Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
322 user(s) are online (262 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Fluff How do you flush the ABS?
Senior Guru
Winchester UK & Alicante ES
247 Posts

I've decided to flush and change my brake fluid as the current stuff looks well past its best!

I have no problem with a normal flush/bleed, working from the furthest caliper from the master cylinder to the nearest I assume, but how do I ensure the ABS system gets flushed and doesn't retain some of the old fluid?

Looking in the cubby hole behind the drivers seat, there appears to be a bleed nipple on the ABS module/pipework, do I need to flush at this point as well?

I'm confused as to how the system can be properly flushed without the ABS solenoids being cycled (ie activated), any thoughts please.

Also can anyone tell me how the vacuum valve is removed from the the brake booster. It seems like a push/pull fit, but I've tried gently levering it out and I'm getting nervous of using too much force in case I break something!
Posted on: 2009/8/3 9:54
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus Re: How do you flush the ABS?
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Thats the way to do it.

I don't know of any special processess that can be done without the TechII device from GM.
Posted on: 2009/8/3 10:21

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Fluff Re: How do you flush the ABS?
Senior Guru
247 Posts

Sorry, you've lost me there bogus, which bit is the way to do it.

Do I need to bleed at the nipple on the ABS module, if so is it done first/last, engine running/off.

Whats a Techll, something I need?
Posted on: 2009/8/3 10:40

bogus Re: How do you flush the ABS?
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Tech II is a very expensive box that GM dealers use... you don't need it.

The process of bleeding the brakes is traditional. I wouldn't bother messing with the ABS.
Posted on: 2009/8/3 12:59

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Matatk Re: How do you flush the ABS?
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

The tech II is a tool that releases the little bit of fluid left in the ABS unit lines. It's super expensive. Instead of that, bleed the system once with new fluid, then go out and make 3 or 4 real fast panic stops and engage the ABS each time. That should flush most of the old stuff out and back into the regular lines. Then you can bleed the system again. Don't touch the ABS unit itself.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/8/3 13:18

BrianCunningham Re: How do you flush the ABS?
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Tech 2 is GM's scan tool, it also does some other diagnostics

http://www.etoolcart.com/browseproduc ... er-Tech-2----OTC3628.HTML

Resized Image

Their may be another way of doing it.

I know some years, you just open up the bleeder on the unit.
Posted on: 2009/8/3 13:25

pianoguy Re: How do you flush the ABS?
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

In the FSM, they describe using the Tech II to open the valves, etc. For $3200, I like Matt's method much better.
Posted on: 2009/8/3 13:27

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Senior Guru
247 Posts

Wow yes 3+k for the tool sent my pulse up a tad, your right can't justify that for my use.

The current fluid is *real* mucky and I don't want to contaminate the new stuff with left over residue if I can prevent it. I'll try the bleed-hairy brake-bleed method. Thanks for the advice guys.

BTW: does anyone know how to get that vacuum valve (think thats what its called) off of the booster???
Posted on: 2009/8/3 13:36

pianoguy Re: How do you flush the ABS?
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

That check valve should just be held in by a rubber grommet - I imagine it's just stiff from age, like me.
Posted on: 2009/8/3 15:47

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Senior Guru
247 Posts

I'll try being a bit more forceful with it then.

Now ain't it great when a plan comes together......!

I've just finished flushing and bleed the system and now the dash and DIC are lit up like a xmas tree!!!. Here's the scenario:-

I syphoned off most of the old fluid from the master cylinder and removed the fluid container (not the entire mast cyl) to give it a good clean. Put it back together, refilled with new fluid (DOT 4) and flushed/bled all four corners. So far so good.

Then I started the engine and the usual dash/DIC lights went through there cycle and then (without driving or pressing the brake pedal) the DIC Service ASR and Service ABS lights came on.

Thought I'd try the ABS suggestion and went for a drive and and stamped on the brakes to activate the ABS. At this point the Check Brakes light also came on in the dash display.

Went home, re-bled the system (no more air came out), started the engine and now all the lights (Check Brakes, Serv ASR, Serv ABS) are on all the time!

