Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
308 user(s) are online (254 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 12.23.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

I'm up but I'm ready for a nap. Hmmmm.... And for some reason I'm craving doughnuts. I never really eat them but for some reason I want some. Actually, those doughnut holes are extra yummy.

So I have a list of chores to do today. Around the house and otherwise. Who finished their shopping already? Raise your hand. (Notice I didn't raise my hand). I have to finish up a few last minute things. Oh well. I always procrastinate on stuff like that. I don't know why, either. My wife started shopping 4 months ago. Oh well.

Finished up most of what I could with rewiring the car last night. Got my power & grounds run (PIA in that car, ugh) and my speaker wires into the doors (the correct way, not on the outside of the door panel like a-hole PO). I'm waiting for one more RCA cable and my speakers to come in and I'll be knocking the rest of it out. That's the nice thing about winter projects. You don't have to worry about the time frame. If this were summer I'd be chomping at the bit. Ah well.

Hope everyone else has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/12/23 12:58

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 12.23.08
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! I think I'm done shopping - I may run across the street to Macy's at lunch to see if there's anything else I can find for the Mrs.

I enjoyed working on my car last spring when I wasn't in a rush - nice to be able to walk away from it for a while if you get frustrated, or need extra time to do it right. I have a stereo install on the horizon, too - sounds like I'll have plenty of fun :-P
Posted on: 2008/12/23 13:17

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Schrade Re: Tuesday Chat 12.23.08
Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

Finished shopping? I'm gonna' start around noon. Waitin' for it to warm up a little. It's pretty cold out there right now, and my 10 little Resized Image
ain't goin' to market til it warms up.

See for yourself uh huh. Hope TTB ain't catchin' a chill...

Attach file:

jpg  Coldasa.jpg (85.15 KB)
1687_4950eefbb9ac2.jpg 612X414 px
Posted on: 2008/12/23 14:00

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 12.23.08
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Uummmmm !! Little balls of dough boiled in fat and covered with sugar. Delicious. I cant resist them. The walls of the veins to my heart likes them too. Much more inviting than say...... a bowl of oatmeal.

It's amazing. X-mas is almost here again. For some, it's their first Christmas. For others it will be their last. Some people love this time of year. Others can't wait for it to pass. I hate the fact that Christmas is not a day. It's darn near a whole season. Thanksgiving is a day, Halloween is a day Christmas?........ November, December and half of January. Make it stop .....Please.... make it go away..........

On the bright side. Three more days of work and my career will be history. What kind of resolutions do you make when you have radical change like that? (Don't answer that)

Well, it's time to go take care of the 3 S's. Can't get anything accomplished sitting in front of a monitor.
Posted on: 2008/12/23 14:44

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

If I were in your shoes, Tommy, my resolution would be to hold a burial ceremony for my alarm clock ;-)
Posted on: 2008/12/23 14:57

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

red_johnny Re: Tuesday Chat 12.23.08
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Welp, trying to make a early day out of it so if I am lucky I will be done by 1400. After that I am going to get home and take off my gauge cluster from my bike and send it in to get the LEDs replaced with a differant color. Then I will eat and then head out to see a guy about a log splitter. If all goes well I will have me a log splitter tonight! Which is good cause I am out of split wood.
Posted on: 2008/12/23 15:22

CSS996 Re: Tuesday Chat 12.23.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

Well, yesterday was my first day of work, doing it for myself. And something strange happened...

My wife came in with the mail last night, and there was a letter from Penn State University, my Alma Mater. Normally I toss these things right in the pooper. But I opened this one...

It may have been a form letter, not sure how many folks got it, but it was from one of my old professors, touting the new Public Broadcast station in State College. (They're High Def now, dont'cha know...)

My prof. is now the creative director for Penn State Public Broadcasting, and they are doing a lot of production for that station, as well as for other outlets, and are looking for video producers.

Interesting timing, eh? So I took that as a sign, and spent about 90 minutes crafting an email to my old prof. Wonder what will come of it?

My wife and kids have been bugging me to move back to PA for a couple years now. Not something that I really want to do, but I told them that once my job ended, I would keep an open mind for an opportunity to move back there and make them happy. So for that letter to arrive the very DAY that I no longer work for the big company was a little scary.

Interesting, eh?

I'm scared. Hold me!

:binky:
Posted on: 2008/12/23 15:41

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

That could be a most fortunate turn of events, Chris - very cool!
Posted on: 2008/12/23 15:50

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Close one door and another one opens unless your name is Ron. Hope his luck turns for the better ..... soon.....
Posted on: 2008/12/23 16:08

j3studio Re: Tuesday Chat 12.23.08
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Good morning, all - still cold up here in Philadelphia!

