Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
295 user(s) are online (234 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  DIC
Driver Information Center.

This is the display readout panel on the dash. It’s above the radio for 1984-1989; above the climate controls, 1990-...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

CentralCoaster Don't taze me bro!
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

So last night I'm sitting there watching TV and these two dudes come hauling in through my front door, hurdle the living room table and jump on and taze my roommate's friend who's there watching tv also. Then they basically hold me hostage with the taser in the meantime to prevent me from leaving or calling the cops. Apparently he owed the guy $150 for drugs or some bullshit. Needless to say he isn't welcome here anymore. My roommate was outside at the time and called the cops and got their plate number, but the guys were out of there by then. I was really pissed at the time for getting dragged into it, but then got a phone call an hour later that one of my friends just broke his back (unrelated) so the whole incident wasn't really on my mind anymore.

Fast forward to today, this asshole that threatened me calls my roommate and wants to "make it right" to avoid me pressing charges. I never considered calling the cops, may have threatened to at the time, but really just wanted them to leave. Now the guy wants to pay me off. But I don't want the dude's money or anything to do with him...

Or if I did take his money I could buy myself a gun, or at least get partway there... hmm. It's a helpless feeling being held up in your own house.

But I'm thinking a better justice, is I get to tase him. [IMG]http://www.vettemod.com/forum/images/smilies/smiley-shocking.gif[/IMG] Let's make a deal... What do you guys think. This should be a poll.
Posted on: 2010/11/5 1:15

Matatk Re: Don't taze me bro!
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

I think you should go forward with the criminal complaint.

BTW, hope your friend with the broken back is able to recover.

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/11/5 1:30

CentralCoaster Re: Don't taze me bro!
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I'm not overly optimistic, but still hoping for the best. Damaged at T12 which is sort of mid/lower back, affects everything below the waste. They won't really know until after a few weeks of therapy what sort of recovery to expect. Will go see him on Saturday, there's not a lot of time left in his day for visiting hours and such.
Posted on: 2010/11/5 1:37

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Motorcycle accident?
Posted on: 2010/11/5 1:42

chisgt Re: Don't taze me bro!
Guru Newb
chitown
58 Posts

I'll skip my lecture about home protection and just say that no matter where you live you should always have the door locked. If you decide not to press charges, you might talk with one of the tactical officers about looking at this guy for a possible future search warrant. Sometimes even when people want to press charges, they fear retaliation.I dont know you and I dont know how far you want to go with this, I would suggest that you do whatever you feel comfortable with. I hope everything turns out Ok with your friends back.
Posted on: 2010/11/5 1:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Yeah, that's always going to be a risk of renting, you can keep your nose clean, but those other guys might not, or even just the people they associate with.

I see it as a job, putting up with their shit part time for $1100 per month.

I don't have any faith in cops or the legal system really, pressing charges won't fix stupid. He won't forget a good tazing though.
Posted on: 2010/11/5 2:22

BillH Re: Don't taze me bro!
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

That sucks, Kevin.
First, good luck yo your Buddie.

If you had a weapon, could you have got by these guys to get to it?

If these guys are drug dealers, pursuing the criminal complaint may lead to them retaliating, a consideration.

I wouldn't be without a gun in the house (and I live in a very safe area).
Posted on: 2010/11/5 2:47

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

In this case, not without some clever talking to get out of their sights, but it would have been a reason to try harder than I did.

There are plenty of other scenarios where you do have time though, like if I was in another room during this.
Posted on: 2010/11/5 2:57

383tpimachine Re: Don't taze me bro!
Master Guru
Corpus Christi
976 Posts

We have a gun in every room of the house that can be occupied during a breakin. My bedroom, parents bedroom, living room, kitchen and one in each barn. We rarely are together as a family in the same room but there is usually 2 of us at home at a time. 1 scream and a gun gets loaded. I am a firm believer in home protection.

