Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
293 user(s) are online (266 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4+3
This is the manual transmission from 1984-1988.

It’s a Borg-Warner Super T-10 with a planetary overdrive attached to the tail shaft housing.
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Sunday Chat 03.21.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Hopefully everyone had a safe and enjoyable Saturday night. Not much to report here. It's Friday for me so I'm looking forward to my weekend.

Weather is still crappy and cold. Hopefully the roads aren't too bad. With the cold weather and all the rain/snow we got yesterday, I'm sure they are pretty slick.

Wifey said to me yesterday she wants a weekend getaway. Problem is we already have stuff planned on all the weekends I'm off for the next two months or so. Geeze. Why do people have to get in the way of my personal plans??? Oh well. We'll figure something out.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/3/21 11:30

Vetron87 Re: Sunday Chat 03.21.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Drizzle,cold high of 38. Bluh!! Watching Speed Channel. Work in my shop later today, needs cleaning and stuff put away. Have a great day gurus.
Posted on: 2010/3/21 12:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Sunday Chat 03.21.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Wifey said to me yesterday she wants a weekend getaway. Problem is we already have stuff planned on all the weekends I'm off for the next two months or so. Geeze. Why do people have to get in the way of my personal plans??? Oh well. We'll figure something out.
Matthew

Oh those subtle changes. This is a womans way of attempting behavior modification. Remember that most women are never really happy and as a result constantly attempt change and manipulation in their lives and yours. It's like when they call you from across the house instead of walking over to you, or asking you to get them something when you finally get comfortable in your favorite chair. Watching your favorite show? Not for long unless it happens to be her favorite show too. Once you submit to a behavioral modification task it becomes expected behavior because "You never complained about that before". Gives me a great idea for a book. Stuff Nobody Tells You Before You Walk Down the Isle. Even if you know it you'll fall for it again and again. Some kind of unseen power in a woman. When you heard about the sacrifices of marriage, did you know what they were talking about? One step at a time .....

Attach file:

jpg  sacrifice.jpg (48.32 KB)
852_4ba61974e1554.jpg 402X337 px

bogus Re: Sunday Chat 03.21.10
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

It's rather overcast here this morning... after such a lovely day yesterday! However, it might be good for driving. We are heading torwards Naples and the Tamiami Trail and then to Ft Lauderdale.

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

pianoguy Re: Sunday Chat 03.21.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Har, Tommy the Marriage Counselor ;-)

Nice sunny day here, low 50's. So that means...........I'll be in the basement working on tiling a shower. *sets hair on fire*
Posted on: 2010/3/21 15:30

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Durango_Boy Re: Sunday Chat 03.21.10
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
2583 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
It's rather overcast here this morning... after such a lovely day yesterday! However, it might be good for driving. We are heading torwards Naples and the Tamiami Trail and then to Ft Lauderdale.

Weren't you going to get us outside pics of the Carbon today?
Posted on: 2010/3/21 15:45

vetteblondie Re: Sunday Chat 03.21.10
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Matthew

Oh those subtle changes. This is a womans way of attempting behavior modification. Remember that most women are never really happy and as a result constantly attempt change and manipulation in their lives and yours. It's like when they call you from across the house instead of walking over to you, or asking you to get them something when you finally get comfortable in your favorite chair. Watching your favorite show? Not for long unless it happens to be her favorite show too. Once you submit to a behavioral modification task it becomes expected behavior because "You never complained about that before". Gives me a great idea for a book. Stuff Nobody Tells You Before You Walk Down the Isle. Even if you know it you'll fall for it again and again. Some kind of unseen power in a woman. When you heard about the sacrifices of marriage, did you know what they were talking about? One step at a time .....

Anytime during one of my lengthy relationships where I 'got in the way' of his two month long weekends that he had planned was mostly cause he was busy f*@king with shit other than me every night and weekend. Sometimes a lady needs a piece of ass too...... See is as an opportunity sweety, maybe she just wants to give you some.... three days in a row, three hours a day, whatever.....
You never know....
Seems like when we women say "I do" the men no longer 'do'. They'd rather play with a carburetor than a pu....
nevermind....
Posted on: 2010/3/21 15:55

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

teebee Re: Sunday Chat 03.21.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Morning Gurus. I have been to church and loaded a new software package on the computer. The sun is shining and the temp moving up. The daughter-Husband and two grands are heading back home today. Tomorrow we start back for the final quarter of the school year. I have several projects to do over the next few months.