When driving the brake pedal feels too hard (little give) and the brakes are useless.

The servo 'seems' to be working in as much as the pedal goes down if you press on it and start the engine.

I'm off to study the FSM, but anyone got any ideas/thoughts?
Posted on: 2009/8/3 19:03

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

Just a guess, air in the master cylinder?
Posted on: 2009/8/3 19:32

Senior Guru
247 Posts

I think that's a good guess Brian.

I've just found it in the manual and apparently I should have bled that nipple in the cubby hole, before bleeding the calipers.

Looks like I'll be redoing the job tomorrow.

From peering around, it seems new brake pads will be coming up in a month or two, anyone have any recommendations on brand/type. I've noticed ECB (is that right?) and there seems to be red, blue, yellow, do those colours mean anything?

Thanks guys.
Posted on: 2009/8/3 21:59

BillH Re: How do you flush the ABS?
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I can't remember what the colors are for EBC, I don't use them, hit their web site.
If you want good pads for the street, no noise, low dust, and a huge improvement from stock pads. Get Hawk HPS, clean the rotors and bed them in right.
Posted on: 2009/8/3 22:05

rogerwillson Re: How do you flush the ABS?
Guru Newb
8 Posts

You are doing well.
I don't know of any special process that can be done without the TechII device from GM.
Posted on: 2009/8/4 11:25

djxib Re: How do you flush the ABS?
Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

Seems you now have some of the 'classic' symptoms of poor braking in a C4 (hard pedal, no brakes).

See here:

http://www.corvette-guru.com/modules/ ... t_id=93049#forumpost93049

In my humble opinion, either the booster is not functional (you were playing with the hose, right?) or more likely the ABS system is now messed up. Things that have worked for other people:

1. Pull the ABS fuse
2. Exercise the ABS on wet roads

Only my opinion, but perhaps worth a try..?

Good luck!
Posted on: 2009/8/4 13:19

1996 Greenwood Collectors Edition LT4

Previously 1992 Convertible Polo Green. 383 LT1/LT4 forged/balanced. V7-YSi, Alky. 608RWHP... Now sitting at a dismantler with a salvage title. Still runs...

Senior Guru
247 Posts

The saga continues guys.

Sorry in advance this is a long post, but I'm looking for inspiration, inebriation or just a bit of basic advice.

After reading the book, the first conclusion I came to was the lights (dash 'Check Brakes and DIC Service ASR & ABS) are all switched by the master cylinder resovoir level sensor also I'd failed to 'prime' the master cyl. In a flurry of non-genius thought, I reckoned that going back and priming the master cyl would cure all my problems... wrong!!!.

So back to the book to discover another process I missed (although from my reading, I shouldn't need to do it), but... 'bleed the master' cyl. So this is going to be my next step, but the book is confusing me a little, it say's:-

Blah, blah, blah “...... disconnect the forward (blind end) brake pipe connection at the master cylinder”. Then later goes on to say:-

Blah, blah, blah “...... repeat steps and bleed the rear (cowl) connection”.

Now there is only two connections on the master cylinder and they are logically front & rear on the master cylinder (aspect of looking at the car) so I'd be happy thinking I know what the book is talking about, but... why is the book saying “blind end” and “cowl” and what does it mean???. It's making me wonder if I'm looking at the correct pipes!. Am I right in thinking that the book is saying bleed at the two connections on the master cylinder?

Moving on in the process the book says to loosen these connections and press the pedal in the normal bleeding fashion until all the air is expelled. There no mention of using a bleed tube or anything (just loosen the connections), so does this mean that fluid is likely to squirt everywhere and how can you tell if the air is expelled if it just squirting out of a loose connection?. Will this be obvious with some kind of gurgling and f@rting?

Sorry if this is really basic, but wanna do it right and the book ain't helping. Of course I'm gonna have rags etc handy, but I don't fancy brake fluid squirting all over the place, so anyone tell me what all this means in the real world.

@ Andy. I was writing my message while you posted, so I'm now off to check your link.
Posted on: 2009/8/4 14:14

Senior Guru
247 Posts

Next instalment... and I'm in desperate need of some help/advice please guys.

