Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
225 user(s) are online (184 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  TPI
Tuned Port Injection. A method of fuel injection, used on the early C4 Corvette L98 motor, (1985-1991). ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
« 1 (2)
 Topic is Locked

Aardwolf Re: Dayum....lol
Senior Guru
Fremont, WI
209 Posts

MikeC4 is here online now
Posted on: 2009/1/4 1:11
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

cuisinartvette Re: Dayum....lol
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Give it a shot CFI, I bet they would let you back on. Maybe some sarcasm got mistaken as an attack.
Posted on: 2009/1/4 1:39

bogus Re: Dayum....lol
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

The bigger question to ask: Does he WANT to be on that site?
Posted on: 2009/1/4 2:07

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

CentralCoaster Re: Dayum....lol
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

If that doesn't work, I have emails for the other admins buried somewhere in my inbox.
Posted on: 2009/1/4 2:14

C4DERF Re: Dayum....lol
Senior Guru
Home of the Masters; well Grovetown is close
332 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
Pretty much everything said here is true and accurate. I can't find any faults in the facts as stated.

One important thing - CF mods cannot ban you for something said over here. They may snoop (which I find is the sincerest form of flattery), but they can't bust. What they CAN do (and I am sure they do this) is mark you for a quick death. If they don't like something said here, they will use it to find fault (or sin, haven't figured out their approach) in whatever you say. Then add it all up and turn it into a banning.

The stickies are a sore subject with me, but the upside is that everyone who looks int here is confronted with the reality that the OP is gone... and asks why.

I wish I had destroyed the text... that would have fixed them.

So my C4 Tech and RPO FAQ are still there... as is my C4 Audio FAQ.

It does not make me happy...

Andy,

You should have Intellectual Rights to the information posted in the stickies! Get a lawyer to go after CF/IB for using your writtings without written permission. Make them pay for all the times it has recorded hits since your permaban took effect.
Posted on: 2009/1/4 15:27

[IMG]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s150/c4derf/CasualCorvettes-SonicAug07011.jpg[/IMG]

happydad Re: Dayum....lol
Senior Guru
northern Ill
151 Posts

I got Spanked a couple of times on CF..Was a Paying member but since I have not..Hang My Hat Here Also..It's nice to be with friends..Also it's nice to see CFI-EFI here..We all know he's as smooth as cactus..But his knowledge is welcome...(just don't ask about thermostats)
Posted on: 2009/1/4 16:14
86 Coupe,350 bored .040 over,Eagle Internals,Scorp RR.Crane Cam,Hedman Hedders,Holley Mani,TCI Trans,3:73 Rear, Demon Carb ,Hole in the hood Scooped and Lots of leaks(Horsepower) I forget :thumbleft:

Redeasysport Re: Dayum....lol
Guru Newb
24 Posts

Technically I got "Moderated" I was able to read and access my PM's but not to post or edit without moderator approval.I tried posting but nothing ever got approved so I pm'd the admin with my previous. I was on "Moderation" till 1/31. Like I said his responce to me was "Apparently you cannot appreciate my sarcasm." In his next PM he refered to what I suppose was CFI as someone with a less than stellar reputation since you got banned and not Mike.

Mike did not get banned.
Posted on: 2009/1/4 17:30

DaleD Re: Dayum....lol
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Quote:

Jeffvette wrote:
Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:
Which is the other reason he got yanked.

For those in the non-banned camp, the walls have ears, or is it eyes?

They have both. Pewter99 has a user name over here. Supermods can read your PM's. Nothing is safe.

Pewter99 is the guy that got me. Permaban. As you can tell from my posts, I'm really aggressive and opinionated!

I just don't think they care about or even want the C4 forum. It's just an annoyance, and C4 owners are just losers to them.

