Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
269 user(s) are online (229 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Grand Sport
RPO Z16.

A one year special. 1000 were made to honor both the end of the C4 and the original racers, called Grand Sports, from 1963.

All were...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 10.05.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, no baby :binky: Wifey is going to the doctor today to see what the deal is. We'll know more after that.

Never got around to working on the cars yesterday. Oh well. The zoo ate up most of the day and then we had some dinner and stopped by my cousin's place for a while. My wife still had never seen it and they've been there almost a year now. So that was nice, but didn't get home til almost 10.

I've gotta fix BIL's computer today. Hard drive/registry problem that hopefully repairing the drivers will take care of. It's almost time to spray this one with lighter fluid and drop a match on it. I think an HP will be the next laptop purchase for him. We'll see how much longer it lasts if I can repair it easily.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/10/5 12:41

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 10.05.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Good Morning.....sitting here at school and checking email before kids show. another nice fall day ahead. Not much planned. Just about got the new pickup the way I want it...for a while. I still want to put on a cat-back and CAI. I think I'm going to want until it's out of warranty.

Well the kids have shown and class is going to start. Bell just rang.
Posted on: 2010/10/5 13:04

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 10.05.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Just about got the new pickup the way I want it...for a while. I still want to put on a cat-back and CAI. I think I'm going to want until it's out of warranty.

Haven't you learned from corvettes...keep it stock...lol.
Posted on: 2010/10/5 13:33

Ultraman Re: Tuesday Chat 10.05.10
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Good morning! Not much happening here which is good. Ultraboy off to school today only on Advil. He seemed in good spirits. I'm having a hard time getting back in the groove after some time off but need to get going. Gotta sell stuff.

Matt everyday is closer to the big day, hang in there! Let's use attack formation Delta today Guru's.
Posted on: 2010/10/5 13:33

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Vetron87 Re: Tuesday Chat 10.05.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Another heavy frost last night. Skipped a school board meeting after school yesterday so my wife and I could enjoy the Vette before I put it up for winter. I have two emails from school board members bitchin at my lack of professionalism for not showing up at their little meeting. Reply! please note the following excuse for my abs. from your little get together, as per email yesterday my Corvette needed some attention. Since the mapping of the Human Geonome scientist have discovered a small genetic abnormality called the DAG. It seems like most if not all of our current school board has been afflicted with this gene. Better known as the Dumb Ass Gene it often occurs when meetings are called for no earthly purpose then too hear each of the board members talk. This is also accompanied by bouts of arrogance, deep confused looks and the aire of make believe intelligence. There is no known cure for this abnormality.
Next time you want to waste my time think about e-mailing the your questions. Since Al Gore invented the internet I will probably get back to you in a week or two. Whata think guys not bad for a Shop Teacher.
Back to the important things. Took my wife to Indy afterschool about a 250 mile round trip in the Vette. I love driving at night. We ate at the Eagles nest at the HyattRegency. That experience will be tucked away in my brain cells forever. Nice leisurely drive! we got almost 30 mpg. Just turned 36K
Posted on: 2010/10/5 13:39

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

This is great receiving a lot of e-mails about my attitude now. Damn its a good thing I'm such a caring human being! Shakeum today! rattle their cages. I could be unemployed by noon! hah retirement like Tommy!
Posted on: 2010/10/5 13:52

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 10.05.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hidey-ho! I'm moving kind of slow today for some reason, but at least it's a short week. Gonna take tomorrow afternoon off to play golf, and then taking Friday off to go visit my sister for a couple days. Need to start thinking about putting the Vette away, as I'm getting tired of shuffling cars around in the driveway.

Have a good day, everyone!
Posted on: 2010/10/5 13:54

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Yea Ron, that's pretty good for a dumb-ole shop teacher. What are they going to do, Fire ya?
Posted on: 2010/10/5 14:41

Resized Image

BillH Re: Tuesday Chat 10.05.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
This is great receiving a lot of e-mails about my attitude now.

Cause your attitude doesn't conform.

You're supposed to be in those meetings doing this to every statement they make.
Posted on: 2010/10/5 14:57

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Yea Ron, that's pretty good for a dumb-ole shop teacher. What are they going to do, Fire ya?

