Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
213 user(s) are online (186 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Bowling Green
Bowling Green, KY, is the location of the Corvette assembly plant since 1981. From 1954-1981, Corvettes were assembled in St Louis, MO.

The Natio...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 05.13.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well the weather took quite a turn today. It's rainy and storming outside, a far cry from the 70* and sunny it was yesterday. Oh well. You take the good with the bad, I guess. But more rain = more grass growing = more grass cutting = me not happy....lol. Probably one of the household chores I like the least. Can't wait til the kids grow up and I don't have to do it anymore

So how is everyone's week going so far? My last day of week before I took a few vacation days. Mom & Dad are coming into town this weekend for the baby's bday and it should be a good party. I've got off Thurs-Mon. Awesome. I know you're all jealous, but I'm used to it

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/5/13 11:30

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 05.13.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Is it only Wednesday? :-P

Golf was delightful last night - wind gusts over 50mph, and it rained on the last hole just for good measure.

5 days off sure sounds good, Matt!
Posted on: 2009/5/13 12:15

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Epimax Re: Wednesday Chat 05.13.09
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Good Morning!

It's a nice morning here. Lows last night in the 50's, so it was a cool commute to work this morning around 5:30 with the targa off!
Highs today in the 70's. My kinda weather!
I've got Friday off, so today is technically my 'friday eve'!

Y'all have a good day!
Posted on: 2009/5/13 12:35

biggrizzly Re: Wednesday Chat 05.13.09
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Roughly the same 50 temps here too this morning, but I left the top on... What can I say!

Three weeks left until my Car Show. I'm trying to get Rod Saboury to bring out his "fastest street car" to the show. If you guys haven't seen his car, you can see it at http://www.rodsaboury.com/custom-cars
its a very cool '63 Corvette

I have been getting lots of looks with the new stripes on the car. I'm not sure what people are thinking, but the car definitely stands out now. They probably wonder what a middle aged fart like me is driving a car like that for!!!

Anyhow, I hope all is well in Guru Land today.
Posted on: 2009/5/13 12:54

captmike13 Re: Wednesday Chat 05.13.09
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Well I got my dry walling done. Now I have a couple of windows to repair and a sliding glass door that needs new glass. We put up a piece of wall last night on the carport and now I have to put siding on. Replaced a screen door in the laundry room going outside to the carport.

Weather today in the PNW is mostly sunny temps in the high 50's low 60's with rain moving in after 5pm or so.

Hope everyone has a good day. Hey Mat that no lawn mowing only lasts a few yrs but it is a nice break. When they move out you have to do it again.
Posted on: 2009/5/13 12:59

captmike13@yahoo.com

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 05.13.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Well, things weren't a disaster while I was gone yesterday. Two more days with my seniors. Trying to get all the paper work done on them so I can sign them out tomorrow. Supposed to be 78 here today.....but just like normal the wind is to be 20-40mph.
Posted on: 2009/5/13 13:38

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

itlgo2 Re: Wednesday Chat 05.13.09
Guru Newb
Missouri
288 Posts

The annual, C4 / ZR1 Gathering in Bowling Green, Ky
is thursday through saturday.
A friend drove down in his ZR1 last night and had a bite to eat at our Restaurant, He and I, are doin a caravan down
today, leaving around NOON.

This event is the mecca for Corvette C4 people, Anyone
being owned by one such vehicle, should really try and attend. Drag Racing, Dyno, The Museum, The Corvette Plant.
Road Tours, Bar b Ques, Seminar's. from names you know.

It's a hoot. I know it's probably too late to make plans this year, but seriously, NExT year, put it on your calender, and try and attend. You will be happy you did.

Have a great weekend, and say a prayer for us, that we get some kind of decent weather.

happy motoring,

Keith
Posted on: 2009/5/13 13:54

Meatgrinder Re: Wednesday Chat 05.13.09
Guru
Springfield, Missouri
55 Posts

Quote:

itlgo2 wrote:

Keith

Cool!!! Sounds like fun! Do they do gatherings for each corvette generation?
Posted on: 2009/5/13 15:42

BrianCunningham Re: Wednesday Chat 05.13.09
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Quote:

itlgo2 wrote:
A friend drove down in his ZR1 last night and had a bite to eat at our Restaurant, He and I, are doin a caravan down
today, leaving around NOON.

Keith

would loved to be able to join
Posted on: 2009/5/13 15:59

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I just figured out what came down the assembly line after the heater core - there's a little bolt that holds the power steering line to the accessory bracket. What a PITA, had to get the whole accessory bracket loose to get at it. Got the bracket out and the harmonic balancer, too (had to jack up the engine to free it). Maybe I'll pull the starter after dinner. Or maybe I'll just have a frosty beverage.
Posted on: 2009/5/13 23:33

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

CSS996 Re: Wednesday Chat 05.13.09
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Evening Gurus!

Been a busy day...

Got the Saab running today. The little 2.0 turbo moves right out. Had it up to 120 with so little drama that my mom didn't make a fuss. Maybe she had her eyes closed... I'm secretly falling for this car. Tell NOBODY!

I was going to try and leave NoDak today , but my mom's house has been rather neglected, with nobody around to help. So I spent the day cleaning her garage, and moving several thousand outfits and wheeled clothing racks out there.

She had a bit of a shoping problem....

Anyway, her house is easier to walk around in, her garage is organized, and I'll finish changing lightbulbs this evening. It surely must suck to live alone and not have any friends to help you take care of little things you cannot do for yourself. I should probably make it a point to get out here every 3-6 months to keep after things.

