Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
277 user(s) are online (224 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  A4
Generic reference to an automatic equipped C4. All are 4-speed overdrive units....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Thursday Chat 12.04.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Wakey wakey eggs & bakey! How is everyone's day so far? it's chilly out there today. Radio said about 14 degrees out right now! Ugh. I guess that coupled with the little bit of snow we got yesterday means winter is here to stay! And I still have to wash the vette. Yeah, I know, I'm about a month behind.

So I'm sitting here watching Tom & Jerry (yes, I'm 9 years old) and eating my eggs and toast. So I was thinking, there are so many ways to prepare eggs, what's your favorite? Mine is sunny side up, which is what I have on the plate now. So that's the Guru question of the day. How do you like your eggs?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

PS - thanks for posting up yesterday everyone!

THURSDAY JOKE OF THE DAY:

...is egg related....haha

A man is at a club trying to pick up a pretty girl, and approaches her with a pick up line.

Man: "How do you like your eggs in the morning?"
Woman: "Unfertilized!"
Posted on: 2008/12/4 13:47

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat 12.04.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

PS - Don't forget about trivia tonight! I'll try to be there if I can.

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/12/4 13:49

pianoguy Re: Thursday Chat 12.04.08
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Har!

Yeah, we're on our way to a high of 19 today, just delightful. Only another 7 months and it'll be nice out.

I like eggs just about any way but poached. Now I'm hungry :-P
Posted on: 2008/12/4 14:01

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Notorious Re: Thursday Chat 12.04.08
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

A man is on vacation out west and visits an Indian reservation. There is a 90 year old Indian man there who is said to have the best memory in the world. So the tourist asks him jokingly what he had for breakfast on August 12, 1938. The old man answers, "Ham and eggs." The visitor doesn't take it too seriously and continues on. Ten years later he's visiting the same reservation again and is surprised to see the same man, now 100 years old. He walks up to him and mocking the cliche Indian greeting, raises his hand and says, "How!" The old Indian answers, "Scrambled."
Posted on: 2008/12/4 14:03

CSS996 Re: Thursday Chat 12.04.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

Taking the day off to get my mom back to the airport! w00t!

Scrambled eggs for me. Never really tried anything else. Runny foods and shiny blobs scare me, food wise. I have issues, yes.
Posted on: 2008/12/4 14:05

DaleD Re: Thursday Chat 12.04.08
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Not a good morning in my world. My damn roof is leaking, again. New place. The damage is minor, but it's like a sieve, leaks all over. Problem is, it's a split, very low pitch. That's not good, as I am learning, in Ohio with ice and snow. The current roof, while relatively new, was put on improperly. Oh, and a split has a huge surface area for the roof. Got an estimate, $11k for a new roof. I'm sick.

The only way I can make it happen without risking financial harm to the family is sell the Vette. I'm going to seriously try to sell it for $7.5k. If that doesn't work in the next month or two, I'll just sell it to the local dealer.

As you can imagine, my day sucks.
Posted on: 2008/12/4 14:22

CSS996 Re: Thursday Chat 12.04.08
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Aw shit, Dale! That's bloody awful! Hopefully a better resolution can be found. CRAP!
Posted on: 2008/12/4 14:40

Schrade Re: Thursday Chat 12.04.08
Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

Eggs. 4, scrambled, with about 3/4 pound of Red Hickory prepared pork bbq mixed in.

High energy, and chock full of starter clots. Better make SURE to burn it uh huh.

Q: What's the difference between an anchor, and a lawyer?

A: You tie a rope around one so you can get it back.
Posted on: 2008/12/4 14:40

Resized Image

Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
Aw shit, Dale! That's bloody awful! Hopefully a better resolution can be found. CRAP!

In the grand scheme of things, it's not so bad. I mean, there are people with no job trying to pay bills, etc. I'm trying to keep perspective, but it doesn't make me feel a lot better right now.
Posted on: 2008/12/4 14:49

1Fast04Vert Re: Thursday Chat 12.04.08
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Dale, what kind of roof can cost $11K?

