Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
304 user(s) are online (245 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Thursday Chat 01.08.15
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

So last night I read about and watched the video from the Paris terrorist attacks. What a horrible, atrocious thing. Now the backlash appears to be that French citizens are attacking/damaging mosques. I don't condone violence on either side, but I don't have an answer. Just observations. Hopefully something can be resolved peacefully.

More cold today, followed by more cold tomorrow We are supposed to get 1-2 inches of snow later. Can't wait.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2015/1/8 12:38

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 01.08.15
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

GMCG's
Eradication has always been the method of choice when it comes to controlling an ideology. People of like mind were separated geographically from neighbors of opposing or differing views. This usually came as the result of prior wars, feuds and territory grabs. Today we live in a diluted world where ideologies have mixed into other cultures. Just look at people here in the states. There is plenty of hate and distrust to fuel racism and bigotry for generations to come. Eye for and eye has been utilized frequently. US likes to practice eye for a head. You f@(% with us, we will f@(% you up. Bye bye Osama, bye bye Sadam, bye bye Mohimar. Take the responsible mother@(%ers out. Booyah.

What a glorious morning. The sun is shining and it's a cool, crisp 58*. High today of around 70. There is beauty in the world around us if only we take the time to look. Turn off the news ....... may the good news be yours.
Posted on: 2015/1/8 13:02
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

captmike13 Re: Thursday Chat 01.08.15
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2166 Posts

Good morning gang.

It's cold out this morning. -9*. Had no water in the house when I got home from work yesterday. So today's agenda on the way home is to buy some water so I can at least wash some dishes and more importantly flush the toilet. I hope everyone is having better luck than I in this cold.

On with today.

Word of the day is Fritter.

Today is NATIONAL BUBBLE BATH DAY

On a cold winters day, relaxing in a nice warm/hot bubble bath sounds like the perfect way to celebrate National Bubble Bath Day, which is celebrated annually on January 8th.

The bubbles on top of the water (also known as foam bath or foaming bath) actually insulate the bath water, keeping it warmer for a longer period of time.
◦Children find bubble baths fun and enjoy playing with the bubbles which entices them to take their baths.
◦Some “bubble bath”, “bath foam” or “foaming bath” serves a dual purpose and can also be used as to wash skin or hair.
◦Bath foam preparations may be in the form of liquid, gel, or as solids in the form of powders, grains, or tablets.

According to the AC Nielsen Data, Mr. Bubble is the #1 brand of bath products in the United States and in 2011 it celebrated its 50th birthday. Mr. Bubble is a brand of bath product made by The Village Company.

The brand’s slogan is “Makes Getting Clean Almost as Much Fun as Getting Dirty!”

Mr. Bubble was founded by Mr. Harold Schafer and the Gold Seal Company in 1961 in North Dakota, USA. The Gold Seal company manufactured and distributed Mr. Bubble until 1986 when the company was sold. Mr. Bubble bubble bath products have been reformulated to be “tear-free”, “dermatologist tested”, “hypo-allergenic” and “pediatrician tested”. Mr Bubble TV show appearances:
◦Family Guy
◦The Simpsons
◦1983 Eddie Murphy Delirious
◦1987 Gold Through the Fire
◦1996 Ed (starring Matt LeBlanc)
◦Everybody Loves Raymond (Season 3)

NATIONAL BUBBLE BATH DAY HISTORY

Our research was unable to find the creator of National Bubble Bath Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.

NATIONAL ENGLISH TOFFEE DAY

Recognized by the National Confectioners Associations and celebrated by millions across the country, January 8th of each year celebrates National English Toffee Day. A popular variant of to the original toffee that is a confection made by caramelizing sugar or molasses along with butter, the United States adapted “English toffee” which is a very buttery toffee usually made with almonds and is available in both chewy and hard versions. The Heath bar is a type of candy bar that is made with an English toffee core.

To celebrate National English Toffee Day, try one of the following “tried and true” recipes:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/best-toffee-ever—super-easy/

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/saltine-toffee-cookies/

http://candy.about.com/od/carameltoffee/r/englishtoffee.htm

http://www.foodreference.com/html/frozenengtofcaker.html

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/t ... d2-41d2-929a-54dc5bfbf3ca

NATIONAL ENGLISH TOFFEE DAY HISTORY

Within our research, we were unable to find the creator of National English Toffee Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.

