Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
283 user(s) are online (221 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 10.10.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Check out the date....won't see that again in your lifetime, huh? 10.10.10 Seems very ominous...

So where is everyone? Chat was dead yesterday. Is everyone on vacation? Hmmmm....

Supposed to work on my neighbor's exhaust today on the e150. I hate doing exhaust work. I'm sure it's fine in California or Tennessee, but up here the salt we put on the roads bonds everything together with rust and corrosion. Rust falls in your face when you're working on it and it's so bonded together you just about need a torch to get it off. And the bolts all rust and seize together. Awesome. Oh well, that's just the way it is.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/10/10 12:40

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 10.10.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12371 Posts

Good Morning....Yes Matt, it was dead yesterday. Maybe everyone was out driving their cars...I hope so. Nothing planned for me today, well at least until the wife gets up and tells me what we're doing. I might go to school and do a little paper grading...end of the first quarter is Friday.

I know what you mean about exhaust work, brutal, just brutal.
Posted on: 2010/10/10 13:08

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

BillH Re: Sunday Chat 10.10.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
I hate doing exhaust work. I'm sure it's fine in California or Tennessee, but up here the salt we put on the roads bonds everything together with rust and corrosion. Rust falls in your face when you're working on it and it's so bonded together you just about need a torch to get it off. And the bolts all rust and seize together. Awesome. Oh well, that's just the way it is.

Matthew

Oh yea, the only thing that's worse is body work.
Watch your eyes, I got a piece of rust in my eye doung it when I was 15, had to do to an eye doctor, blah,blah,blah.

Crusin' weather here.
Posted on: 2010/10/10 13:46

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 10.10.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Sounds like a good day for safety goggles, Matt - I never seem to think about those until I have a bunch of junk in my eye.

Gotta wash the accumulation of bugs off the Maxima from our road trip - it's quite an impressive collection for this late in the season. Couldn't believe the weather we had - it was in the upper 70's and sunny both days, just gorgeous. Gonna go spend $300 at Home Depot later for a lawn sweeper, too. The trees we planted all those years ago are getting to be quite a mess.

Have a good one, everybody!
Posted on: 2010/10/10 13:55

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

biggrizzly Re: Sunday Chat 10.10.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning!

I had a bad day yesterday in the garage. It actually started on Friday but I ignored it until yesterday afternoon. Friday I began removing the exhaust system from under the car. While under there, I kept getting dizzy when I would move my head one way or the other while laying on my back. I brushed it off and the vertigo feeling went away after a few seconds each time it occured. Yesterday, I was planning on removing the drive shaft, C-Beam and transmission. I even went to Harbor Freight in the morning and picked up a transmission jack. I had just crawled under the car and started removing transmission pan bolts to drain the trans-fluid when the vertigo started again. This time it was even worse. It persisted for a long time even after getting out from under the car. I almost tossed my cookies, but seemed to hold that off, but felt like crap the rest of the day. I need to get back out there and at least get the fluid drained and the pan back on tight for now, but its pretty odd feeling. I guess on Tuesday, I need to get this checked out. Anything to slow progress!!

It is a beautiful day, so I think I'll just relax.
Hope you all have a nice one too.
Posted on: 2010/10/10 14:14

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12371 Posts

Had that happen a couple of times to me, Don. I think mine had to do with inner ear fluid. I hope yours is nothing serious.
Posted on: 2010/10/10 15:17

Resized Image

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Had that happen a couple of times to me, Don. I think mine had to do with inner ear fluid. I hope yours is nothing serious.

Thought you guys were just naturally dizzy.

It happens to me once in a while, not often. But, it's usually when I've been bent over the car for a while and stand up fast.
I thought about it when I was up on the roof last week.

Hope it's something simple,Don.
Posted on: 2010/10/10 15:48

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12371 Posts

Oh, it's my youngest grandson's birthday today (6). We just had a nice big breakfast and sang to him and gave him his present. It's liable to be a crazy day here.
Posted on: 2010/10/10 15:56

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 10.10.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Don - hope that's something non-threatening! Have you seen a doctor about it?

