Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
292 user(s) are online (267 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  700R4
4-speed overdrive automatic transmission from 1982 to 1991....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CorvetteBob Early Friday Chat 3-19-10
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

I don't mean to steal anyone's thunder by starting this thread up, but I've got a different w'kend coming up.
Today at school, my son will become a "father", to bouncing baby simulator. It's one of those that needs to be fed, changed, puked, etc...
My wife and I agreed that we're gonna make this as inconvenient as possible for him to make sure he remembers what it's like when he meets a some slut. If we can make him remember the work, inconvenience, and loss of fun this is, maybe he'll keep it in his pants. Well that's what I have goin' on, how 'bout you guys?
Posted on: 2010/3/19 5:33

383tpimachine Re: Early Friday Chat 3-19-10
Master Guru
Corpus Christi
976 Posts

haha Im 19 and trust me that doesnt work. I rewired mine so it gave me a perfect score and never cried or anything.

Teach him to be safe not be a loser. Just saying

Im building a trailer to pull behind the vette to autox
Posted on: 2010/3/19 6:08

Durango_Boy Re: Early Friday Chat 3-19-10
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
2583 Posts

Hard lessons don't seem to teach today's youth anything any more. It just makes them bitter and they resent those who are better off.

Let's hear it for safe...'smart'...sex. LOL. And boobies.
Posted on: 2010/3/19 10:08
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Early Friday Chat 3-19-10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

GM CGs!

Hey, Bob, thanks for kicking it off this morning! Anyone is welcome to start the chat. I usually get to it first since I'm on early. I think that's hilarious about your son. But I agree, it's better to teach them to be smart. Some fake baby for two days isn't gonna teach him "safe sex". It's just an inconvenience for a couple of days.

Not much going on in the homestead. House is a mess like usual. Tried cleaning up a bit yesterday, but didn't seem to make a dent

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/3/19 11:21

TommyT-Bone Re: Early Friday Chat 3-19-10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I grew up in a heavily influenced Catholic area of Boston. When an unmarried girl got pregnant it was like wearing The Scarlet Letter. Kids today are born masterbating and looking for some action by the time they're in kindergarten. Sophomores in high school are looking to start a family. Kids today are a lot smarter and are much more mature for their age. 12 today is the 18 of yesterday. I think 12 can now be considered the age of adulthood and all resposibilities of adulthood should apply. Kick them to the street if they don't want to listen. You can't tell me teens today don't know better. They know way to much too soon. Great topic.
Posted on: 2010/3/19 12:15

pianoguy Re: Early Friday Chat 3-19-10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy all! Celebrating another trip around the sun today - I look forward to them less and less. Was thinking about driving the Vette today (since it decided to start again), but the forecast is calling for highs in the 30's, gusty winds and flurries.

Kids do learn way too much too early nowadays, but common sense still comes very slowly.

Have a great day!
Posted on: 2010/3/19 12:36

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Kids do learn way too much too early nowadays, but common sense still comes very slowly.

Nothin that a good ass whoopin couldn't straighten out.

Posted on: 2010/3/19 12:50

1Fast04Vert Re: Early Friday Chat 3-19-10
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

There is nothing common about common sense.
Posted on: 2010/3/19 13:17

CorvetteBob Re: Early Friday Chat 3-19-10
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

I agree with what most of you are saying, especially about 2 days doesn't teach 'em much. We just have to use the opportunities as they come. This wasn't our idea, he just came home one day and announced his intentions. He later admitted he did it so he could show us he's responsible.

Me and mom ain't buyin' it.
Posted on: 2010/3/19 15:35

teebee Re: Early Friday Chat 3-19-10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Morning Gurus. I've been up and I don't have the grandsons today, they stayed at home with their father (he's off today). I've been working at converting my vinyl to MP3s. It's a real time process. I've been listening to a bunch of my LPs that I haven't had out in 20+ years. Some of the songs I haven't heard in ages, quite a trip back.

