Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
206 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Collector Edition
RPO Z15.

1996 only.

Silver with black, red or grey interior.

LT1/A4 or LT4/ZF6....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Saturday Chat 06.25.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Up and at 'em early today. I have a project list about 4 pages long. Of course, *my* projects always get pushed to the bottom. At least if I'm up at 5:30 I can go in the garage and work on some of my things...like checking the dizzy, maybe. Always something to do.

Plan on going to a little carnival later today with the family. Samantha likes to ride some of the smaller rides and go on the big slides, things like that. Enjoy (or should I say, consume) some of the junk food from the stands. Should be fun.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/6/25 10:59

Matatk Re: Saturday Chat 06.25.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Word of the Day
Saturday, June 25, 2011
torrefy
\TAWR-uh-fahy\ , verb;
1.To subject to fire or intense heat.
2.In pharmacology, to dry or parch drugs with heat.
3.To roast, as metallic ores.
Posted on: 2011/6/25 11:08

crash Re: Saturday Chat 06.25.11
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

good morning gurus. well i have a busy day ahead. have to get a hair cut.then stop by a friends and give him my new walkman to fill it with tunes. then stop by the boat storage place and sign some papers. then to bass pro to get some stuff. then to the dor and pay the taxes on our new jeep patriot. then stop by factory parts warehouse and ck on a new opti and water pump for the vette. then come home and wash and wax the jeep. then ill bbq some country ribs. well i better get going .
have a good day gurus.
rich
Posted on: 2011/6/25 12:01

Ultraman Re: Saturday Chat 06.25.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14761 Posts

Wow rich that's a busy schedule the best part is at the end when you get to eat those ribs. Matt sounds like a good family day for you also. It rained big here last night with lots of thunder and lightning. 2 inches here. We have ball games today and they may not happen now. Also a wedding to go to this evening.

I need to clean up my car still from last weekends journey. I need to nap also. Have a fun day off guys and girls.

The man was torrefyed by the thought of flying in an airplane.
Posted on: 2011/6/25 12:27

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

BillH Re: Saturday Chat 06.25.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I'll match your 5:30 Matthew.
I'm going to play with C2 parts and figure out why my glass bead cabinet is shocking me.

Rich, take a very close look at what brand, etc. that opti is.
Posted on: 2011/6/25 12:30

Huskerland
14761 Posts

Bill like a lot of things that we have trouble with its probably a bad ground.
Posted on: 2011/6/25 13:08

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Bill like a lot of things that we have trouble with its probably a bad ground.

Yea, that's what I thing. I changed the light in the cabinet to a spotlight (2 wire) since the flourescent lights in these are worthless.

The problem with a glass bead cabinet and a vacuum hooked to it is static electricity. And low humidity makes it even worse.
Posted on: 2011/6/25 13:30

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 06.25.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Morning guys...I'm not up early, I respect you guys who are. My guess your problem is the static electricity, Bill. Heck my shop vac does that here. Again low humidity. Matt sounds like you are going to have some fun. Rich, you got enough for the rest of us? Marcus, we could still use a bunch of that rain here.

Got to go out to the shop and do a little work. Later I'm going to let the Corvette down so I can get a couple pictures of the Ipod installation.

C ya l8r
Posted on: 2011/6/25 14:14

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Morning guys...I'm not up early, I respect you guys who are. My guess your problem is the static electricity, Bill. Heck my shop vac does that here. Again low humidity.

Some of the vacuum systems for the good blast cabinets actually have a ground wire in the hose.
Posted on: 2011/6/25 14:30

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 06.25.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Slept in good today, I should turn pro. It's quite gloomy out, nothing like what the forecasters were advertising. Got lots to do on the deck, so I'll be back at it today.

Have a good one, yawlz!
Posted on: 2011/6/25 14:53

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Huskerland
14761 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Howdy! Slept in good today, I should turn pro.

Do you get a signing bonus when you do that? Like a new Temperpedic mattress or something.....
Posted on: 2011/6/25 15:04

JeffK Re: Saturday Chat 06.25.11
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

At the tire shop.getting tires on the front of our family truckster (wife's Pacifica) she got a screw in one of the fronts on father's day and the thread was getting a little light. We pulled the jetski out last night to clean it up and hook up the battery charger. Going to her family house in Alabama for the week of the fourth. We go every year this time. It's on the Chatahoocee river so we laze around on the pontoon boat and fool around on the jetski. I am so looking forward to a week away from everything.