Right or wrong, I bled the m/cyl at those two connections on the m/cyl, including squirting fluid everywhere... no improvement!

So the situation is, I have the Check Brake light on permanently, the DIC does it's normal start-up (turn the ignition on and it all lights up and then goes out), as soon as I fire the engine the ASR and ABS lights come back on the DIC and stay on.

Brake pedal is rock hard, but if I press it whilst starting the engine it depresses slight (I always thought this to be an indication the the booster is working).

On the road the pedal is still extremely hard and the brakes are nigh on non-existent. I can't even get them on hard enough to kick in the ABS (and I am standing on the pedal!).

I've had a look through Andy's thread and the one it refers to on CF, but can't find a solution. CF at times is going back to needing this TechII in some posts.

My best (which ain't good) guess, is either the booster is shot, but this seems to be a bit of a strange coincidence considering all I've done is bleed the system, or the proportioning valve in the m/cyl is seeing an imbalance and shuting off half the system, which the book seems to say it can do!?

I'm stumped now and any parts have to come from the US to Euroland at exorbitant addition of shipping and a weeks delivery time, so I'd like to get it right if I need to order stuff.

Any suggestions please?
Posted on: 2009/8/4 18:40

djxib Re: How do you flush the ABS?
Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

Kind of clutching at straws, but have you tried pulling the ABS fuse?
Posted on: 2009/8/4 22:05

1996 Greenwood Collectors Edition LT4

Previously 1992 Convertible Polo Green. 383 LT1/LT4 forged/balanced. V7-YSi, Alky. 608RWHP... Now sitting at a dismantler with a salvage title. Still runs...

Senior Guru
247 Posts

Quote:

djxib wrote:
Kind of clutching at straws, but have you tried pulling the ABS fuse?

Sorry Andy, you mentioned this earlier, but no I haven't yet. I'll look for the fuse tomorrow and give it a try. Not sure if relavent, but I can't even get enough braking at the moment to activate the ABS!!!
Posted on: 2009/8/4 22:18

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Was the pedal hard before you started your project? Usually a hard pedal is a bad booster.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/8/5 3:02

CentralCoaster Re: How do you flush the ABS?
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Actron makes an ABS code reader that I guess is capable of doing just that. Is there a seperate computer for it?

I wonder how many 86+ vette owners are driving around with dysfunctional or blocked up abs systems and don't even know it.
Posted on: 2009/8/5 5:03

Senior Guru
247 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Was the pedal hard before you started your project? Usually a hard pedal is a bad booster.

Matthew

No Matthew, this in the annoying thing, it's all self induced.
The pedal and the brakes were generally fine before I got stuck into it.

I was only changing the fluid because it was a horrible colour and looked like it hadn't been changed for years.
Posted on: 2009/8/5 5:16

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

I wonder if the booster was on it's way out already and you disconnecting the m/c and messing around with things finally put it out. I replaced my booster a couple years ago with a metal one and it corrected my rock hard pedal.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/8/5 12:58

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

New fluid might have caused old seals to leak.
Posted on: 2009/8/5 13:53

1Fast04Vert Re: How do you flush the ABS?
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Any suggestions please?[/quote]

Have you considered taking the master cylinder off, doing a bench bleed and re-installing it?
Posted on: 2009/8/5 13:53

Senior Guru
247 Posts

Day three and the show goes on!. For anyone who's interested:-

First, tried removing the ABS fuse and couldn't notice any difference, but thanks for the suggestion Andy... worth a try. Matthew, I haven't ruled out the booster yet, but read on if your not bored wit the topic yet. Thats a thought Brian... new fluid old seals, I may have even made this worst today... dunno. 95Vette, yep I'd thought of removing the m/cyl, plus a bit more (below), but I didn't 'bench bleed', I had considered it but to be perfectly honest I couldn't find any plugs to block the unions... so:-

I can't work out if the warning lights are a coinsidence or if there is a conection with the bad braking. It seems logical to say yes, but the book seems to indicate that the lights (all 3 on anyway) are more to do with the level sensor in the m/cyl resovoir.

