and replace them. They are starting to seep from old age. Just wearing out like me. The house was built about 65 years ago just like me.

It is fortunate that he is one of my best friends and neighbors. The price will be right. I have to force him to charge for labor and the parts are at cost. He, his wife and their four grown kids are all former students of mine. Teaching did have some lasting perks. By the way, my mechanic is also a great friend and former student. Damn that helps when I get stuck on something. He can build or fix anything. Even clean up my screw ups. The best part is that he loves to help people.

It is about 7:30 and it is 58 degrees. Suppose to get into the high 70s and maybe low 80s. It was 73 yesterday. Have a good weekend gurus.
Posted on: 2013/4/27 13:42

teebee Re: Sat. Chat 04.27.13
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12375 Posts

Morning guys....Early in my teaching career, I had two boys that would go after it in their cars (I had both of them in my one of my classes). They started doing this right after school, right down the street on the back of the school past my shop. Again, like Marcus, I'm not against the kids banging gears, but that wasn't the place to do it. So I told them, I didn't think that was the appropriate place to do it. They pretty much ignored me, so I told them again, still ignored me. So I explained to them that there were lots of little kids walking that street and if they had a problem or lost control, I was afraid that they would kill someone. And if they didn't stop I would call the cops and sign a complaint. Not sure they believed me and a week later, I had to do just that. The judge took their licenses for 6 months. I figured there would be some backlash from that, but the parents were quite supportive. Today, those boys still talk to me about how stupid it was to do that and I'm still friends with the parents of the one boy.

It's a pretty day here looking for mid 70's and light breezes. Then into the low 80's through Tuesday. Wednesday's high is supposed to be mid 40's. Not an ideal way to start May.
Posted on: 2013/4/27 14:30

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

captmike13 Re: Sat. Chat 04.27.13
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2166 Posts

Good morning gang.

Good call Matt in talking to the dad.

Looks like a nice day here. Sunny with temps in the low 70's.

We finally had the water turned on at the campground and we spent the day cleaning and getting ready for the camping season. Today I get to run all the dishes through the dishwasher and the linens through the laundry. We're looking forward to having some relaxing weekends this yr at the lake.

House update: We are scheduled for a closing on or about the 30'th of this month. After that we're looking forward to catching up on some bills and getting that pump from Matt.

Word of the Day Saturday, April 27, 2013

aleatory \ EY-lee-uh-tawr-ee, -tohr-ee, AL-ee- \, adjective;
1.of or pertaining to accidental causes; of luck or chance; unpredictable: an aleatory element.
2.Law. depending on a contingent event: an aleatory contract.
3.Music. employing the element of chance in the choice of tones, rests, durations, rhythms, dynamics,etc.

Origin:
Hailing from the Latin word meaning "the dice" or "chance" alea , aleatory first surfaced in English in the late seventeenth century.

Lets have a good day gurus.
Posted on: 2013/4/27 14:47

captmike13@yahoo.com

Huskerland
14762 Posts

How about some George Jones today....

Posted on: 2013/4/27 15:52

Huskerland
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2013/4/27 15:52

Huskerland
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2013/4/27 15:54

pianoguy Re: Sat. Chat 04.27.13
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I got the Mrs.' chariot washed and detailed it, as we're off to a wedding in a bit (they lucked out, couldn't ask for a nicer day). It needed to be done regardless, as I feared that the filth that caked her truck would leap onto the Vette.
Posted on: 2013/4/27 18:25

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

vetteblondie Re: Sat. Chat 04.27.13
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4663 Posts

No busy day here I just spent all day in Thompson Defensive Driver's School.
Matt - show that kid the video I saw today and I bet he'll think twice. Remember those couple of Vette pics in here with the car up under the back of a semi? Well in this video you saw those plus one more - one just like those two plus one where the driver was decapitated - the 'sheet' covering the head was on the PASSENGER side - you could see the headless body sitting in the driver's seat still. Saw a bike wreck where it showed the motorcycle driver who had been speeding had hit a vehicle and it showed him lying there in PIECES. We saw the blood and guts in the shots. In one of the Vette photos (we got the real stories for all of the photos with details) the man had just left visiting his mother and was late for a party and was in a hurry and speeding, not paying attention and ran up under the back of the truck. The one where the guy was beheaded, he was leaned over messing with his stereo...
Much as I dreaded going I really got a lot from the course and do think it would do a lot of folks some good to go.
Posted on: 2013/4/27 20:47

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

captmike13 Re: Sat. Chat 04.27.13
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2166 Posts

Tom Knapp has passed away.

For those of you who don't know who he is Look him up. He was one of if not the best exhibition shooter.

Posted on: 2013/4/27 22:17

captmike13@yahoo.com

Senior Guru
Beach, ND
192 Posts

It has been a long day. I just got things cleaned up. The plumbers arrived about 11am and we finished up by 5pm. We did take out time for dinner. I cooked a pork roast with baked potatoes and mixed vegies. They were happy and full. We replumbed everything from the water meter on. We used pex plastic with the power on clamp fittings. Sure goes fast.

By the way it reached 79 degrees today and I still couldn't go driving. There will be more warm days and the plumbing couldn't wait. Now for a good shower and some coffee.
Posted on: 2013/4/28 1:12

Huskerland
14762 Posts

Good eats.....say Don what is Pex plastic? I take it Beach does not require you to use copper like they do here to meet code...
Posted on: 2013/4/28 1:52

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12375 Posts

Evening guys...I've been outside all day. Watched the GS play soccer, then came home and washed the wife's Caddy. Then washed my pickup. Then worked on the sprinkler system. Then let the Corvette down and did some maintenance things...cleaned the air filter and re-oiled it, cleaned the engine bay, applied a glaze to the paint and started putting stuff together for the trip to California. Came in, took a shower and went to church. The GS who played soccer this morning, received his first communion this evening. So we had a meal here after church.

The weather could not have been better. 77, no breeze to very light breezes. All that fresh air, has made me tired.
Posted on: 2013/4/28 2:08

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12375 Posts

Pex is almost like a vinyl. Special tools to stretch it out over the fittings almost indestructible.
Posted on: 2013/4/28 2:12

Resized Image

Senior Guru
Beach, ND
192 Posts

Here is a website for PEX. My plumber uses one piece fitting where the crimping ring is part of the fitting. You just slide the pipe in and crimp. He uses a power crimper that closes to a certain size and then releases. There are different head ends for different size tubing. He also uses red and blue colored tubing for hot and cold. Helps keep things straight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-linked_polyethylene
Posted on: 2013/4/28 2:48

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.