Wish my wife would suggest a weekend away.....
Posted on: 2010/3/21 16:06

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Morning Gurus. I have been to church and loaded a new software package on the computer. The sun is shining and the temp moving up. The daughter-Husband and two grands are heading back home today. Tomorrow we start back for the final quarter of the school year. I have several projects to do over the next few months.

Wish my wife would suggest a weekend away.....

I know there are times I feel like I got in a gang fight and my gang did'nt show up!! I need a break! I need to take my wife away from this. 42 days until retirement. Then travel time.
Posted on: 2010/3/21 16:12

biggrizzly Re: Sunday Chat 03.21.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

VB -- Ouch!

Well... on that note, I went with the boys yesterday and attended my first NCCC meeting in a long while up in Harrisburg PA. It was good to see all the guys I used to work with when I was NCCC Governor for CCA a few years ago. There are a ton of great racing opportunities planned for this summer that will be attended by fellow NCCC members. I opened my big mouth and volunteered to manage a seven sanction Peoples Choice Corvette Show on May 22nd at the Holiday Inn in Grantville, PA (near Harrisburg and Carlisle). They will be hosting the show, a recognition luncheon and region meeting on that day. It should be a blast with a lot of nice cars on display.

Weather has been gorgeous the past few days. I wish my car was ready, but its not.

I did get the XM tuner yesterday via FedEx. the receiver box dimensions are larger than I expected so now I have no idea where I will mount it. I hoped it was small enough to squeeze under the HU. Ha Ha, that's not happening. I wonder how much room is under the passenger side air bag area? I have never even really looked up under there before. Any idears?

Have a good day and what is left of the weekend.
Posted on: 2010/3/21 16:14

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

VB.....Ouch is right!! Guys take alot for granted at times.
Posted on: 2010/3/21 16:20

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
VB.....Ouch is right!! Guys take alot for granted at times.

That's a whole other book.
Posted on: 2010/3/21 18:09

BillH Re: Sunday Chat 03.21.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Well... on that note, I went with the boys yesterday and attended my first NCCC meeting in a long while up in Harrisburg PA. It was good to see all the guys I used to work with when I was NCCC Governor for CCA a few years ago. There are a ton of great racing opportunities planned for this summer that will be attended by fellow NCCC members. I opened my big mouth and volunteered to manage a seven sanction Peoples Choice Corvette Show on May 22nd at the Holiday Inn in Grantville, PA (near Harrisburg and Carlisle). They will be hosting the show, a recognition luncheon and region meeting on that day. It should be a blast with a lot of nice cars on display.

Damn, Don. My old stomping ground. I knew most of the people in all the clubs there, York County, Mason-Dixon (my club) etc. I worked all the shows for Mason-Dixon, used to go to the NCRS meetings with Chip.
Good people.
Posted on: 2010/3/21 20:07

4543 Posts

Speaking of Chip, Lance was in Florida and placed 12th I think is what he wrote on his post on CF with his C4 challenge Car.

Yup-- the East Region of NCCC is pretty ingrained in the Southern PA area. Although we have a lot of clubs from Maryland as well. We have a total of 27 clubs in our East Region, nine in MD, 13 in PA and 5 in VA none in DE or NJ.
Although the NCCC was formed by my club CCA in 1956, the seat for region meetings moved to Harrisburg sometime in the 60s. There is a lot of Corvette Racing history in this area and lots of old timers in the PA clubs that have some great race cars. You must be from that stock.
Posted on: 2010/3/21 21:15

4543 Posts

Yeah!!!!
I just passed John Supino in thread counts. I never thought I'd see that day!!

Posted on: 2010/3/21 21:18

Ultraman Re: Sunday Chat 03.21.10
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14738 Posts

Weather nice here for a change mid 50's and sunshine. Got back from Arizona last wednesday and had a great time. We never saw a cloud and the temps were in the 70's and 84 on the day before we left. Went to some Spring training games which the kid and I enjoyed while my wife explored the malls. Did not get to do the Bondurant thing but took a tour and were much impressed. There was a local club having an autocross while we were there and we watched it. All kinds of cars running and a variety of times. Corvettes ran the best times mostly 42 to 43 seconds then a Z06 came up and busted off a 40 second run which was cool.

