Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
149 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Shark
Any Corvette from model year 1968 to 1982 is loosely referred to as a Shark. Stemming from the Mako concepts and a general acceptance that the C3 lo...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Sadturday Chat 01.03.15
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33772 Posts

Wow ..... 2015

I remember as a kid thinking 2015 would be full of marvel and wonder. Well it is full of something and the wonder part is why the hell are we still dealing with 50+ year old issues. The good thing is that we've built our own little corner in the world where life is as we see it. Even though we have a conglomeration of material things representing multiple generations, it's a place we call home. I'm behind on technology but that really doesn't matter much to me. We have more than we need. Home is a wonderful place where we can get lost in a project, read, watch a movie or fill time with your fondest desire. Mostly for me it's to get lost in a project. But first ............. I have to go to the nursery. Work before work ya know ...............
Posted on: 2015/1/3 12:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Sadturday Chat 01.03.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Tommy is still waiting for his ray gun and x-ray glasses that he ordered from MAD magazine in 1963.

We got a very light dusting of snow overnight or in the early morning. Barely any stuck to the roads but it somewhat covered the ground and trees. Reminds you that even though it's been 10* outside, it really is winter.

I plan on doing some errands this morning. Hopefully one of the rugrats will tag along. They are funny like that...sometimes they want to go, sometimes they fight tooth and nail. But I prefer to take only one. Then you get to see their real personality and they behave so much better than when they are together. A nice treat, actually.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2015/1/3 13:28

GRIS Re: Sadturday Chat 01.03.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7681 Posts

STILL CLOUDY, STILL DRIPPY, NOT AS COLD. AT LEAST WE HAD NO ICE. WESTERN OKLAHOMA GOT SOME, BUT THE CHEROKEES DODGED THE BULLET. SUPPOSED TO GET COLD TOMORROW, BETTER CHECK THE PROPANE TODAY.

Posted on: 2015/1/3 14:19

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

BillH Re: Sadturday Chat 01.03.15
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

After a cold week:..............finally can play with the 67

Attach file:

jpg  7_Day_full.jpg (40.52 KB)
881_54a802d52563a.jpg 640X432 px
Posted on: 2015/1/3 14:56

Ultraman Re: Sadturday Chat 01.03.15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14759 Posts

Send that weather over here Bill.....we are working on the big trucks today getting them ready for next week.....did I mention we bought an 06 Kenworth...I think I did but never posted a pic....I will do that soon.

Not much else going on....lots of football this weekend...enjoy Gurus!
Posted on: 2015/1/3 15:11

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

TommyT-Bone Re: Sadturday Chat 01.03.15
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33772 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!
Tommy is still waiting for his ray gun and x-ray glasses that he ordered from MAD magazine in 1963.

Hhhmmm. I wonder if I can still get a you assemble surplus jeep. The "submarine" was also a marvel of it's day. You could convert a small table into a "submarine" by draping the sub material over a table. Kids were easy then. A stick, a rock and a big imagination.

Attach file:

jpg  usurplus550.jpg (110.84 KB)
852_54a80de545549.jpg 550X782 px
Posted on: 2015/1/3 15:40

pianoguy Re: Sadturday Chat 01.03.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Amen, Tommy!

The bottom is gonna drop out of the thermometer tonight - it'll be 31 today, and a high of 0 tomorrow. Delightful. Meanwhile, we're going to a friend's Festivus party this afternoon.

Enjoy your Saturday, Gurus!
Posted on: 2015/1/3 15:42

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

Hhhmmm. I wonder if I can still get a you assemble surplus jeep. The "submarine" was also a marvel of it's day. You could convert a small table into a "submarine" by draping the sub material over a table. Kids were easy then. A stick, a rock and a big imagination.

I always wanted to get one of those jeeps. Was never much interested in the sea monkeys, though.
Posted on: 2015/1/3 15:44

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Send that weather over here Bill.....

Been frickin cold here for a week, my space heater in the shop was about as good as lighting a match.

I've been going to Gary's shop to work on my former race car, his heating bill for the shop and his house runs $600 per month.

I'll probably get to work with the garage doors open this week.
Posted on: 2015/1/3 15:53

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33772 Posts

Meanwhile back in Florida .................... you can still sweat while outdoors in January.
Posted on: 2015/1/3 16:05

94BlueToy Re: Sadturday Chat 01.03.15
Senior Guru
Beach, ND
192 Posts

The bottom dropped here in western ND. It was 30º at 9pm last night and it was -1º at 6am. We also got a small layer of snow. Have a good weekend.
Posted on: 2015/1/3 16:09

vetteblondie Re: Sadturday Chat 01.03.15
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4660 Posts

