Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
300 user(s) are online (249 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  ABS
Antilock Braking System.

Standard on all C4s starting in 1986....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

cuisinartvette I love these threads.
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Almost every time an Ebay Z sells this happens.

No0b pops in thread around post 30.
ZR1 section rolls out the welcome wagon in advance knowing they will show up if they arent already lurking.
I love it

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2104919
Posted on: 2008/9/1 7:00

Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Mekanic Re: I love these threads.
Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

I love the Z guys. I try to hang out in there on CF even tho I'm not an owner, they all have the right attitude haha
Posted on: 2008/9/1 7:05

Yea tho I walk through the valley in the shadow of rice, I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me.

CentralCoaster Re: I love these threads.
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Amazing coincidence that the 10 smartest car guys in the world all found that one thread.

Must break their hearts that their "35K investment" that they treat like a garage queen is worth half of what they paid. The only way to get any value out of these cars is to pound on them like a cheap whore.

I'd love to see all those pretentious a**holes put their cars up on ebay and cry about the final bid.
Posted on: 2008/9/1 17:04

bogus Re: I love these threads.
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

ugh. they have the collective attitude of Ferrari owners. it's really quite tragic.
Posted on: 2008/9/1 18:20

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Rimcrew Re: I love these threads.
Guru Newb
40 Posts

I agree! Z peeps tend to be wound tighter that their LT5's at 7K!! There are a FEW exceptions, but very few...

...and, the noob made more sense than the "old guard". Notice how their attitudes changed when the new owner chimed in.

It's only a car. Don't have a heart attack over it!!

P.S. - none of this is directed at you Ron. You are one of the good ones!
Posted on: 2008/9/1 20:09

cuisinartvette Re: I love these threads.
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

its like a stray chihuauah thats wanders into a park where the bigger dogs go.
once inside every dog in there rips him to shreds and urinates on him.
Then they welcome him in to their community.

LMAO!
Posted on: 2008/9/1 21:40

Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.

biggrizzly Re: I love these threads.
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

What a bunch of butt-heads!
In the early 90s I worked in an engineering department while working for Westinghouse in South Carolina and I had this guy that was a Senior Engineer near retirement age. He had a lake house, drove some nice Cadillacs and owned a big house in Martinez, GA. He also owned a couple Vettes.

I on the other hand only dreamed of owning a Vette, and could only afford to rebuild Camaros and drool over every C4 I ever saw driving down the road, only wishing that I could own one some day.

Anyhow, Mister Butt-Head Engineer owned a late 80s C4 and had just bought a new '92 ZR-1. Of course he paid the $65K or whatever the premium price was at the time for the car. Anyway he was the biggest pig when it came to talking about his car. I never seen a man's nose so High up in the air. He really made me sick listening to him talk about that Z. Of course I drooled when I saw it one day when he drove it to work. I just wonder if he is happy with how it has gone up in value!!! LOL

It was only a matter of time until I bought my own C4 and forgot all about this turd.
Posted on: 2008/9/1 22:32

Matatk Re: I love these threads.
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Oh come on....it's not just Z guys. It's many different generation corvette owners. When you see an enthusiastic new guy who says "hey, I bought my first corvette for $xxxx...it's an 85 with high miles, it needs a little work, but it's a corvette and I want to learn" the first thing you hear isn't "congrats" it's "that was stupid, you paid too much and you should have spent $4,000 more and got a better one...blah blah blah". I give anyone credit who buys a vette and is willing to put in some elbow grease and a little time to get it right.

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/9/2 1:02

jhammons01 Re: I love these threads.
Senior Guru
1044 Posts

^^that is about right.

too many hate on your model for one reason or another. Having a Crossfire...I know what I am talking about.

of course that Crossfire was in Valencia yesterday Camarillo today and El Segundo/Marina Del rey Tomorrow......and all it needs is gas......very reliable power plant if you ask me. Solid car.
Posted on: 2008/9/5 6:46

red_johnny Re: I love these threads.
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

I put in my 2 cents. Like I said over there, ebay gives you a good idea of FAIR Market value, not what you THINK it should be worth but what it IS worth. What a normal person would be willing to pay for it.
Posted on: 2008/9/5 12:46

Jeffvette Re: I love these threads.
Elite Guru
Not on CF
1297 Posts

Well, sad fact is the guy got screwed. He will soon find that some of the smallest parts to replace or repair are going to nickel and dime him to death. This is the sad fact on any C4 since GM has been discontinuing parts by the batches.

The truth that still remains is, "Buy the best Corvette you can afford". If this is all he could afford, so be it. If he cheaped out, well he will learn.
Posted on: 2008/9/5 20:09

SpectatorRacing Re: I love these threads.
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Man, I get chewed out all the time on the C4 for sale forum "over there" when I tell someone his 1992 coupe isn't worth the $18K he's asking. I'm trying to be helpful but I guess all I'm doing is bursting someone's bubble; their POS 15 year old car isn't worth as much as a C5 Z06. Inevitably I mention that you can get a C5 for high 'teens or a C5Z for low 20's and everyone tells me how full of shit I am, and that must be the price for a crashed one.

Hmmm...I've been shopping for a C5Z for a year now, and they're out there in bunches. And crashed ones only go for $10K or $11K. But I have no idea what I'm talking about...surely the ASKING prices of people on the C5 forum are a more accurate indicator of market value.

Why doesn't anyone who sells a car close the thread with an actual selling price? Oh, right, because it was $5K less than the asking price.
Posted on: 2008/9/15 13:21

81c3 Re: I love these threads.
Senior Guru
Colorado
143 Posts

Quote:

SpectatorRacing wrote:

Why doesn't anyone who sells a car close the thread with an actual selling price? Oh, right, because it was $5K less than the asking price.

Not exactly.... I just sold my 02 Z06 for $28,700. back in May of this year. My asking price started at $29,900. with HRE 545's on it. I sold it with a set of chrome Z06 wheels on it. I sold the HRE 545's that were on it separately for $1800.

I am seeing some decent Z06 for low-mid 20's now though. I think I sold mine at just the right time.
Posted on: 2008/9/15 17:45

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.