Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
251 user(s) are online (197 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Windows in the C4
Both should move up and down, quietly and reasonably fast.

If a window does not work, this most likely means a bad motor, but check the fuse pane...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 06.06.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable Saturday night. As far as us, we were at a family graduation/birthday party for our cousins. Was a nice time. Like usual we had to leave early (if 9 is considered early?) due to our other responsibilities. The 40 minute drive home through 15 miles of construction and pouring rain wasn't too pleasant, but oh well. I'm a little sluggish so far this morning but nothing too bad.

My wife and FIL are taking the baby to the county fairgrounds about an hour from the house. They have a big deal for farmers with livestock for sale, other farming junk. Not that we have a farm or anything, but my FIL has chickens in his backyard that lay fresh eggs every morning. He grew up on a farm, but mind you we live in the suburbs now. But none of his neighbors seem to mind! He has 6 chickens and wants to add a bunny (for the baby) and something else. I'm sure one day the code officers will come and shut down his little city farm, but until that day he keeps going. Kind of humorous.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/6/6 11:55

RickAnthony Re: Sunday Chat 06.06.10
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Ha that is funny!

Waiting for the wife to come up here and hopefully then we'll get to go out and do something fun this weekend.. been working on the 94' all day yesterday in the garage that has a list of stuff, waiting on some parts but have a few things left I can do on it until then...

-=Rick

BTW I'll have to post some pics of the the radiator on the 94' before and after cleaning... one of the complaints is the car runs really hot with the A/C on in heavy traffic... First found his front liscense plate laying infront of the condensor blocking air flow.. noone knows how it got there, then found a TON of debris (no suprise though) covering the radiator...
Posted on: 2010/6/6 11:58
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 06.06.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Back has been bugging me all week. A guy is supposed to come out and change the oil on our skid steer later today. I'm gonna watch so I can do it next time. There's a little trick involved at gaining access I have to learn. Wife went out to do an estimate. No big plan for the day and really I don't want one. I doubt the wife will agree. She'll still try to find something for me to do, afterall, it's only a backache. Can't be getting too comfortable ......
Posted on: 2010/6/6 13:01

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 06.06.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12371 Posts

Well Tommy, after posting last night I found out that the activity for today has been moved to next Sunday (and I'm not going to be able to help out then as I will be in Effingham Illinois). So today is going to be a much more relaxed Sunday. Going to be hot here again, not a hot as yesterday, but hot none the less (low 90's).

Matt here in our little town that is not out of the ordinary, but then again, we are a farming community. Rick, I remember how much junk was built up in the radiator of my 94....simply amazing. Tommy, you're going to have to take it easy with your back, having back issues are no fun.
Posted on: 2010/6/6 13:40

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Tommy, you're going to have to take it easy with your back, having back issues are no fun.

Don't think I won't try. I've got 30 years + of bad back experience. Just need to turn or bend the right way so the nerve finds it's way back home. Immobility is not your friend with a backache. It'll only get more rigid. Bend and stretch, reach for the sky ....... maybe the door jamb back crack.
Posted on: 2010/6/6 13:48

BillH Re: Sunday Chat 06.06.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Long day yesterday, I ended up doing tech inspection on 32 cars in the a.m. then rode in 5- 20 minutes ontrack sessions as an instructor with a guy in a Roush Mustang who was very fast for a new driver.
I'm black & blue in a few places from silding around in the seat. Stock seat belts really suck.

A friend of mine left his Mallett Corvette at home and brought out his new toy:

Attach file:

jpg  IMGP0745.JPG (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/6/6 13:52

vetteblondie Re: Sunday Chat 06.06.10
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4655 Posts

I'm surprised the neighbors can withstand those chickens cackling at daylight haha. I'm sure the appreciate the fresh eggs tho. Yesterday I slept most of the day, haven't felt well, had a phone fight, a funeral, then had dinner with my cousin. Have plans for today but still don't feel good. Want to get the car cleaned for a little trip I'm planning to take next week. A group here has a small Route 66 through Missouri thing cookin. Need to get at this house too. Ugh...
Posted on: 2010/6/6 14:29

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 06.06.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Long day yesterday, I ended up doing tech inspection on 32 cars in the a.m. then rode in 5- 20 minutes ontrack sessions as an instructor with a guy in a Roush Mustang who was very fast for a new driver.
I'm black & blue in a few places from silding around in the seat. Stock seat belts really suck.

