Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
266 user(s) are online (232 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C4
Abbreviation for the 4th generation of Corvettes built from 1984-1996....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 01.13.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well, we were supposed to get more snow overnight, but I guess it was just a little. I did snowblow about 2 inches from the drive before I went to bed, but I'm not sure how much more came down after that. Supposedly the roads are decent so hopefully I won't have too much trouble.

I don't have much to talk about today. I can complain about the regular stuff, but it gets old after a while.

Anyone have any new websites that are completely useless and only intended to kill time and make you dumber in the process???

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/1/13 12:02

crash Re: Tuesday Chat 01.13.09
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

good morning. it got cold last night. the brass monkey was banging on the front door this morning. nothing new down here.
Posted on: 2009/1/13 12:08

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 01.13.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I had to remove my pool pump and take it to the shop for repair. Today I'll play with the boat radios. My wife wanted me to go out and help her by framing out and pouring a small slab. I deferred that till a later date.
It never ceases to amaze me how she always has these little odd jobs she wants me to do. They almost always have nothing to do with what I have planned. She sometimes asks "What are your plans for today?". My usual answer is "I have a full day. There is never a shortage of things that need to be done." She hates when I'm non-specific.
Posted on: 2009/1/13 12:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 01.13.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

crash wrote:
the brass monkey was banging on the front door this morning.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/1/13 12:19

Epimax Re: Tuesday Chat 01.13.09
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Raining here! Looks like another busy day at work...stuck in the lab....with no windows...

(Somehow, I still manage time to get to the GuRu though, so all is well!)
Posted on: 2009/1/13 13:03

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 01.13.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Just another day in paradise here - a balmy -13, with black ice on the highways. Got some snow last night, more on the way. It's not just fun, it's sofa king fun.

I saw what appeared to be a mint-condition '68 Buick Electra 225 going down the highway, slush and ice hanging from its flanks. It was sad to see a nice old car being subjected to this crap - some kid probably inherited it from grandpa.
Posted on: 2009/1/13 13:21

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

red_johnny Re: Tuesday Chat 01.13.09
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Nother rough day today. Got all kinds of issues I got to deal with. Anyone see its gonna hit -30 in ND? Thats too freakin cold!!
Posted on: 2009/1/13 14:13

biggrizzly Re: Tuesday Chat 01.13.09
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning Gurus... It is a good morning indeed!

The Vette passed emissions this morning!!!!

I have been waiting for this day since my mods and I was pretty nervous. Especially since everyone in the emissions station was staring at my car because it was so loud at 0830 in the morning. It was the only one in there this morning when I got there and the guy doing the testing didn't seem to know what test to do, or how to do it. He did understand the gas cap test though!!

He also had several aborted attempts before he got a "Quick Pass", I'm not sure what that meant, but I was happy to get out of there.

I think he was having problems because, I think he left the emergency brake on. I'm not positive, but it seemed like each time he couldn't get it up to speed or something. Each time the computer read 25-35 MPH on the graph the test would abort. Oh, also... no visual test either.

I hope all of your snow and bad weather stays west of us and doesn't prove to be too much of problem for all of you.

Have a good day.
Posted on: 2009/1/13 14:25

CSS996 Re: Tuesday Chat 01.13.09
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good morning Gurus!

I pretty much gave myself the day off yesterday. I don't assume I'll get much done today. January is pretty slow in the advertising production business. I'll enjoy a little slow time while I'm still getting severance pay.

But I still have to re-create my demo reel with my own logo, build my website and put together my printed info materials.

Might have a line on some cool 18" Enkei wheels for the Acura on Craigslist for $200. No tires though...