Chris, good luck with the (potential) opportunity...
Posted on: 2008/12/23 16:15

1Fast04Vert Re: Tuesday Chat 12.23.08
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Sometimes it seems to be a very small world. I keep finding things in common with other members here. Chris, my dad was a Penn State Alumni, of course that was many years ago. We took our son up to visit the campus when he was a high school junior but he decided to stay in Georgia.
Maybe the winters up there were just too cold for him. I remember shoveling a lot of snow, putting on tire chains, etc when we lived up north. But then the sledding, snowball fights, snow skiing and snowmobiling were a lot of fun back then.

ps--j3studio, I used to 'hang out' around BrynMawr as I had a lot of 'horse' friends in that area even though I lived closer to West Chester.
Posted on: 2008/12/23 16:33

joeld Re: Tuesday Chat 12.23.08
Guru
Lawrenceville Ga
718 Posts

Good morning! Speaking of doughnuts, as Louis Anderson said in one of his comedy shows "you can fry a boot and it's good". Or something to that effect.

It's a good brisk day here, not bad for sitting in the house all day! That's about all I plan to do.

Have a good day
Joel
Posted on: 2008/12/23 16:49

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 12.23.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Well, I ran to the store and picked up a couple things in no time flat. The mall by my house was *dead*. I went into bath and bodyworks and I was one of two people inside. Insane. The weather is pretty crappy and the roads are really slippery, but still. I always remember the 23rd being a busy shopping day. Economy?

So I still have to tidy up the house, wrap my gifts, and clean up the garage so my truck can fit in there tonight.

Chris - sounds promising? Would you be willing to move back to PA? Can you do editing/production stuff in the basement for now to see if it works out and then move? Or maybe spend a little time here and there? Could be a good opportunity. As far as holding you, you're on your own for that one. Hold yourself.

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/12/23 16:52

CSS996 Re: Tuesday Chat 12.23.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

It is surprising, the number of folks from PA I run into here in Colorado. I have to keep myself from stopping guys with Penn State ball caps and asking about why they wear it, and where they're from.

I certainly agree that Ron sure does need a spell of good news for a change.

I almost agree that anything fried is good. But the Captain D's fish places out here have fried pickles... Gag.

One of the things I miss most about PA is Long John Silver's. I love that place. None anywhere near me. Probably a good thing though.
Posted on: 2008/12/23 16:55

bastet44 Re: Tuesday Chat 12.23.08
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Good morning, Gurus!

Matthew - you're probably craving those donuts since you've already announced your healthy new year's resolution.

Chris - congrats! I love working independently - it's so much more freeing and it allows you to even consider what the whole world has to offer.

It's a sunndy day today! Off to run a ton of errands before travelling tomorrow.

Word of the Day for Tuesday, December 23, 2008

macrobiotic \mak-roh-bahy-OT-ik\, adjective:

of or having to do with macrobiotics, a dietary system derived from Zen Buddhism and purported to prolong life
Posted on: 2008/12/23 17:51

BrianCunningham Re: Tuesday Chat 12.23.08
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Sunny day here, still a little chilly.

Suppose to warm up tommorow though.

Still enough snow for a white Christmas though.
Posted on: 2008/12/23 18:09

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:

of or having to do with macrobiotics, a dietary system derived from Zen Buddhism and purported to prolong life

What do you need after you eat 2 Big Macs? Macrobiotics.
Posted on: 2008/12/23 18:46

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 12.23.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

bastet44 wrote:

What do you need after you eat 2 Big Macs? Macrobiotics.

Tommy's new slogan now that he works for his wife:

"Looking for biotics in Florida? Come and see Ma and Pa T-bone's nursery for all of your biotic needs. Pa and Macrobiotics of every shape and size."

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/12/23 19:01

red_johnny Re: Tuesday Chat 12.23.08
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

The other day the wife said it was so good it was macrobiotic
Posted on: 2008/12/23 19:19

vetteblondie Re: Tuesday Chat 12.23.08
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

Hope everyone had a good day. Crappy on my end as usual, the holiday advertising rush keeping me busy as heck. But, after tomorrow my time is all mine for 11 days.
I can't wait!
Posted on: 2008/12/24 3:30

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Schrade Re: Tuesday Chat 12.23.08
Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

Ma to Old McDonald, when she saw the hound full of ticks:

"Macrobiotic remover."
Posted on: 2008/12/24 4:35

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.