Difference between a dead lawyer and a dead skunk laying in the road? There will be skid marks in front of the skunk.
Posted on: 2008/12/4 14:56

patgizz Re: Thursday Chat 12.04.08
Senior Guru
Medina, OH
228 Posts

dale,

sorry to hear, roofing sucks. my 25 year warranty shingles are failing at 10 years and i have to do a complete tearoff/rot fix/reroof in the spring because of it.

call these guys for an estimate, they are licensed/bonded/insured and i've sent several of my customers to them and they always do great work

http://www.gridironguys.net/

my day is going to consist of going to lowe's to get some tile, coming home and finishing up the rebuild of the 96 astro(y pipe, belt, fan, and shroud are all i have to hook up i think, after having the engine about down to a bare block/tranny out in the van) - never buy an astro that needs engine work because the van has to come up off the frame to get it out or the block needs stripped and pulled through the interior, neither of which i was going to do so i put in a new crank, 2 rods, heads, timing set, and all new gaskets - in the van. i've been working on it off and on for a year and finally it's time to get it done and get the vette in for go-fast mods.
Posted on: 2008/12/4 15:01

Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

Quote:

DaleD wrote:
Not a good morning in my world. My damn roof is leaking, again. New place. The damage is minor, but it's like a sieve, leaks all over. Problem is, it's a split, very low pitch.

The roofers didn't put in step-flashing. Probably put in a single strip. That will allow water everywhere. Once it's in, it WILL get all over.

If the roof is new, you can repair it yourself for no more than a few $hundred, or find a contractor to repair it for less than $11k...
Posted on: 2008/12/4 15:14

Resized Image

Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Quote:

95vette wrote:

A roof with a 12-2 1/2 pitch in Ohio that requires 40 squares. Has to be a complete tearoff, already have 2 roofs on it. The big ticket item is the felt. It was explained to me that felt comes in grades 15 to 180 by 15's. 15 being paper thin. For a semi-flat roof like mine, I'll need high grade felt, very expensive.
Posted on: 2008/12/4 15:20

pianoguy Re: Thursday Chat 12.04.08
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

DaleD wrote:
Not a good morning in my world. My damn roof is leaking, again. New place. The damage is minor, but it's like a sieve, leaks all over. Problem is, it's a split, very low pitch. That's not good, as I am learning, in Ohio with ice and snow. The current roof, while relatively new, was put on improperly. Oh, and a split has a huge surface area for the roof. Got an estimate, $11k for a new roof. I'm sick.

The only way I can make it happen without risking financial harm to the family is sell the Vette. I'm going to seriously try to sell it for $7.5k. If that doesn't work in the next month or two, I'll just sell it to the local dealer.

As you can imagine, my day sucks.

That sucks! You recently bought this place? Shouldn't the previous owner have some liability?
Posted on: 2008/12/4 15:28

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

joeld Re: Thursday Chat 12.04.08
Guru
Lawrenceville Ga
718 Posts

Anytime I see roof repair, I get nervous. Mine is living on borrowed time right now. Seems like home repairs always hit at the worst time.
Decent temp outside for me today. But got to start to Christmas shopping soon, oh the joy!
Have a good day.

As far as the eggs go. I like mine fried and crispy around the edge! Most of all I like a 1 lb slab of country ham with them.

Joel
Posted on: 2008/12/4 15:29

Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

That sucks! You recently bought this place? Shouldn't the previous owner have some liability?

I've owned it 4 years. I called the previous owner just to find out who put the roof on, she's pretty senile at this point.
Posted on: 2008/12/4 15:31

CentralCoaster Re: Thursday Chat 12.04.08
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I cook the bacon first, then crack the eggs into the leftover bacon chunks and grease, then pan scramble the eggs.

