Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
294 user(s) are online (262 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Cigarette Lighter
Does it work?

If not, the fuse is hidden… behind the Driver Information Center (DIC) on the 1984-1989, and under the right knee bolster on the ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Saturday Chat 03.20.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Welcome to the weekend everyone. Of course here it decided to drop 30 degrees and snow so everyone could enjoy it! No kidding. In the 60's yesterday, and an inch of accumulation tonight. Gotta love Chicago.

Had a good workout last night. Changed things up and did a bunch of good core exercises I haven't done in a while. Looking forward to a hard workout tonight I have to step it up a little and try to make my goal from my New Year's Resolution. We'll see.

I've decided that I will make no more excuses over my weekend (Monday) as far as working on the car. I'm gonna start porting that manifold if it kills me (or if my wife kills me!) It's getting to be too long already, and I want to drive my car. Wish me luck.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/3/20 11:34

TommyT-Bone Re: Saturday Chat 03.20.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Before I retired people asked me; "What are you gonna do with all your time?" I told them "I have something to do every day for the rest of my life." I've been retired for 15 months now and have so much lined up projectwise that this statement has been a self fulfilling prophesy. There has not been a single day when I don't have something to do. Boredom is not in my vocabulary. Might as well get up and get busy. Happy Saturday!
Posted on: 2010/3/20 12:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Curtis1974 Re: Saturday Chat 03.20.10
Elite Guru
Bolingbrook, IL
1070 Posts

Missouri.........Hmmmm........70's yesterday and snowing today.......WTF???????
Posted on: 2010/3/20 14:01

Vetron87 Re: Saturday Chat 03.20.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Before I retired people asked me; "What are you gonna do with all your time?" I told them "I have something to do every day for the rest of my life." I've been retired for 15 months now and have so much lined up projectwise that this statement has been a self fulfilling prophesy. There has not been a single day when I don't have something to do. Boredom is not in my vocabulary. Might as well get up and get busy. Happy Saturday!

I have 43 more days til retirement. I have sooooo many projects plus my wifes and daughters honey do and daddy do list. Should be interesting. A few of my teacher buds ask me the same thing "what are you going to do now" Flip a few houses finish up my zz4 project on my s10 and have some time to blog!,I'm busier now then I was in my 30's.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 14:53

pianoguy Re: Saturday Chat 03.20.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Looks like the nasty stuff is going to miss us - cool but sunny here. I guess we could use some rain, but there isn't any in the 10-day forecast. The snow melted so fast that it didn't get absorbed into the ground, and there have already been some grass fires. Wacky!

I have accomplished exactly nothing on the Vette since I brought it home from storage. Gotta get cracking on my tile project before the car gets any attention.

Have a good weekend, everybody!
Posted on: 2010/3/20 15:00

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

BillH Re: Saturday Chat 03.20.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Flip a few houses

I was going to start that about 2 1/2 years ago and backed off.
I talked to a guy I know who started 2 years ago, he's $300k in the hole and probably will get foreclosed soon.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 15:01

tjpreul Re: Saturday Chat 03.20.10
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
1103 Posts

Quote:

Curtis1974 wrote:
Missouri.........Hmmmm........70's yesterday and snowing today.......WTF???????

And it is going to change to ice this afternoon! Welcome to Missouri Epimax.

Attach file:

jpg  spring.jpg (140.26 KB)
1727_4ba4e6c53e8a3.jpg 432X576 px
Posted on: 2010/3/20 15:16

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

I picked up a house January in South Bend for 87K was originally listed for 162K. Nice house built in 1937. Anyway, good investment now, market will turn around. I did this in the mid 80's when real estate took a dump. South Bend is a slow market area but not dead. This house will appeal to Notre Dame or St.Mary Professors close to campus. I try to do 1 house a year. 2009 project sold in January. Now with retirement I should be able to flip it faster. Tough economy, this was a bank owned house, balance due and back taxes. My wife thinks I'm nuts!! Intimating!! my response was "intimating" remember I teach wood shop in an inner city school setting, served 2 tours in Vietnam and have had those incredible stomach cramps and did not have any touser chilli or hersey squirts until I got home from Home Depot
Posted on: 2010/3/20 15:22

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
2009 project sold in January.

I wish it was that way here, of course, we're the worst in the nation. The only thing that's selling here are the bank-owned places and they're going to buyers who will live in them. Some of realtors here think the recovery here is going to take 5 years.

I was going to put my house on the market, but why bother.
At least I have a good bit of equity.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 15:31

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Bill, I had concerns when I talked to realtors in the area. Most were negative!! I didn't need to use realtors in the last 7 homes. Like I said, Notre Dame and educators in general seem to be recession proof!! This could bite me in the ass! I don't us banks or any loans, self supporting from previous sale. Equity and sweat equity is a great motivator.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 15:50

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Yea, I understand. I've done the sweat equity on this house. http://www.corvette-guru.com/modules/ ... t_id=87851#forumpost87851
I wouldn't use a realtor either. Right out of college, I was working as an engineer and saw a night school at a college for real estate, took it, got my license, never used it but it was the best $250 I ever spent.
I have enough equity to do it but won't put my principal residence to do so. Nothing's selling in my neighborhood except the big buck stuff ($1 mil & up). Houses close to me have had signs on the lawn for 3 years.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 16:10

teebee Re: Saturday Chat 03.20.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Morning guys....Windy and cold, but the sun is shining. I'm a few days more away from retirement than Ron, but am looking forward to it. I think that, like Tommy, I'll be very busy. I fixed two computers yesterday and have cabinet work backed up for a while. I'd consider flipping a house as we are very short on decent houses to live in here in town. We don't have the bank owned/foreclosed houses like the bigger communities though, so getting in on those deals isn't the same here.

My advanced drafting class designed a house for some people here this winter, and now the owner of the property where that house was built is wanting to go ahead and build a couple of spec houses across the street. He wants me to do the basic design work. And maybe get in on the general contracting. The owner is a good friend and a multi-millionaire. He will foot the bill for the materials and most of the labor, and maybe I can get into this deal with a minimum amount of capitol. I don't know, we'll see how this plays out. Apparently it looks like $150-200K houses will sell here.

Supposed to warm up some tomorrow and Monday (just in time for school to start back up).
Posted on: 2010/3/20 16:40

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

1Fast04Vert Re: Saturday Chat 03.20.10
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

We have a beautiful day here. If the clothes dry in time I am going to take it fer a drive.
[IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f386/andyminnich/aredneckvette.jpg[/IMG]
Posted on: 2010/3/20 18:03

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Just returned from Home Depot, exciting bought fertilizer. Now watching Sebring, blogging, drinking a mountian dew. Thinking about going to Best Buys to buy a new Hi pixel camera so I can finally post some pics. Daughter has my old one.
Posted on: 2010/3/20 18:33

vetteblondie Re: Saturday Chat 03.20.10
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

I'm just resting today. Went to sit outside and enjoy the nice beautiful sunshine and was constantly pestered by wasps. Used 3 cans of wasp and hornet spray, killed couple a dozen in one nest, there' still some there, but I gave up and came inside. Did some girlie housework duties and settling in with coke and tv....
Hope you all had a good Saturday
Posted on: 2010/3/21 0:10

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

BrianCunningham Re: Saturday Chat 03.20.10
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Great day out today
Decided to check out the nav system on the Droid
Works great!
Posted on: 2010/3/21 0:20

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.