Have a great day guru's!
Posted on: 2011/6/25 15:07

vetteblondie Re: Saturday Chat 06.25.11
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4662 Posts

I slept in late too... had a ton of shit to do and my schedule has been all jacked. Due to run errands yesterday, new air compressor on truck has wrong pulley so I spent half an hour unwinding part of my belt from the fan shaft. Gotta get that all redone today. Supposed to have been working on getting my house in order today NOT messing with car/truck BS. Also have freelance work to do. This house looks like something straight out of hoarders, trying to 'rearrange' the rooms and have shit everywhere except where it's supposed to be. I'm tired of tripping over crap. Guess it'll wait yet another day. Was hoping for at least a weekend of not working on something
Posted on: 2011/6/25 15:52

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Already been to two stores and the bank this morning. Picked up the battery for the sump pump and got that all installed and tested. Seems to work just fine. Picked up some rattle can paint to spray a little toybox we picked up at ikea a few weeks ago.

Right now the landscapers are rebuilding the retaining wall. I have to stick around for that while the wife is out shopping for a wedding shower. I have rugrat #1 to keep me company. Once they are all done we'll head over to the carnival. Hopefully it's not too late.

Off to do more work.

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/6/25 18:12

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

So far the 30% chance of rain today has proved out to be more like 100%
Posted on: 2011/6/25 19:21

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

The husband reluctantly agreed to play in the couples alternate shot golf tournament at his club. He teed off on the first hole, a par four, and blistered a drive 300 yards down the middle of the fairway.

Upon reaching the ball, the husband said to his wife, "Just hit it toward the green, anywhere around there will be fine."

The wife proceeded to shank the ball deep into the woods. Undaunted, the husband said "That's ok sweetheart." He then spent the next ten minutes looking for the ball. He finally found it, but in a horrible position. He played the shot of his life, and got the ball within two feet of the hole!

"Just tap it in now, honey." he said to his wife.

She then proceeded to knock the ball past the hole, off the green, and into a bunker!

Maintaining his composure, the husband summoned all of his skill and holed the shot from the bunker! He retrieved the ball and, while walking off the green, put his arm around his wife and said, very calmly, "Honey, well we managed to salvage that hole, and I'm sure we can do better on the next hole."

To which she replied, "I certainly hope so! And just remember, only 2 of those 5 shots were mine!"
Posted on: 2011/6/25 19:39

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 06.25.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33775 Posts

Up early , left early. Went to the auction. Interest was expressed on 2 properties. I bid the first one and won the bid. Winning the bid is just half the battle. Now the forclosing lender has 15 days to accept or decline my bid. If they accept it I'm the winning bidder and will have new digs. What sucks is it's not an absolute auction. It's an auction but the original mortgage holder has a right to refusal. I didn't bid on the second property because I can't swing both. It was an either/or situation. The one with 1.2 acres went for 110K. My bid was 182.5K on the big house. With buyers premium, processing fee, about 8K in back taxes, it will come to just about 200K. Crossing my fingers.
Posted on: 2011/6/25 20:12

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Wow, good luck, Tommy! That's a lot of house for 200K.
Posted on: 2011/6/25 20:29

crash Re: Saturday Chat 06.25.11
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

bill this opti is a new a/c delco. im getting it for $400.00. i guess thats a good price. ive dealt with this company for years when i was service writing for a living. also got a new water pump for $124.00
got everything else done includeing a 1.5 hr nap. ahhhh life is good.
have a good day gurus.

rich
Posted on: 2011/6/26 0:01

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Congrats, Tommy, hope it works out!

I've pretty much been working non-stop since I got up. It's about 7:30 now. Finished the sump pump earlier then put together a big plastic backyard jungle gym thing for rugrat #1. She was already playing in it as I was putting it together. A bit of a PIA, but done. Spent about 3 hours putting together and painting the toy chest for her room. Doesn't look half bad, but needs another coat of paint. Cleaned up the house a bit. Got in a decent back/shoulder workout. Now I'm gonna clean up and head to the neighbor's for a drink. I think I earned it. Up early tomorrow, though. Driving down to Rick's MIL's place about an hour and a half away to move a bunch of furniture out of an apartment she owns that she's renting out. Hopefully won't take too long, it's not real big. We might get some jetskiing in after that.

