Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
332 user(s) are online (287 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  NCM
The mission of the National Corvette Museum is to celebrate the Corvette's invention, and preserve the legendary automobile's past, present, and futu...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 06.01.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Happy June, everyone. Hopefully this month will bring beautiful weather and good times. Should be 79 here today which is very enjoyable, and a little cloudy later. I hope to either run/bike when I get home so this is perfect for that.

I'm ashamed to say I haven't touched the car in weeks. No driving, no tinkering, nothing. Maybe I'll drive it to work today if I can get my act together in time to pull it out of the garage. We'll see.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/6/1 11:28

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 06.01.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

There is a spiritual connection when you get in and turn the key. (especially if it starts). Once you start driving you wonder "What took me so long?". Get your ass in gear boy. You know you love it.
Posted on: 2011/6/1 11:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Todays plans .... Get a couple things done. I'll let you know what I accomplish later. Today is "yard day".
Posted on: 2011/6/1 12:02

Epimax Re: Wednesday Chat 06.01.11
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Howdy Folks..

Don't feel bad Matthew! Mine hasn't seen the light of day since Feb...Pathetic, I know...

Took extra day off from work...At least it's a short week!!

Hope everybody has a great day!
Posted on: 2011/6/1 12:12

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 06.01.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! It sure felt great to drive in this morning with the top off (the car's, not mine) - I think it's the first time since September. And I have a tee-time this afternoon. Things are looking up!

Enjoy your day, everyone!
Posted on: 2011/6/1 12:16

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Ultraman Re: Wednesday Chat 06.01.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14739 Posts

It's big Tuesday on Wednesday, this could get confusing. The weather looks to be fine and we could use a little fine around here. I enjoyed the car show and seeing everyones rides. Cool cars all of them.

Matt, I am sorry to hear that you have backslidden in the driving and care of your dream car. It is time to redescover your first love and drive the wheels off of it. Do it today!

Gotta go make the living, check in later......Go gettum Guru's!
Posted on: 2011/6/1 12:18

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 06.01.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Morning guys....Glad to hear that everyone is doing OK. Matt get that beast out and drive it, you'll be glad that you did. Enjoy the weather, Marcus. Brad, sure glad it's the car's.

I have lots planned for today. It was a short night, working on a computer until after midnight, then up early to go install the new one I built and get it networked (workgroup) and the printers installed and sharing enabled. Then I have to head for the 'city' to take my hydraulic cylinder, from my lift, over to have new seals put in (one of the pains of buying a Chinese brand product).

Supposed to be hot again today and windy....better get to it.
Posted on: 2011/6/1 12:39

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Resized Image
Posted on: 2011/6/1 16:53

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Attach file:

jpg  The Web.jpg (247.19 KB)
852_4de6703543d77.jpg 972X648 px
Posted on: 2011/6/1 17:00

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Attach file:

bmp  Snoozefest.bmp (149.49 KB)
852_4de6716fad381.bmp 400X380 px
Posted on: 2011/6/1 17:05

1Fast04Vert Re: Wednesday Chat 06.01.11
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Hot, hot, hot. All of my plans for today changed to stay in the AC plans. Right now it is 92*F in the shade of the back porch. Then if I go out in the sun it feels like 110* or more. The weather service is saying it will be even hotter tomorrow, possibly about 97*F.
Posted on: 2011/6/1 17:15

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I'm counting the minutes until my early escape. Meanwhile, these folks are dancing on the side of our building:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSSukq4GuDY
Posted on: 2011/6/1 17:48

biggrizzly Re: Wednesday Chat 06.01.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Well... I guess its afternoon now! I had to go into the office today and that entails a 90 minute drive both ways. Then I get locked up in an area with no cell phones and limited communications!! The weather is hot.. hot here too!
I need to get my AC in the Vette recharged soon, so I will be ready for this hot stuff!

