Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
266 user(s) are online (217 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Stingray
1969 through 1976 Corvette.

Not to be confused with the Sting Ray, 1963 - 1967....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Vetron87 Thursday Morning Chat 8 5 10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

If you look at the time stamp I'm starting Thursday early or ending Wednesday late. We survived Wed. storm again but not the lightning strikes. See Chicago Monsoon post. Pond took a direct hit! Pumps and underwater lights are fried. Second time Oak Tree has been hit by lightning. Cleaned up branchs and replaced wiring while my wife went after new pumps and lighting. Finished at 11:30 pm. Fish are dead but frogs survived! Alot of frog shit in the waterfall . I'm getting to old for this!!
Watching Pinks on Speed Channel and eating dinner. No not fish!
Have to replace a section of privacy fence tomorrow.
Talk to you guys much later today!

BTW my daughter will be joining our group in two weeks as a new Corvette Owner! She takes possession in 8days/6hrs but whos counting! right! Rep has found a brand new Camero SS that he will take possession end of next week. She won't tell me what she paid for it! It's a girl thing I guess! She won't join us until she has the keys in her hands.Be nice to her!
Posted on: 2010/8/5 4:47

bogus Re: Thursday Morning Chat 8 5 10
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I am so glad you are all ok, tho! That's all that matters!!!

I hope your girl got a good deal, from what you said, I am sure she did great. She doesn't want to tell you so you don't feel sick for not buying it yourself!
Posted on: 2010/8/5 6:09

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Thursday Morning Chat 8 5 10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, Ron, that sucks about the pond. Luckily no major damage was done, and it's things you can handle. Our basement is still dry so I consider myself lucky. Anyone have a backup battery on their sump pump? I need to install one and need to know what direction to look.

Got my emissions test yesterday so the truck is cleared for a new plate sticker. I need to take it to nissan today because the HVAC knob is goofy. If you turn on the blower control it won't turn on, but then comes on magically 30 seconds later or if you tap on it. I think I read it may be a relay or could be a bad contact. Oh well, I called my cousin's buddy the service manager and he said bring it in, it's covered under my warranty. OK.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/8/5 12:20

teebee Re: Thursday Morning Chat 8 5 10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Ron, you guys up there have been getting nailed day after day. It's got to let up soon. We, actually, could use some rain. Congrats to your daughter, I'll bet she got a good deal, and I'm sure that she'll enjoy the car, I would.

Going to cool off here today but be back into the 100's by Saturday. I have a few things to do around here today.

I hope that everyone has a great Thursday.
Posted on: 2010/8/5 12:24

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Vetron87 Re: Thursday Morning Chat 8 5 10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Up and going this morning! Couldn't sleep last night knowing what is waiting for me this morning. Replace fence damage. No rain in the forcast today.
Matt I have a battery back up sump pump for my perimeter drainage system in the foundation.
Thanks for the concerns guys! I like my chain saw but not after 8 hrs. Ahh.... the smell of 2 stroke gas mix.
My daughter is excited about her purchase I think she has already named it! The rep will deduct the price of new tires off the purchase price. Should be interesting!
Have a great day guys!
Posted on: 2010/8/5 12:39

pianoguy Re: Thursday Morning Chat 8 5 10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
I am so glad you are all ok, tho! That's all that matters!!!

I hope your girl got a good deal, from what you said, I am sure she did great. She doesn't want to tell you so you don't feel sick for not buying it yourself!

+1

Beautiful day here, supposed to get another tomorrow. Then of course the heat, humidity and possible storms are scheduled to arrive for the weekend.

