Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
298 user(s) are online (265 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Interior Lights
There is one in each door. On the 1984-1989 C4s, the door lights can be turned on and off by pressing them.

There are lights under each knee bols...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Notorious The Giants did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Best Superbowl since the Jets beat the Colts. What a f'n game! Anybody who thinks mega-scoring is required for an exciting game, just doesn't understand football as God intended it to be played.
Posted on: 2008/2/4 3:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

DaleD RE:The Giants did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

It was a good game. I was pulling for the Giants.

Cheater Belichick ran off the field before the last play. What class.
Posted on: 2008/2/4 3:15

Alcee1 RE:The Giants did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guru Emeritus
Los Angeles
277 Posts

ThaPatriots lost 1 game all season and it was the main one, HAHAHAHAHA I'm glad the Giants won. :thumbright:
Posted on: 2008/2/4 3:56
Edlebrock Heads, 2030 cam, X-ram w/EGR, 1.6 R/R, Bored TB´s, AFPR, Pro-built Tranny, Vigilantly 2600, Transgo, Dana 44 3.54, Hardened Pushrods & Head Bolts, Custom performance chip, K&N, Double roller timing chain, Aluminum radiator & flex hose, MS

jrzvette Re: The Giants did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guru
new jersey
73 Posts

Quote:
Best Superbowl since the Jets beat the Colts. What a f'n game! Anybody who thinks mega-scoring is required for an exciting game, just doesn't understand football as God intended it to be played.

And anyone running the office pool has an easy time distributing the winnings:

1st qtr, half, 3rd qtr go to Pats 7 Giants 3

Game goes to NY 7 Pats 4
Posted on: 2008/2/4 4:00

pianoguy RE:The Giants did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

We just got home - man, what an amazing game! Hats off to the Giants - they defninitely earned it.
Posted on: 2008/2/4 4:17

Notorious RE:The Giants did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Quote:
We just got home - man, what an amazing game! Hats off to the Giants - they defninitely earned it.

Very true. It's not like the Pats just laid down, they didn't. The Patriots didn't lose this game, the Giants won it. If more NFL football was still played as this game was, I'd be as big a fan as I was many years ago. Both defenses played extremely well and so both offenses had to fight for every gain. It was trench warfare, as all of the truly historic contests throughout the history of the game have been.
I wasn't excited about this game at all, figuring it'd likely be just another Superbowl snoozer. Sometimes it's great to be wrong!
Posted on: 2008/2/4 4:36

bogus RE:The Giants did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I was impressed with the Giants game. They did what I expected they would do if they were to win - that is to disrupt the Pats offence.

It should be known that I am an Eagles fan and HATE the Giants with a passion.

The thing that gets me is how much Eli has matured this season. He went from a punk-ass loser to an experienced pro. Very well done. I would not be surprised to see the two Mannings against each other in the Super Bowl sometime in the near future. This Giants team is the start of a new dynasty. They have youth and success on their side... and it disgusts me.
Posted on: 2008/2/4 5:53

toptechx6 RE:The Giants did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Senior Guru
south Florida
362 Posts

Excellent game, thoroughly enjoyed. A Superbowl that will go down in history and be savored eternally by believers in the underdog.
The Giants defense kept the Pats off track and Eli and company delivered just enough offense to get the win, outstanding.
Belichick's classic sore loser exit demonstrated why he is universally despised, completely without class.
Posted on: 2008/2/4 9:14

bizaro RE:The Giants did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guru Newb
wisconsin
44 Posts

awesome 4th quarter.
Posted on: 2008/2/4 11:04

Mr_Mojo RE:The Giants did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

I don't watch Football anymore, there aren't any cars involved.

But I'm happy with the score since my fiancee won $600 in her office pool.
Posted on: 2008/2/4 12:39

dan0617 RE:The Giants did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Senior Guru
Tyrone, PA
1260 Posts

After the first 2 plays of the Pat's 4th qtr scoring drive, I said here we go again. Typical Pat's, wear down the other team and score big in the 4th. Thought it was going to be a repeat of their regular season matchup. Sure enough, long drive and score. When the Giants answered with their drive I about flipped out. Loved it. Couldn't have been a better game.
Posted on: 2008/2/4 13:50

Skidmarks Re: The Giants did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guru
Blue Mound, Illinois
98 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

And anyone running the office pool has an easy time distributing the winnings:

1st qtr, half, 3rd qtr go to Pats 7 Giants 3

Game goes to NY 7 Pats 4

Actually, the Patriots didn't score till a few seconds into the 2nd quarter.
Posted on: 2008/2/4 20:06

Jeffvette RE:The Giants did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elite Guru
Not on CF
1297 Posts

Quote:
The thing that gets me is how much Eli has matured this season. He went from a punk-ass loser to an experienced pro.

Sorry, Eli was never a punk ass loser. That was Ryan Leaf. He has carried himself very well considering the pedigree he has had to live up to.

His father was a awesome college QB, played a great NFL career even though he played on a crap team.

His oldest brother Cooper was a good receiver at Ole Miss before a spinal issue made him quit in college.

Peyton all world in College and in pro.

That is a very tough family line.
Posted on: 2008/2/4 20:16

vetteblondie Re: The Giants did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Quote:

That was one helluva game!!!
Posted on: 2008/2/5 1:50

crash RE:The Giants did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

belicheck was mad because he didnt the giants walk thriugh fimed they did it to our rams and knew every play martz had not that martz was a great coach but if you know your opponents game plan its hard to lose like the rams said its like they knew our every move
ha ha ha ha belicheck may the fleas of 1000 camels nesle in your jock strap
Posted on: 2008/2/5 3:02

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:
belicheck was mad because he didnt the giants walk thriugh fimed they did it to our rams and knew every play martz had not that martz was a great coach but if you know your opponents game plan its hard to lose like the rams said its like they knew our every move
ha ha ha ha belicheck may the fleas of 1000 camels nesle in your jock strap

I am not convinced that the Pats taped the walk throughs... If they had, I think the Pats would have hung a pot load more points on them.

