Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
313 user(s) are online (255 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Z15
A Collector Edition, RPO Z15.

1996 only.

Silver with black, red or grey interior.

LT1/A4 or LT4/ZF6....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 03.28.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Hopefully everyone had a safe and enjoyable Saturday night. Mine was pretty tame. Clean up the house, give the baby a bath, go to bed

I did make it to the candy store last night, aka Harbor Freight. I needed some more sanding rolls. I also picked up an interchangeable set of snap ring pliers on sale for $2.99 (how could I go wrong???). They had two air ratchets in stock. One for $23, and the "professional" for $29. Pretty much looked identical to me. So I bought the cheap one. Turns out it was on sale and not marked, so it was 16.99, then with my coupon it was $13.50. Love it! Can't wait to use it. I was tempted to by an impact socket set, but couldn't see spending $40 on HF deep impact sockets when I can get craftsman on sale for like $69 or something like that. I figure that's a quality difference I don't mind paying for.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/3/28 11:46

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 03.28.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Morning...slept in a bit and have been checking the email. Not much planned today, go to the 'city' for groceries later.

Matt, I have a couple different sets of the HF impact sockets. I think they are every bit as good as the Craftsman, and have the same guarantee. For the type of use that I give them they work great.
Posted on: 2010/3/28 13:37

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

BillH Re: Sunday Chat 03.28.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

It will be interesting to see how the rachet works. HF coupon sometimes are too good to pass up.
I bought a air diegrinder with a coupon. I bought it because my good one (IR) is a right angle and there's a few places where you need a straight grinder. With the coupon, the cost was $4.99 The damn thing works! Seems to have decent power but does vibrate more than the R/A Ingersol.

Attach file:

jpg  IMGP0698.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/3/28 13:40

Vetron87 Re: Sunday Chat 03.28.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

HR is great for tools you need now and then. Bought a air nibbler with coupon for 7.99. Impast sockets are great excellent finish, and value. The tools that I have broken they replace with no questions or about the heat rings caused by oxy/ac torch(now thats abuse). Have a great Sunday gotta go over to my daughters house and work for awhile.
Posted on: 2010/3/28 13:52

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 03.28.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Wow, thanks for the tips on the impact sockets. I didn't know they had a lifetime warranty. I just read a few reviews online, and everyone gave them the thumbs up. I might have to pick up a set tonight since I want to pull the tires off my truck this week.

http://www.toolcrib.com/blog/2008/08/ ... -the-bad-and-the-abysmal/

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/3/28 16:56

vetteblondie Re: Sunday Chat 03.28.10
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Good morning all, hope everyone has a good Sunday.
Please keep my family in your prayers, I lost a cousin this morning. She had went in for gallbladder surgery, then they found a tumor on her kidney, sent her to UAMS to remove it and the kidney, she died this morning.
God bless..
Posted on: 2010/3/28 18:26

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

biggrizzly Re: Sunday Chat 03.28.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Good morning all, hope everyone has a good Sunday.
Please keep my family in your prayers, I lost a cousin this morning. She had went in for gallbladder surgery, then they found a tumor on her kidney, sent her to UAMS to remove it and the kidney, she died this morning.
God bless..

VB - Sorry to hear that. I have been no stranger to loss these days and I know it hits closer to the bone when its family. You and your family are in my thoughts today.
Posted on: 2010/3/28 20:05

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 03.28.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Sorry to hear that, VB! Your family has faced so much tragedy this last year, I don't know how you cope. We're here if you need a shoulder.

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/3/28 21:50

BrianCunningham Re: Sunday Chat 03.28.10
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Rut roh

more rain on the way

Governor just anounced that is we got water in the basement last time expect it again

great...
Posted on: 2010/3/28 22:03

vetteblondie Re: Sunday Chat 03.28.10
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Thanks guys. This makes a total of 5 family deaths in one year, one friend of mine died, couple of friends with heart surgeries, very expensive car repairs, house sale mess, job loss after 16 years, several health issues of my own caused by stress, me totaling a friend's car, partner leaving after 7 + years at Christmas.... wow. I've bout had all I can stand.
Thanks for being there for me to vent to. Much appreciated.
Posted on: 2010/3/29 1:28

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 03.28.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

So sorry for your loss, Letty - you've sure had more than your share in such a short spell. A turn for the better must be in the cards.

I'm taking tomorrow off to attend the funeral of a co-worker - he's been battling cancer for several years, but it finally won. He was a good man, always upbeat despite his grim circumstances. RIP, Dave.

I made a pretty good dent in the bathroom tiling project - seems like more pieces need to be cut than not. I slipped and fell off the step-stool yesterday and got the corner of the vanity in my back - I took a couple Advil and kept working, or I'd have been stiffer than a plank. Not too bad today, just black and blue. The Vette is still all dusty, never got time to wash it this weekend. Oh well, it'll forgive me eventually.
Posted on: 2010/3/29 2:01

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Durango_Boy Re: Sunday Chat 03.28.10
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
2583 Posts

I found an engine Bubba had worked on. The builder put dome pistons in a 350, with 64cc camel hump heads, an aggressive cam...all for a daily driver Camaro. The SCR would have been 12.50:1, and from what Curt said when he heard it running it sounded horrible. Thank god it probably had 93 and didn't detonate. Sis wouldn't have known that...she thought it was a warmed up 327 and would have used 91 or worse...87.

It was cobbled together using old parts that should have been replaced. Heck the thing had a 850 on it, and the plugs read SUPER RICH. Guessing it barely had 500 miles and the combustion chambers were soot black and 'wet'.

Here's a before pic of the engine while it was still in the Camaro. Everyone needs to remember this, and compare it to the new engine when I'm done with it.

[IMG]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m242/durango_boy/CIMG0591.jpg[/IMG]
Posted on: 2010/3/29 2:10

biggrizzly Re: Sunday Chat 03.28.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

The alternator is painted stealth black! Nice custom touch!
Posted on: 2010/3/29 2:33

BrianCunningham Re: Sunday Chat 03.28.10
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

well, the headers at least look nice.
Posted on: 2010/3/29 2:57

Curtis1974 Re: Sunday Chat 03.28.10
Elite Guru
Bolingbrook, IL
1070 Posts

It's going to be a charity build for my sister. She kicked her husband out and has to take care of her two kids. She won't be able to afford to finish the car on her own. If anyone has some spare parts they want to donate let me know. This is going to be a fun build. DB and I are treating it like a long episode of Overhaulin.
Posted on: 2010/3/29 4:02

Livin_the_dream Re: Sunday Chat 03.28.10
Senior Guru
robesonia , pa
516 Posts

Letty- I sure do hope things take a turn for the better for you.Most of us have been through a bad patch in our lives and things will get better . Seems like you keep on going on which is good ! Hopefully your car is running good now and you can go out and get some driving relief!
Posted on: 2010/3/29 11:05

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.