Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
244 user(s) are online (209 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Z25
Refers to 1993 Anniversary Editions; also known as Ruby.

These are the actual cars honored as anniversary cars.

They have RPO Z25 to prove it....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Thursday Chat 07.19.12
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Woke up tired this morning although I didn't go to bed late and slept decent. I think it's the taking a week off from lifting. Really drains my energy.

Started working on the throttle body iac/coolant plate last night. I'm cutting off the coolant ports and filling them so they will look better. Of course, a broken screw had to be extracted which took me the better part of an hour. Got it done with no damage, just grief.

Had a pretty good thunderstorm last night. Everything still looks saturated this morning. Hope it brings the temps down without affecting humidity that much. We'll see.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2012/7/19 11:42

TommyT-Bone Thursday Chat 07,19.12
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

to me,

to me,

to me-ee

to meeeeee
Posted on: 2012/7/19 11:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 07,19.12
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Unusually cool for this time of year. Mid seventies but no complaints out of me ...... yet. We have clear skies loaded with Saharan dust. The moisture pushed off to the northwest. Hopefully it will go to the states that need it. Supposed to get real hot later in the day with full sun baking us over the next several days. No real plan other than my wife and I going out to dinner later. Quiet birthday. Just the kind I like.
Posted on: 2012/7/19 11:55

Ultraman Re: Thursday Chat 07.19.12
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14738 Posts

Matt...2 words...Coconut Oil.....gives you energy all day. Would love to hear the sound of thunder right now...I'm suprised the global warming folks aren't all over this drought thing.

There is an article in this weeks Newsweek about Generation Screwed which is about the 18-35 year olds that are facing the world that the Boomers have left them.....pretty sobering as you look down the road....My daughter was and is right in the middle of it as she got out of college just as the bottom dropped out and has competed for entry level jobs with others with expieriance and masters degrees. Then there is the Boomers that can't quit work because they did not save enough so they are hogging the job market also.
We live in interesting times....

Better get out there it isn't going to get any cooler...be safe.....
Posted on: 2012/7/19 12:01

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Huskerland
14738 Posts

Happy Birthday Tommy.....take some of your vehicles and go trade them in on a new 13 427 Convertable.....that would be a great present to you.....from you.....
Posted on: 2012/7/19 12:06

pianoguy Re: Thursday Chat 07.19.12
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings, and Happy Birthday, Tommy! And Happy Ramadan, too - I'm thinking about converting, as I heard it's customary to go fast this time of year. Or something like that.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2012/7/19 12:11

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

KPotter Re: Thursday Chat 07.19.12
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

Well here we are Friday Eve once again !

Happy Birthday Mr. T-Bone ! Hope you have a great day.

"We live in interesting times..." that is putting it mildly, Marcus. Interesting, troubling, scary, lots of adjectives to describe the times we live in. Sorry we have to pass this mess on to our kids and grandkids.

Posted on: 2012/7/19 12:26

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2012/7/19 12:50

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

1Fast04Vert Re: Thursday Chat 07.19.12
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMMY. Treat yourself to something nice today.

Guess we are the exception. All three kids with good jobs and doing well, and retirement with no finiancial worries at all.
Posted on: 2012/7/19 12:50

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 07.19.12
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

It's time to do now what should have been done decades ago. Put on the brakes. STOP doing what continues to be done, burying the future of our nation under a mountain of debt. Should have been resolved decades ago. But the lack of leadership has doomed the nations economy. Just because you hold political office does not make you a leader. Steps taken now will have postive returns in maybe .... fifty years. There is hope. That's about all we have left. The cupboard is bare, the shelves are empty, you can't spend what you don't have. Before you know it we could be joining the ranks of Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Greece and a host of other upside down nations. It's a chance to lead the world out of the valleys of despair. Plant the seeds now so we'll have a harvest later. First you have to prep the ground and elimimate the weeds. We have way too many weeds. Actually, overrun with weeds. There is a cure for that. The harvest is over.
Posted on: 2012/7/19 12:56

Huskerland
14738 Posts

Quote:

1Fast04Vert wrote:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMMY. Treat yourself to something nice today.

Guess we are the exception. All three kids with good jobs and doing well, and retirement with no finiancial worries at all.

Atta boy Andy.....and you get to drive a fast car too....
Posted on: 2012/7/19 12:59

Huskerland
14738 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

It's time to do now what should have been done decades ago. Put on the brakes. STOP doing what continues to be done, burying the future of our nation under a mountain of debt. Should have been resolved decades ago. But the lack of leadership has doomed the nations economy. Just because you hold political office does not make you a leader. Steps taken now will have postive returns in maybe .... fifty years. There is hope. That's about all we have left. The cupboard is bare, the shelves are empty, you can't spend what you don't have. Before you know it we could be joining the ranks of Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Greece and a host of other upside down nations. It's a chance to lead the world out of the valleys of despair. Plant the seeds now so we'll have a harvest later. First you have to prep the ground and elimimate the weeds. We have way too many weeds. Actually, overrun with weeds. There is a cure for that. The harvest is over.

