Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
166 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 04.28.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

How is everyone's day so far? I slept in a little bit today but I'm still tired. I was up late reading various posts and articles on cam selections and yadda yadda....and I still don't know what I want. Ugh.

I know it's my day to work on the car, but after working around the house all day yesterday I'm pooped. I just wanna relax a little. I think I'll get some grub in me and then decide how to tackle the day. I was all amped up to work on the car yesterday, but now I think I wanna lay on the couch...lol.

We'll see how the weather cooperates today (rainy) and that might help my decision on what I do today.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/4/28 12:44

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 04.28.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! First night of golf league tonight. I can't seem to get very excited about playing anymore - it's definitely a game where you get back exactly what you put into it, and I haven't been putting forth much of an effort the past few years.

Haven't decided where to have the Vette repaired yet, hope to get it into a shop in the next couple of days. The Maxima doesn't put much of a spring in my step.
Posted on: 2009/4/28 12:54

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Sweet90 Re: Tuesday Chat 04.28.09
Elite Guru
Edmonton, Alberta
1143 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
The Maxima doesn't put much of a spring in my step.

Here you go Brad. My bad
http://forums.maxima.org/
You might think about changing your avatar though.

Jim
Posted on: 2009/4/28 13:22

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 04.28.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12377 Posts

I know exactly what you mean about the golf game. My golfing buddy moved about 5 years ago and now I don't really have anyone saying "Hey let go out to the course." So i haven't put much in either.

I have been working to get all the ducks in a row for my trip this Friday. I think the wife is more excited than I am on this trade. She has already said that we should drive it to see her folks on Sunday (about a 3 hour drive each way). :-)
Posted on: 2009/4/28 13:35

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

CSS996 Re: Tuesday Chat 04.28.09
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

Another busy day for me. I got four out of fourteen spots edited yesterday. I hope to get another three or four knocked out today.

All of the funds are in place to purchase that damn Saab. But I want to wait for a couple other checks to show up just so we don't clean ourselves out. I'm glad we will not need to borrow money for this.

I'm getting two-wheel fever (motorcyclitis). I may have to take a detour before updating the Vette.... Besides, I still really do love my Ruby. So no rush, I suppose.

Enjoy your day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2009/4/28 13:35

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 04.28.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Sweet90 wrote:
Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

Here you go Brad. My bad

Jim

I have actually used that site - I found out how to pull the radio so I could rig it to hook up my iPod ;-)
Posted on: 2009/4/28 13:43

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Elite Guru
Edmonton, Alberta
1143 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Quote:

Sweet90 wrote:
Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

Here you go Brad. My bad

Jim

I have actually used that site - I found out how to pull the radio so I could rig it to hook up my iPod ;-)

Damn you :laughing2:
Posted on: 2009/4/28 13:48

captmike13 Re: Tuesday Chat 04.28.09
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2166 Posts

Woke up early got the wife off to work. Today I have a medical questionnaire to fill out and a drug test to do. It is chilly and rainy here in the PNW. Temps only getting to the mid 50's.

I mowed my lawn yesterday as it is going to rain here for the next few days or so.

Mike.
Posted on: 2009/4/28 13:50

captmike13@yahoo.com

bogus Re: Tuesday Chat 04.28.09
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
Good Morning Gurus!

Another busy day for me. I got four out of fourteen spots edited yesterday. I hope to get another three or four knocked out today.

All of the funds are in place to purchase that damn Saab. But I want to wait for a couple other checks to show up just so we don't clean ourselves out. I'm glad we will not need to borrow money for this.

I'm getting two-wheel fever (motorcyclitis). I may have to take a detour before updating the Vette.... Besides, I still really do love my Ruby. So no rush, I suppose.

Enjoy your day, Gurus!

why in the hell are you buying that SAAB? You don't need it, you really can't afford it. All to appease a mother you don't get along with?

If you want to sell it for her, get a power of attorney to do just that. Sell it and be done.

I am heading to Florida on Thursday to see family... Paul is STILL in hospital... I hope they get his system flowing today.
Posted on: 2009/4/28 14:24

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

BrianCunningham Re: Tuesday Chat 04.28.09
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Parked in work's garage today.

Suppose to hit 90 again!

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Greetings! First night of golf league tonight. I can't seem to get very excited about playing anymore - it's definitely a game where you get back exactly what you put into it, and I haven't been putting forth much of an effort the past few years.

