Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L80E
Automatic Transmission - 4 Speed

1st Gear: 2.43
2nd Gear: 1.49
3rd Gear: 1.00
4th Gear: 0.75

Reverse: 2.07

- Used in production GM models...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 05.06.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CG's!

Well, I am here to lead the charge into Tuesday

How is everyone doing so far? Not a whole lot going on here. Weather is supposed to be warm today, so that's a plus, but rain later tonight isn't making me happy.

Anyone get their stimulus check yet? I'm still waiting for mine, but it's direct deposit so I guess I'll get it soon? It'll be some "mad money" and maybe we'll blow a little.

Anything else new and exciting? Post up!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/5/6 13:19

RollaMo-LT4 Re: Tuesday Chat 05.06.08
Trivia Winner
Rolla, Missouri
422 Posts

Good morning. I haven't been online too much lately, been a little busy.

It's going to be a sad day here I think, as we are going to have to put our black lab down. She is very old, and been a part of our family. Strange how the puppies your kids beg for become your dogs once they leave home and you get so attached to them.

Oh, still looking for my stimulus check also. If they would give me a bigger one, I could help out the economy even more, cause I think I spent mine already
Posted on: 2008/5/6 13:38
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

DaleD Re: Tuesday Chat 05.06.08
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Sorry to hear about the dog. They do become a big part of the family. My family jokes that our dog is my girlfriend. It's a shame our dogs don't last as long as we do.

My day started with a 4 AM trouble call. Everything's ok now. But I'm short on sleep, crankier than usual, and wishing I was out of here!

No stimulus check, I don't get mine until July, and that will help pay for the family vacation this year. A week in Ocean Isle NC.
Posted on: 2008/5/6 14:01

CSS996 Re: Tuesday Chat 05.06.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

Sorry to hear about the pup. :sad5:

My stimulus check is third from the end on the paper check side. So Maybe late June or maybe July. I've heard they moved the dates up a little.

Other than that, I've got a pretty busy day, so I better get to it.

Have a super day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2008/5/6 14:18

FLYINLOW90 Re: Tuesday Chat 05.06.08
Senior Guru
Windsor Ontario Canada
514 Posts

Hey Greg sorry to hear about your pup. :sad7: :sad7:

I'm not sure if I get a stimulus check or not living out of the country. From the criteria I guess all you have to do is file taxes with the IRS and I do that. If so Mine will also be one of the last manual checks they do. Sometime in July. We'll see.

Not much else going on. Leave tomorrow for Edmonton Ab to deliver Friday. Looks like some rain out through Wisconsin and in to Minnesota and N.D.

Off now to baby sit the grandson for the afternoon.

Have a good day Guys.

Gary
Posted on: 2008/5/6 15:24

skirlin Re: Tuesday Chat 05.06.08
Senior Guru
Caledonia Michigan
277 Posts

Mine is here, direct deposit. :thumbright: The wife and I are currently in heated negotiations as to the use of said funds. . I say new shocks and weatherstripping and she says pay bills
Posted on: 2008/5/6 15:47

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 05.06.08
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

RollaMo-LT4 wrote:
Good morning. I haven't been online too much lately, been a little busy.

It's going to be a sad day here I think, as we are going to have to put our black lab down. She is very old, and been a part of our family. Strange how the puppies your kids beg for become your dogs once they leave home and you get so attached to them.

Oh, still looking for my stimulus check also. If they would give me a bigger one, I could help out the economy even more, cause I think I spent mine already

Sorry to hear about your dog, I know how tough that is.

No stimulus check for us - maybe my son will take us out to dinner with his :-P

It's 70 and sunny, and I keep thinking I should just boogie out of the office and take the top off of the car........
Posted on: 2008/5/6 16:00

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

JrRifleCoach Re: Tuesday Chat 05.06.08
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Quote:

skirlin wrote:
Mine is here, direct deposit. :thumbright: The wife and I are currently in heated negotiations as to the use of said funds. . I say new shocks and weatherstripping and she says pay bills

Time to pay some bills. She'll be much happier, you'll get more, and the funds will be available again later on.
Posted on: 2008/5/6 16:15

DaleD Re: Tuesday Chat 05.06.08
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Quote:

skirlin wrote:

Compromise.

Buy the shocks, do them yourself. Even with Bilstiens, that's less than $300. KYBs can be had for a little over $100. Maybe get her to let you get the one piece of weather strip that's the most in need. Pay bills with the rest. You put the lion's share toward the bills, and you get something for the Vette. Everybody's happy.
Posted on: 2008/5/6 16:24

NC Kid Re: Tuesday Chat 05.06.08
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Quote:

skirlin wrote:

I vote wife wins.
Posted on: 2008/5/6 17:04

smooth Re: Tuesday Chat 05.06.08
Senior Guru
Formerly "Aquavet" in Pa.
386 Posts

Geez, not even my dog and I find it hard to swallow. Put ours down almost 10 years ago and I can't bring myself to get another just yet. That day will come again for both of us though my friend. Once you've had a good dog in your life, you will eventually will get another. I know I will someday.

No Government giveaway in my account yet either. At the rate gas prices are climbing though, it will probably end up in the gas tank, Although getting my rear installed would be nice as I never seem to find the time! Like you guys though, the wife seems to have different designs for it LOL!

Have a better day Folks,
Signed , me
Posted on: 2008/5/6 18:24

LD85 Re: Tuesday Chat 05.06.08
Master Guru
Indianapolis, Indiana
784 Posts

Vette Paint Job money,,,errr,, I mean the Stimulus check is already spent,, our 15 year old washing machine took a dump before I could get my hands on teh cash...

Wife went and bought a new Bosch Washer & Dryerfor $1600 beans,,,

I asked if she was gonna thank me and she said,," this money is from George Bush, not you!"

sucks to be me sometimes!
Posted on: 2008/5/6 20:34

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 05.06.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Rolla - sorry to hear about the doggie. We've put a couple down over the years and it's a tough go. If you're anything like my fam, you won't be able to go too long without a new little puppy.

Skirlin - bills are overrated. Buy some shocks

I am about to hit the weights and head off to work. Take care everyeone!

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/5/7 1:08

Oaklands Re: Tuesday Chat 05.06.08
Senior Guru
Morristown, TN
480 Posts

Sorry to hear about your dog. We had to put down one of our dogs around Christmas time.

Another busy day at work. Hope everyone is doing well. My stimulus check is supposed to be here by Friday. I wish United Nuclear would get there hydrogen project done and bring it to market. I would gladly put the check towards it if it were to seem worthwhile.
Posted on: 2008/5/7 3:55

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.