We've been getting along pretty well, so that is an interesting change.
Posted on: 2009/5/13 23:45

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Good to hear, Chris!
Posted on: 2009/5/14 0:03

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Thanks, Brad. Continued success on the teardown. Speaking of heater cores... Would it be easier to change yours out with the engine out?

Ah, strike that. Still have to pull the interior apart, I guess...
Posted on: 2009/5/14 0:14

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

I just now read about vetteblondie's recent news. So sorry for your loss. How horrible.

As was stated, we're here if you need us. We are your interweb shoulder!
Hankie too.

Take care, blondie!
Posted on: 2009/5/14 0:30

Matatk Re: Wednesday Chat 05.13.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:

I have been getting lots of looks with the new stripes on the car. I'm not sure what people are thinking, but the car definitely stands out now. They probably wonder what a middle aged fart like me is driving a car like that for!!!

I can tell you what they're thinking

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:

Three weeks left until my Car Show. I'm trying to get Rod Saboury to bring out his "fastest street car" to the show. If you guys haven't seen his car, you can see it at http://www.rodsaboury.com/custom-cars
its a very cool '63 Corvette

Resized Image

Resized Image

Wow!

Chris - glad to hear things are going well at your mom's place. And if you like that saab that much, I'm sure we can epoxy a horn to the hood to make you feel more comfortable driving it

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/5/14 1:14

vetteblondie Re: Wednesday Chat 05.13.09
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
I just now read about vetteblondie's recent news. So sorry for your loss. How horrible.

As was stated, we're here if you need us. We are your interweb shoulder!
Hankie too.

Take care, blondie!

Thank you very much everyone. This was mamma's 2nd hospital stay and after a week and a half I was told on Easter that it was the end. Her brother was on his way up to see her on a Tuesday so I could finish up a side job then stay 100% with her, then he collapsed at the hospital full cardiac arrest. With all their efforts they were unable to revive him in time to avoid severe brain damage. He died that next day on a Wednesday. Mamma died the following day. My cousin that was in the hospital with her but had already gone home, died one week later in her sleep. I am an only child and have a difficult task of clearing out her house and disassembling her life of 76 years. And with Mother's Day and then her birthday yesterday - it's been very hard. I'm sorry I've not been in here much but I more or less shut out everyone for a while, nevermind spending all my free time at the hospital. i was also at her house trying to get things redone and ready for her when she came home. Unfortunately all she got to see of it was photos. By losing her, I've lost my family. She was all I had left. I have some cousins and an aunt and uncle, but no one I'm really close to. Makes for lonely evenings
Posted on: 2009/5/14 1:16

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Wednesday Chat 05.13.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

I am truly sorry to hear the full story. How horrible. You must be crushed right now. But remember you will always have a corvette family here and we are willing to help with anything you need! I wish I was closer and I'd come help you personally. Don't hesitate to ask for help, I'm sure someone on here can lend a hand.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/5/14 1:30

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
I am truly sorry to hear the full story. How horrible. You must be crushed right now. But remember you will always have a corvette family here and we are willing to help with anything you need! I wish I was closer and I'd come help you personally. Don't hesitate to ask for help, I'm sure someone on here can lend a hand.

Matthew

+1 Amen!

Wow, I'm so sorry for your loss - that must have been devastating!
Posted on: 2009/5/14 1:57

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Quote:

Matatk wrote:

Matthew

+1 Amen!

Wow, I'm so sorry for your loss - that must have been devastating!

Thank you very much. It feels like more than I can bear at times. Clearing out the house is very hard, hoping to be done this weekend. Am resting tonight, to try and straighten up my own house. Working on getting the house in my name, looks to be an easy process there, getting ready to sell it. Paying for the headstone and approving the design today was not easy either, that should be ready to set in a week or two. Black granite and has to be laser cut or something with the design. Wierd seeing my name on there (I got us a double).
I have a man I see that has helped me a lot, but he works 2nd shift so not much time there for him to help me. We are planning to try and get it all finished this weekend, then all there will be left is selling the house and other paperwork related thereto. Been a real PITA
Posted on: 2009/5/14 22:27

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Glad to hear you've had some help through this - I know how tough it is, and cleaning out the house is so full of reminders. I hope the rest of it goes as smoothly as possible.
Posted on: 2009/5/15 0:05

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 05.13.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

My heart goes out to you vetteblondie. I just got back from helping my Mom a little. She just moved in to an assisted care facility. Her place has been getting thinned out. She has been distributing her belongings amongst the family. She has been helping us with her future transitions. Just keep one foot in front of the other. Keep moving forward. Time heals all wounds. Your memories of her will always be with you and hopefully will give you comfort.
Posted on: 2009/5/15 0:19

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

I've had a little help but most of the time I'm at it alone. The worst part, she knew she was dying and cried about it each evening and there was nothing I could do but slowly watch her go. She was 100% in her right mind the entire time, just with a failing heart, so there were a lot of emotions there for her as well. How do you comfort someone in that situation?
I don't mean to be sad and gruesome, but the hospice books helped a lot but came too late really. But if any of you are interested, this is some good reading for those of you who will one day face this.
http://www.shepherdcarehospice.com/in ... task=view&id=33&Itemid=87

She cried on Easter and asked me to not leave her, just be with her and I held her hand till after she took her last breath.
Posted on: 2009/5/15 2:16

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

As hard as that was, you will always be grateful that you had the chance to do that for her - many are not so lucky.
Posted on: 2009/5/15 3:13

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

you are very much correct. You've no idea the tornado of emotions that are rampaging through my heart through this.
For any of you who have dealt with this, or are about to, my heart truly goes out to you.
Thank you all for your well wishes
Hugs
Posted on: 2009/5/15 5:02

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.