I spent 4 hours even getting the exhaust done on the van. Almost two hours just to get the bolts lose. Combination of grinding away the rust, 1/2 can of pb blaster, and a breaker bar where I could get it in an a box wrench and dead-blow hammer where I couldn't. Of course the exhaust flange nuts were 15 mm....guess what size socket my impact set doesn't have. What a weird size. Oh well. Another hour getting the exhaust pipe separated from the catalytic converter piece. Another hour putting it back together, test driving, and scanning. Passes with no codes! Yeah. His emissions test is this month so we had to get it done. After that I ate some lunch and then changed the oil in the vette. Time for a workout soon.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday so far

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/10/10 18:22

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Beautiful day, I'm going to pull the top and cruise as soon as the F1 race is over.

We got a dusting up top last week.

Attach file:

jpg  2006-03-17 01-33-12_0001.JPG (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2010/10/10 19:24

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 10.10.10
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14751 Posts

Been gone this weekend to a family gathering in a small village about 90 miles away. Ultrawoman and Ultraboy went early to help get stuff ready on Friday and I followed later on. I took the Vette and showed it off to all the brother in laws and aunts and uncles.

They all like it a lot and we did our normal eat eat eat and watch football and play some games. We stayed in a crummy motel that still charged 100 bucks a night. What's up with that? The toilet wouldn't flush and the seat was broken and the TV was bad. We didn't have much choice where to stay but I told them they were charging to much.

I did get my AAA discount. I don't mind paying if its a nice joint but this wasn't. Anyway I got a chance to enjoy the Vette and love the way it runs and looks and goes down the road and everything else about it.

I get that dizzy thing when I get my head in a weird angle and a lot of times it's when I am under the cars or truck trying to raise my head up and holding it up for awhile. It's a muscle thing in my neck and started after a motorcycle wreck back a long time ago. I usually go to a bone cruncher and he gets everything all lined up and adjusted, then I will be ok for awhile. You might want to try that Don. Gotta go rest up before Monday.
Posted on: 2010/10/10 21:24

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

captmike13 Re: Sunday Chat 10.10.10
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2166 Posts

Great day here in NE Indiana. Helped friends pull pier out of the lake. Friend let us take the jet ski out for a while.
Posted on: 2010/10/10 22:55

captmike13@yahoo.com

Vetron87 Re: Sunday Chat 10.10.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Good evening gurus. Lately teaching has become a hectic, frustrating, time consuming,and totally aggravating job. Daily meetings after school and this week coming up three all day meetings with the state.
So with that in mind I gased up the Vette last night and my wife and I headed out somewhere... anywhere.... We took all the backroads to Auburn,Fort Wayne and Berne Indiana. Headed south to Muncie Indiana and west to Rockville Indiana and a covered bridge festival. Fourteen hours later were back home in Granger. Relaxed yes, Vette ran great, drone gets to you after awhile, thinking about next week..yea. I may let my nice side emerge a listen to the BS and chow down on the free food. Too bad the meetings aren't out of town, but at our school.
Posted on: 2010/10/10 23:26

flyboy Re: Sunday Chat 10.10.10
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

I was driving my Caprice to the monthly muzzle loading match on a rural road this morning, when a couple of Corvettes appeared in the rear view mirror.
I pulled over to watch them pass and sat there as 35 Corvettes went by. Found out later there was a huge car show out that way today.
Posted on: 2010/10/10 23:54

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Ron, you talked me into driving the Vette tomorrow. Poor thing is neglected, and I'll be putting it away sometime in the next 2 weeks.

Mojo, Don - hope that is nothing serious! Some years back my wife had something called labyrinthitis, which was 0 on the fun meter. It is an inner ear disorder, often brought on after some kind of cold/flu/galloping crud. She still gets some dizzy spells from it.
Posted on: 2010/10/10 23:57

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Yea, driving withe the top off, up the twistys, cruised Lake Tahoe, hit Squaw Valley and just walked around.

