Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
156 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Offset
The distance from the wheel mounting flange to the imaginary centerline of the wheel. Wheels with negative offset will protrude outwards more, while...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 11.15.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

I can't believe the month is 1/2 over already. Where does the time go?

Spent several hours yesterday driving to different Sears/Sears outlets looking at refrigerators. Long story is my mom bought a lemon fridge last year. After 5 service trips they deemed it unfixable. Instead of giving her her money back, they gave her a store credit that has to be used on a fridge. In the meantime, she already bought a new one because the service calls were taking 3 weeks to come out. So we are going to buy one to replace ours that is 8 years old. Ended up seeing a few that were ok, haven't made a decision yet. Seems like it will be a Kenmore or a Samsung.

How was everyone's weekend?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2015/11/15 12:38

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 11.15.15
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33786 Posts

Good morning.

Sue did her good deed for the day this morning on her way to a plant show and sale. She was driving up US 1 and she came across a car at a light that was not moving on green. She looked at the driver and noticed something wasn't right. She got out of her truck, found the guy unresponsive at the wheel. The car was in drive and his foot was on the brake. She reached in, put the car in park, checked the driver for a pulse and called 911. She then put on the emergency flashers. An off duty firefighter pulled up, called the police. The guy was like he was in a locked position. Hands gripping the wheel, a lighter held between two fingers and out cold. When rescue arrived they revived the man with smelling salts. Sue said it took a ling time for him to react to the salts. They got him awake and talking. Sue said one of the cops that responded was grateful for her and shook her hand three times. They credited her with doing everything possible and correctly to neutralize the possible hazard. Way to go, Sue. She's like having another member on the force. She routinely encounters and responds to situations outside the norm and readily does what she can to help out, always calling the appropriate agency for a response. From wayward animals like deer and alligators, to suspicious persons, medical emergencies, lost elderly people, fire, accident, impaired driver, you name it, she's in the game. If there were more people like her the world would be a much better place.

Attach file:

jpg  00 number one.jpg (30.93 KB)
852_56489986a841b.jpg 500X678 px
Posted on: 2015/11/15 14:36
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33786 Posts

I support the "War on Terror".

Posted on: 2015/11/15 14:51

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33786 Posts

Oh, ya. Since we'll be going on the cruise I have convinced Sue this year we'll do a Christmas Lite. Minimal decorations. I suggested we shoot for a smaller Christmas Day party too. By smaller I mean 40-60 people. That's half of what we usually get at our parties. Speaking of parties, we have several on the horizon that we're invited to. I'd like to keep those to a minimum too. I should be so lucky.
Posted on: 2015/11/15 15:09

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 11.15.15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14768 Posts

Atta girl Sue! Nice work! be careful though.......

How about them Huskers with two wins in a row......we are giddy at the prospect of going to some minor bowl game but first we have undefeated Iowa coming to town in 2 weeks......we would like to spoil their fun that's for sure.......Brad I was hoping the GG's were going to get it done they played a good game for their new coach and Coach Kill........

Worked on the trucks yesterday so want to take a day off and just lay around........I see the Rev. is out soliciting donations......must be time to build the engine......

Have a nice day off Guru's......Matt we have a Whirlpool fridge that is at least 12 years old and never had a problem except with the Ice dispenser once.......
Posted on: 2015/11/15 15:15

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 11.15.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! Beautiful day on tap here, gonna be 60 and sunny. Yeah, Marcus, the Goofers moved the ball pretty well, but had no answer on defense. Played 'em pretty close, though. Meanwhile, we like the new Christmas tree - it's smaller and and doesn't overwhelm the room, and will be easier too drag around to get it out and put it away.

Well-done, Sue - two thumbs up!

Have a great day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2015/11/15 15:31

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 11.15.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12379 Posts

MOrning guys....slept in a bit. I have something I have to do in the shop today to ready for tomorrow's job. So I'll head out there pretty quick. Rosie and I went to "Love, the Coopers" holiday movie. Her idea, it was OK, not really my type of movie, but we did go see "Spectre" last week, not really her type of movie.

Chilly here this morning and foggy. Looks like the moisture is coming in, just like they predicted.

Kudos to Sue, Tommy. Matt, the neighbors down the street that I did the cabinets for had issues with their new frig two weeks after it was new. Ruined some of their food. Repair guys said it was a software issue, reprogrammed it. It was working fine, they took off for a long weekend, and I had to go down to do a little work on the cabinets (it was when I was finishing up), I noticed heat coming from the frig, opened it up and it was like 90* inside, smelled rotten. The company fought them saying they wanted to 'fix' it. He said 'No' that the smell couldn't be removed. Finally, he had Rosie tell them it was a health risk and it had to be replaced, (Rosie is a a county health official). In the meantime they had to get another frig. The company GE fought them tooth and nail over they thing, but finally replaced the frig for them, a month later. Give me a plain old frig, you can keep those computer controlled ones.
Posted on: 2015/11/15 15:36

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12379 Posts

You have the tree up already Brad? You're a brave man....

Rosie is talking about putting the Christmas lights up today. I might actually do it since it's supposed to be decent, temp wise, but the wind is supposed to blow.
Posted on: 2015/11/15 15:38

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 11.15.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
You have the tree up already Brad? You're a brave man....

Rosie is talking about putting the Christmas lights up today. I might actually do it since it's supposed to be decent, temp wise, but the wind is supposed to blow.

