Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
254 user(s) are online (208 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  C6
Abbreviation for the 6th generation of Corvettes built starting in 2005 and are still in production....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 06.16.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well it was very sad that the block party got rained out last night. So sad in fact, that I had to go into the garage and work my sorrows away by resetting the timing Got it all worked out and reset the base idle and TPS. I wanted to set the idle a little higher than stock due to the motor/cam, but now it's about 100 higher than I like so I'll have to tinker with that later. No big deal. Seems to be running good in the garage. Except now I think the fuel pump may be on the fritz I also had trouble connecting the laptop/cable to the car last night. Not sure if it's the cable, the laptop, or the user...lol. It was working last year, but this laptop might have some issues as it's older. Just in case, I ordered a new moates aldl cable with usb port and I'm working on getting a new laptop.

I left Rick a voicemail yesterday regarding his grandma passing away, but haven't heard back. As you can expect they've got a lot going on. I'll keep everyone posted once I hear anything else.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/6/16 11:25

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 06.16.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Hello everyone. Record breaking heat. Well that about sums it up.
Posted on: 2010/6/16 11:31
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

PeteK Re: Wednesday Chat 06.16.10
Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

Well it was very sad that the block party got rained out last night. So sad in fact, that I had to go into the garage and work my sorrows away by resetting the timing Got it all worked out and reset the base idle and TPS. I wanted to set the idle a little higher than stock due to the motor/cam, but now it's about 100 higher than I like so I'll have to tinker with that later. No big deal. Seems to be running good in the garage. Except now I think the fuel pump may be on the fritz I also had trouble connecting the laptop/cable to the car last night. Not sure if it's the cable, the laptop, or the user...lol. It was working last year, but this laptop might have some issues as it's older. Just in case, I ordered a new moates aldl cable with usb port and I'm working on getting a new laptop.

I left Rick a voicemail yesterday regarding his grandma passing away, but haven't heard back. As you can expect they've got a lot going on. I'll keep everyone posted once I hear anything else.

Matthew

I hope things are as well as they could be for Rick. Keep us informed if you can.

I managed to get my junk almost completely together yesterday. I need to clean and install the superam lid, fill it with coolant, and put the exhaust back on it.
I received my new wideband 02 sensor yesterday, and received the order confirmation my Moates Cable shipped.
All I need to do now is order a safe tune from mseven, and download the datamaster software.

I took a few days off to go on a motorcycle ride to New York City. Gooches Garlic Run usually has aout 20,000 riders. Rescheduled due to impending rain
Posted on: 2010/6/16 11:32

PeteK Re: Wednesday Chat 06.16.10
Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

How hot does it get to break a record in south Florida?
I'm gonna guess 102?
Posted on: 2010/6/16 11:34

RickAnthony Re: Wednesday Chat 06.16.10
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

Matthew

I got the VM, I appreciate it... I'll be calling soon... was busy went to work yesterday, had alot of phone calls going on, and finished the 94' in the garage so that could be picked up (it's gone now) also spent part of the evening, chopping sap suckers from the tree infront of the house.. when things like this happen my one uncle deals with it by finding a project and work work work.. so I helped him with that..

Details for the services are posted on my facebook page. Friday Wake, Saturday Funeral...

debating about calling in to take the day off to do some things around the house...
-=Rick
Posted on: 2010/6/16 11:56
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 06.16.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Good morning! I got a kick out of the Denis Leary show last night - as usual, he was the epitome of irreverence. It was good to get out and have a few laughs.

So sorry for your loss, Rick - it does help to keep busy.
Posted on: 2010/6/16 12:19

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

PeteK wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

How hot does it get to break a record in south Florida?
I'm gonna guess 102?

It was 94. Record for June 14th and 15th. Heat index 105 to 110. Lovely

Looks like we'll be cooling off a little.

Todays High: 93° Low: 79°
Thurs High: 92' Low: 78°
Fri High: 91° Low: 79°
Sat High: 91° Low: 79°
Sun High: 91° Low: 78°
Posted on: 2010/6/16 12:53

BillH Re: Wednesday Chat 06.16.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
It was 94. Record for June 14th and 15th. Heat index 105 to 110. Lovely

Looks like we'll be cooling off a little.

It cooled off here this a.m., there's a front coming thru.

83 yesterday, snow flurries this a.m., 70 today, 80 tomorrow.
Posted on: 2010/6/16 13:15

biggrizzly Re: Wednesday Chat 06.16.10
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning All,

Rick -- Good to see you all keeping busy and your chin up!