NATIONAL JOYGERM DAY

January 8th annually celebrates National JoyGerm Day. National JoyGerm Day was created as a day to remind people across the country that by being positive and treating people with kindness, they can influence those around them and pass that positiveness on to others, impacting the lives of people and even those that we do not even have direct contact with.

To celebrate National JoyGerm Day, see how often, throughout the day, you can spread the JoyGerm!

Laugh, smile, be kind, inspire and spread the one type of germ that is good for everyone to catch!

NATIONAL JOYGERM DAY HISTORY

Our research was unable to find the origin and creator of National JoyGerm Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.

NATIONAL ARGYLE DAY

Deriving from the tartan of Clan Campbell, of Argyll in western Scotland, the argyle pattern used for kilts and plaids and from the patterned socks (known as “tartan hose”) worn by Scottish Highlanders since at least the 17th century, is recognized and honored each year on January 8th on National Argyle Day.

Occasionally you may find argyle spelled argyll.

Most commonly referring to the overall pattern made of diamonds or lozenges, the word argyle sometimes is used referring to an individual diamond in the design. Layers of overlapping motifs are found in most argyle layouts adding a sense of three-dimensionality, movement and texture. Typically in the pattern, there is an overlay of inter-crossing diagonal lines on solid diamonds. Helped by its identification with the Duke of Windsor, Pringle of Scotland (a luxury knitwear manufacturer and importer) popularized the design. The duke, like many others, used the argyle design pattern for golf clothing on both jerseys and long socks that were needed for the plus-fours trouser fashion of the day.

Argyle knitwear became fashionable in the USA after the first world war.

U.S. Open and PGA champion, Payne Stewart (1957-1999) was known and loved by his fans for his bright and “flashy” outfits of tams, knickerbockers and argyle socks.

NATIONAL ARGYLE DAY HISTORY

Within our research, we were unable to find the creator and origin of National Argyle Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.
Posted on: 2015/1/8 13:08

captmike13@yahoo.com

KPotter Re: Thursday Chat 01.08.15
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

Morning all.

I just looked at the temperature here and there is none. zero degrees, no temperature. Wind chill is -14. Lovely day to have to go out at lunchtime to run errands.

I never cease to be amazed at the amount of violence that is brought on by ideology / religion, subjects that should be peaceful.
Posted on: 2015/1/8 13:12

pianoguy Re: Thursday Chat 01.08.15
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Sipo dave!

Today we will bask in the wonderfulness that is a thermometer displaying a temperature above 0. This, of course, will be accompanied by a fresh blanket of snow, followed by a return to the deep freeze.

Those people who committed the atrocities in France are a unique brand of crazy - I don't know that there is a peaceful solution.

Have a good day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2015/1/8 13:30

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

A bubble bath and sharing joygerm with some attractive womenfolk sounds like a great way to spend the day. Well at least the bubble bath part. The joygerm spreading would not have the desired beneficial results. (conk on head with hammer emoticon)
Posted on: 2015/1/8 13:41

BillH Re: Thursday Chat 01.08.15
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

58 today

That 365 Speedster cab be yours for only $175k, pipe not included.

Workin' on race cars again today.
Posted on: 2015/1/8 13:48

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I neglected to say Happy 80th Birthday to Elvis.
Posted on: 2015/1/8 13:50

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 01.08.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Morning guys...it's warm here compared to most of the rest of you, 18 and headed, they say, to 42. But back in the deep freeze tomorrow.

Conflict seems to be the way most people think is the solution. Not a conflict kind of guy, but I never back down from someone trying to impose their beliefs on me either. Not sure that burning Mosques is the answer. Just like anything the extremists are giving the entire bunch a bad name.
Posted on: 2015/1/8 13:51

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
sharing joygerm

Posted on: 2015/1/8 14:25

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
58 today

That 365 Speedster cab be yours for only $175k, pipe not included.

Workin' on race cars again today.

356's are cool but not my cup of tea.
Posted on: 2015/1/8 14:30

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
I neglected to say Happy 80th Birthday to Elvis.

I wonder if he knows it's his birthday? More joygerm.

