Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Eagle223usa How I got engaged! A Corvette story!!
Guru with Eyes of Steel
God's country, Pa
197 Posts

Really!, Last Friday was my birthday. Told my GF I was spending the day at the range with my new love, my 22/250, Oh, and I was taking the Corvette out there. She got really perturbed, The range, the Vette, without her. I told her it was my Bday and I'll do what I want. I also had plans to take my buddy about 50 miles north of the city to pick up his new bike and have a NY strip at a very exspensive resturant later on. All this without her input or consul. She wasn't hot about it, not happy, but not hot. So I hit the range, took the Z71 instead to keep the Vette clean. Fired some rounds, got my zero on it fired my old Browning 9mm for nostalgia. Left the range came home, got cleaned up and fired up Black Beauty. ASR deactivated,targa removed, grabbed my buddy and flew off the pick up his bike. Showed him the ring I had locked in the center consul and he stated we would stop for ONE when we got back to the city. On the way there, pulled up along side a familiar black SUV. Wow, Evil Ex GF, My buddy waved at her, I downshifted to 3rd and lit the afterburners. Whoosh, Gone. Cool Bday! Picked up buddies bike with no further drama. But later in an alley with no name, about to pull into the pub, She dies. Won't restart. Turn the key from off to run, no fuel pump buzz. Damn, I need this car today. Pushed it into the pub parking lot. The flatbed showed up at the middle of the second round and I was off with Black Beauty on the back. The driver dropped me in front of my house. One hour later I was back with the new pump. Changing the pump in the driveway GF's dad shows up. I tell him my intentions, get his approvall. Crack a shorty of Chimay with him. Groovy. About 1900hrs fuel pump in, VVrrrrooom. I'm off, after a shower and a change into some slicker duds. GF show's up at my place, I still smell like 93 octane but what the hell. We blast off to dinner, the Corvette's running great. One thick and bloody NY strip later, I ask her if she wants to go for a ride after dinner, she agrees. She loves the Corvette. I was actually thinking of trading it on a newer C5, and she stopped me. She said, Wait until we can get a C6 instead! See why I'm marrying this girl! We go for a felony grade spin around the empty bypass's with the roof off and stop at a church on a mountain overlooking the city. This was the scene of the end of our first date, 3 years ago. With the Corvette glistening against the city lights I managed to get the ring out of the consul without her noticing. Well she said yes! After some conversation back in the car and down the mountain. And wouldn't ya know it, on a bypass headed for home she starts coughing and bucking (the Car!). So I pulled off and shut it down. After a moment she restarted fine and I got it home okay. Turned out to be a ECT sensor. Nothing serious but what are the odds? Twice in one day. Damn. Anyhow I got it accomplished (the engagement) and I included the Corvette so if there is any mention in the future of selling it I'll explain: Honey it has so much sentimental value I can't part with it, Hell we practically got engaged in that car! Good idea, Huh? Just kidding. I know this probably all sounds corny, but it made me feel good typing it! Save the wave! and Rock on!
Posted on: 2008/6/1 5:50

CasetheCorvetteman Re: How I got engaged! A Corvette story!!
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Well done mate
Posted on: 2008/6/1 6:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CentralCoaster Re: How I got engaged! A Corvette story!!
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Sounds like your vette is getting jealous and wants attention. Better bring a fire extinguisher next time!
Posted on: 2008/6/1 10:15

Qack Re: How I got engaged! A Corvette story!!
Senior Guru
Raleigh, NC
274 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
Sounds like your vette is getting jealous and wants attention. Better bring a fire extinguisher next time!

Or maybe it wants a ring job
Posted on: 2008/6/1 13:05

pianoguy Re: How I got engaged! A Corvette story!!
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Qack wrote:
Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:

Or maybe it wants a ring job

Har!

Congrats!
Posted on: 2008/6/1 14:16

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

BrianCunningham Re: How I got engaged! A Corvette story!!
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Cool, congrats man!
Posted on: 2008/6/1 14:59

Notorious Re: How I got engaged! A Corvette story!!
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Congrats and good luck. I'm sure you'll do better than me.
I've had three wives and one Vette. To this point, only the Vette has been a keeper.
Posted on: 2008/6/1 15:53

red_johnny Re: How I got engaged! A Corvette story!!
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Great story, congrats!
Posted on: 2008/6/1 21:16

Matatk Re: How I got engaged! A Corvette story!!
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Nice story. Congrats.

Pics of the guns? lol

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/6/1 21:21

Eagle223usa Re: How I got engaged! A Corvette story!!
Guru with Eyes of Steel
God's country, Pa
197 Posts

Thanks for the replies! Yes it would seem my high speed mistress is jealous. The fire extinguisher sounds like a good idea! Coming home from work today the DS power window switch quit working, still jealous! Called the dealer and they said $168.00 USD!!!! Well I took it apart and cleaned the contacts and saved the $168. The fiance (correct spelling?) is busing running around showing off the rock. She's really happy! It was nice to have the Corvette with me on this occassion, against the odds, NORMAL people would have had it towed to a shop. I (certified car nut) was able to correct it and save the day (Lucky). Thanks again, I'll be out getting that fire extinguisher tomarro!
Posted on: 2008/6/3 7:35

CSS996 Re: How I got engaged! A Corvette story!!
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

So, yer from "Da 'Burgh?"

COOL!

I used to live there. I met my wife there. Our first kiss was on top of Mt. Washington. (Is that what it's called? By the incline, overlooking Three Rivers)

Sounds like you had a good day, despite your car's little temper tantrum.

Congrats!
Posted on: 2008/6/4 16:34

jimmers Re: How I got engaged! A Corvette story!!
Senior Guru
Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
211 Posts

Congrats!
Posted on: 2008/6/4 20:16

CSS996 Re: How I got engaged! A Corvette story!!
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Oh, hey!

I'm not a huge hockey fan, but here's hoping the Penguins can pull it off!

Posted on: 2008/6/4 21:16

Eagle223usa Re: How I got engaged! A Corvette story!!
Guru with Eyes of Steel
God's country, Pa
197 Posts

Yup from Picksburgh Pa.(now) Strange, the locals here all all talking about penguins but the climate seems way too warm for them. I've never seen one but just hear people talking about them. Must be the drugs making them all hallucinate. Oh well,
Posted on: 2008/6/5 1:43

fordguygt Re: How I got engaged! A Corvette story!!
Guru Newb
1 Posts

I would like to offer my congratulations to you. Best of luck to both of you. This comes from a GT/CS (yes I know, Muskrat GT) guy.
Posted on: 2008/6/5 17:43

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.