Yeah, our new one came this week, so we put it up to make sure we liked it before getting rid of the old one. Normally it goes up after Thanksgiving. And now she wants to get the outdoor stuff done before the bottom falls out of the thermometer next week.
Posted on: 2015/11/15 15:42

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33786 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Matt we have a Whirlpool fridge that is at least 12 years old and never had a problem except with the Ice dispenser once.......

What are you trying to do? Sell Matt your 12 y/o fridge?

The makers have merged and consolidated. What was is no more. That being said, do your homework. Don't get new tech, get the tried, tested and proven and most importantly, ON SALE. I took out an extended warranty that is serviced through the selling company. They have a good rep and are known to replace if needed. Seems I only need service on stuff I don't take the extended warranty on or the warranty period has passed. That usually means I trash it.
Posted on: 2015/11/15 15:55

BillH Re: Sunday Chat 11.15.15
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
I see the Rev. is out soliciting donations......must be time to build the engine...... .......

Yea, the Rev needs BIG donations. Nothing's gonna be cheap from hear on out.

Just putting the doors on the car will cost $800.
Posted on: 2015/11/15 16:00

istter1 Re: Sunday Chat 11.15.15
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Great weather here. Rain tonight we need a lot of it..
Going out trap shooting and run the dogs in a couple hours. Have a great day guys.
Posted on: 2015/11/15 16:37

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33786 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:

Let me kick things off. Here ya go BillH.

Attach file:

jpg  3 dollar bill.jpg (33.54 KB)
852_5648b9fa69c0d.jpg 400X170 px
Posted on: 2015/11/15 16:59

BillH Re: Sunday Chat 11.15.15
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

Let me kick things off. Here ya go BillH.

Oh.....Gee Thanks.........Now I can buy.....One bolt

If I use that bill on the website, I'll have to change the phone-in number to 1-800-LICKME
Posted on: 2015/11/15 17:47

istter1 Re: Sunday Chat 11.15.15
Elite Guru
Bakersfield Ca
2336 Posts

Stopped shooting early the sky's opened up and finally rain fell. The drought he has been bad
Posted on: 2015/11/15 21:45

vetteblondie Re: Sunday Chat 11.15.15
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4667 Posts

Hope everyone had a great weekend - was beautiful here. Got out yesterday running around with BF in his car, made the weekly beer run to Missouri - then chilled - I had a pork tenderloin on the grill overnight and had that back in the oven with my own bourbon/honey/mustard and then some marinade - beans, cornbread, fried taters - and I made him a strawberry cake. Nursing home today - she's getting crankier - what to do? Came home, had a cold one and got in the kitchen and got out a rolling pin I'd not seen in 15 years at least and made some old school chocolate fried pies. Not the pudding mess, either - cocoa, butter and sugar. OMG... slurp... proud of me on that one and the pork loin made for some awesome bbq sandwiches today. Even sprung for a tall plant stand thingie to go on the other side of the bed to put a lamp and a coaster on. BF likes to lay in there with the tv on and have a beer. My side nightstand is crowded. He's not seen this yet - I must like the guy lol, Let's get ready for Monday guys....
Posted on: 2015/11/15 22:59

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12379 Posts

Worked harder than I had planned today. Added an access hole in the top of the desk I built for my daughter last week. So now she'll be able to run cables through, to plug in the computer. Built a door jamb to hang tomorrow for another client, along with installing baseboard and a few other jobs. The weather was pretty good, a little breezy, but seasonably warm.
Posted on: 2015/11/16 0:39

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12379 Posts

Oh, didn't get around to putting the lights up. Rosie baked a turkey with all the trimmings and had #2 and the grandsons over for supper. Dark by the time we got everything cleaned up.
Posted on: 2015/11/16 0:43

Resized Image

GRIS Re: Sunday Chat 11.15.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7697 Posts

BACK HOME AFTER THE BIG SHOW. OUR GANG DID PRETTY WELL. BUDDY MARK SCORED AN OUTSTANDING CONVERTED PERCUSSION SHARPS CARBINE, 50-70 CAL, REALLY GREAT SHAPE. NOT CHEAP, BUT WORTH MORE THAN HE PAID. I WAS A GOOD BOY AND BOUGHT NOTHING BUT A RECEIVER SIGHT FOR A WINCHESTER M100. THERE WAS A .375 H&H THAT REALLY CAUGHT MY EYE, BUT I RESISTED TEMPTATION AND CAME HOME WITH MORE MONEY THAN I WENT WITH; THAT'S UNUSUAL FOR ME :-)
Posted on: 2015/11/16 2:09

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33786 Posts

I must be psychic or clairvoyant. I wrote this on Sad Turd Day

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

What happened in Paris is grounds for war. Maybe we should retaliate with a day called Hells Fire. Launch the gun ships, the missiles, the drones, the attack helicopters, special forces, and everything else we have in the arsenal except ground troops. Use up all the old ammo and clear the igloos of all the dated MK 82's and 84's and other weapons we have just going to waste. Time to give NATO an opportunity to test out some strategies and logistics. We know where some of the camps are. We know where some of the operatives are. The terrorists know there will be a price to pay. Let's go collect some NOW.

http://newsfoxes.com/2015/11/urgent-n ... on-isis-capital-of-raqqa/
Posted on: 2015/11/16 3:24
Edited by TommyT-Bone on 2015/11/16 13:11:26

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.