You all know that being a high school teacher, I see it all. Common sense isn't common anymore, most of the kids want things handed to them on a silver platter. No offense to 383tpi, but his attitude about "fixing things" is prevalent, then when something comes along that they can't 'fix', it's somebody else fault, one of the reasons I'm getting out of education. Nobody wants to take responsibility. Even in our little town of around 2500, we have a 6th grader, 11 years old, pregnant with a 13 year old father. Maybe we aren't putting those "babies" to the right age group!? Make it as miserable as possible Bob, hopefully it will get the point across.

We are under a winter storm advisory....73* yesterday, today cold, wind blowing 30-40mph and snow is coming 3-6", blizzard conditions. My wife is at a meeting in Topeka and will have to drive through it later.
Posted on: 2010/3/19 15:52

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

1Fast04Vert Re: Early Friday Chat 3-19-10
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

70*F here today and tomorrow, so a good day to work outside.
I need to finish up a few things in detailing the Vette for the show on Sunday and get some yardwork done, including roto-tlling the garden.
Posted on: 2010/3/19 16:19

Matatk Re: Early Friday Chat 3-19-10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Wifey is off at work for a 4 hour fill in shift. I've got the house to myself for a little bit. Just finished up a great workout. Decided to dredge up some old workout sets and do some odd moves I haven't done in a while. For anyone interested, throw some step ups and good mornings in to your workout. A nice change of pace from the norm.

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/3/19 23:16

383tpimachine Re: Early Friday Chat 3-19-10
Master Guru
Corpus Christi
976 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Morning Gurus. I've been up and I don't have the grandsons today, they stayed at home with their father (he's off today). I've been working at converting my vinyl to MP3s. It's a real time process. I've been listening to a bunch of my LPs that I haven't had out in 20+ years. Some of the songs I haven't heard in ages, quite a trip back.

You all know that being a high school teacher, I see it all. Common sense isn't common anymore, most of the kids want things handed to them on a silver platter. No offense to 383tpi, but his attitude about "fixing things" is prevalent, then when something comes along that they can't 'fix', it's somebody else fault, one of the reasons I'm getting out of education. Nobody wants to take responsibility. Even in our little town of around 2500, we have a 6th grader, 11 years old, pregnant with a 13 year old father. Maybe we aren't putting those "babies" to the right age group!? Make it as miserable as possible Bob, hopefully it will get the point across.

We are under a winter storm advisory....73* yesterday, today cold, wind blowing 30-40mph and snow is coming 3-6", blizzard conditions. My wife is at a meeting in Topeka and will have to drive through it later.

No offense taken. I understand where your coming from and I am a firm believer in it is how you are raised. I earn 80% of what I get. The other 20% is pure luck I presume. I know between right and wrong through consequence and watching what is around me. Ass for your knocked up 6th grader thats just pathetic. If she didnt have the self respect to care for herself then its her own fault. reap the decisions you make.

On the plus side its nice and windy here so im going to work on my autox trailer to pull behind my vette. cheers
Posted on: 2010/3/20 0:20

bastet44 Re: Early Friday Chat 3-19-10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Evening, Gurus!

Just lounging here with my hot chocolate from Starbucks catching up on work emails.

Had a very lovely day at the track today! Gorgeous weather, great showing of vettes, and great presentations in the Corvette Corral. Looking forward to tomorrow's race and race-day activities.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 2:06

vetteblondie Re: Early Friday Chat 3-19-10
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

I would have screwed up that baby thing. Glad they didn't have that when I was in school. Let me have the baby when it gets to be about a year old and we're good.
Slow day at the new part time job today but had the pleasure of seeing a '79 black Corvette with 28,000 original miles. Still smelled new inside. He had the guys tint his windows and I was asked to make him a windshield strip with 'corvette' on it using the same lettering as the badge on the back but a darker charcoal grey so it would not sick out a bunch.
Hope everyone had a good day and enjoyed the sunshine.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 2:07

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

bastet44 Re: Early Friday Chat 3-19-10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Word of the Day for Friday, March 19, 2010

matutinal
\muh-TOOT-n-uhl\, adjective:

Relating to or occurring in the morning; early.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 2:07

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:
Word of the Day for Friday, March 19, 2010

matutinal
\muh-TOOT-n-uhl\, adjective:

Relating to or occurring in the morning; early.

Matutinal. What Matatk has nicknamed his toilet.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 2:57

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.