Then it was back to work and bad weather. Nuts!
Posted on: 2010/3/21 21:30

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

BillH Re: Sunday Chat 03.21.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Speaking of Chip, Lance was in Florida and placed 12th I think is what he wrote on his post on CF with his C4 challenge Car.

Yup-- the East Region of NCCC is pretty ingrained in the Southern PA area. Although we have a lot of clubs from Maryland as well. We have a total of 27 clubs in our East Region, nine in MD, 13 in PA and 5 in VA none in DE or NJ.
Although the NCCC was formed by my club CCA in 1956, the seat for region meetings moved to Harrisburg sometime in the 60s. There is a lot of Corvette Racing history in this area and lots of old timers in the PA clubs that have some great race cars. You must be from that stock.

Yea, involved in racing since I was 12.
Grew up in Chambersburg.
My cousin in York has Disire(spelling) Wilson's challange car.

Chip used to invite us to his house once a year for a BBQ and to gawk at the "basement collection".
Posted on: 2010/3/21 21:52

BrianCunningham Re: Sunday Chat 03.21.10
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

temps in the 70's are over for now

back into the high 50's

spent the day putting stuff that got wet in the flood out to the curb.
Posted on: 2010/3/21 22:01

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 03.21.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

Seems like when we women say "I do" the men no longer 'do'. They'd rather play with a carburetor than a pu....
nevermind....

'puter?
Posted on: 2010/3/21 23:36

Matatk Re: Sunday Chat 03.21.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:

I did get the XM tuner yesterday via FedEx. the receiver box dimensions are larger than I expected so now I have no idea where I will mount it. I hoped it was small enough to squeeze under the HU. Ha Ha, that's not happening. I wonder how much room is under the passenger side air bag area? I have never even really looked up under there before. Any idears?

Try under the passenger seat.

Posted on: 2010/3/21 23:37

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

nevermind....

'puter?

Posted on: 2010/3/21 23:51

4543 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Try under the passenger seat.

I wound up sticking it in the bin behind the passenger seat for now. I have no plans for a sub back there at present and if I change my mind later I'll find a better place for it then. I thought about the seat, but the power seat motors don't leave enough room under there.
Posted on: 2010/3/21 23:58

bastet44 Re: Sunday Chat 03.21.10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Quote:

Durango_Boy wrote:
Quote:

bogus wrote:

Weren't you going to get us outside pics of the Carbon today?

I think the pics are still buried in the bowels of his many memory cards. I'll remind him. =) It was a beautiful Saturday, and the car looked great.

Today, took a ride on an air boat through the northern portion of the Everglades. LOVED IT!
Posted on: 2010/3/22 1:48

Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Word of the Day for Sunday, March 21, 2010

fatidic
\fuh-TID-ik\, adjective:

Of, relating to, or characterized by prophecy; prophetic.
Posted on: 2010/3/22 1:49

Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:

... I opened my big mouth and volunteered to manage a seven sanction Peoples Choice Corvette Show on May 22nd ...

Don - let me know if you want anything. =) I ordered some new swag.
Posted on: 2010/3/22 1:51

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:
Word of the Day for Sunday, March 21, 2010

fatidic
\fuh-TID-ik\, adjective:

Of, relating to, or characterized by prophecy; prophetic.

Pass .........
Posted on: 2010/3/22 2:03

4543 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:
Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:

... I opened my big mouth and volunteered to manage a seven sanction Peoples Choice Corvette Show on May 22nd ...

Don - let me know if you want anything. =) I ordered some new swag.

I'm looking for some more lanyards for my June car show this year. I don't know if you have any more of the red ones, but I like them best. This year I plan to give all my show workers a badge on a lanyard that will get them free food and drinks from the vendors. I have about 60 people working the event so it gets hard to keep track of every one and last year the vendors had a hard time discerning who was working the event and who was free loading.

What other cool swag do you guys have? This NCCC show on May 22 should be pretty big as there will be seven sanctioned events and that means that the NCCC point chasers will be out there to collect as many points as they can get. It like a one day of easy points for them, so they won't miss the event. Most events, shows or races only use one to three sanctions, so this is an easy point day for them.
Posted on: 2010/3/22 2:29

Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Don - sent you a PM.
Posted on: 2010/3/22 2:36

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.