I'm worried that there are more folks out there who want to be wards of the State then those who do not....
Posted on: 2012/7/19 13:03

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2012/7/19 13:07

Huskerland
14738 Posts

The democracy will cease to exsist when you take away from those willing to work and give to those who would not.

Thomas Jefferson
Posted on: 2012/7/19 13:13

BillH Re: Thursday Chat 07.19.12
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years.

No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:
- Knowing when to come in out of the rain;
- Why the early bird gets the worm;
- Life isn't always fair;
- and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place.

Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason.

He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers;
I Know My Rights
I Want It Now
Someone Else Is To Blame
I'm A Victim

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.
Posted on: 2012/7/19 13:19

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Resized Image
Posted on: 2012/7/19 16:06

Trae1976 Re: Thursday Chat 07,19.12
2012 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Johnson City, TN
832 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote: to me

You say its your birthday ... Its my birthday too, yeah.   Friday

Posted on: 2012/7/19 16:37

j3studio Re: Thursday Chat 07.19.12
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

I was going to tell folks not to depress Tommy on his birthday and then I noticed who was posting the depressing stuff ...

... anyhow, Happy Birthday, Tommy!

I'm guessing I'm younger, so I'm going to try to be a little bit more glass half full.
Posted on: 2012/7/19 17:03

teebee Re: Thursday Chat 07.19.12
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Happy birthday Tommy! I've been up and at'em since early. Boring the holes to mount the hinges, mounting the hinges and now ready to mount the plates to the cabinets that the hinges attach to.

I/m not sure it was us baby boomers who screwed things up, but I'm big enough to take my share of the blame. It is a fact that the system is screwed up, but too many of our kids are liberals who think the way our president does and follow like sheep.

I had a student this past semester tell another to use some common sense. I told them that common sense wasn't all that common anymore.....I firmly believe that.
Posted on: 2012/7/19 17:54

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Huskerland
14738 Posts

All you dog lovers stay away from this stuff for your doggies. I bought some at Stuff Mart last winter and fed our Yorkie with them and he threw them up and then pooped all over for a couple of days so I threw them away.....now I know the rest of the story.....the doggie is fine.

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/ ... s-complaints-rise-to-1800

Posted on: 2012/7/19 20:21

95Vert Re: Thursday Chat 07.19.12
Senior Guru
Aiken, SC
440 Posts

I looked up that TJ quote, Marcus, the one you posted above. Jefferson said something vaguely like it, but not as quoted in a variety of postings all over the internet.

I'm not saying it doesn't make sense, it does, but he did not put it that way.

Thanks Bill, enjoyed reading the obit for common sense. It makes sense!!

Posted on: 2012/7/19 20:46

"Send lawyers, guns and money..."

BillH Re: Thursday Chat 07.19.12
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

The mania for giving the Government power to meddle with the private affairs of cities or citizens is likely to cause endless trouble, through the rivaly of schools and creeds that are anxious to obtain official recognition, and there is great danger that our people will lose our independence of thought and action which is the cause of much of our greatness, and sink into the helplessness of the Frenchman or German who expects his government to feed him when hungry, clothe him when naked, to prescribe when his child may be born and when he may die, and, in fine, to regulate every act of humanity from the cradle to the tomb, including the manner in which he may seek future admission to paradise.

Mark Twain
Posted on: 2012/7/19 20:54

Huskerland
14738 Posts

Quote:

95Vert wrote:
I looked up that TJ quote, Marcus, the one you posted above. Jefferson said something vaguely like it, but not as quoted in a variety of postings all over the internet.

I'm not saying it doesn't make sense, it does, but he did not put it that way.

Thanks Bill, enjoyed reading the obit for common sense. It makes sense!!

Your right I took that off his Montecello website but should have read further. He did in a long winded version say about the same thing....if you scroll down the page.

http://www.monticello.org/site/jeffer ... -cease-to-exist-quotation

Here are a few more of his quotes:

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

As our enemies have found we can reason like men, so now let us show them we can fight like men also.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of priciple, stand like a rock.

Never spend your money before you earned it.

We never repent of having eaten too little......lol
Posted on: 2012/7/19 22:18

flyboy Re: Thursday Chat 07.19.12
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

Posted on: 2012/7/19 22:19

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat 07.19.12
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Happy birthday, Tommy.
Posted on: 2012/7/19 23:04

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Posted on: 2012/7/19 23:43

vetteblondie Re: Thursday Chat 07.19.12
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Happy Birthday, Tommy !

Been hot here, back up over 100 last couple days, then out of nowhere I"m looking at a rain cloud. Probably just a teaser.

Does coconut oil really give you energy? I need energy bad. Been hid out - had a really bad bust up with someone Monday and not been myself and that makes me lose sleep, not eat and then I have no energy. Didn't have much to start with, then gym took what little I did have.