Bah.
Posted on: 2009/1/4 18:06

Midnight85 Re: Dayum....lol
Guru
Streator, IL.
264 Posts

Quote:

DaleD wrote:
Quote:

Jeffvette wrote:
Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:

They have both. Pewter99 has a user name over here. Supermods can read your PM's. Nothing is safe.

I just don't think they care about or even want the C4 forum. It's just an annoyance, and C4 owners are just losers to them.

Bah.

As our beloved Pappy would say,, "Fug 'em!"
Posted on: 2009/1/4 18:41

C4DERF Re: Dayum....lol
Senior Guru
Home of the Masters; well Grovetown is close
332 Posts

Quote:

happydad wrote:
I got Spanked a couple of times on CF..Was a Paying member but since I have not..Hang My Hat Here Also..It's nice to be with friends..Also it's nice to see CFI-EFI here..We all know he's as smooth as cactus..But his knowledge is welcome...(just don't ask about thermostats)

Hi CFI-EFI, I think I remeber that post on thermostats!!!

Welcome home ole friend...........
Posted on: 2009/1/4 19:05

[IMG]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s150/c4derf/CasualCorvettes-SonicAug07011.jpg[/IMG]

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

DaleD wrote:
Quote:

Jeffvette wrote:
Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:

Pewter99 is the guy that got me. Permaban. As you can tell from my posts, I'm really aggressive and opinionated!

Bah.

They permabanned you? Damn. I missed that one. Either that or I didn't believe you when you said it.
Posted on: 2009/1/4 19:28

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

C4DERF wrote:
Quote:

bogus wrote:
Pretty much everything said here is true and accurate. I can't find any faults in the facts as stated.

One important thing - CF mods cannot ban you for something said over here. They may snoop (which I find is the sincerest form of flattery), but they can't bust. What they CAN do (and I am sure they do this) is mark you for a quick death. If they don't like something said here, they will use it to find fault (or sin, haven't figured out their approach) in whatever you say. Then add it all up and turn it into a banning.

The stickies are a sore subject with me, but the upside is that everyone who looks int here is confronted with the reality that the OP is gone... and asks why.

I wish I had destroyed the text... that would have fixed them.

So my C4 Tech and RPO FAQ are still there... as is my C4 Audio FAQ.

It does not make me happy...

Andy,

You should have Intellectual Rights to the information posted in the stickies! Get a lawyer to go after CF/IB for using your writtings without written permission. Make them pay for all the times it has recorded hits since your permaban took effect.

I don't know if I can. The membership agreement there, IIRC, essentially states that they own it once I post it.

I should sit down and read it closer...
Posted on: 2009/1/4 19:29

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:
Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Corvette Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Corvette Forum, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Corvette Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Hm... I wonder if it's worth pursuing?

Then again, the stickies, for good or for bad are there as advertizing for the Guru. It really gets into a grey area.

Also note, the window that presents this information, interestingly enough, is dark grey with black text. I really don't think they want us to read it.
Posted on: 2009/1/4 19:34

DaleD Re: Dayum....lol
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
They permabanned you? Damn. I missed that one. Either that or I didn't believe you when you said it.

It's a fact.
There's a guy over there that's from my area, he continually bated me, and got my goat. I didn't go profane, but traded barbs. He reported me, and *poof*. Not sure if I deserved it, (I don't think so), but it was handled with no class and lots of sarcasm by Pewter99.
The guy that reported me came over here and registered trying to get me annoyed here. You guys spanked him pretty good!
Posted on: 2009/1/4 19:52

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

hm... I don't remember any of that... damn... where have I been???

Sounds like he has the makings of being a real friend... NOT.

I am shocked as to how one-sided they deal with things over there.
Posted on: 2009/1/4 21:09

CFI-EFI Re: Dayum....lol
Senior Guru
Top of Utah
372 Posts

I want to say thanks for all the kind words from all of you, both in this thread and in PMs. Although I wasn't spending much time over there, I will now spend it here. I don't know yet if I will ask them for reconsideration or not. It is more the insult, the injustice, than the suffering of any punishment. It isn't as if I have no where else to go, yet. I consider it, as some here have said, their loss. I'm sure they see it as just the opposite.