Posted on: 2015/1/8 14:34

GRIS Re: Thursday Chat 01.08.15
Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7682 Posts

[quote]
Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

So last night I read about and watched the video from the Paris terrorist attacks. What a horrible, atrocious thing. Now the backlash appears to be that French citizens are attacking/damaging mosques. I don't condone violence on either side, but I don't have an answer. Just observations. Hopefully something can be resolved peacefully./quote]

TERRORISM CAN NOT BE "RESOLVED PEACEABLY" UNLESS YOU CONSIDER SURRENDER A SOLUTION. WE ARE A VIOLENT SPECIES. "AND THAT'S THE WAY THINGS ARE", TO QUOTE OLD LODGESKINS.

CLEAR AND COLD IN THE NATIONS THIS MORNING, 16 DEGREES ON THE FRONT PORCH. NO WIND, WHICH IS A BLESSING, HIGH OF 33 PREDICTED. I BET THE DOG'S WATER IS FROZEN. WHADDA YA DO WITH A FIVE GALLON ICE CUBE? PUT IT IN A BARREL OF WHISKEY? BUT THEN YOU'D HAVE TO DRINK IT QUICK BEFORE IT MELTED AND WATERED DOWN YOUR BOURBON ;-)
Posted on: 2015/1/8 14:51

---"yellow is for folks who think a bright red Corvette is too restrained."

BrianCunningham Re: Thursday Chat 01.08.15
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

-5 w/o the wind chill

brr....

looking like an Arab the way I was bundled up
Posted on: 2015/1/8 15:22

Ultraman Re: Thursday Chat 01.08.15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14760 Posts

I think the French have been fairly easy on the Muslims as they have slowly taken over more and more of the country....is there a good Muslim? I am starting to have my doubts....but the radical side is growing more and more each day. If you don't do as they say they will kill you...if you write something against them they will kill you....given enough time these guys will make the Nazis look tame..... Eventually all free nations will have to join in the fight to eradicate all radicle Muslim factions.....or the Muslims will do everything they can to eradicate us....

Cold and windy with more coming looks like....good nights for working on my shop project......

Enjoy the day no matter what the weather is like......
Posted on: 2015/1/8 15:39

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
the Muslims will do everything they can to eradicate us....

Propaganda report

Posted on: 2015/1/8 16:01

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

and ..........

Posted on: 2015/1/8 16:04

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Freedom in America, what is it? Is it what popular society dictates in America or is it what was guaranteed under The Constitution and Declaration of Independence? These very documents outline protection to those we may have strong disdain for. Nonetheless, to be American dictates we must accept the lawful presence of those that have made the U.S. their home. ............ Shot of whiskey sounds very inviting right about now. (or two, or three, or four)

Posted on: 2015/1/8 16:13

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

By the way, who among us has read the Declaration of Independence or The Constitution of the U.S.? I know I haven't read both and I'm not proud to admit it. (I have read The Declaration)
Posted on: 2015/1/8 16:17

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2015/1/8 17:05

Ultraman Re: Thursday Chat 01.08.15
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14760 Posts

I understand that there are Muslims who pronounce peace and understanding....most of those live in the U.S. where they have certain inalienable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.....Its the other billion hard core thugs that recruit into the good ones, to make bad ones out of them, or they will kill them and their families......everyone is scared as shit of them.....

I think you need to keep bombing them back into the stone age because when you let up they just heal up and get stronger....

Its a world problem not just an American one.....lets see a 1.8 birth rate in France for French folk and 8.1% for the Muslims.....its not going to take long...maybe 2 decades until they have all the power....

Not happening in the U.S. Take a look at Detroit its turning into an Muslim enclave right under out noses....It will not effect our generation but our kids and their kids will fight the wars that are coming because of the rise of the militant Islamic state....

The first thing on their agenda is the complete elimination of the Jewish state and after that all the other infidels....that would be us....
Posted on: 2015/1/8 17:15

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Take a look at Detroit its turning into an Muslim enclave right under out noses....

Well, at least somebody wants to live there.
Posted on: 2015/1/8 17:18

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Quote:

Matt's Bar ...... Should be easy for you to remember.

Joe's Stone Crab on Miami Beach is a true destination with lines out the door all the time. I've never eaten three. I understand $$$$$ would be apparent from the menu. It's a waiters dream to work there as the tips are considerable. There's scores of people waiting for one of those jobs too.
We go to a restaurant in Key Largo called the Bally Hoo. $46 all you can eat, 3 types of crab. They have a cheaper price for queen crab only. No lines, little wait.
Posted on: 2015/1/8 17:25

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7682 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

By the way, who among us has read the Declaration of Independence or The Constitution of the U.S.? I know I haven't read both and I'm not proud to admit it. (I have read The Declaration)

THE DECLARATION IS JUST THAT, A DECLARATION OF PRINCIPLE AND REASON FOR REVOLT. THE CONSTITUTION IS OUR RULING DOCUMENT/CONTRACT. ( A TANGENTIAL THOUGHT HERE: WHY DO THE ENGLISH SPEAKING PEOPLE SO LOVE AND REVERE CONTRACTS?)