People don't realize how much tape exists on these teams, be it NFL tape or TV tape. It's all there.
Posted on: 2008/2/5 3:12

mseven RE:The Giants did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Senior Guru
Motor City Madhouse
247 Posts

Quote:
Belichick's classic sore loser exit demonstrated why he is universally despised, completely without class.

not to mention Brady's remarks of the Giants defensive "schemes" ....instead of the sour grapes, give credit where credit is due...they beat him up and shut him down, exactly what was needed to win
The media hype of Brady being in the same league as T. Bradshaw and J. Montana .....those guys knew how to deliver the goods in those situations. The Giants did good !!
Posted on: 2008/2/5 14:02

runner140 RE:The Giants did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

Ticker tape parade in New York today at 11:00 First one in several years. :thumbleft:
Posted on: 2008/2/5 15:30

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

not to mention Brady's remarks of the Giants defensive "schemes" ....instead of the sour grapes, give credit where credit is due...they beat him up and shut him down, exactly what was needed to win
The media hype of Brady being in the same league as T. Bradshaw and J. Montana .....those guys knew how to deliver the goods in those situations. The Giants did good !!

I guess his 3 past Super Bowl titles don't count? Dissing Brady because of one less than stellar game is a bit harsh, don't you think?
Posted on: 2008/2/5 15:38

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
The thing that gets me is how much Eli has matured this season. He went from a punk-ass loser to an experienced pro.

Sorry, Eli was never a punk ass loser. That was Ryan Leaf. He has carried himself very well considering the pedigree he has had to live up to.

His father was a awesome college QB, played a great NFL career even though he played on a crap team.

His oldest brother Cooper was a good receiver at Ole Miss before a spinal issue made him quit in college.

Peyton all world in College and in pro.

That is a very tough family line.

I remember the crap that he was spewing when he was getting drafted, how he refused to sign with the Chargers, forcing the trade to the Giants. Sure, looks good now, but you have to admit, he was nothing special until game three of this season.

He had a horrid passing rating, made bad decisions, tossed a bunch of ints and just wasn't getting the job done. He was easily rattled and could be easily forced into the big mistake.

It's great he has grown up and improved, but he wasn't always this super duper QB.
Posted on: 2008/2/5 15:41

toptechx6 RE:The Giants did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Senior Guru
south Florida
362 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I guess his 3 past Super Bowl titles don't count? Dissing Brady because of one less than stellar game is a bit harsh, don't you think?

Not sure what you were directing at me but in all honesty no number of previous titles count for shit when it comes to poor sportsmanship, that's what Belichicks' tantrum amounted to.
I am delighted by the loss, even if you did miss your chance to witness history, I'm lucky enough to remember Don Shula's 72 team, they had style, class, and sportsmanship.
Posted on: 2008/2/5 15:55

Skidmarks RE:The Giants did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guru
Blue Mound, Illinois
98 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not sure what you were directing at me but in all honesty no number of previous titles count for shit when it comes to poor sportsmanship, that's what Belichicks' tantrum amounted to.
I am delighted by the loss, even if you did miss your chance to witness history, I'm lucky enough to remember Don Shula's 72 team, they had style, class, and sportsmanship.

What happened to it? Mercury Morris is an ass!
Posted on: 2008/2/5 17:25

CentralCoaster RE:The Giants did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Loved watching Brady get sacked!

Don't remember a lot of it though. What happened with that Pats fumble recovery that they gave back to the Giants?

Helluva 1st and 4th quarter. I think even some of the Pats fans were secretly pulling for the Giant upset.
Posted on: 2008/2/5 18:53

Skidmarks RE:The Giants did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guru
Blue Mound, Illinois
98 Posts

Quote:
Loved watching Brady get sacked!

Don't remember a lot of it though. What happened with that Pats fumble recovery that they gave back to the Giants?

Helluva 1st and 4th quarter. I think even some of the Pats fans were secretly pulling for the Giant upset.

The ref's blew that call on the fumble recovery. They gave it back to the Giants.

I'm a Pats' fan and even though I didn't like the out come it was a helluva game. The Giants were well prepared and played hard. Their defensive line should have got the MVP.
Posted on: 2008/2/5 18:55

mseven RE:The Giants did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Senior Guru
Motor City Madhouse
247 Posts

[quote="bogus]
I guess his 3 past Super Bowl titles don't count? Dissing Brady because of one less than stellar game is a bit harsh, don't you think?[/quote]
It has nothing to do with his ability, it is his unability to give credit where credit is due (poor sportsmanship). He should have recognized the ability that the Giants defense delivered in that game, and that the pats as a team did not or could not rise to the challange (he came off like sour grapes).

I think any true professional in competitive events should possess an amount of humility and recognize that anything can happen and that anything is possible, regardless if it is due to injury or just lack of stellar performance.

The medias aggressiveness trying to make him the next QB w/4 bowls and his response in interviews prior to the game, he 'seemingly' acted as if it was a a given, this lack of humbleness to the unknown, the lack of hunger, and combine this with all the media regarding him as "the perfect this and perfect that" came back to haunt him......who knows maybe gesele was on his mind
Posted on: 2008/2/6 0:08

CentralCoaster RE:The Giants did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

That poor attitude comes straight from the top, probably the management.

Listening to the players, inc Brady talking about Belichek, all I can must is the guy is a total asshole and nothing is ever good enough. He's gotta be the worst boss to work for, but they put up with it because of their chance at getting a ring.
Posted on: 2008/2/6 6:18

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.