I have to wonder about all the permabans mentioned here and why I wasn't one, long ago. And in reviewing the CF rules as posted, here, I wonder if they are required reading for the moderators? I wonder too, if the admins ever think of enforcing them with their mods? Who can possibly guess what might be in their minds.

The best to all here. Happy New Year. Thanks, and...

RACE ON!!!
Posted on: 2009/1/5 0:26

Notorious Re: Dayum....lol
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Add me to the gang who's glad to have you here, CFI.
Screw that monkey house over there.
Posted on: 2009/1/5 0:36

CentralCoaster Re: Dayum....lol
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

CFI-EFI wrote:
I have to wonder about all the permabans mentioned here and why I wasn't one, long ago.

Probably just dumb luck. The enforcement is very inconsistent. Catch a mod on a bad day, and it can be your last day.
Posted on: 2009/1/5 2:56

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

it is also based on popularity.

Once scorp508 got on the wrong side of Sensei Earl, that was it. He didn't have to do much more than log in and he was fried.
Posted on: 2009/1/5 3:33

BrianCunningham Re: Dayum....lol
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Scorp508 is back in, he was posting last week.
Posted on: 2009/1/5 3:36

Jeffvette Re: Dayum....lol
Elite Guru
Not on CF
1297 Posts

Scorp was 5 years ago or maybe even longer.
Posted on: 2009/1/5 4:48

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

He came and went from time to time.

He would get banned by Earl and be back in a week/month whatever.

It became a game. Then Earl was fired and that was that. Scorp never had another issue.
Posted on: 2009/1/5 4:57

tpi421vett Re: Dayum....lol
Registered Vendor
Salt Lake City Utah
125 Posts

I really don't know what to think of CF anymore. They have become the most ban-happy forum there is. I think iron chef should be banned.
Posted on: 2009/1/5 22:18
450ci now with AFR 235...

BeachBum Re: Dayum....lol
Master Guru
751 Posts

Wow.... I had no idea people were getting banned left and right over there like this. Thats too bad ! Somehow, over the years I have avoided even a warning, let alone a ban. I've been in a few debates over the years, so kind of surprises me knowing this.

With moderation, if they feel the need to ban somebody for a smart-ass remark or something along those lines, then in my opinion it should be done for just a very short-term along the lines of 3-7 days or something to that effect.... which is more along the lines of an appropriate cool-down period, especially if they have been long time valuable contributors like guys like CFI & Scorp.....Anything more and they are just sending the message we don't want you here and don't come back.

But, I dunno....
Posted on: 2009/1/5 22:56

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

BeachBum wrote:
Wow.... I had no idea people were getting banned left and right over there like this. Thats too bad ! Somehow, over the years I have avoided even a warning, let alone a ban. I've been in a few debates over the years, so kind of surprises me knowing this.

With moderation, if they feel the need to ban somebody for a smart-ass remark or something along those lines, then in my opinion it should be done for just a very short-term along the lines of 3-7 days or something to that effect.... which is more along the lines of an appropriate cool-down period, especially if they have been long time valuable contributors like guys like CFI & Scorp.....Anything more and they are just sending the message we don't want you here and don't come back.

But, I dunno....

The problem? Moderation over there isn't administered with moderation.

Smart ass replies? One liners? Jeez... they don't even need to address that. But they do... with an iron fist.

I will never ban or suspend someone for being snarky. That would be hypocritical, really.

I think it's time to lock this thread... it's just dragging on and I don't want to rep of being a bash site. A lot of people have felt abandoned and burned by CF, so I let these naturally run their course. The course has been run... we are at Lake Itasca.

Until the next therapy session...

(sorry Blade...)
Posted on: 2009/1/6 3:42

« 1 (2)
 Topic is Locked
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.