It looks like I'm going to be pretty busy the rest of the week with our car show preparations, so I don't know how much work I'll get to do on my own car. However, come hell or high water that car will be at the Show in Silver Spring, MD! I'll have it trailered there if I have to!!

Well... got go for now, but will check back later today!
Posted on: 2011/6/1 18:32

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
However, come hell or high water that car will be at the Show in Silver Spring, MD! I'll have it trailered there if I have to!

This just in ....

The National Weather Service has issued a special weather alert until further notice. A front from hell is anticipated with extended periods of high water. Use caution and proceed outdoors only if absolutely necessary.
Check frequently for future updates.
Posted on: 2011/6/1 19:20

JeffK Re: Wednesday Chat 06.01.11
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

Got my Vette inspected last night. I was a little nervous since it doesn't like to idle while in gear. I figured the inspection guy would just kick it out. He was going to put it on the lift and told me that I had to take the targa out before he lifted it. I didn't think that sounded right. He ended up not lifting it.

Other than that I'm just waiting for the next chip to arrive from Mick. I think I am going to order a Burn2 from Moates so I don't have the 2 day wait time.

It's about 97 here today so anything I do tonight is going to be inside in the AC.

A/C went out at the house on Monday night so I am really glad it's fixed now!!
Posted on: 2011/6/1 19:22

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

There are so many variations of the lift method. I've heard doors open. Later I heard do nothing just put it on the lift. No doubt there is some body flex but if anybody has the REAL answer to this, please post it. I wanna know what's really going on.
Posted on: 2011/6/1 20:41

JeffK Re: Wednesday Chat 06.01.11
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

He told me that he has always been instructed to remove targa, open hood, hatch and doors.
Posted on: 2011/6/1 20:49

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

JeffK wrote:
He told me that he has always been instructed to remove targa, open hood, hatch and doors.

That's what lots of mechanics heard. Doesn't mean it's true.
Is there a standing order issued by GM? Is it in the FSM? Where does this originate other than " I've been told". Just wondering.
Posted on: 2011/6/1 22:00

BillH Re: Wednesday Chat 06.01.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
There are so many variations of the lift method. I've heard doors open. Later I heard do nothing just put it on the lift. No doubt there is some body flex but if anybody has the REAL answer to this, please post it. I wanna know what's really going on.

JeffK

It's all Internet bullshit, probably created by an inept mechanic that didn't use the factory lift points.

Can you screw a C4 up lifting it? Yea, but it helps if your mechanic's a dork.

Mines been up numerous way on a lift (done by me) and been jacked up every way possible (done correctly). Doors open/closed but never with the targa out (why bother?).

There's also the thing about keeping the doors closed when shutting the hood, there could be damage this way but you'd have to slam the hood not close it from 2 inches.

BTW, if all this gives you worries, open the doors, take the top out, sleep better.
Posted on: 2011/6/1 22:00

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I bought a yellow ZR1 today!

I was out in the antique shops looking for a computer deak (found one).
Got this for $7.00.

Attach file:

jpg  2006-03-14 21-17-37_0001.JPG (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2011/6/1 22:03

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Evening guys....it's been a heck of a busy day. Hot, Windy miserable....summer is officially here. I worked my arse off trying to get a printer to work with Win7...SOB wouldn't work with any freaking driver I found. Finally I gave up and emailed tech support, hopefully they can give me an answer. Took the cylinder over to have the leaky seal fixed...they'll call me when it's done.

Since I got home, I've fixed supper and have been cleaning the house. Those three boys around all day can almost destroy the place.
Posted on: 2011/6/1 23:51

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Since I got home, I've fixed supper and have been cleaning the house. Those three boys around all day can almost destroy the place.

I'm so proud of you.
Posted on: 2011/6/1 23:58

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
it's been a heck of a busy day. Hot, Windy miserable....summer is officially here.

It is? Then why is it snowing on my deck ?

