Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
234 user(s) are online (192 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Wednesday Chat 08.03.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

I can really tell I'm getting older. My stamina is not near where it used to be or where I think it should be for that matter. I think I need three cans of 5 hour energy or maybe a couple of Monsters. Nah .... I don't use any of that stuff, just a couple of cups of coffee. Scotty .... Please!

Posted on: 2011/8/3 11:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Matatk Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

I ran out of time here this morning. Oh well...got a few questions answered.

Tommy - how's the house coming?

Congrats to Don on getting his trans issues worked out.

As for me....I dunno.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/8/3 12:01

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:

Tommy - how's the house coming?

New pics and update later to come.
Posted on: 2011/8/3 12:03

biggrizzly Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Mornin' Gurus

Looks like we are going to get some rain today! Kind of cloudy now. I hope it cools things off a bit.

I'm looking for a new job. My contract runs out the end of September and I have some real sharp intuition that its not being renewed. I can't make the 1.5 hour commute to headquarters and there are lots of people that have issues with me and others working from home. I'm pretty much 100% sure this is fact (me losing my job), so I got to get my ass looking for a job NOW!

Life... if it taint one thing its another!!

How's the house coming Tommy?

Andy - are you packing yet? When is closing?
Posted on: 2011/8/3 12:20

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Beautiful morning here. I was planning to drive the Vette this morning, but it is filthy, so it remains in the garage.

Tommy, I was amazed at how much my stamina improved after I switched to the e-cig. But I can still nap like a champion.

Heard this on the radio - kinda humorous, but not surprising:

http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/ ... nal/2011/08/02/209059.htm

Little-known fact - the signature line on your checks is not a line. It is made up of tiny print that says AUTHORIZEDSIGNATURE over and over.

That's all the useless trivia I have for now. Enjoy your day, everyone!
Posted on: 2011/8/3 12:21

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

KPotter Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.11
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

Well, we survived the Journey, Foreigner, Night Ranger concert last night. The Little Blind Woman had a really good time, the concert was part of her birthday present. The real fun was wandering around aimlessly for an hour in the rain searching for that damned car, I'm sure the sign said Lot C when we pulled in. Just another memory to add to the collection.
Posted on: 2011/8/3 12:30

Ultraman Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14760 Posts

Ya, not so hot today......got a meeting in a few minutes seems like the spray plane supposedly flew over and sprayed somebodies petunias. Now everybody is pissed off and yelling so they call in calm and collected mediator to help solve the problems.......SIT YOUR ASS DOWN AND SHUT THE HELL UP FOR A MINUTE.......Oh I mean....Good morning I am sure we can all work this out.....how are the petunias doing?

Always something. Don I'd hire you in a minute but it isn't as pretty where we live. Tommy and Andy house mojo to you guys....Brad drive it dirty winter is coming.

Hump day guys let's have some fun with it!
Posted on: 2011/8/3 12:41

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Job-seeking mojo, Don!
Posted on: 2011/8/3 12:42

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

The county government now has info on the sale of the property. Let the nightmare begin. It already has, I called for a bulk pick up of tree limbs, etc. Got a confirmation but would recieve the schedule by email. Pick up denied. Inspector issued a warning on the trash pile. I called to reschedule that pick up. They want a copy of the contract, Now every county service is gomna be looking up my ass. Next comes a barrage of building inspectors, code compliance officers and a mile long stretch of shit I'll have to do to make these suckas happy. Woe is me..... Oh woe is me ............. I'm screwed.
Posted on: 2011/8/3 13:12

4543 Posts

Hang in there Tommy! Perseverance is key!
Posted on: 2011/8/3 14:07

vetteblondie Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.11
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4661 Posts

Good luck on the job hunt, Don. Same with you guys on your houses... pics?
gonna be a hawt one here today. High projected of 106 with a heat index of 115. Jeebus Cripes this is nuts. It's affecting the inside of my apartment also. My light switch plates are crying. There's condensation coming out from behind them and it makes the plastic plates kinda curl. Also in my closets it's very hot and there's condensation in there. I'm sick of this hot mess. It's been at or near 100 here for a couple months now. I hate winter but this is ridiculous.
Posted on: 2011/8/3 14:15

