Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
282 user(s) are online (258 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60E
Automatic Transmission - 4 Speed

1st Gear: 3.06
2nd Gear: 1.62
3rd Gear: 1.00
4th Gear: 0.70

Reverse: 2.29

- Used in production GM models...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Wednesday Chat 04.13.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Boston was great. It was good to be back to my hometown. The temps ranged in the 40 to 60 range average. Drove past my childhood home and said hello to our old neighbor that still lives in the house next door. Met up with a couple of friends that I've had since my teens. We had a nice family style dinner at an Italian restaurant Saturday night. Sunday night we saw the Sox spank the Yanks 4-0 with Becket on the mound for Boston. My nephews step father scored the tickets. We were on the first base side about 10 rows back from the field in the box seats. Had a great view of the players coming out of the dugout, first base and home plate. Fenway was amazing. Lots of new digital boards. Old park feel with some modern upgrades. Next year is Fenways 100th year anniversary.
The 928 was in a little better cosmetic shape than I expected though I have lots of issues to sort. Some easy some not so easy. The emergency brake had been set years ago. I released it but the brakes were locked up in the rear. Went to take off the wheels and the passenger side rear needed some additional persuassion to seperate the wheel from the hub. After that we sprayed everything down, gave the calipers a few loving taps and pryed a little here and there and got them free. Rolled it back into the driveway. Luckily it has been garaged all these years or it really would have been a basket case. Gave it a quick bath and then all we had to do was wait for the hauler. They showd up on Monday afternoon. We helped roll it to the carrier and the guys took it from there. It was placed on the top rear platform and will stay there till deivery tomorow. It has some light mildew on the interior leather/plastic and the seats and carpets will need a bath. Looking forward to spending some time and getting to know this car. I'm sure by the time I'm done I will have an intimate relationship with this 928. I'll know I've been f~(%ed. .......... Royally ............
Posted on: 2011/4/13 11:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Good morning! Dark and dreary here, spitting a little rain. Weather's gonna go downhill for the next few days, just as we were getting used to spring. Looking forward to seeing some pics and following your progress, Tommy.

Have a good one, yawlz!
Posted on: 2011/4/13 12:14

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Matatk Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

On my way to the Nissan dealer in a few minutes to drop off my truck for service. While I'm there I think I might talk to the sales guy about a trade in. Not quite ready yet, but it's coming up soon.

Tommy - is the car promised tomorrow like they were supposed to pick it up in the morning? I hope it makes it without any hiccups. I'm sure it's gonna take some work, but since it has sentimental value I don't think that'll be a problem for you. And we want to see some pictures when you get it home!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/4/13 12:15

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Good morning guys....Not really so good, my eyes are very tired. My SIL is in the hospital and won't be out soon. I guess he has been fighting depression for some time....wife and I never had a clue. Well, yesterday I guess he had more than he could take and jumped off a building. He's hurt pretty bad, but alive. I guess I just don't understand depression, or how you can get to that point....I don't know.

We are here with the grandkids, they just know that daddy "had an accident". The oldest I think, has an idea, the others just want to "go see daddy". My daughter is angry and I don't think see understands either......See goes to see a counselor today, I or the wife may go with her...I don't know.

I hope everyone has a better day than I seem to have.
Posted on: 2011/4/13 12:31

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Very sorry to hear about this. What goes on in other peoples mind I will never understand. I recently had a talk with my BIL while he was in a depressed state. The next night he overdosed and was holding a gun to his head but couldn't pull the trigger. He was Baker Acted and was out in a few days. Although the physiical and mental ramifications of your situation are much more severe, I wish you and your family well in coping with the aftermath of a life altering situation.
Posted on: 2011/4/13 13:03

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Wow, mojo for your family, teebee! Can't even imagine what that ordeal must be like.
Posted on: 2011/4/13 13:22

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Thanks guys, not sure how things are going to be. We are trying to keep things as "normal" as possible. The older girls went to school, the younger ones, we are taking to day care (Montessori school) and try to keep as normal of a schedule as possible.
Posted on: 2011/4/13 13:28

Resized Image

BillH Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Good luck Tom.

Well, the grout I put in yesterday dried way lighter than the color on the card, amazing.
So, guess I'll get out the hammer & chisel today. Que Sara Sara.
Posted on: 2011/4/13 13:32

Ultraman Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Tom I am so sorry that you and yours are going through that. I am so glad he survived because now the real help can start. Whatever it is that drove him to this he will now be forced to deal with it and once that happens someday he will thank the Lord he did not die because he has so much to live for. You will all be in our prayers!

Cooler and cloudy here today with worse weather on the horizon. Farmers hurrying to get as much corn planted as possible. I am going down to see what is happening on my car a little later this AM.

Tommy glad you had a good time. I watched that game and kept looking for you but didn't see you. Of course no one knows what you look like but that didn't matter. Can't wait for some pics.

Gotta go the phone is ringing. Let's roll Guru's!
Posted on: 2011/4/13 14:04

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Just got back from the hospital...well, he looks pretty rough, collapsed lung broken ribs, head injury, but he is coherent and remorseful. He said he guessed God was looking out for him. He landed on a car, smashed the windshield and hood, now my daughter is trying to figure out whether some kind of her insurance covers such a thing, if not, she'll have to pay for the damages somehow. His folks were here and they are distraught as to be expected, but they are actually holding up as well as can be expected.