Comes out a little grey and greasy, and muy tasty.
Posted on: 2008/12/4 15:54

CentralCoaster Re: Thursday Chat 12.04.08
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

95vette wrote:

You could buy all the materials for about $1 per square foot.
Posted on: 2008/12/4 15:56

Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

Quote:

DaleD wrote:
Quote:

95vette wrote:

A roof with a 12-2 1/2 pitch in Ohio that requires 40 squares. Has to be a complete tearoff, already have 2 roofs on it. The big ticket item is the felt. It was explained to me that felt comes in grades 15 to 180 by 15's. 15 being paper thin. For a semi-flat roof like mine, I'll need high grade felt, very expensive.

Unless it's code, you do not need high grade felt.

Explained to you?

Don't 'splain stuff to me. SHOW me. On paper.

Cuisinart's landlord said such and such. Don't 'said' nuthin' to me - SHOW me the paper.

So and so's mechanic said it's probably this thing broken. Sounds GREAT. Now SHOW me why you think that UH HUH!
Posted on: 2008/12/4 16:59

Resized Image

BrianCunningham Re: Thursday Chat 12.04.08
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

omelets for me

Still waiting for this supposed warmup before the deep freeze over the weekend. brrr...
Posted on: 2008/12/4 19:10

skirlin Re: Thursday Chat 12.04.08
Senior Guru
Caledonia Michigan
277 Posts

Good afternoon all, wow Dale that sucks. I am glad when I bought mine last month the roof and well had both been done in the last five years, both of which are necessary and expensive to do.

Well I just called into work sick. I started the week off sick but had to go to work so I did not loose my holiday pay but by Tuesday I was feeling better. Then yesterday I guess it was time for round two. What also didn't help yesterday was ten minutes before leaving for work an orange Aztec took out my neighbors and my mail box. Even though it was a hit and run he left parts of the car behind thus leaving clues to the vehicle identity. Oh, and a witness stopped and said the impact was rather impressive to watch. My 6 month old jumbo mail box exploded into pieces. The mount was a piece of 1/4" thick angle iron welded to a 3" square tubing buried 3 feet into the ground. He bent the tubing to the ground and ripped off the angle iron. I now have a new urgent project to get done in low 30 temps in snow while sick. Hooyah.

Eggs, over medium with bacon and side of grits.

Speaking of eggs:

PREGNANT TURKEY STORY One year at Thanksgiving, my mom went to my
sister's
house for the traditional feast. Knowing how gullible my sister is, my
mom
decided to play a trick. She told my sister that she needed something
from
the store. When my sister left, my mom took the turkey out of the oven,
removed the stuffing, stuffed a Cornish hen, and inserted it into the
turkey,
and re-stuffed the turkey. She then placed the bird(s) back in the
oven.
When it was time for dinner, my sister pulled the turkey out of the oven
and
proceeded to remove the stuffing. When her serving spoon hit something,
she
reached in and pulled out the little bird. With a look of total shock on
her
face, my mother exclaimed, "Patricia, you've cooked a pregnant bird!."
At
the reality of this horrifying news, my sister started to cry. It took
the
family two hours to convince her that turkeys lay eggs!
Yep.................SHE'S BLONDE!

I'm gonna take some meds and climb back into bed, have a great day y'all. Dave.
Posted on: 2008/12/4 19:57

Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

Quote:

skirlin wrote:
What also didn't help yesterday was ten minutes before leaving for work an orange Aztec took out my neighbors and my mail box. Even though it was a hit and run he left parts of the car behind thus leaving clues to the vehicle identity. Oh, and a witness stopped and said the impact was rather impressive to watch. My 6 month old jumbo mail box exploded into pieces. The mount was a piece of 1/4" thick angle iron welded to a 3" square tubing buried 3 feet into the ground. He bent the tubing to the ground and ripped off the angle iron. I now have a new urgent project to get done in low 30 temps in snow while sick. Hooyah.

YIKES!

Sounds like a drive-by delivery.
Posted on: 2008/12/4 21:37

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat 12.04.08
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Dale -

Sorry to hear about your roofing troubles. Did you contact your insurance agent? Sometimes this stuff is covered under homeowner's insurance. My friend had a leaking window and the ins co paid for the plaster and wood floors to be fixed, several thousand dollars worth of repairs. Just a thought.

Good luck,

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/12/4 22:23

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.