Maybe Friday will bring some relief
Posted on: 2012/7/20 0:20

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Huskerland
14738 Posts

Geez Letty, to much drama...hope you are ok. I tried all kinds of protein drinks and energy bars that look a lot like candy bars. Then I ran onto the Coconut thing....ok my Mom sent me an article on it.....it is supposed to help with short term memory loss also and the older you get the more you fight that. So I tried some, like 2 tablespoons a day with my porrage every morning. Seems to work for me. Health food stores pure organic...pricey but lasts a long time.

You can google it, tons of info.
Posted on: 2012/7/20 1:07

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hope you are feeling chipper soon, Letty!

Just saw an article on this site in Vette magazine - looks pretty cool:

http://buildandsearch.com/
Posted on: 2012/7/20 1:44

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

I'm a glass half full kind of guy. The only thing I want is the government to live within it's means. Is that asking too much? I try to block as much crap as I can but I can only go lalalalalalala I can't hear you for so long. I prefer to think of more important things like Dottie and Daisy, our potbellied pigs, or Lucky, our house cat, or Black Jack and Precious, our two dogs, or Harry, Cassie, Bonnie and Clyde our birds, or the 10 tortoises. They are the ones that deserve my attention. And they don't bite the hand that feeds them. Well, most of the time thay don't.

Went to the casino for my free B-Day dinner. We had steak and lobster tails. Then I went to the slots and wifey went to the card table. I started with a 20, worked it up to 60 and told the wife, Come on. I want to quit while I'm ahead. As usual, "Oh, how about 10 more minutes, then, I'm in the running to win $300 for the best hand of the hour. Can't we just stay for another 55 minutes. Ya, ya ..... I sat back down and played . Only gave 8 bucks back. Left with $32 of theirs and a free dinner. Wifey left the table a little ahead, herself.

I have another B-Day dinner tomorrow at my SIL and BILs. Overall it was a low key birthday. My favorite kind.

Tomorrow is a new day. I'm sure when I wake up everything will be so much better.
Posted on: 2012/7/20 3:13

TommyT-Bone Re: Thursday Chat 07,19.12
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Trae1976 wrote:

Quote:

Happy Birthday Trae.
Posted on: 2012/7/20 3:18

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Geez Letty, to much drama...hope you are ok. I tried all kinds of protein drinks and energy bars that look a lot like candy bars. Then I ran onto the Coconut thing....ok my Mom sent me an article on it.....it is supposed to help with short term memory loss also and the older you get the more you fight that. So I tried some, like 2 tablespoons a day with my porrage every morning. Seems to work for me. Health food stores pure organic...pricey but lasts a long time.

You can google it, tons of info.

drama.. yup lots of it - you have noooooo idea.. But hey, it'll all be good. It was a situation I had no business in anyway, I'll be better off.
I made a couple of people look like asses during part of it that was kinda fun tho

I'll look into the oil. Anything to help. I guess I'm just getting old?

Had a cloud come up earlier left about three sprinkles and faded away. Figures. We really need rain here.
Posted on: 2012/7/20 3:24

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
I guess I'm just getting older?

Fixt it for ya.

It has become apparrent, the older you get the stronger your opinions. You are also swayed less by what others think of you. I guess thats's why it's said, later in life you can count your true friends on one hand. I hope you get over it and move on quickly. Worry is a waste of time and energy.

Do you see how this all works? I'm a year older now so I can say this shit.
Posted on: 2012/7/20 11:11

Matatk Re: Thursday Chat 07,19.12
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

Trae1976 wrote:

Quote:

Happy Birthday Trae.

Posted on: 2012/7/20 11:27

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

But you said it last year, too. So maybe in your old age you're just more forgetful, since you forgot you already said it. What, what did you say again?
Posted on: 2012/7/20 11:28

Huskerland
14738 Posts

Happy B-Day Trea....your post was too subtle for me...I just thought you were quoting the song.....I missed it...need more Coconut oil....3 tblespoons today...
Posted on: 2012/7/20 13:04

Trae1976 Re: Thursday Chat 07,19.12
Johnson City, TN
832 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Happy Birthday Trae.

Quote:

Matatk wrote:

Thanks

I celebrated with a liter of hefeweizen at my favorite German place.  Drink

Quote:

Ultraman wrote: Happy B-Day Trea....your post was too subtle for me...I just thought you were quoting the song.....I missed it...need more Coconut oil....3 tblespoons today...

I'm an engineer . ..  I excel at social ineptitude.  Smilie

Posted on: 2012/7/20 14:44

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

I missed it also Happy Birthday!
Posted on: 2012/7/20 15:07

Resized Image

Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
I guess I'm just getting older?

Fixt it for ya.

It has become apparrent, the older you get the stronger your opinions. You are also swayed less by what others think of you. I guess thats's why it's said, later in life you can count your true friends on one hand. I hope you get over it and move on quickly. Worry is a waste of time and energy.

Thank you. this will be very hard.
Posted on: 2012/7/20 15:09

Resized Image

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

Ditto - Happy Belated Birthday!
Posted on: 2012/7/20 17:13

Trae1976 Re: Thursday Chat 07.19.12
Johnson City, TN
832 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:

Ditto - Happy Belated Birthday!

Thanks

Posted on: 2012/7/20 19:26

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.