Your friend isn't Bob Tullius, is he? Sweet-looking Jag!!

Hope everyone who is under the weather is feeling better soon. I'm gonna try not to lay an egg today.
Posted on: 2010/6/6 14:53

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

Your friend isn't Bob Tullius, is he? Sweet-looking Jag!!

Ha, no but this guy's got enough coin to buy anything he wants.
Notice the chrome headers/pipes, straight thru, no muffs.
Freeking loud but worth it to hear a V12 singing.
Posted on: 2010/6/6 15:07

bastet44 Re: Sunday Chat 06.06.10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Word of the Day for Sunday, June 6, 2010

bathos
\BEY-thos\, noun:

1. Triteness or triviality in style.
2. A ludicrous descent from the exalted or lofty to the commonplace; anticlimax.
3. Insincere pathos; sentimentality; mawkishness.
Posted on: 2010/6/6 16:03

biggrizzly Re: Sunday Chat 06.06.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Afternoon Gurus!!!

I survived the car show and it was a great success! Lots of cars showed up. I always would like more, but I was happy! Corvette-Guru.com ink pens were everywhere. As each car came into the lot they had to go through a funnel and be Classified and Tech'd in. Then we handed them a registration form and a GURU ink pen to fill it out. So, there are probably a couple hundred of these white and red ink pens floating around the Maryland / DC area today!! LOL
I think we gave them all away, if not we will use them at our autocross on July 11th. I think that is a better marketing tool than flyers and postcards.

I don't have any photos yet as I was too busy to take them myself, but will have some coming from other sources in the next few days to share! We really had some nice cars this year!!

Now, I'm going to go nap again!!
I'll be back in the swing of things again tomorrow!
Posted on: 2010/6/6 16:19

PeteK Re: Sunday Chat 06.06.10
Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

Well, todays plans shot to hell. I was hoping to drop the shortblock in the vette, but the "south florida like" severe storms just put the kiabosh to that.
Gotta love this area. Winters like Alaska, and summers like Florida. Not to mention gray and dreary every day.
Time for beer and Dorito's.
Posted on: 2010/6/6 16:41

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Good Afternoon Gurus!!!

I survived the car show and it was a great success! Lots of cars showed up. I always would like more, but I was happy! Corvette-Guru.com ink pens were everywhere. As each car came into the lot they had to go through a funnel and be Classified and Tech'd in. Then we handed them a registration form and a GURU ink pen to fill it out. So, there are probably a couple hundred of these white and red ink pens floating around the Maryland / DC area today!! LOL
I think we gave them all away, if not we will use them at our autocross on July 11th. I think that is a better marketing tool than flyers and postcards.

Glad it was a success. Volunteers always look wasted at the end of the day, participants look fresh.

At least you didn't get black & blue like I did.
At least I didn't have to put in the months work beforehand like you did.
Posted on: 2010/6/6 16:57

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:
Word of the Day for Sunday, June 6, 2010

bathos
\BEY-thos\, noun:

1. Triteness or triviality in style.
2. A ludicrous descent from the exalted or lofty to the commonplace; anticlimax.
3. Insincere pathos; sentimentality; mawkishness.

Just follow the pathos to the bathos. Someone is there waiting for you Matatk.

Attach file:

jpg  bath house.jpg (33.49 KB)
852_4c0bdf4d03325.jpg 456X319 px
Posted on: 2010/6/6 17:42

captmike13 Re: Sunday Chat 06.06.10
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2166 Posts

We didn't do much today. We took it easy and relaxed. I'll have to give the car a bath if we get some good weather.
Posted on: 2010/6/7 1:16

captmike13@yahoo.com

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.