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

1Fast04Vert Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.11
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Tommy, just your tax dollars at work. PITA.
Posted on: 2011/8/3 14:19

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Morning guys....(you too Letty). I slept in today, felt good. Don, thinking about you and your job hunting, GL. Tommy, it's always something, isn't it? Marcus, GL on the mediating. Letty, be sure and keep your guard up against mold. You are sitting on top of a mold machine with those conditions.

We got almost two inches of rain last night! Wooohoo! It's 69* as I sit here at 9:30 am, thank god for the reprieve. I have to go to a funeral a little later, I don't know the person, but our priest called and needed someone to read, "OK I'll do it."

Have a good day, all you self-over-rated drivers.
Posted on: 2011/8/3 14:35

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

djxib Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.11
Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

Good luck with the job hunting Don!

Useless trivia: today I discovered that I can press the clutch pedal with my left foot while the car is on 15" axle stands while laying underneath watching the throwout bearing movement. How cool is that?
Posted on: 2011/8/3 16:08

1996 Greenwood Collectors Edition LT4

Previously 1992 Convertible Polo Green. 383 LT1/LT4 forged/balanced. V7-YSi, Alky. 608RWHP... Now sitting at a dismantler with a salvage title. Still runs...

95Vert Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.11
Senior Guru
Aiken, SC
440 Posts

Hot here as well!!! Forecast to be 104 here tomorrow with it feeling like 120. I love the south.

Don, thought about looking for a position back here at SRS?

Oh my gosh, how do you get condensation coming from the back of the light switch plates...wouldn't that cause your breakers to start popping? Sounds dangerous never mind the, yes, mold issues!!!

Uhh, Andy, did you cut a hole in the floor of the car to reach your foot through while laying underneath it????
Posted on: 2011/8/3 16:26

"Send lawyers, guns and money..."

Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Quote:

djxib wrote:

Useless trivia: today I discovered that I can press the clutch pedal with my left foot while the car is on 15" axle stands while laying underneath watching the throwout bearing movement. How cool is that?

I want to see a picture of that.
Posted on: 2011/8/3 16:31

JeffK Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.11
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

Second on the pic request!

Dad's on his way to Columbia, SC so if you see a dark blue Sebring vert pulling and Harley on an open trailer give him a wave.

It's supposed to be 100 here today with just a hint of humidity..like 80% or something like that.
Posted on: 2011/8/3 16:51

4543 Posts

Quote:

95Vert wrote:
Hot here as well!!! Forecast to be 104 here tomorrow with it feeling like 120. I love the south.

Don, thought about looking for a position back here at SRS?

I'm kind of stuck here for now. I bought this house three years ago and now I owe more than its worth. Although not as bad as some people I'm about $75K upside down and I can't afford to absorb that and go south. Additionally, we moved from there because work was iffy and also because we wanted to be near our parents before it is too late to be near them. Kathie's folks both passed away shortly after we returned to Maryland in 2004, so I'm glad we came back when we did. My folks are getting up into their early 70s but they seem to be pretty healthy so far. Knock on wood.
Posted on: 2011/8/3 17:02

Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

Quote:

95vette wrote:
Quote:

djxib wrote:

Andy - trust me it wasnt pretty! I had to hang onto the door sill with my left arm to get full pedal travel - and there may have been some anglo saxon language.
Posted on: 2011/8/3 17:02

Previously 1992 Convertible Polo Green. 383 LT1/LT4 forged/balanced. V7-YSi, Alky. 608RWHP... Now sitting at a dismantler with a salvage title. Still runs...

4543 Posts

Quote:

djxib wrote:
Quote:

95vette wrote:
Quote:

djxib wrote:

Andy - trust me it wasnt pretty! I had to hang onto the door sill with my left arm to get full pedal travel - and there may have been some anglo saxon language.