Tom I have 9 e-mails already! 5 are in support of my stance on no bullshit and wasting valuable time. Cool I really wanted to piss people off! I need to try harder next time.
I e-mailed the El-Presidentae and ask her the same thing"whata gonna do fire me!
God I love politics!
Posted on: 2010/10/5 16:02

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
This is great receiving a lot of e-mails about my attitude now.

Cause your attitude doesn't conform.

You're supposed to be in those meetings doing this to every statement they make.

Bill I must have missed that week in human development! Maybe because I was raised by frickin wolves
Posted on: 2010/10/5 16:03

Huskerland
14746 Posts

Ron, Ron, such rebellion! Can't we all just get along? Don't you know that meetings are the reason those people exsist? With out those meetings they would have a hard time justifying their exsistance.

Sounds like a great drive on a great night. I'm self employed so I set my meetings for in the Corvette. I have never missed one yet.
Posted on: 2010/10/5 16:26

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
[quote]
teebee wrote:

I e-mailed the El-Presidentae and ask her the same thing"whata gonna do fire me!

Her reply "I requesting that Mr.>>>>>>> be written up for lack of professionalism" My response "go ahead I'm on Vol. 9 anyway, shooting for vol.10.
Oh by the way! your meeting requires payment to those employees that attend after the regular school day. All meeting are optional as stated by the minutes date>>>>>>. Two teachers showed up to your meeting what happened to the rest of the 23. I'm the only one that told you the truth. Oh I forgot Mrs>>>>>> you have problems with that concept! Seems like you need to meet with my attorney on this manner.
In closing you really need to ask yourself: why don't people respect me! and why can't I get along with people in general. Could it be lack of intellectual properties, or just all around bad judgement. Maybe its bad karma, just the dumb ass gene gone wild. I will wait for your response. Not really but trying to be understanding.
Posted on: 2010/10/5 16:39

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Ron, Ron, such rebellion! Can't we all just get along? Don't you know that meetings are the reason those people exsist? With out those meetings they would have a hard time justifying their exsistance.

Sounds like a great drive on a great night. I'm self employed so I set my meetings for in the Corvette. I have never missed one yet.

Marcus your right I have been an asshole today! I usually teach love, peace and kumbayah. Today however, I'm on the spirited side of professionalism. Yea ever have one of those days where you just want to tell people exactly what you think? Well I have those about two times a month. In a couple of weeks it might be laptop usage and burning a hole in your crotch or serving a happy meal with out the toy! so its not a happy meal anymore its just a meal. What would little kids do without their dose of lead from China. Yea see how I piss people off.
Posted on: 2010/10/5 16:49

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

You're killing me Ron! ROFL
Posted on: 2010/10/5 17:38

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 10.05.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Hey, Ron, what are you gonna do during your suspension days

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/10/5 17:44

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Hey, Ron, what are you gonna do during your suspension days

Matthew

No suspensions I have told them before I work with assholes all day long one more won't make a difference. Its hard to fix stupid!!
Education is one of those areas where everybody has an opinion. An opinion is like your butt everybody has one. This particular group is full of themselves. 7 of the 9 have never taught a day in their lives.
Posted on: 2010/10/5 18:07

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

I'm on a roll now! This is the same group that 3 years ago I took away a loaded 9mm pistol from a student and they began to chastise me for using excessive force. I told them "look he left with both ears, a few bruises but nothing that time wouldn't heal and he's alive" what more do you what from a teacher! They changed their tune later and wanted me to take time off with pay in case I was traumatized by starring down the barrel of a gun. Go figure! Traumatized my ass!
Posted on: 2010/10/5 18:19

1Fast04Vert Re: Tuesday Chat 10.05.10
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

With Tommy out of touch I was concerned that the daily chat might be less amusing. Ron is on a roll and no lack of entertainment here today.

I actually went thru college and did the student teaching thing a long long time ago. I thought the kids were OK, but the administrators sucked big time. Enough that I never did teach after graduating from college.
Posted on: 2010/10/5 19:11

BillH Re: Tuesday Chat 10.05.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
I'm on a roll now! This is the same group that 3 years ago I took away a loaded 9mm pistol from a student and they began to chastise me for using excessive force. I told them "look he left with both ears, a few bruises but nothing that time wouldn't heal and he's alive" what more do you what from a teacher! They changed their tune later and wanted me to take time off with pay in case I was traumatized by starring down the barrel of a gun. Go figure! Traumatized my ass!