Have a great day - the end of the work week is in sight!
Posted on: 2010/8/5 12:48

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

pianoguy Re: Thursday Morning Chat 8 5 10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I forgot, last night the weather geniuses were talking about how we'd had more heat and humidity lately than in recent years. I told my wife that I remembered it was plenty hot and humid when I did our last landscaping project, and asked, "I don't remember, did I do that before I got the Vette or after?" She says, "What a stupid question - if it had been after you got the Vette, it still wouldn't be done!" LMAO
Posted on: 2010/8/5 12:53

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

BillH Re: Thursday Morning Chat 8 5 10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Hope all you guys have better weather.
Posted on: 2010/8/5 14:11

RickAnthony Re: Thursday Morning Chat 8 5 10
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

Well, Ron, that sucks about the pond. Luckily no major damage was done, and it's things you can handle. Our basement is still dry so I consider myself lucky. Anyone have a backup battery on their sump pump? I need to install one and need to know what direction to look.

Got my emissions test yesterday so the truck is cleared for a new plate sticker. I need to take it to nissan today because the HVAC knob is goofy. If you turn on the blower control it won't turn on, but then comes on magically 30 seconds later or if you tap on it. I think I read it may be a relay or could be a bad contact. Oh well, I called my cousin's buddy the service manager and he said bring it in, it's covered under my warranty. OK.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

Speaking of warranties, we just picked up a new car for the wife last night , a 2009 Ford Escape XLT Sport. only had 170 miles on it. Technically we are the first owner since FORD other then the dealer if you want to consider then an owner. It's pretty nice, I like the snyc, She already has it setup to recognize her black berry.

-=Rick
Posted on: 2010/8/5 17:50
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

Matatk Re: Thursday Morning Chat 8 5 10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Well done, Rick. When are we taking it to the drag strip? (Haha - all I heard since day one of my 383 build). Did you trade in the rustang or what?

Dropped the car off this morning, walked around the outdoor area of the mall with the wife and rugrat, and had lunch. Now it's time for a workout...alone time.

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/8/5 19:25

BrianCunningham Re: Thursday Morning Chat 8 5 10
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Congrats to the new owner!
Posted on: 2010/8/5 22:56

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:

She is pretty nervous! I thought insurance would turn her off to the deal. I was surprised at how reasonable it was!I will hook her up with one of my random action polishers, clay bar, Meguries paint cleaner, a good polish and wax. That'll keep her busy.
Posted on: 2010/8/5 23:15

RickAnthony Re: Thursday Morning Chat 8 5 10
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Well done, Rick. When are we taking it to the drag strip? (Haha - all I heard since day one of my 383 build). Did you trade in the rustang or what?

Dropped the car off this morning, walked around the outdoor area of the mall with the wife and rugrat, and had lunch. Now it's time for a workout...alone time.

Matthew

LoL no I get the mustang to drive saves on diesel.. and wear and tear on the truck.. And no drag strip for the Exscape or Mustang, had a long lecture about not BEATING on her cars! yea and I do all the work on them...

But the vette now thats another story.. I'd like to get out with that one.. we should also setup a corvette-guru lunch / dinner gathering or something before summer is gone..
-=Rick
Posted on: 2010/8/6 1:09
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

1Fast04Vert Re: Thursday Morning Chat 8 5 10
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:

She is pretty nervous! I thought insurance would turn her off to the deal. I was surprised at how reasonable it was!I will hook her up with one of my random action polishers, clay bar, Meguries paint cleaner, a good polish and wax. That'll keep her busy.

Tell her congrats! I have a feeling a professional detailer might be in her future. So what did she name it?
Posted on: 2010/8/6 2:35

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

95vette wrote:
Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:

Tell her congrats! I have a feeling a professional detailer might be in her future. So what did she name it?

I think emotional rescue, or Zoe, not sure yet! She drove her truck today to hone her skills with the clutch.
Thanks Andy for the congrats I'll pass that along!
Posted on: 2010/8/6 2:41

Ultraman Re: Thursday Morning Chat 8 5 10
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14760 Posts

Can't wait for pics!
Posted on: 2010/8/6 3:06

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

SpectatorRacing Re: Thursday Morning Chat 8 5 10
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

That's awesome. As jealous as I am I'm glad to see it go to a nice home and bring in another Guru member!

Can't wait to see some pics. Now I just have to wait until she gets tired of it

See you at Gingerman, shall I save her a spot in the beginner group?
Posted on: 2010/8/6 18:02

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.