Enjoy the day, y'all!
Posted on: 2009/1/13 14:48

1Fast04Vert Re: Tuesday Chat 01.13.09
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Today starts another work week, but too chilly to do much else anyway, so might as well get paid for being bored. I looked at the long term weather and saw no rain in the forecast so I gave the Vette and nice wash yesterday. Now the forecast changed to possible rain this afternoon, so guess I will be driving the Mustang today.
Posted on: 2009/1/13 15:24

red_johnny Re: Tuesday Chat 01.13.09
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Really, with all the crap I need to do I have not accomplished much this morning. Partly cause I know that if I wait a few more days someone else will do it and they need to learn how to do it. I will be knocking some stuff out this evening but its basically training someone else to do 1 of my jobs. That alone will keep them busy for a bit and free up some much needed time for me. One thing I hate is training someone else on how to do what I do because it takes so long to train them. I figure, by the time I am done training them I could have had it done and already knocked something else out.
Posted on: 2009/1/13 16:02

bastet44 Re: Tuesday Chat 01.13.09
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Good morning, Gurus! we've got another hot day here today. Fortunately, we've have had any fires break out despite the Red Flag conditions.

The recycle truck came by a few mins ago and shook the whole building.

Word of the Day for Tuesday, January 13, 2009

iconoclast \ahy-KON-uh-klast\, noun:

a person who attacks cherished beliefs or institutions as foolish or wrong
Posted on: 2009/1/13 18:49

Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Oh, and Matatk, here's a ridiculous website:
http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/bunnies/index.html
Posted on: 2009/1/13 18:50

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 01.13.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

If I ever spent any time with Brian Cunninghams avatar gal; I'm sure iconoclast more than a few minutes. I don't care how many times I've seen her. She is always worth another look.
Posted on: 2009/1/13 19:01

Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Reminder that we have Trivia on Thursday.
Posted on: 2009/1/13 19:04

djxib Re: Tuesday Chat 01.13.09
Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

On the topic of emissions, mine passed again last week. Given the level of mods and the amount of crap that I put out the rear end at WOT, I'm amazed at how clean it runs during the emissions test (I'm talking less than 10% of allowable levels!!). Luckily the new emissions station I use knows Corvettes, so I didnt have to teach them that:

1. ASR needs to be off (I had one station try and run the test off the rolling road, just revving in neutral. He said "you cant turn traction control off on corvettes". Tsk)
2. The e-brake is different than other cars, but still needs to be off ("excuse me, but the ebrake is still on, and you just drove my car around the building, onto the rolling road, and halfway into the test". tsk)
3. The car will get stuck on a standard ramp (Excuse me, why are all your staff trying to push my car back off that ramp?)
4. I do not have an air leak (that's the supercharger whine, idiot)

I usually dread the emissions experience, but the new station I use made it a very pleasant experience. Thanks, SpeedEmissions of South Cobb Drive, Ga !!
Posted on: 2009/1/13 19:07

djxib Re: Tuesday Chat 01.13.09
Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
If I ever spent any time with Brian Cunninghams avatar gal;

...you will have to join at the back of the line.. !! :-)

Posted on: 2009/1/13 19:11

BrianCunningham Re: Tuesday Chat 01.13.09
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

We used to have rolling dyno's here, but I never had to get on the rollers since the car is so close to the ground

They're getting rid of them now, if you OBDII they just hook up to the port, if not, your free to go. Needless to say I'm happy The garage owner who had to buy a rolling dyno aren't though

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
If I ever spent any time with Brian Cunninghams avatar gal; I'm sure iconoclast more than a few minutes. I don't care how many times I've seen her. She is always worth another look.

Here's another looky
Posted on: 2009/1/13 20:01

CentralCoaster Re: Tuesday Chat 01.13.09
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:
We used to have rolling dyno's here, but I never had to get on the rollers since the car is so close to the ground

They're getting rid of them now, if you OBDII they just hook up to the port, if not, your free to go. Needless to say I'm happy The garage owner who had to buy a rolling dyno aren't though

Makes you wonder when CARB will start enforcing ground clearance too.

My lowering bolts don't have an EO number.

I would think since they're taking advantage of the new abilities of the ECMs, they would have a hard time justifying all these roller dynos and
infrastructure for older cars, and make it easier for us at some point.

Although I wouldn't mind if only the computer was read. You could buy a module that simulated an engine running within factory specs!
Posted on: 2009/1/13 20:47

BrianCunningham Re: Tuesday Chat 01.13.09
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

a CF vendor use to sell O2 simulators, not only did the EPA make him stop selling them, but they made him buy all the old ones back!

I'm sure someone will post on the internet how to make your own.
Posted on: 2009/1/13 21:39

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.