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
Posted on: 2010/11/5 3:05

TommyT-Bone Re: Don't taze me bro!
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Tazer-man must have a screw loose. Who the hell uses a tazer as a primary assault weapon? These guys wanted their money. Doesn't matter if it was for gambling, dope or baseball cards. Your gonna be looking over your shoulder whether you press charges or not. If you give them a break, they'll soon forget it. If you pursue they'll commit you to memory. You'll always be the mother blanker that turned them in. Prosecuters are always making deals. I guess you can too. How much are they willing to pay to make this go away?

I wish the best for your friend. Hope he's one of the lucky ones.
Posted on: 2010/11/5 3:25

flyboy Re: Don't taze me bro!
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

Chalk it up as an unpleasant experience and forget about it.
Also, a gun in that mix could have been a very bad thing.
Posted on: 2010/11/5 3:37

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Could be, but it's an option at least. Obviously the guys weren't after me, the accomplice even shrugged at me and obviously felt bad about the situation at the time.

But this other guy obviously was a loose cannon, so it's impossible to predict what they might do.

Anyways I'm over it. It was an interesting night though to say the least so I wanted to share.

My roommate said the guy was willing to get tased in return, and gave a number for me to contact him. I have no intention of doing so, and only suggested it to see his reaction. That's enough for me, and honestly in this case I feel like a little good will might rub off on him.
Posted on: 2010/11/5 4:08

bogus Re: Don't taze me bro!
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I wish I knew California law regarding self defense.

Most states have such a law regarding immanent danger. However, CA is one of those states where if you defend yourself, you could be sued by the offender.

At this point, perhaps letting the dealer right this is the best bed. Sometimes, just sometimes, it is good to have the local heavy on your side. However, associating with this type is potentially dangerous.

I would let the cops deal with this... and consider buying a small revolver or pistol. Something you can keep with you when watching TV and then lock into a safe when you go to work.

One final thought... on your rental agreements, make drug use a severable offense. I would also require a fingerprint background check. It's time to stop fucking around with these losers before they bring you down with them.
Posted on: 2010/11/5 5:16

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Considering I've smoked pot with my roommates on occasion, and fraternized with others... I'd be a hypocrite, lol.

It's a fine line though, being in charge and getting that rent check without being an asshole (with lots of turnover and stress) or being walked on.
Posted on: 2010/11/5 5:29

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

You could always pay a couple of big guys to be your friend for a couple of months. You can always go the the local Buy Here - Pay Here Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap joint. Your not totally defenseless and situations like this rarely turn capital.
Posted on: 2010/11/5 11:28

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
You could always pay a couple of big guys to be your friend for a couple of months. You can always go the the local Buy Here - Pay Here Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap joint. Your not totally defenseless and situations like this rarely turn capitol.

Posted on: 2010/11/5 11:30

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

I had a similar situation to CCs 22 years ago. I was sitting in my living room watching TV and getting ready to go to work. Suddenly a group of guys busted in my front door, grabbed me, threw me on the floor and ransacked my house. They were armed and dangerous. Nothing ever came of it and they never bothered me again after that.

Attach file:

jpg  SWAT.jpg (395.98 KB)
852_4cd3eeb47629f.jpg 720X537 px
Posted on: 2010/11/5 11:47

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
I would let the cops deal with this... and consider buying a small revolver or pistol. Something you can keep with you when watching TV and then lock into a safe when you go to work.

Shoot them with a small bore and it will just piss them off, worse if they're drugged up.

Min is a 9mm with hollow points, 40 Smith is better.

If you're in a life threatening situation, you don'y want to hit a guy with a 32 that doesn't stop him.
Posted on: 2010/11/5 12:51

Vetron87 Re: Don't taze me bro!
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Kevin I teach the kind of people that did this. Tommy is right! they will not forget you if you press charges. Intimidation is their strong suit plus being crazy and high on drugs really takes common sense out of the equalization.
They never travel alone and will create problems later on. Remember these guys have no values and are predators. In their mind 3 meals a day, videos, lifting weights in prison is not that bad of a deal!
I hope your buddie will be all right!
Becareful Kevin
Posted on: 2010/11/5 14:47

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

bogus wrote:

Shoot them with a small bore and it will just piss them off, worse if they're drugged up.