Matt -- A video is in order shortly

When I lived in the little town of Aiken, South Carolina which by the way is land locked in the sand flats of SC with no sea breezes or mountain air. We could see days of triple digit heat most summers. I think the record hi there was 110. Its supposed to be 100 or over here in DC on Sunday.. Ouch!
Posted on: 2010/6/16 14:27

Vetron87 Re: Wednesday Chat 06.16.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Its been awhile since I have had a chance to post! Total rewire of a circa 1947 house and teaching a vocational welding class at night. I hope to flip this house next month.
Rick sorry about your loss, stay busy.
Matt keep us posted on your project.
Severe thundersorm last night cleared the way for a beautiful day today. Low temps in the 70's and humidity.
I walk past the 87 in the garage each day thinking one day soon I'll have time to drive it.
Have to meet the electrical inspector at noon today. I have a Notre Dame Prof. that wants to buy it. Cool!
Theology Prof. If he only knew how many verbs I split wiring this thing.
Gotta go Guru's have a great day!!
Posted on: 2010/6/16 15:03

bastet44 Re: Wednesday Chat 06.16.10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Good morning, Gurus!

Well, it looks like my desktop computer's hard drive is caput, and that really sucks. Fortunately, I have my data backup from Friday, but I'm still missing a few work things from Sunday and Monday.

It's dark and gloomy right now - typical for June Gloom.
Posted on: 2010/6/16 15:27

Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Word of the Day for Wednesday, June 16, 2010

indemnity
\in-DEM-ni-tee\, noun:

1. Protection or security against damage or loss.
2. Compensation for damage or loss sustained.
3. Something paid by way of such compensation.
4. Legal exemption from penalties attaching to unconstitutional or illegal actions, granted to public officers and other persons.
Posted on: 2010/6/16 15:27

BrianCunningham Re: Wednesday Chat 06.16.10
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

another sunny day

rain moving in again tonight

then someone's turning up the heat for the weekend.
Posted on: 2010/6/16 15:32

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:
Word of the Day for Wednesday, June 16, 2010

indemnity
\in-DEM-ni-tee\, noun:

1. Protection or security against damage or loss.
2. Compensation for damage or loss sustained.
3. Something paid by way of such compensation.
4. Legal exemption from penalties attaching to unconstitutional or illegal actions, granted to public officers and other persons.

Indemnity roots a ma hair it's full of surprises.
Posted on: 2010/6/16 15:35

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 06.16.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:
Good morning, Gurus!

Well, it looks like my desktop computer's hard drive is caput, and that really sucks. Fortunately, I have my data backup from Friday, but I'm still missing a few work things from Sunday and Monday.

It's dark and gloomy right now - typical for June Gloom.

Pull the hard drive, put it in a sandwich bag and stick it in the freezer for an hour or so. Then hook it up again and see if it'll go (might take a few tries). If the bearings are shot, freezing will often shrink them enough to allow the drive to spin for a while, hopefully long enough to retrieve your data.
Posted on: 2010/6/16 17:09

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Andy has already tried a number of solutions yesterday, and we've pretty much determined that it's toast. Fortunately, I have my laptop, and did a recent backup so I haven't lost much.
Posted on: 2010/6/16 17:16

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 06.16.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12370 Posts

Good afternoon....well got my plans for the day changed again today. Yesterday I was to finish those counter tops I started last week, they weren't ready for me to finish, so that screwed yesterday. Today I thought I was to hang some cabinets, went over nobody there. I come home and read the email again....."see you Thursday at 8:30"...I guess I need to learn to read more thoroughly. So I came home and finished up cleaning the Corvette...and put in a new fuse so the lighter socket works, vacuumed it out and put it back up on the lift. Vacuumed the pickup since it was out anyway. Then came in to work on those computers....the desktop had a sh!tload of corrupt files....format and reload, fixed that one. The laptop has issues....finally get it up and running and the thing just shuts down on a whim. Chkdsk won't even complete, gets to step 4 of 5 and freezes. I think the HDD is about toast. Not sure it's worth putting a new one in, looks like the owners have used it for the dog to walk on, keys missing, scratched up...it'll have to be their decision.

Sounds like everyone here is making do. Rick, stay busy it helps you get through the day. Sounds like most of us are headed for the oven this weekend. I'm not looking forward to that. Well this other computer is calling.....POS
Posted on: 2010/6/16 18:57

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Wednesday Chat 06.16.10
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4654 Posts

Crappy day. Ugh. But, got home last night and there was a surprise house insurance refund check in my mailbox. I see a Wii in my future veeerrrryyy sooon.
Posted on: 2010/6/17 3:32

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.