Anyway, I decided to go back to where I started ie dirty fluid and possible contamination, so...... I decided to rip off the m/cyl and strip it down. The problem with this is I don't have a replacement m/cyl (or a repair kit (if they do em?). However, as I have next to no brakes, I had nothing to lose even if to just try elimination.

Well, I took it off and stripped it and found it had a fair share of muck and tarnish on the innards. Cleaned it all and reassembled, albeit with the old seals etc, but being careful to try not to nick any of the seal faces, put it back on the car, primed the module, bled the m/cyl and oo-arh mum... first thing was all the warning lights went out as normal and the pedal had a much better feel. So took it for a quick test drive (only 500m down my road) and now the brakes are 'half' way good again. I can even get the ABS to kick in (especially in reverse!). So now I've packed up until tomorrow when I will bleed the whole system again including the calipers (didn't do the four corners today).

I'm not happy that the m/cyl has been reassembled with the old seals, but if this proves the point I'll know what not to order... hopefully.

One thing I regret is not being familiar with the innards of this m/cyl prior to stripping it. If I had known how the proportioning sensor sits in a grove in the valve, I could have established if the valve was stuck off-centre.

Thanks everyone for the help/tips and encouragement... it's all helping to keep me ploughing on.
Posted on: 2009/8/5 19:01

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Holy cow. The only "rebuild kit" I could find was at ecklers for $170. That's ridiculous. Wonder if you can find seals elsewhere???

Matthew

http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?pf_id=31537&dept_id=1037
Posted on: 2009/8/5 19:18

Senior Guru
247 Posts

Crikes that is expensive, might as well have the complete thing, not that there seems to be a kit for my 93 anyway.

I think the price is heavy because you have to replace the proportioning valve, the book says don't dismatle it because of special grease of all things!
Posted on: 2009/8/5 19:40

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

Posted on: 2009/8/5 20:12

MK 82 Re: How do you flush the ABS?
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
439 Posts

Whether or not you can flush the ABS without cycling the valves depends on the design. Some units have closed off portions that must be cycled. Some do not.
Posted on: 2009/8/5 22:43

Senior Guru
247 Posts

I've read that the ABS/ASR module cycles all of it's valves once when the car hits 4-10mph after every ignition switch on. I guess a quick cycling isn't going to give enough time for much fluid to be flushed through and assume that this is where the TechII comes useful.

Having said that, the book say's that you should possibly hear these valves cycling when you reach 4-10mph the first time after ignition on, but I can't say I can hear anything even with the cubby bin open and the sound material removed.

Does anyone hear this valve cycling on their car and is it a distictive/loud noise?.
Posted on: 2009/8/6 10:40

joeld Re: How do you flush the ABS?
Guru
Lawrenceville Ga
718 Posts

On my 89 I do hear the ABS do a "system check" every time I back out of my drive way. It lasts about 2-3 seconds and the sound is easy to hear, it's almost like a low growl.

Joel
Posted on: 2009/8/6 14:06

Senior Guru
247 Posts

Thanks Joel,

Perhaps I have a fault somewhere if I can't hear this check... I mean on the car, not me ear'oles, before anyone say's it!

Well flushed the system twice more this morning including calipers. When you've been plonking around and doing test after test it's difficult to judge, but I think the brakes are back to (or perhaps a tad better) than before I started this whole excersize, I still have all the warning lights out, so I'm fairly happy.

However, now that I've started and along with the recommend of Hawk pads, I think I'll continue and see if I can improve the braking more. After all this I've concluded, like many others, that the brakes don't match the cars performance.

I'm going to trial it for a few days to see if there is anything crop up, but I will order a new m/cyl. I'll also go with new Hawk pads as suggested. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether it is worth new rotors as well as pads?. Mine aren't scored or anything and I don't need 'track' performance, but wonder if this kit is worth having:-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-89- ... uckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Any opinions guys, or is there something better?

Thanks everyone for the help/input.
Posted on: 2009/8/6 14:23

Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

If the rotors are smooth and you weren't getting any pulsing or other signs of wear I would just leave them alone. Maybe have them turned at the most. Glad you are up and running again.