I'm still trying to visualize this! We will call you Pretzel man... or what was the guy on Fantastic 4 that was like rubber! That would be you>
Posted on: 2011/8/3 17:09

Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Andy - trust me it wasnt pretty! I had to hang onto the door sill with my left arm to get full pedal travel - and there may have been some anglo saxon language.[/quote]

It sounds like you must be getting fairly close to getting it running and on the road again. ?
Posted on: 2011/8/3 17:30

vetteblondie Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.11
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4661 Posts

+1 on the photo request....
Posted on: 2011/8/3 17:37

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

Quote:

95vette wrote:
It sounds like you must be getting fairly close to getting it running and on the road again. ?

Andy - I'm a few weekends away from getting it running. Biggest jobs are exhaust fabrication (my Son is doing that in a couple weeks) and additional hood clearance plus custom pipework for the YSi. I am motivated to have it running for CABC

(All, CABC is "Corvettes Against Breast Cancer" - Atlanta Motor Speedway October 8)
Posted on: 2011/8/3 17:38

Huskerland
14760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
We got almost two inches of rain last night! Wooohoo! It's 69* as I sit here at 9:30 am, thank god for the reprieve. I have to go to a funeral a little later, I don't know the person, but our priest called and needed someone to read, "OK I'll do it."

Have a good day, all you self-over-rated drivers.

Atta boy on the rain event.....I am sure there were young children who had never seen rain before.....send it on up here.

What do you mean self over rated....I could keep up with Milner......
Posted on: 2011/8/3 17:47

Huskerland
14760 Posts

Quote:

JeffK wrote:
Second on the pic request!

Dad's on his way to Columbia, SC so if you see a dark blue Sebring vert pulling and Harley on an open trailer give him a wave.

It's supposed to be 100 here today with just a hint of humidity..like 80% or something like that.

Your old man sounds like my kinda guy......enjoy your time together.
Posted on: 2011/8/3 17:49

Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Quote:

djxib wrote:
Quote:

95vette wrote:

Andy - I'm a few weekends away from getting it running. Biggest jobs are exhaust fabrication (my Son is doing that in a couple weeks) and additional hood clearance plus custom pipework for the YSi. I am motivated to have it running for CABC

(All, CABC is "Corvettes Against Breast Cancer" - Atlanta Motor Speedway October 8)

Next time you need an extra hand let me know. I can always come over and drink your beer (or maybe even help out a bit).
Posted on: 2011/8/3 17:52

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

A man was leaving a convenience store with his morning coffee when he noticed a most unusual funeral procession approaching the nearby cemetery. A black hearse was followed by a second black hearse about fifty feet behind the first one.

Behind the second hearse was a solitary man walking a dog on a leash.

Behind him, a short distance back, were about 200 men walking single file.

The man couldn't stand the curiosity. He respectfully approached the man walking the dog and said: "I am so sorry for your loss, and this may be a bad time to disturb you, but I've never seen a funeral like this. Whose funeral is it?"

"My wife's."

"What happened to her?"

"She yelled at me and my dog attacked and killed her."

He inquired further, "But who is in the second hearse?"

The man answered, "My mother-in-law. She was trying to help my wife when the dog turned on her."

A very poignant and touching moment of brotherhood and silence passed between the two men.

"Can I borrow the dog?"

The man replied, "Get in line."
Posted on: 2011/8/3 18:54

JeffK Re: Wednesday Chat 08.03.11
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Your old man sounds like my kinda guy......enjoy your time together.

I'm sure we will. This is his annual trip. He goes to SC to see his buddy and ride then he stops by here on his way home. It's always nice to have him around and never long enough.
Posted on: 2011/8/3 19:06

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Quote:

A very poignant and touching moment of brotherhood and silence passed between the two men.

"Can I borrow the dog?"

The man replied, "Get in line."

That's just stupid. There's got to be more dogs like that available somewhere.
Posted on: 2011/8/4 2:30

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.