AS TO MOSLEM TERRORISTS, OF COURSE NOT ALL MOSLEMS ARE TERRORISTS; THE PROBLEM LIES IN SORTING THEM OUT. I DO NOT ADVOCATE IT BUT THE “ONE SIZE FITS ALL” APPROACH HAS WORKED IN THE PAST.

AN ILLUMINATING MINOR ILLUSTRATION MAY BE FOUND IN THE COMMUNIST CHINESE INSURGENCY IN INDONESIA. TERRORIST TACTICS WERE USED FREELY BY THE CHINESE. IT WAS A MAJOR ERROR TO USE THEM AGAINST THE DAYAK PEOPLE. THESE WERE THE ORIGINAL “WILD MEN OF BORNEO” AND IT HAD TAKEN THE DUTCH A COUPLE OF CENTURIES TO MAKE THE DAYAKS QUIT HUNTING HEADS. THE DAYAK RESPONDED TO TERRORISM IN THEIR TRADITIONAL WAY AND SOON PILES OF CHINESE HEADS BEGAN TO APPEAR AT CROSSROADS. I DOUBT THEY WERE VERY PICKY ABOUT WHOSE THEY WERE, AS LONG AS THEY WERE CHINESE. INTIMIDATION OF THE DAYAK QUICKLY WENT OUT OF FASHION.

MAYBE IT IS AN ERROR TO RESPOND TO TRIBAL PEOPLE WHO ADHERE TO EIGHTH CENTURY MORALITY AND IDEOLOGY IN TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY FASHION. CURRENT DNA TESTING COULD BE USED TO IDENTIFY THE KIN OF TERRORISTS, EVEN EXPLODED ONES, FOR PUNISHMENT. THIS WOULD BE QUITE IN ACCORD WITH EIGHTH CENTURY ETHICS AND WOULD BE COMMUNICATION A TRIBAL PEOPLE COULD EASILY COMPREHEND.
Posted on: 2015/1/8 17:34

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7682 Posts

Quote:

WE USED TO HAVE TEAM MEETINGS AT CATTLEMAN'S IN THE 90'S. THE FOOD WAS NOTHING SPECIAL THEN. I HAVE NOT BEEN BACK SINCE.
Posted on: 2015/1/8 17:49

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7682 Posts

Quote:

KPotter wrote:
I never cease to be amazed at the amount of violence that is brought on by ideology / religion, subjects that should be peaceful.

THE MAINSPRING OF THIS MECHANISM IS DOMINANCE. HERR ADLER WAS CORRECT.
Posted on: 2015/1/8 18:01

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Quote:

GRIS wrote:
Quote:

KPotter wrote:

THE MAINSPRING OF THIS MECHANISM IS DOMINANCE. HERR ADLER WAS CORRECT.

Robin Trower asks

Posted on: 2015/1/8 18:07

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

As far as The Wild Men of Borneo ..... What man doesn't like to get a little head?

GRIS, as you have already found out, I only know enough about any given subject to make me dangerous. That is .... a danger to myself.
Posted on: 2015/1/8 18:10

Elite Guru
OKLAHOMA
7682 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
As far as The Wild Men of Borneo ..... What man doesn't like to get a little head?

GOOD POINT, TOMMY :-)
Posted on: 2015/1/8 18:28

KPotter Re: Thursday Chat 01.08.15
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

Please, Jaguar, please. And then bring it to Sebring.

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/jaguar-pl ... mans-racer-123043141.html
Posted on: 2015/1/8 18:33

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Quote:

KPotter wrote:

It sure is purdy.
Posted on: 2015/1/8 23:47

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 01.08.15
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

That's a cool design....... I'd like to see that one come to fruition.
Posted on: 2015/1/9 3:48

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

BrianCunningham Re: Thursday Chat 01.08.15
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Quote:

KPotter wrote:

Yes please
Posted on: 2015/1/9 14:50

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.