Matthew

PS - landscapers finished about 95% of the work by around 6:00 and called it quits. One will be back Monday to make a few final cuts and glue down the top layer. Looks so much better. Amazing how changing the profile of the curves/bricks makes such a huge difference.
Posted on: 2011/6/26 0:41

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

crash wrote:
bill this opti is a new a/c delco. im getting it for $400.00. i guess thats a good price. ive dealt with this company for years when i was service writing for a living. also got a new water pump for $124.00
got everything else done includeing a 1.5 hr nap. ahhhh life is good.
have a good day gurus.

rich

That's good. It's the $200 ones that fail in 6 months.
Posted on: 2011/6/26 2:18

Vetron87 Re: Saturday Chat 06.25.11
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Good Evening guys. Finally no rain. Did three hull inspections for power boat craft that had run aground last weekend. Water in the harbor was only 55 degrees. Amazing what people can do to a boat, night time and rocks.
Took the vette, actually first time out since first week of May. Ran good except for a flat spot periodically during acceleration from 40 mph. Used the twin 72 tanks and the Royal Aqua Master I acquired last week. Damn heavy load, and to think we use to run with those things on our backs. Well guys its been a long day, my wife has dinner waiting, hate eating at 10:00 @ night. I see your getting a lot of mileage from the gay thread. Its a brave new world! I guess its not cool to be straight anymore
Posted on: 2011/6/26 2:28

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4662 Posts

Geez what a day.... made it to the shop about 12:30, got air in truck RE-done, thanks O' Reilly... growl.... then dude welded a nut to my stuck rounded head bolt, that didn't help, then spent forever drilling it out. Only to find out I need a new head on that side. I cried. Before I even got home, he called said he found me a head, free... wow... and on top of that didn't even ask me to pay him for all his trouble to day plus he brought ME lunch! Guess it's been a good day?
Posted on: 2011/6/26 2:31

Resized Image

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 06.25.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33775 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Before I even got home, he called said he found me a head, free... wow... and on top of that didn't even ask me to pay him for all his trouble to day plus he brought ME lunch! Guess it's been a good day?

What a nice guy.
Posted on: 2011/6/26 2:58

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4662 Posts

I'm feelin blessed at the monent but this shit ain't over yet
Posted on: 2011/6/26 3:18

Resized Image

RickAnthony Re: Saturday Chat 06.25.11
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Congrats, Tommy, hope it works out!

I've pretty much been working non-stop since I got up. It's about 7:30 now. Finished the sump pump earlier then put together a big plastic backyard jungle gym thing for rugrat #1. She was already playing in it as I was putting it together. A bit of a PIA, but done. Spent about 3 hours putting together and painting the toy chest for her room. Doesn't look half bad, but needs another coat of paint. Cleaned up the house a bit. Got in a decent back/shoulder workout. Now I'm gonna clean up and head to the neighbor's for a drink. I think I earned it. Up early tomorrow, though. Driving down to Rick's MIL's place about an hour and a half away to move a bunch of furniture out of an apartment she owns that she's renting out. Hopefully won't take too long, it's not real big. We might get some jetskiing in after that.

Matthew

PS - landscapers finished about 95% of the work by around 6:00 and called it quits. One will be back Monday to make a few final cuts and glue down the top layer. Looks so much better. Amazing how changing the profile of the curves/bricks makes such a huge difference.

I know the feeling.. I wasn't up as early as you this morning though... but have been really busy lately.. I got the skiis ready and loaded so hopefully we can get all the big stuff out and in the trailer real quick, and go try them out for the first time this year! both have new batteries I installed today, and put new plugs in the green one, hopefully we can get all the fogging oil purged out and get them running like a top...

anyway went the the big fish (after bloomington gold) bbq, tonight stayed for a couple hours, (I didnt goto the gold show though) and now I'm just about out the door to the MIL's house at 11pm to stay over night for the last time in our apartment she owns...

Looks like the weather should be clearing up by late morning.. fingers and toes crossed..

-=Rick
Posted on: 2011/6/26 3:44
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.