Strangest spring I've ever seen here.
Posted on: 2011/6/2 0:24

vetteblondie Re: Wednesday Chat 06.01.11
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Who ordered all this hot weather? Just in time to remind me I've not changed my air filter since last year, the air froze up the other night, kept me up all night being hot, got it going again last night and it took till sometime in the middle of the night to cool the house down. Crazy day at work but then that's a good thing... at least for the boss... Keeping my fingers crossed, might have a new job looming out there... I'll give up my long weekends but we'll see what the benefits are....
Hope everyone had a great day and evening.
Posted on: 2011/6/2 0:49

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Wednesday Chat 06.01.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14739 Posts

Ok, now I have heard something I don't know about. Tell me about how to lift my C4 in the air. What is the deal with taking the top off. I never take the top off. What up with all that?
Posted on: 2011/6/2 1:11

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

JeffK

It's all Internet bullshit, probably created by an inept mechanic that didn't use the factory lift points.

Can you screw a C4 up lifting it? Yea, but it helps if your mechanic's a dork.

Mines been up numerous way on a lift (done by me) and been jacked up every way possible (done correctly). Doors open/closed but never with the targa out (why bother?).

There's also the thing about keeping the doors closed when shutting the hood, there could be damage this way but you'd have to slam the hood not close it from 2 inches.

BTW, if all this gives you worries, open the doors, take the top out, sleep better.

Maybe cracked and broken floor pans happen. It's the darndest thing.
Posted on: 2011/6/2 1:23

flyboy Re: Wednesday Chat 06.01.11
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
[quote]

Maybe cracked and broken floor pans happen. It's the darndest thing.

Sure, if the jack is placed under the floorpan.
Bogus has a write-up on lifting the C4 in the tech library, I believe.
Posted on: 2011/6/2 1:56

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Ok, now I have heard something I don't know about. Tell me about how to lift my C4 in the air. What is the deal with taking the top off. I never take the top off. What up with all that?

Ref: post 19, Marcus.
The stories of things getting broken have been around a long time, again any that were true were caused by inept mechanics.

There's specific lift points (and specific jack points that are even labeled on the car).
But heck, I've had 3 wheels off the ground with a floor jack with no ill effects.

Putting the car on a lift using the correct places for the pads won't cause a problem.
Posted on: 2011/6/2 2:02

biggrizzly Re: Wednesday Chat 06.01.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

It's 10:00PM and I just got home from a long day! I log in and see that Biggrizzly has won the virtual car show! This is amazing! Thanks for everyone that voted for the car and thanks to Tommy and Andy for hosting. I think that all of us really pour a lot of effort into our cars! I know a lot of guys that bring some high dollar turn-key cars to our shows, but I really like the cars that regular guys like you and I have put lots of days into scratching their heads to fix this or that and mold the car into something that came from an initial vision! That is what I have done with my car over the years. You could probably go back to 2002 on CF and find posts where I added floor mats or this or that before I started really getting in deep!!

Thanks Again..... I'm glad that you guys like her!!!
Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks
Posted on: 2011/6/2 2:12

flyboy Re: Wednesday Chat 06.01.11
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
It's 10:00PM and I just got home from a long day! I log in and see that Biggrizzly has won the virtual car show! This is amazing! Thanks for everyone that voted for the car and thanks to Tommy and Andy for hosting. I think that all of us really pour a lot of effort into our cars! I know a lot of guys that bring some high dollar turn-key cars to our shows, but I really like the cars that regular guys like you and I have put lots of days into scratching their heads to fix this or that and mold the car into something that came from an initial vision! That is what I have done with my car over the years. You could probably go back to 2002 on CF and find posts where I added floor mats or this or that before I started really getting in deep!!

Thanks Again..... I'm glad that you guys like her!!!
Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks

Hear, hear!
Posted on: 2011/6/2 2:47

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Well deserved, Don.
Posted on: 2011/6/2 4:10

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Oh, by the way Don, Andy and I need a favor ............[jk]
Posted on: 2011/6/2 9:42

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.