You are in Europe??
Posted on: 2009/8/6 14:52

Senior Guru
247 Posts

Yes, euroland, currently spending time between the UK, Germany (and Spain home).

I will go for the pads and just skim the rotors, if I can find a machine shop to do it. Shipping parts from the US usually involves exorbitant shipping charges and the rotors would bump this way up due to weight and when you add on the import duties & taxes (on the shipping cost as well) prices can sometimes total anywhere between half as much again up to double what you guys in the pay for the parts.

Now off to find a Hawk brake pad supplier.
Posted on: 2009/8/6 23:05

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Sorry, I'm no help on whether or not the rotors are any good, but if you can't hear the ABS cycle when you start the car and then back up or go forward, you need to look into that.

Are you anywhere near Bremen? One of our members, Woodstock, is there and is quite knowledgeable about C4s.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/8/7 2:18

Senior Guru
247 Posts

Thanks for the heads-up Matthew. Looks like something else to sort out!.

I can hear a whirring/clicking when I turn the ignition, but I'd guessed this was the fuel pump priming. Can't say I've ever noticed any other noise when pulling away.

Would I have some kind of indication on the DIC if it wasn't performing this test?.

No, not usually anywhere near Bremen. I travel across to Saarbrucken which is more south/west near the French border. Don't take the vette with me anyway
Posted on: 2009/8/7 9:44

gascaleman Re: How do you flush the ABS?
Guru Newb
South Georgia
20 Posts

You guys do not realize how much a post like this helps others. I have new pads and braided lines that I was going to put on this week on my 89. This post caused me to put it on hold until you solved the problem. If I happen to have the same problem I now know where to look and what to do. Thanks for sharing.
Posted on: 2009/8/7 12:27

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

gascaleman wrote:
You guys do not realize how much a post like this helps others. I have new pads and braided lines that I was going to put on this week on my 89. This post caused me to put it on hold until you solved the problem. If I happen to have the same problem I now know where to look and what to do. Thanks for sharing.

Generaly, you can switch the lines and do a normal fluid replacement/bleed without the problems Fluff's having.

And, if you're changing pad compounds, I'd clean up the rotors, scotchbrite mounted on a drill.
Posted on: 2009/8/7 14:08

Senior Guru
247 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Generaly, you can switch the lines and do a normal fluid replacement/bleed without the problems Fluff's having.

And, if you're changing pad compounds, I'd clean up the rotors, scotchbrite mounted on a drill.

Bill, I'm gonna be doing this again when the new m/cyl arrives, so to be prepared can I ask what 'switching the lines' involves?. Is this some kind of technique/routine that will help?

/edit/ Dumb moment... I've just worked out what you're referring too... don't worry.
Posted on: 2009/8/7 16:17

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Fluff wrote:

I'm going to trial it for a few days to see if there is anything crop up, but I will order a new m/cyl. I'll also go with new Hawk pads as suggested. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether it is worth new rotors as well as pads?. Mine aren't scored or anything and I don't need 'track' performance, but wonder if this kit is worth having:-

Yea, I should have said swapping SS lines.

Anyway, what I'd do is check your rotor runout and thickness since there's no scoring. The spec is in the FSM and for street driving, you'll be fine and save some money.

What I recommend is to buy the 3M 2inch scotchbrite and sanding disc kit. It's usually avalable at Autozone, etc., about $12 and it's a nice addition to your toolbox for other things like gasket removal.
When you pull the calipers to put on the Hawks, use the scotchbrite pad on your drill to cleanup both sides of the rotors. You can get to them with the rotors on the car, it's a little tricky to get to the inside of the rears but you can lay on your back and do it. The rotors will spin while you're doing it, don't worry about it. You'll use a whole can of brakeclean to do it. If the scotchbrite gets gummed up just hit it with brakeclean.
What you are doing is removing the adherent layer of brakepad material from the previous pads. This will allow the Hawks to bed in faster and better.
Be sure to bed these in per the instructions on the box and do the last brake application very hard. Drive the car long enough to let the pads cool down, a couple of miles.