Tonight - my first try at Chicago Deep Dish Pizza.
If it turns out good, pics tomorrow.
Posted on: 2010/10/11 0:05

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Yea, driving withe the top off, up the twistys, cruised Lake Tahoe, hit Squaw Valley and just walked around.

Tonight - my first try at Chicago Deep Dish Pizza.
If it turns out good, pics tomorrow.

Had Chicago Deep Dish Pizza Friday Night. Local place in Mishawaka. Its takes 45 minutes to make and minutes to eat.
Saturday night we went to a Vietnamese/Chinese Restuarant. Its funny to listen the owners speak their native language thinking that knowone in the restuarant understands what they are saying. "Owner" says to cook, "big guy(me)in table 12 with his wife wants Mongolian Beef maybe we give him rat HaHaHa." Owner returns with our drinks I tell him in his own speek "I would rather prefer beef, rat and snake are a little chewy and bland" HaHa! HaHa is universal, kinda like f(*^ you its universal too
Posted on: 2010/10/11 0:51

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

HaHaHa!!
Posted on: 2010/10/11 0:55

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Two more weekends and I put the 87 and Erin's Vette up for the winter. Both will come out to play in April. Erin is beginning to learn about soft tire compound and 34 degree mornings with a light frost. It would be nice to drive it all year round.
Posted on: 2010/10/11 0:56

4543 Posts

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm feeling a lot better tonight. The wife and I went across the street to a nice restaurant on the water this afternoon and had a nice lunch and a couple cold beers. It took my mind off the dizzies. I'm off work tomorrow so I'm gonna get back under the car and dump the tranny fluid. If I do ok with that, I'll give the C-Beam and drive-shaft a try.

Resized Image

You guys talking about putting Vettes up for the winter... I wish mine was drivable for the winter. LOL

Take Care and Chat later
Posted on: 2010/10/11 1:17

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 10.10.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33764 Posts

Well Don, since the Vette was down, look how many more times you took out the boat. You took it out how many times?

Just bustin your chops ,,,,,
Posted on: 2010/10/11 2:25

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 10.10.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33764 Posts

I won about $500 on the slots. Unfortunately, I spent $1100 doing it. (donated $600 to the fun ships) Probably would have faired better playing red or black on the Roulette table. Gambling.... some people never learn. Time to start saving up for the next junket.
Posted on: 2010/10/11 2:33

4543 Posts

Glad your back Tommy! Hope you had a good time. Must have if you donated your fun money to the cruise line.

I'm gonna try one of them cruises some day soon.
Posted on: 2010/10/11 2:50

RickAnthony Re: Sunday Chat 10.10.10
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

captmike13 wrote:
Great day here in NE Indiana. Helped friends pull pier out of the lake. Friend let us take the jet ski out for a while.

jealous.. I really wanted to get my ski's out 1 more time this year today or yesterday would have been good... but just doesn't seem to happen... was out only 3 times this year.. trying to put off winterizing them just in case...
-=Rick
Posted on: 2010/10/11 3:25
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12371 Posts

Evening guys.....didn't do too much today. Had some neighbors that moved about 4 years ago stop by for a visit....it was real nice seeing them again. Of course I had to get the Corvette out to show them. They are a couple years younger than me...empty nesters....she really liked it, well so did he, but she really liked it. I told them "Take it for a drive", him "Nah, I might like it." me "All the more reason to take it." them "OK" They weren't gone very long, but the smiles on their faces when they pulled back up were worth a million bucks. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they didn't end up with one in the near future. it was actually kind of cool seeing the Corvette go down and come back up the street.....they are sharp looking cars.

While the Corvette was out, I decided to take the 6 year old for a drive....another one of those "million dollar smiles". I spent some time working at school grading papers as the end of the first quarter is Friday.

Oh yea, welcome back Tommy...glad you didn't leave all your money on the boat.
Posted on: 2010/10/11 3:31

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.