I may try and take a nap this afternoon my short night is catching up on me.
Posted on: 2011/4/13 15:55

Resized Image

JeffK Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.11
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

Wow, that's terrible Tom. Hopefully this will open his eyes and help him get out of whatever funk he's in.

Tommy, can't wait to see some pics.

Bill, seems like the neverending story over there. Sorry your grout didn't come out the way you wanted.

Matt, watch out for those salesmen, you might come home in a new GTR.

Nothing exciting going on here, Vette is sitting in the garage until I either light it on fire or figure out my valvetrain issue.

Weather is cool and windy today.
Posted on: 2011/4/13 16:47

pr0zac Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.11
Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

wow.. sometimes life gets way off track for people and its hard getting it back straight. i certainly know how that feels. sometimes you gotta really breakdown to start going back up again. hope he gets better soon.
Posted on: 2011/4/13 18:04

biggrizzly Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Tom - My heart goes out to your family and your daughter!! I know that she must be having a hard time understanding all of this. I too am glad he survived, so that he can get the help he needs. Nothing is worth taking your life over and I think he may discover this once he recovers and gets to really talk to some professionals about his life and what led up to this event.

Tommy -- We missed you dude! Glad you are back and you have a new toy to fart around with. Post some photos when you get a chance.

Good News from the hospital. I am exhausted. We just got home around 1:00pm and Kathie is resting now as we try to get settled back in. From the preliminary examination of the tissues at surgery it appears that the cancer has not metastasized to the lymph system; therefore she most likely will not have to undergo any Chemo, just radiation treatments.

The Doc said that the cancerous cell tissue was very small and really hard to discern without the markers and radio-graphs but she feels that she got it all. I guess I'm a little uncertain why they have to do the radiation if they got all the cancer cells at surgery. I guess its a preventative thing and insurance that they did indeed get it all.

Thanks again for all your well wishes and support. I really think she is out of the weeds, even though she's got a couple more months to deal with doctors and hospitals.
Posted on: 2011/4/13 18:55

bogus Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.11
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Wow... teebee, that sucks. I sure hope he is better and can get some treatment for his depression.

A bit of comfort, if he is covered for health insurance, this will be covered. Life ins is the tricky one...
Posted on: 2011/4/13 18:57

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

flyboy Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.11
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

teebee, I'm very sorry to hear that.
T-bone,
Posted on: 2011/4/13 19:25

JeffK Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.11
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Good News from the hospital. I am exhausted. We just got home around 1:00pm and Kathie is resting now as we try to get settled back in. From the preliminary examination of the tissues at surgery it appears that the cancer has not metastasized to the lymph system; therefore she most likely will not have to undergo any Chemo, just radiation treatments.

The Doc said that the cancerous cell tissue was very small and really hard to discern without the markers and radio-graphs but she feels that she got it all. I guess I'm a little uncertain why they have to do the radiation if they got all the cancer cells at surgery. I guess its a preventative thing and insurance that they did indeed get it all.

Thanks again for all your well wishes and support. I really think she is out of the weeds, even though she's got a couple more months to deal with doctors and hospitals.

That is great to hear Don! Radiation treatments are not as hard on the body as Chemo. Jason had 16 weeks worth.
Posted on: 2011/4/13 19:51

Matatk Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

TB - very sorry to hear about the family situation. I hope he can get the help he needs and the family can pull through this.

Don - glad to hear it's a positive diagnosis for you and the wife!

Jeff - they coincidentally have a GTR sitting on the show room floor...roped off, of course But I did see a new car that tickles my fancy...see other vehicles.

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/4/13 20:41

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Don glad to hear of the good report. I was only gone a few days guys. It's nice to know that I'm missed. Photos will be posted tomorrow or the day after. I have some shots of the pick up too. Post them when I can. My wife has the camera.
FIL is in the hospital. Went in last night complaining of severe pain. They're testing to see what and where. Could be gall stones. Waiting for two test results. They said they couldn't do these two tests on the same day so one was done today and one will be done tomorrow.
A/C clutch on the 91 started smoking. I'm gonna post a tech thread on that. Only goes to show .......... It's always somethin!
Posted on: 2011/4/13 20:57

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Terrific news, Don, really glad to hear! Mojo for your FIL, Tommy, and for whoever else needs some.
Posted on: 2011/4/13 22:19

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Don, that's great news! The power of prayer is awesome and prayers do help.

Everyone else, thank you for your well wishes and prayers. I think that all have been a help. They actually came out and said he is progressing way better than expected. The landing on the car, although not so good on the car, probably saved his life, by "cushioning" the impact approx a 40' drop.

He has a long way to go, they have a "babysitter" with him 24/7. After he gets out of the hospital for his physical injuries, he'll have a stay in the psychiatric ward. Not sure where this leaves their marriage, I guess his depression goes back a long time (high school, 38 now) and the ups and downs (which my wife and I were basically unaware of) have worn too much on our daughter.

Sorry, guys, I just have to unload some of this information I've been inundated with the last 24 hours.
Posted on: 2011/4/13 23:06

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Don, great news will keep praying until she is outta the woods.

TB, unload all you want. Hope we can encourage you and help you and your family get through this.

Tommy keep us posted on your situation.
Posted on: 2011/4/13 23:28

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

RickAnthony Re: Wednesday Chat 04.13.11
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

TB, we are praying for your SIL and family...
Posted on: 2011/4/14 3:37
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.