Min is a 9mm with hollow points, 40 Smith is better.

If you're in a life threatening situation, you don'y want to hit a guy with a 32 that doesn't stop him.

I should have been clear - I was suggesting a small form factor handgun. Something like a S&W Airlite .357, H&K P7 Officers 9mm...
Posted on: 2010/11/5 16:23

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
Considering I've smoked pot with my roommates on occasion, and fraternized with others... I'd be a hypocrite, lol.

It's a fine line though, being in charge and getting that rent check without being an asshole (with lots of turnover and stress) or being walked on.

Are you sure you really want to publicly announce this??? just saying...

I guess if one sleeps with the rats, you might just get rabies.
Posted on: 2010/11/5 16:23

Vetron87 Re: Don't taze me bro!
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:

I agree, always steer clear of trouble and think about whats around you, and the people you hang with! If you do this and trouble still comes your way put them in the dirt.
Posted on: 2010/11/5 16:29

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:

I have nothing to hide. I don't sleep with the rats, just socialize with them on occasion. Loosen up dude.
Posted on: 2010/11/5 16:56

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
I should have been clear - I was suggesting a small form factor handgun. Something like a S&W Airlite .357, H&K P7 Officers 9mm...

Thought that's probably what you meant but wanted to clairfy.
Posted on: 2010/11/5 17:56

astock165 Re: Don't taze me bro!
Registered Vendor
Manchester NH
199 Posts

Quote:
bogus wrote: Quote:
BillH wrote: Quote:
bogus wrote: I would let the cops deal with this... and consider buying a small revolver or pistol. Something you can keep with you when watching TV and then lock into a safe when you go to work.
Shoot them with a small bore and it will just piss them off, worse if they're drugged up. Min is a 9mm with hollow points, 40 Smith is better. If you're in a life threatening situation, you don'y want to hit a guy with a 32 that doesn't stop him.

Sorry guys, .45 ACP is still regarded as the best man stopping round. AND it's not prone to over penetration, causing other legal issues.

Posted on: 2010/11/5 21:16
www.banskimotorsports.com

JrRifleCoach Re: Don't taze me bro!
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Unfortunately, CA laws will protect the bad guys if they live.

If anyone enters your home and threatens you with bodily harm, you have two choices; run or fight back.

Yes, you can stand there and go with the flow until your safe.

However, if your going to fight back you should be prepared to drop the dood for good. 38-45 cals are best for the job.
Posted on: 2010/11/5 21:34

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

that figures...
Posted on: 2010/11/5 23:34

Ultraman Re: Don't taze me bro!
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14754 Posts

Rough neighborhood! Since they were not after you or did not mess you up other than piss you off and scare the crap out of you, I'd let it ride. I would not take money or any thing else they offer. Just say lets forget it and move on. The farther from those jerks you can get the better.

What I would do is light up your roomy and move him on down the road! He is going to end up dead some night and you don't want to be in the room when it happens. You can't live with the pigs without getting shit on you. A weapon would have only been advised if they were there to rob burn and distroy you or your place. To try and shoot them for what they did to your idiot roommate would have only led to problems you don't even want to know about. Just saying.
Posted on: 2010/11/6 1:32

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

The neighborhood is fine. This was a case of some guy from across town following this guy to my place, wasn't even my roommate, just a friend of his coming over to meet him.
Posted on: 2010/11/7 6:17

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33766 Posts

Attach file:

jpg  Friends of Kevin.jpg (118.41 KB)
852_4cd8587beed66.jpg 500X233 px
Posted on: 2010/11/8 20:07

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.