Have fun whacking your balls
Posted on: 2009/4/28 14:34

CentralCoaster Re: Tuesday Chat 04.28.09
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
Good Morning Gurus!

Enjoy your day, Gurus!

You should finance a Ducati 1098 or maybe a Goldwing while you're at it.

If you have credit card debts or debts on depreciating "assets", and you are spending cash on a car vs. paying them, then you basically are borrowing money.
Posted on: 2009/4/28 14:50

bastet44 Re: Tuesday Chat 04.28.09
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

It's rare that a word comes up that I have never seen before. This is one of them.
--T

Word of the Day for Tuesday, April 28, 2009

eleemosynary
\el-uh-MOS-uh-ner-ee\, adjective:

1. Of or for charity; charitable; as, "an eleemosynary institution."
2. Given in charity; having the nature of alms; as, "eleemosynary assistance."
3. Supported by or dependent on charity; as, "the eleemosynary poor."
Posted on: 2009/4/28 15:55

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 04.28.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33777 Posts

What do you call a missionary who travels by elephant?

Eleemosynary.

What is jeffvettes favorite position.

Eleemosynary.

What grade school level did pappy graduate?

Eleemosynary.
Posted on: 2009/4/28 16:47

Elite Guru
Edmonton, Alberta
1143 Posts

Eleemosynary Dr. Tommy
Posted on: 2009/4/28 16:53

red_johnny Re: Tuesday Chat 04.28.09
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

Well had to shave off the goatee today. I ran into work to get some letters of recommandation so I can become a warrant officer. We will see what happens. It would be a nice career change for me.
Posted on: 2009/4/28 19:42

CSS996 Re: Tuesday Chat 04.28.09
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

I understand a couple of you guys don't think the Saab is a good idea. Certainly I don't think it will be as reliable as a Toyota, (except maybe a Tundra...) but as I mentioned before, they have come a long way in quality since even 2004 (based on Consumer Reports).
Maybe you don't see them as a reliable source, but they have absolutely nailed the good and bad points of a few cars I've owned that I saw reviewed.

We'll have a warranty for a couple years. (assuming Saab doesn't drop off the face of the planet) And the car only has 3,000 miles on it. I would certainly hope we could get 20-30k out of it before it started going downhill.

As far as paying off debts instead, our only debts are the house and my education. Neither of which are worth me throwing $9,000 at. I have no credit cards. I think my wife has $500 on one, but I'm gonna pay that off too.

My daughter could surely use a better car to get to school in, especially considering the weather on the mountain pass between college and home. So for $9,000 we can go buy her another POS that we don't know the history of, or get the Saab for my wife, and give my daughter the wife's '07 Suzuki SX4 AWD.

I know ya'll are against it. I'm not overly excited, but I HATE my wife's SX4, and that is the family car. So at least I won't have to drive it anymore once it is replaced by the Saab.

You guys can trash me out all you want. I may deserve it. And I do appreciate your input. I asked for it earlier, as a matter of fact. But at this point, I think this is a done deal.

Don't forget, the terms have changed. I was considering selling the Vette to purchase the Saab in order to help out. I'm glad you guys talked me off that ledge, but now selling the Vette to obtain the Saab is not necessary.

I'm not borrowing any money, and surely I could get 9k for the car if we don't like it. My wife wants to drive it for a year, and trade it on a Tacoma or Frontier if she doesn't like it.

Whatever.

I hereby absolve you guys of any blame if the car turns out to be a pile of shit.
Posted on: 2009/4/28 19:51

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 04.28.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Hey Chris, do what works for you. If you don't like the saab, trade it in down the road and get something else. Who gives AF?

Well, I've had a sh***y day. I've felt like crap since I woke up. I ate some breakfast and then felt worse than before I ate. Worked on the car a bit, but had a couple irritating setbacks. Nothing major, just PIAs.

Wifey is on the way home and I decided I want pizza, so I ordered some and she's picking it up. I'm already tipping back a couple cold ones. Just need to relax a bit.

Tonight will be a nyquil evening so I can get some sleep, gotta work in the morning.

How was everyone else's day?

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/4/28 23:02

400hp427vette Re: Tuesday Chat 04.28.09
Senior Guru
Long Island, NY
373 Posts

My day was ok at work, Steady but not busy. Afer work I had to call just about ten chevrolet dealers before one would agree to sell the camaro at sticker price. Going down to order me one tomorrow.
Posted on: 2009/4/29 2:05

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.