The only rotor specs I currently have are for a 92, let me know if you want them.
Posted on: 2009/8/7 16:39

Senior Guru
247 Posts

Thanks Bill, but it was my fault for not reading properly.

I have the 93 FSM and will check out specs. I do sometimes get a very slight pulsation so Im going to put a dial gauge on the rotors and check the bearings etc., it could be that I'd get away with just indexing them, but if I can find a machine I'll probably get a quick skim anyway.

One thing that has come to mind since I finished, is I wonder if it would have helped if I'd have pushed the pistons back into the calipers (and kinda chocked em there) before bleeding. I wonder if this would have helped by pushing any air & contamination back to the m/cyl rather than flush all the remaining cr*p through the system... any thoughts?

My big concern at the moment is this start-up check and why I can't hear it. I feel that it would should up on the DIC if it wasn't happening. But I'm darned if I can hear any valves cycling.
Posted on: 2009/8/7 17:14

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Fluff wrote:
Thanks Bill, but it was my fault for not reading properly.

I have the 93 FSM and will check out specs. I do sometimes get a very slight pulsation so Im going to put a dial gauge on the rotors and check the bearings etc., it could be that I'd get away with just indexing them, but if I can find a machine I'll probably get a quick skim anyway.

One thing that has come to mind since I finished, is I wonder if it would have helped if I'd have pushed the pistons back into the calipers (and kinda chocked em there) before bleeding. I wonder if this would have helped by pushing any air & contamination back to the m/cyl rather than flush all the remaining cr*p through the system... any thoughts?

My big concern at the moment is this start-up check and why I can't hear it. I feel that it would should up on the DIC if it wasn't happening. But I'm darned if I can hear any valves cycling.

First, pushing the pistons back wouldn't have made any difference so it's no big deal that you didn't do it.

On refinishing the rotors, I wouldn't do it provided there are no gouges. The slight pulse you feel is probably one of 2 things, a greater thickness of the adherent layer of the current pads or a hard spot on the rotor.
If it's an adherent layer, cleaning them will help.
If it's a hard spot, some brake rotor turning machines can skip over it or cut it less than the softer part of the rotor and you're back to where you were anyway.
If the pedal wasn't vibrating at 60mph stops, your rotors are probably OK.

The spec for your rotors is 0.006in (0.15mm) runout
Thickness variation is .0005in
Min rotor thickness 0.744in (20.2mm)
Discard at 0.724 (18.4)

You'll probably get a couple thou on the runout but again, I wouldn't worry about it until you hit 0.006

Have you checked codes on the dash with a paperclip ?
If not do this (see the how to in the tech section)
If no codes and the ABS light's on, look in the 5E1 section for chart C.
Turn the key on, check for codes, if no codes, turn thr ign off,disconnect the EBCM harness, if the ABS light is off, it indicates a bad EBCM.

Do you know if you're getting battery voltage to the ECBM?
Posted on: 2009/8/7 23:00

Senior Guru
247 Posts

Thanks for the detailed info Bill.

No, I haven't paperclipped it yet. I'll try to check this out tomorrow.

Don't know if it's logical, but I assume I'm getting voltage at the ECBM and it is working because the ABS and ASR are functioning.
Posted on: 2009/8/8 18:10

Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Quote:

Fluff wrote:
Thanks for the detailed info Bill.

No, I haven't paperclipped it yet. I'll try to check this out tomorrow.

Don't know if it's logical, but I assume I'm getting voltage at the ECBM and it is working because the ABS and ASR are functioning.

For what little it is worth my ABS and ASR work just fine, but I have never heard what you are describing either.
Maybe I just need to listen closer.
Posted on: 2009/8/8 20:29

Senior Guru
247 Posts

Quote:

95vette wrote:
For what little it is worth my ABS and ASR work just fine, but I have never heard what you are describing either.
Maybe I just need to listen closer.

It's kinda reassuring that I'm not the only one.

I wonder what's the general concensus, who hears it and doesn't???
Posted on: 2009/8/9 0:37

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.