When we went to school, it would never have happened.

When we went to school, any type of bullying would have been taken care of with an ass kicking.

Years ago, you would have been called a hero.

What they wanted with that student was to give him a "Time Out", explain to him that bringing a gun to school wasn't a good idea, that always works.
And of course the next time he brings it, another "Time Out" is the best course.
And when he shoots a teacher, we'll just say that he's a product of his enviroment and we'll discuss putting him on probation.

The scary thing is that these people are actually teaching our children.
Posted on: 2010/10/5 20:12

Huskerland
14746 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:

I think you should have done the traumatized thing and taken a nice time off working on the Vette and getting all better. I remember when our shop teacher would get his huge paddle out with the holes drilled in it so no air built up to take away the hurt, as he would bend some dumb ass over the bench and whail on him. I think that traumatized me now that you think about it. I think I need some time off this afternoon.
Posted on: 2010/10/5 20:44

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Hah life is good again! Just took the 87 out for a meditative drive and zened out washing and waxing.
Posted on: 2010/10/5 23:04

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:

When we went to school, it would never have happened.

When we went to school, any type of bullying would have been taken care of with an ass kicking.

Years ago, you would have been called a hero.

What they wanted with that student was to give him a "Time Out", explain to him that bringing a gun to school wasn't a good idea, that always works.
And of course the next time he brings it, another "Time Out" is the best course.
And when he shoots a teacher, we'll just say that he's a product of his enviroment and we'll discuss putting him on probation.

The scary thing is that these people are actually teaching our children.

Bill they did ask me if I had it to do over again what would I do different. Told them I would have water boarded his ass. Does head on a stick mean anything to you.
Posted on: 2010/10/5 23:08

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 10.05.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hahahaha, you go, Ron!

Meanwhile, it sounds like Randy Moss is likely headed back to MN. We need somebody here who can catch the frigging ball.
Posted on: 2010/10/6 0:29

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

RickAnthony Re: Tuesday Chat 10.05.10
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

Well, no baby :binky: Wifey is going to the doctor today to see what the deal is. We'll know more after that.

Never got around to working on the cars yesterday. Oh well. The zoo ate up most of the day and then we had some dinner and stopped by my cousin's place for a while. My wife still had never seen it and they've been there almost a year now. So that was nice, but didn't get home til almost 10.

I've gotta fix BIL's computer today. Hard drive/registry problem that hopefully repairing the drivers will take care of. It's almost time to spray this one with lighter fluid and drop a match on it. I think an HP will be the next laptop purchase for him. We'll see how much longer it lasts if I can repair it easily.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

Keep us upto date on whats going on!

Always had good luck with HP, I have 2 HP desktops, an older hp latop and the wife has a newer HP laptop as well..

-=Rick
Posted on: 2010/10/6 0:47
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

chisgt Re: Tuesday Chat 10.05.10
Guru Newb
chitown
58 Posts

Ron, Are you telling me you didnt take the time off? You seem deeply traumatized. I think you are only now allowing the trauma from this incident to surface and you could probably use a few sunny days in the corvette to regroup. That and and not having to attend stupid meetings that never accomplish anything truly related to the benefit of the student or teacher.
Posted on: 2010/10/6 2:05

RickAnthony Re: Tuesday Chat 10.05.10
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:

That's crazy... it's scary whats happening with kids today.. and how it's happening..
-=Rick
Posted on: 2010/10/6 4:24
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

zoe6 Re: Tuesday Chat 10.05.10
Senior Guru
Northern Indiana
167 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:

What vetron didn't tell you the kid was almost 20 with 10 credit hours and a gangbanger. He had the gun to intimidate his last hour teacher. Gun was loaded with the safety off with a round chambered. Dad isolated the kid from the rest of his students and put himself in the line of fire. Made news headlines but credited the security for the arrest. It was only when the school board started to question and make assumptions negative towards dad that the community stepped in and the truth immerged. Dad tries to keep his past in the past. I may be biased but his past may have saved the future of a few students and a teacher. The students broken wrist healed nicely, it could have been a lot worse. Erin
Posted on: 2010/10/7 0:42

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.