One more rainy day to start the new year off. I sure hope this isn't an indication to the rest of the year. One thing I did learn, as of last night, to change - not that I ever do make a resolution - is to try to pay more attention to things. Not just material things but everything. Not to be depressing but at my friend's visitation last night, soon as I got there his granddaughter spotted me, ran up and grabbed me and just cried for a while. When I first met her, was on one of our Vette road trips. He had her with him. She immediately spent the entire trip riding with me. Now that's weird as i don't have kids, nervous around teens and I thought she should be with him, and I'm sure it hurt his feelings she shunned him. Later he told me she just took to me and would like for me to be a positive role model in her life as her mom wasn't. Just a tiny bit of my time as a huge impact for her apparently. THOSE kinds of things. Be a blessing to others when you can and accept it when you are. Also for him - he came to see me shortly before he passed - at the time of his visit - I learned last night from her - he has already quit taking his meds as he felt it was his time and was apparently trying to rush it along - she told me she'd hear him in private praying and crying for the Lord to hurry and take him. He had told her (and her mother) of our friendship and a few stories. They told me of it last night. Said he laughed and said "I know others thought she was my girlfriend but she wasn't but I didn't care, let 'em talk"... he would talk some of his troubles with the granddaughter - we were supposed to go out to eat, he was gonna try to buy my truck for her. He had even told her about it already she said. Another THING to pay attention to - check in more on those friends of yours that are older - they may need you and not tell you. He didn't tell others of his conditions. Was way worse than we all knew. And to compound things, the last visit I had with him he did mention that he had a girlfriend that broke i off with him prior - said he was being too 'clingy' - given his condition, he was probably looking for someone to lean on.
Sorry to be so depressing but there was some lessons to learn from it for me and I know we all have those older friends and family that may not let us know things and it might not hurt us to just TALK to them more often about things...
Posted on: 2015/1/3 16:28

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Well-said, Letty.
Posted on: 2015/1/3 16:34

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Meanwhile back in Florida .................... you can still sweat while outdoors in January.

Even if you're sitting still.
Posted on: 2015/1/3 16:41

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I was reading in Autoweek about the new Cadillac CTS-V - looks like it would be a nice Sunday-go-to-meeting car. If you need to get to the meeting in a hurry, that is. It has the LT4 engine from the new Z06 with 640 hp, and the 8-speed auto. 0-60 in 3.7 seconds. Not too shabby for a sedan.
Posted on: 2015/1/3 16:49

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33772 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
STILL CLOUDY, STILL DRIPPY, NOT AS COLD.

There's a cure for that ...........
Posted on: 2015/1/3 17:34

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33772 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Even if you're sitting still.

Mid day ...... Mornings and evenings are a delight.
Posted on: 2015/1/3 17:35

teebee Re: Sadturday Chat 01.03.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Hey guys....slept late again today. When I did get up it was just in time to gut a bathroom. So three hours later it is down and ready to decide what they are going to do. Didn't take the 'rock down. They are putting a wainscoating back up so we were careful tearing things out. New toilet, vanity and flooring is the order of business. The old tile came up reasonably well.

Letty you are right, we many times don't find out what kind of impression we make on people and what we mean to them.

Kind of drippy out, but not real cold. Back home we are supposed to be getting winter weather.
Posted on: 2015/1/3 18:56

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Sadturday Chat 01.03.15
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4660 Posts

Made it through the funeral - I HATE those things. Daughter and granddaughter visited with me - they will be dispersing his ashes along the part of Rt. 66 that we, as a group were going to pickup and travel down a couple years ago and the tornado came instead (Joplin) - he would approve. Daughter also asked me to keep in touch with the granddaughter. Hmmm
Ended up getting groceries while I was still in my monkey suit - came home, made myself a steak, shrimp, rice and sliced avocado. Prices of things sure have gone up. My normal grocery bill used to be $80 and the last two times was $140 almost. New store I guess they need to get it paid for.
Posted on: 2015/1/4 2:04

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Our friends who hosted the party we went to this afternoon got one of these (the wagon) - didn't get to go for a ride, but the seats are awesome:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2 ... lestar-first-drive-review
Posted on: 2015/1/4 2:56

teebee Re: Sadturday Chat 01.03.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

I'll say that our S80 had great seats, but it cost a fortune to do stuff on that car. Almost $1000 to replace the head light. The bumper had to come off in order to replace it. Almost $700 for the light (no aftermarket at the time) and almost $300 in labor. And two weeks later the other one was broken. $2500 for an ABS unit and $450 labor to replace it. I figured it was about time to get rid of that one. It did give 85k miles that, other than those items, mostly trouble free. Won't buy another Volvo though.
Posted on: 2015/1/4 3:09

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Sadturday Chat 01.03.15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14759 Posts

Good stuff Letty.....we all need to pay more attention to those around us....I'm working on really listening to what people are saying and then not to counter with some type story that happened to me. That puts the focus on me not them. It's normal for us to want to do that but it's about them and some words of encouragement is probably what they could use....

Big blizzard going on here....fire in the fireplace and a hot cup of peppermint tea and the football game on.......nice!
Posted on: 2015/1/4 3:10

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Tough day I'm sure, Letty.
Posted on: 2015/1/4 3:10

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33772 Posts

Letty, funerals always seem to make us take a closer look at life. What we feel in these situations diminish with the passage of time. Often we think of the "If only I" in times of trouble, like illness or the end of a relationship. It's almost like we're hard wired to forget. I don't know why but that's how it works with me. The memory of those that passed and those that have recovered from a serious life event stays with me always. The deep thoughts that I endured in troubling times just faded away but I know they left their mark on me. ...... One day at a time ......
Posted on: 2015/1/4 4:12

GRIS Re: Sadturday Chat 01.03.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7681 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Made it through the funeral - I HATE those things.

I HEAR THAT! I'M BEGINNING TO FEEL LIKE A FUGITIVE FROM THE LAW OF AVERAGES.
Posted on: 2015/1/4 14:38

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33772 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Made it through the funeral - I HATE those things.

I HEAR THAT! I'M BEGINNING TO FEEL LIKE A FUGITIVE FROM THE LAW OF AVERAGES.

Keep up the good work.
Posted on: 2015/1/4 17:41

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.